Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her (4122 Views)

My Husband’s Friend Is Wonderful In Bed, But… / Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? / Man Puts Baby In Freezer To Stop Her From Crying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by sexybash(f): 5:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
you must be sleeping on a moving horse if you think
she will listen to you
just get ready to end the relationship with her if you tell her
some women are just too d---umb to see in beteween the lines wink
be ready to be called the devil grin grin grin
even if my bff boyfreind or Horseband-whip toast me i will kindly tell him no zip it sad
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by jumzzy448: 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
opibycar: I don't want to marry a lady that loves me. Yes you
heard me right! I don't want her to love me I just want
a woman that will be submissive to me. A woman that
will always go with what I said even when I'm wrong.
A woman that won't complain even when I cheat. A
woman who won't say B when I say A
....Now that's a good wife.
My ideal woman, my dream angel. Afterall, the Bible
says in Ephesians 5:22 and 25 Vs 22 says: "Wives,
SUBMIT yourselves to your husbands as to the Lord."
Vs 25 says: "Husbands, LOVE your wives just as
Christ loved the Church and gave His life for
it. So it is not your duty to love but to submit. Leave
the loving for me to do and just submit unto me.

hiannnnn.......bible quote turned upside down.

@op, your friend is an adult. in a relationship of two years, your friend can't say she doesn't know if the guy is a cheat or not. so leave her to make her decisions herself.
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
OP, what would you want your friend to do if you were her?

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
OP,

Face ya work!
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by EfemenaXY: 6:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
5minsmadness:
But she doesn't know, does she.

Op, how recent is the photo? Like Ify said are you sure its a serious thing or a mere fling?

Secondly there's something one of my friend's girlfriends did. Dunno if its right but here goes.
She casually initiated a discussion with her fiancee just before they were getting married to tell her about all his past relationships, plus all the girls he has ever slept with. She said she was used to guys being cheats -not that he is a cheat - but that so no girl will come and drop a bomb shell on their wedding day.
I know the boys book on coded relationships advise other wise but my guy confessed every every. He said he was glad to get it off his chest and he wanted to see her reaction anyway. Funny enough she accepted it and till now they are happily married (as far as I know). At least he constantly praises her wisdom and swears to us that he hasn't had the need to look outside his marriage since.

Kk story over. What I'm trying to say is, you can tell your friend to initiate a kind of discussion like that where the guy talks about his flings since he is about to enter marriage so he can get anything off his chest. He might laugh and say hell no, or he might just come clean if he is in fact doing anything wrong.

My suggestion.

Lovely response.

@OP: Tell her. Chances are, if she's determined to marry him, come what may, she'll most likely "forgive" him and continue with the relationship, even if she catches him red-hand.

For all you know, she probably is aware of his escapades and has chosen to turn a blind eye. Even if not, at least you would have eased your conscious once you've told her. Whatever happens afterwards will be up to her.
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by EfemenaXY: 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
freecocoa: From my dealings with the female species of this country called friends, I've come to learn how to mind my business when it comes to relationships.

I became the enemy after trying to advise some on the guys who beat and cheat on them, they ended up telling the guys how I said he is this and that bla bla bla, leading to the guys seeing me as their enemies, the ladies sef started behaving strange towards me, so Omo even if I catch your husband/bf ontop another woman, I go just form blindness.

OP use the first case where you told her about the guy cheating as an eye opener, it's her life and I bet she's seen some signs if the guy's really a cheat.

Frecocoa, that wasn't a real friend to start with and you're best rid of her.
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by freecocoa(f): 6:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Frecocoa, that wasn't a real friend to start with and you're best rid of her.
Yea, that's what I figured and have since left her to her folly.
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
Well, if I was in her shoes,I'd want her to tell me,her not telling me would hurt me very much and it'll mean that she doesn't care much for my happiness. .,like I said someone brought this to me ,and I just wanted to get people's opinion, grin grin una wey dey yab me,una do well o

the lady in question told me she told her mum,and that her mum has asked her to tell her friend. ..so ese gan o cheesy
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by beau49: 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
From some of the replies posted one can deduce that a man cheating is quite acceptable even to some ladies. Someone even took the whole thing personal and insulted the Op cheesy Mmmm....we sure have a long way to go.
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by davidif: 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
shocked shocked

Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by snazzylove: 12:10am On Aug 17, 2014
How to help her?

Simply mind your business. Let her do the finding out herself. She should know who she's been dating 4 d past 2yrs.

Except u want dem 2 settle the matter on top ur head.

My sincere opinion.
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by Praisegirl(f): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
may be you should speak with the guy
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by cutiesoglam(f): 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
opibycar: I don't want to marry a lady that loves me. Yes you
heard me right! I don't want her to love me I just want
a woman that will be submissive to me. A woman that
will always go with what I said even when I'm wrong.
A woman that won't complain even when I cheat. A
woman who won't say B when I say A
....Now that's a good wife.
U r lookin 4 a barbie doll!
My ideal woman, my dream angel. Afterall, the Bible
says in Ephesians 5:22 and 25 Vs 22 says: "Wives,
SUBMIT yourselves to your husbands as to the Lord."
Vs 25 says: "Husbands, LOVE your wives just as
Christ loved the Church and gave His life for
it. So it is not your duty to love but to submit. Leave
the loving for me to do and just submit unto me.
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by emma2002(m): 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
You've got to do everything in your power to expose this evil or else after the marriage when issues begin to show up [especially with the fact that this type of problem sticks around and hardly goes away] your conscience will be greatly troubled and you may not be able to forgive yourself for keeping mute, not to talk of your friend who will later realize you were aware and kept silent.

My Suggestion: Do not speak with your friend first, attempt to get the audience of the guy show him all the evidences and together see how he can confess to her and possibly be out of the picture until they have reconciled. Your friend will thank you forever, when she discovers you were behind the scene orchestrating the event.

Assuming he refuses, you now know better the stuff he is made of and have a better reason to open up to your friend.

My opinion though...

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by perry2020(f): 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
iwakolewa: I'm posting this on behalf of a friend,don't know what to advise. .....

I've been friends with her for over eight years now, we are like sisters,about six years ago, her boyfriend crossed the line and asked me out...I got furious and told her about it,but she didn't end the relationship with the guy,they had a little quarrel and reconciled. ...four months later,the relationship ended.. she found out he was getting married.
I've been married for over five years now ,and I have been praying for her to get a good guy to settle down with,and over time, she's been in and out of relationships,she's kind of naive and meek...more like guys take advantage of her meekness.

Two years ago, she met a really cool guy,we all like the guy and it was obvious he likes my friend and they've been dating since then. ..and now,they have set a date for their wedding at the end of the year....

My kid sister came home from school some days ago,they had an award night where she won some awards and she was showing me pictures, I saw my friend's fiancee's picture on her phone with some of her friends, she's never met the guy before,I asked about the guy and she said the guy is dating one of her friends,my friend is in her late 20s,my sister is 19,I was so shocked I kept asking about the guy from my sister.

Now I don't know what to do,I love my friend, don't want to break her heart, but I also don't want her to get hurt...Please advise me on what I can do.

U no sum women re so calm dat even wen dey c a guy who is cheating they knt tell.wat I would advice is get d pik send to ur friend dat she should ask her husband to be how he is related to dos girls.or kal him aside and show him d pik n tell him u heard bt he should plz nt disappoint ur frnd.listen to what e has to say abt ez relationship wif d girl.the rate of divorce and partners transferring diseases to their spouse is alarming I think f u dnt wana do all of this then tell ha wif all sincerity.coz m sure if she was ur sister u would tell.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by TheClown: 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
the guy loves her? thank God. let them marry, alll men are cheats or potential or retired cheats. your husband might even be cheating on you. Let the marry, it is enough that the loves her. one day he wod realise how foolish he has and then he would repent. Most husbands are cheats let me tell you, that does not mean they dont love their wives. dont tell him, let them marry, he would realise his mistakes onedaym
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by weaseloo: 12:10am On Sep 06, 2014
emma2002: You've got to do everything in your power to expose this evil or else after the marriage when issues begin to show up [especially with the fact that this type of problem sticks around and hardly goes away] your conscience will be greatly troubled and you may not be able to forgive yourself for keeping mute, not to talk of your friend who will later realize you were aware and kept silent.

My Suggestion: Do not speak with your friend first, attempt to get the audience of the guy show him all the evidences and together see how he can confess to her and possibly be out of the picture until they have reconciled. Your friend will thank you forever, when she discovers you were behind the scene orchestrating the event.

Assuming he refuses, you now know better the stuff he is made of and have a better reason to open up to your friend.

My opinion though...

Was thinking the same thing. If dont want to tell your friend, confront the guy with your evidence and see how he handles it. Make sure you record the conversation as evidenc to your friend.
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 06, 2014
As a friend, you should let her know. Its not as if you made it up

Its then up to her to decide how she wants to deal with it

There may be an explanation and as a couple about to be married they should be able to discuss everything together.
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by Mobsync(m): 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
elipheleh: shut up and mind your own bussiness, enemyof progress. jealousy go kill you.
fitst you must be stupid to expect a single handsome gut to have only 1 girlfriend. seriously he has not married your friend yet so that is normal.

besides girls date several guys at thesame time. so what is wrong if a guy does it?
bastard amebo

Oga, take it easy o. Abeg.
Re: My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her by Agrika: 10:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
elipheleh: shut up and mind your own bussiness, enemyof progress. jealousy go kill you.
fitst you must be stupid to expect a single handsome gut to have only 1 girlfriend. seriously he has not married your friend yet so that is normal.

besides girls date several guys at thesame time. so what is wrong if a guy does it?
bastard amebo
Haabaa bros, u to harsh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Have Sex With Your Pregnant Wife? / Hypocrisy In Marriage / Apostolic Church Wedding Rules...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.