Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

I have set a record. I was Invited. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I have set a record. I was Invited. (3294 Views)

I Was Invited For A Job I Am Not Qualified For With My Certificate / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter / Who Was Invited For An Interview In Viju Industries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 16, 2014
This is not WWE so don't be afraid.
Again, Please dont try this.

Well to me, its not only doing better than those who has done something especially in sports before. It could also mean doing something that no one has done before.

My people, I went to an interview with my jeans and T-Shirt and without any CV. Isn't that record breaking.
I was even sweating when I got to the venue after going through an unsolicited holdup in a traffic jam and yet was given an audience.

After the discussion, I was told I would be contacted if I am listed among those that met their requirement.

I am waiting for their call at the moment. Meanwhile, join me to celebrate my record breaking achievement.

Enjoy your weekend.
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by donigspain(m): 6:18am On Aug 16, 2014
I did same thing in 2012. I had gone to PortHarcourt for Job search immediately after graduating in Dec, 2011. I submitted my CV to an oil and ship servicing firm. Some days later one of my contacts informed me that the MD wanted to see me. I thought it was just a casual chat so I went to his office wearing a tight blue jeans trouser, a red T-shirt and sneakers. I bounced along like a young frog. grin grin

I got to the company gate and was shocked to see a crowd of job seekers all suited up. shocked shocked Hmmm, I simply waltzed to the gate believing my case is different based on my VIP invitation. I met the gate man who inquired where I was going and I explained I got an invitation for a chat with the MD. The gateman asked me to join the others that they had come for same purpose. Yeeeeeeeee!!! angry

I was the odd one amongst the crowd. I met a guy who had graduated from FUTO (civil engr) and has been in the job market for years. He even sympathised with me over my situation. We waited for about 30 minutes and then the small gate door opened. A young man looked out, moving his head from left to right like he was scrutinizing us. Next thing he pointed at me and asked me in. cool I think my odd dressing caught his attention.

Foolish me thought he was the PA to the MD embarassed not until we got to his office and he introduced himself as the MD....
THE REST IS HISTORY! wink
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Gorimakpa(m): 7:13am On Aug 16, 2014
donigspain: I did same thing in 2012. I had gone to PortHarcourt for Job search immediately after graduating in Dec, 2011. I submitted my CV to an oil and ship servicing firm. Some days later one of my contacts informed me that the MD wanted to see me. I thought it was just a casual chat so I went to his office wearing a tight blue jeans trouser, a red T-shirt and sneakers. I bounced along like a young frog. grin grin

I got to the company gate and was shocked to see a crowd of job seekers all suited up. shocked shocked Hmmm, I simply waltzed to the gate believing my case is different based on my VIP invitation. I met the gate man who inquired where I was going and I explained I got an invitation for a chat with the MD. The gateman asked me to join the others that they had come for same purpose. Yeeeeeeeee!!! angry

I was the odd one amongst the crowd. I met a guy who had graduated from FUTO (civil engr) and has been in the job market for years. He even sympathised with me over my situation. We waited for about 30 minutes and then the small gate door opened. A young man looked out, moving his head from left to right like he was scrutinizing us. Next thing he pointed at me and asked me in. cool I think my odd dressing caught his attention.

Foolish me thought he was the PA to the MD embarassed not until we got to his office and he introduced himself as the MD....

Did you get the job?
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 16, 2014
op sorry o..they won't can contact you embarassed
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by donigspain(m): 7:30am On Aug 16, 2014
Gorimakpa:

Did you get the job?
NO SIR!!!
Please don't try this as a job seeker... Always go by the "Suit" or "Shirt and Tie" rule even though I got my present job without a tie. Just appear neat and well-groomed in a corporate or business casual dressing.
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Gorimakpa(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2014
donigspain: NO SIR!!!
Please don't try this as a job seeker... Always go by the "Suit" or "Shirt and Tie" rule even though I got my present job without a tie. Just appear neat and well-groomed in a corporate or business casual dressing.

Yeah, it always ends badly. Had a similar experience some years ago.
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
donigspain: I did same thing in 2012. I had gone to PortHarcourt for Job search immediately after graduating in Dec, 2011. I submitted my CV to an oil and ship servicing firm. Some days later one of my contacts informed me that the MD wanted to see me. I thought it was just a casual chat so I went to his office wearing a tight blue jeans trouser, a red T-shirt and sneakers. I bounced along like a young frog. grin grin

Wow.
I now officially hand over the record breaking to you.
But I am going to take it back when I am successful.
Enjoy your work.
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
chidyhels: op sorry o..they won't contact you embarassed
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
+
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
Gorimakpa:

Yeah, it always ends badly. Had a similar experience some years ago.

I would be different.
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Gherrokid(m): 10:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
donigspain: NO SIR!!!
Is it acceptable to wear a ONE-BUTTON fitted suit to an interview?
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
victorels:

Wow.
I now officially hand over the record breaking to you.
But I am going to take it back when I am successful.
Enjoy your work.

grin grin grin, NL sha, smh... Awon record breakers limited. Lol

1 Like

Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by donigspain(m): 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
Gherrokid:
Is it acceptable to wear a ONE-BUTTON fitted suit to an interview?
As long as the fashion is moderate and not the "yo nigga" kinda suit...
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Gherrokid(m): 11:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
donigspain: As long as the fashion is moderate and not the "yo nigga" kinda suit...
Thanks. Yes it's a moderate fit.
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
Topic Changed.
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
victorels: Topic Changed.

Changed again!
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 28, 2014
victorels:

Changed again!

changed again again
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
[sub][/sub]
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
I don't think I have waited for long. Have I?
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 25, 2014
Why are this people delaying me?
Re: I have set a record. I was Invited. by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 20, 2014
victorels:
Why are this people delaying me?

Finally! I got an invite for the training.

I held my record with pride.

(1) (Reply)

5 Tough Interview Questions You May Likely Fail- Part 2 / Advans La Fayette Microfinance Bank Recruitment / Graduate Opening , Loyalty Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.