Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,771 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

Jonathan’s N1.9 Billion Ebola Intervention Fund Yet To Arrive Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s N1.9 Billion Ebola Intervention Fund Yet To Arrive Lagos (833 Views)

National Assembly To Buhari: Drop N500b Intervention Fund From Budget 2016 / Amaechi: I Refused To Share From Jonathan’s N1.9tn Oil Subsidy / Presidential Poll: Soldiers Arrive Lagos’ Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s N1.9 Billion Ebola Intervention Fund Yet To Arrive Lagos by olokfor: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2014
The Lagos State government has said it is yet to receive any financial assistance from the federal government to help stop the spread of the Ebola virus in the state.

Jide Idris, the Commissioner for Health, told journalists at a press conference in Lagos, Friday, that the state is yet to receive a “penny” from the federal government.

“This effort is a collaborative effort between the Lagos State government and the federal officials and their partners,” said Dr. Idris.

“As far as I know, the federal government has been very good in providing technical support, technical support especially through the consultant partners.

“As at now we have not received a penny from the federal government. All the money we’ve spent at the state are money released by the state governor, who released the money immediately we had this thing. And that’s the money we’ve been spending. Perhaps the federal government will release it later, as at now we have not received a penny.

“But again we are grateful for all they have been doing to provide technical support, so many of their staff are working with us in contact tracing, case management, and they are part of the emergency response centre,” Dr. Idris added.

Last week, President Goodluck Jonathan announced the immediate release of a N1.9 billion Special Intervention Plan to strengthen the ongoing steps to contain the spread of the Ebola virus.

Onyebuchi Chukwu, the Health Minister, had also said that an experimental drug for treatment of the Ebola Virus Disease had been provided by a Nigerian in diaspora and would arrive the country on Thursday.

But Dr. Idris also said that the state government has not received the drug as at Friday evening.

“We heard on the news that the thing is on its way to Lagos. We have not received it as of now,” said Dr. Idris.

“But let me say I go for evening briefing at the EOC (Emergency Operation Centre), when I go there for 6 o’clock briefing I’ll get the full details. As at now, I am not aware of the drug yet. Perhaps it’s there, perhaps not.

“We in Lagos we are also exploring such possibilities, because we sent our pharmacists to enquire properly from the two manufacturing companies how best to get them. If they are here in Lagos, I’ll confirm this evening,” he added.

Only Lagos State has recorded Ebola cases, with four deaths (including the Liberian) and eight people in isolation, according to Dr. Idris.

The Health Commissioner also appealed to striking medical doctors to shelve their industrial action.

“Because of our request for volunteers, a number of people have come. They’ve trained some people. As at now, we have five doctors, about eight nurses and some health workers,” he added.

Read more: http://metronaija.com/jonathans-n1-9-billion-ebola-intervention-fund-yet-arrive-lagos/
Re: Jonathan’s N1.9 Billion Ebola Intervention Fund Yet To Arrive Lagos by oduastates: 9:43am On Aug 16, 2014
GEJ : wait make I finish this movie first.
Re: Jonathan’s N1.9 Billion Ebola Intervention Fund Yet To Arrive Lagos by Ofunaofu: 10:37am On Aug 16, 2014
...puting the record straight.
Re: Jonathan’s N1.9 Billion Ebola Intervention Fund Yet To Arrive Lagos by yomexp(m): 10:42am On Aug 16, 2014
but then ofcourse it's GEJ's administration what do you expect?
Re: Jonathan’s N1.9 Billion Ebola Intervention Fund Yet To Arrive Lagos by yomexp(m): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2014
wait for GEJ at your own peril
Re: Jonathan’s N1.9 Billion Ebola Intervention Fund Yet To Arrive Lagos by yomexp(m): 10:49am On Aug 16, 2014
but this kain source sha...
Re: Jonathan’s N1.9 Billion Ebola Intervention Fund Yet To Arrive Lagos by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 16, 2014
Why is APC's Lagos state expecting money from the PDP led FG? Don't they receive their monthly allocation?

Honestly, APC, FASHOLA AND LAGOS STATE WON'T SEIZE TO AMAZE ME. The hate against GEJ and other part of south by these APC EVIL SPIRITS is simple unreasonable. Fashola and co are really iredeemable.

Lagos that their IGR is worth trillions is complaining of fund.

I wonder why Fashola have joined those educated illitrate touts of APC.
Re: Jonathan’s N1.9 Billion Ebola Intervention Fund Yet To Arrive Lagos by emiye(m): 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
May be it is still on the high sea embarassed embarassed
Re: Jonathan’s N1.9 Billion Ebola Intervention Fund Yet To Arrive Lagos by emiye(m): 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
emmydeep: Why is APC's Lagos state expecting money from the PDP led FG? Don't they receive their monthly allocation?

Honestly, APC, FASHOLA AND LAGOS STATE WON'T SEIZE TO AMAZE ME. The hate against GEJ and other part of south by these APC EVIL SPIRITS is simple unreasonable. Fashola and co are really iredeemable.

Lagos that their IGR is worth trillions ZILLIONS is complaining of fund.

I wonder why Fashola have joined those educated illitrate touts of APC.
Point of correction embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Disclaimer: Ribadu Did Not Lambast APC! / Mugabe Snipes At Zuma Over SADC Trade Protocol / Why I Dumped APC – Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.