Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,310 members, 7,954,245 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:15 PM

Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! (1286 Views)

Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / 27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 16, 2014
THE body of Christ is under a relentless siege. It has been invaded by conmen and conwomen who do not want to sweat for a living. “In sweat of the face shalt thou eat bread till thou return unto the ground.......,” God pronounced the life sentence on us through our ancestor, Adam, following the fall (Genesis 3:19). But this breed of the human race is cleverly finding a way around the Edenic curse. I am not referring to you the honest, humble and hardworking servants of the Lord but the luxury-seeking crooks who are using Christianity to amass wealth.

These men and women don’t want to be called by such simple, modest and humble titles as father, pastor or reverend. They want titles that will awe, subdue and mesmerise their prospective victims - doctor, bishop, prophet, apostle, man of God, anointed one of God and many more.
They have also come up with high sounding names for their churches, often with ‘international’, ‘world’ or ‘all nations’ to make them sound more attractive. These people are highly-talented, intelligent and skilful.

Their two primary goals are a life of luxury and being hero-worshipped by their docile followers. The leeches have easily found fertile ground within the liberal Christian fraternity whose doctrine does not place any emphasis on repentance and salvation but dwells on euphoria, emotionalism, materialism and the prospect of a life free of problems. They are fully aware that few members of their gullible flocks are willing to prayerfully study the Holy Bible on their own, which is the only way God can open their eyes and set them free from their bondage. “Plant the seed” is their new catchphrase.

Biblically ‘illiterate’ and materialistic Christians are being fooled into parting away with their hard-earned money and expensive possessions with promises of an ‘earthly paradise’ as the clever preachers laugh all the way to the bank. The willing victims of this shameless deception are duped into believing that once they “plant the seed” it will germinate and bear fruits in form of a prosperous, blissful, worry-free life. Not salvation.

The sermons and Bible studies are carefully tailored to appeal to the wildest fantasies of the listeners. They are so cleverly delivered that the victims are rendered completely helpless, blinded by the prospect of a ‘heaven on earth’. And in this massive deception education is not a factor at all. Both the illiterate and learned have been innocently swallowing the lies with gratitude. They will shout, clap their hands, whistle, hop up and down and ogle their eyes in sincere ecstasy as they are bombarded with one lie after another as if they are excited at the prospect of salvation.

The cheats will convince their flock that they are giving to God when they are actually financing their luxurious lifestyles and making them wealthier by the day while they remain wallowing in sin. How often do these people beg you to repent or warn you about the ghastly consequences of dying in sin in their sermons and Bible studies? To ensure a steady flow of money and material donations some of them are cleverly investing part of the booty in magnificent, multimillion dollar houses of worship and auxiliary infrastructure. They have also opened schools and orphanages, and are giving generously towards charity.

Don’t be fooled. It is a smokescreen. Those massive structures are often meant to caress the egos of the churches’ founders and their inner circle while creating a sense of pride in the minds of the members so that they can give even more. The sad part of it all is that instead of viewing these awe-inspiring super structures as God’s instruments of salvation that should draw them closer to heaven the contributors are regarding them as status symbols and sources of prestige. It is all about class. Those beautiful buildings and high sounding names of the churches are effectively being used as baits to entice the gullible into giving more and attract new members. The principle is that the larger the flock the fatter the bank account.

These people will stop at nothing. They are now even offering the so called anointing oil and holy water for sale, and their customers are not few. Are you people sure you are not buying demons, which may begin to control your lives? The crooks will never run out of victims. They have been targeting two spiritually vulnerable groups - the desperate (including the poor) and the middle class (workers and business people). The poor and desperate are enticed with promises of freedom from illness, employment, marriage, matrimonial bliss and children. #

The working class are promised promotion, better jobs with higher pay and job security while the business people want multiplicity and security of their wealth, personal protection and longevity. Seldom is repentance preached for it does not sound attractive in the ears of these groups.
The poor, sick, jobless, single and childless Christians are driven into the hands of these deceivers by desperation and the prospect of relief while the working class and business people are spurred by nothing but greed and materialism. We need to face the truth, my beloved brothers and sisters, so that it can set us free!

It is unfortunate that the very people who are being deceived and milked dry are the first to jump to the defence of these human leeches. Please God, liberate your children from the powerful spell of these morons. Brothers and sisters in Christ don’t be fooled. God’s blessings are not up for sale. They are free. Our duty is to remain faithful to Him. We should only give to the church to appreciate Him as our Creator; to thank Him for the gift of His son Jesus Christ who has saved us and the gift of life. It is up to Him to choose how to acknowledge our humility.

The ‘plant a seed’ preachers have gleaned a few verses from the two Chronicles, Numbers and Genesis in the Bible, but their favourite verse is Malachi 3:10 in which the prophet entreats the children of Israel to “bring the tithes into the storehouse” and throws a challenge at them to “prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will open you the windows of heaven, and pour you a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive”.

However, those who will care to read the whole book of Malachi will realise that its central theme is not “planting the seed” in exchange for ‘unmanageable’ blessings or a life of bliss. Such an interpretation is seriously flawed. The common thread through the whole book is restoration or revival. Why are we being deceived when the Bible is there to protect us? The prophet was seeking to restore the personal relationship between God and His people. It is not about buying blessings with tithes and offerings of the ‘seed’ as I will show next Sunday. Make a date!

http://www.daily-mail.co.zm/index.php/features/item/471-stealing-stealing-in-the-name-of-the-lord?tmpl=component&print=1

13 Likes

Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by todayguest(m): 9:50am On Aug 16, 2014
You've said nothing but the truth. He who have ears; let him hear.!
Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by Provie(m): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2014
So on point! The cold fact remains they deep down in their heart of hearts they know what they are doing. I keep saying "Lord teach me that the Bible is true", because the life of today's preachers would make you swear that the whole thing is a deliberate grand deception.

3 Likes

Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by 76Naira(m): 10:47am On Aug 16, 2014
You said the content of my mind in a perfect way.
"Men of God" buying private jets while church members languish in penury.
Why should you walk to church in the rain and back in a congested bus while your "General Overseer" has 5 exotic cars parked in his home, owns houses in Europe and US and flies first class or owns a private jet?

If love is really the foundation and Christ sowed his life for us, then, church members and the community should be helped actively from the purse of the church.

But who are we to say these things? Some believer would soon come along to explain why we are "not true Christians" if we ask these meaningful questions.

8 Likes

Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by Elijah78: 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
I escape from this prison some few months ago. When my eyes were open i decided to take immediate action without shame. Now i feel liberated.

5 Likes

Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by christemmbassey(m): 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
What should we do?
Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by nora544: 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
People should read this, and it will help and I feel that the days of this 419 pastors will soon find an end.

You can put this when you have a facebook account that your friends can read it.

Slow and steady wins the race!
Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by lastmessenger: 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
What pains me most is that my people who are called by the name of God have freely giving in to these perverse gospel.

2 Likes

Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by Goshen360(m): 3:19am On Aug 17, 2014
I'm Goshen360 and I endorse the whole message of the OP. Perfectly written and truth revealing!!!

2 Likes

Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by jamace(m): 3:24am On Aug 17, 2014
christemmbassey: What should we do?
Escape!!! Emancipate yourself from the fangs of those astute businessmen!!!
Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by Goshen360(m): 3:26am On Aug 17, 2014
^^^
Not only that, when you free by the truth, preach and teach the truth to others, so they can also be free.
Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by christemmbassey(m): 9:19am On Aug 17, 2014
jamace: Escape!!! Emancipate yourself from the fangs of those astute businessmen!!!
where will you run to! In d air, land and sea they are there.
Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 17, 2014
6 Blessed be the Lord,
Who has not given us as prey to their teeth.
7 Our soul has escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers;
The snare is broken, and we have escaped.
8 Our help is in the name of the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth. (Psalm 124 NKJV)

Those verses of the scripture above sums up my story.

1 Like

Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by Provie(m): 10:51am On Aug 17, 2014
76Naira: You said the content of my mind in a perfect way.
"Men of God" buying private jets while church members languish in penury.
Why should you walk to church in the rain and back in a congested bus while your "General Overseer" has 5 exotic cars parked in his home, owns houses in Europe and US and flies first class or owns a private jet?

If love is really the foundation and Christ sowed his life for us, then, church members and the community should be helped actively from the purse of the church.

But who are we to say these things? Some believer would soon come along to explain why we are "not true Christians" if we ask these meaningful questions.

I am told that believers of old were called "Christians" because they were "behaving like Christ". I remember when Jesus asked Peter whether his boat will accommodate him. Jesus himself travelled far and wide preaching the gospel and healing the sick. He never sought to own even one boat which was such a great necessity for his ministry. He was so compassionate; always giving back to the people even when he never had and never bothered to have.

Today the reverse is the case, yet we still lay claim to the same name "Christians". I am not bothered about what those prosperity preachers are doing to people, much as I am bothered about the level of gullibility existing in the majority of worshippers.

4 Likes

Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by brocab: 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Prosperity preachers, only can use the word of God against the innocent, because our christain believers won't seek the word of God themselves. The truth will set you free. In every church I have walked into' they all preach on the tithing sermon first, before given the word, I see them in their fancy cars, well dressed, and you know the rest to this story.But people allow these preachers to have the prosperity. I have spoken to many people who claim to be christains-after chruch" and what surprisers me, many of our believers dont read or seek the word of God. So these preachers can and will have their desires building their kingdoms on earth. The lord say's many are called, but few are chosing. There are so many verses written in the bible, that speaks of wolves in sheep chothing. But until the people read those verses, there will always be an argument on this topic...
Provie:

I am told that believers of old were called "Christians" because they were "behaving like Christ". I remember when Jesus asked Peter whether his boat will accommodate him. Jesus himself travelled far and wide preaching the gospel and healing the sick. He never sought to own even one boat which was such a great necessity for his ministry. He was so compassionate; always giving back to the people even when he never had and never bothered to have.

Today the reverse is the case, yet we still lay claim to the same name "Christians". I am not bothered about what those prosperity preachers are doing to people, much as I am bothered about the level of gullibility existing in the majority of worshippers.

1 Like

Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by brocab: 8:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
Well said:
frosbel: THE body of Christ is under a relentless siege. It has been invaded by conmen and conwomen who do not want to sweat for a living. “In sweat of the face shalt thou eat bread till thou return unto the ground.......,” God pronounced the life sentence on us through our ancestor, Adam, following the fall (Genesis 3:19). But this breed of the human race is cleverly finding a way around the Edenic curse. I am not referring to you the honest, humble and hardworking servants of the Lord but the luxury-seeking crooks who are using Christianity to amass wealth.

These men and women don’t want to be called by such simple, modest and humble titles as father, pastor or reverend. They want titles that will awe, subdue and mesmerise their prospective victims - doctor, bishop, prophet, apostle, man of God, anointed one of God and many more.
They have also come up with high sounding names for their churches, often with ‘international’, ‘world’ or ‘all nations’ to make them sound more attractive. These people are highly-talented, intelligent and skilful.

Their two primary goals are a life of luxury and being hero-worshipped by their docile followers. The leeches have easily found fertile ground within the liberal Christian fraternity whose doctrine does not place any emphasis on repentance and salvation but dwells on euphoria, emotionalism, materialism and the prospect of a life free of problems. They are fully aware that few members of their gullible flocks are willing to prayerfully study the Holy Bible on their own, which is the only way God can open their eyes and set them free from their bondage. “Plant the seed” is their new catchphrase.

Biblically ‘illiterate’ and materialistic Christians are being fooled into parting away with their hard-earned money and expensive possessions with promises of an ‘earthly paradise’ as the clever preachers laugh all the way to the bank. The willing victims of this shameless deception are duped into believing that once they “plant the seed” it will germinate and bear fruits in form of a prosperous, blissful, worry-free life. Not salvation.

The sermons and Bible studies are carefully tailored to appeal to the wildest fantasies of the listeners. They are so cleverly delivered that the victims are rendered completely helpless, blinded by the prospect of a ‘heaven on earth’. And in this massive deception education is not a factor at all. Both the illiterate and learned have been innocently swallowing the lies with gratitude. They will shout, clap their hands, whistle, hop up and down and ogle their eyes in sincere ecstasy as they are bombarded with one lie after another as if they are excited at the prospect of salvation.

The cheats will convince their flock that they are giving to God when they are actually financing their luxurious lifestyles and making them wealthier by the day while they remain wallowing in sin. How often do these people beg you to repent or warn you about the ghastly consequences of dying in sin in their sermons and Bible studies? To ensure a steady flow of money and material donations some of them are cleverly investing part of the booty in magnificent, multimillion dollar houses of worship and auxiliary infrastructure. They have also opened schools and orphanages, and are giving generously towards charity.

Don’t be fooled. It is a smokescreen. Those massive structures are often meant to caress the egos of the churches’ founders and their inner circle while creating a sense of pride in the minds of the members so that they can give even more. The sad part of it all is that instead of viewing these awe-inspiring super structures as God’s instruments of salvation that should draw them closer to heaven the contributors are regarding them as status symbols and sources of prestige. It is all about class. Those beautiful buildings and high sounding names of the churches are effectively being used as baits to entice the gullible into giving more and attract new members. The principle is that the larger the flock the fatter the bank account.

These people will stop at nothing. They are now even offering the so called anointing oil and holy water for sale, and their customers are not few. Are you people sure you are not buying demons, which may begin to control your lives? The crooks will never run out of victims. They have been targeting two spiritually vulnerable groups - the desperate (including the poor) and the middle class (workers and business people). The poor and desperate are enticed with promises of freedom from illness, employment, marriage, matrimonial bliss and children. #

The working class are promised promotion, better jobs with higher pay and job security while the business people want multiplicity and security of their wealth, personal protection and longevity. Seldom is repentance preached for it does not sound attractive in the ears of these groups.
The poor, sick, jobless, single and childless Christians are driven into the hands of these deceivers by desperation and the prospect of relief while the working class and business people are spurred by nothing but greed and materialism. We need to face the truth, my beloved brothers and sisters, so that it can set us free!

It is unfortunate that the very people who are being deceived and milked dry are the first to jump to the defence of these human leeches. Please God, liberate your children from the powerful spell of these morons. Brothers and sisters in Christ don’t be fooled. God’s blessings are not up for sale. They are free. Our duty is to remain faithful to Him. We should only give to the church to appreciate Him as our Creator; to thank Him for the gift of His son Jesus Christ who has saved us and the gift of life. It is up to Him to choose how to acknowledge our humility.

The ‘plant a seed’ preachers have gleaned a few verses from the two Chronicles, Numbers and Genesis in the Bible, but their favourite verse is Malachi 3:10 in which the prophet entreats the children of Israel to “bring the tithes into the storehouse” and throws a challenge at them to “prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will open you the windows of heaven, and pour you a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive”.

However, those who will care to read the whole book of Malachi will realise that its central theme is not “planting the seed” in exchange for ‘unmanageable’ blessings or a life of bliss. Such an interpretation is seriously flawed. The common thread through the whole book is restoration or revival. Why are we being deceived when the Bible is there to protect us? The prophet was seeking to restore the personal relationship between God and His people. It is not about buying blessings with tithes and offerings of the ‘seed’ as I will show next Sunday. Make a date!

http://www.daily-mail.co.zm/index.php/features/item/471-stealing-stealing-in-the-name-of-the-lord?tmpl=component&print=1
Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by BERNIMOORE: 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
How are you frosbel! its been long that i visit NL, but when i was reading your opening post i just felt bad to the fact that most people affected by this greedy pastors having always justify the pastors/G.O ealier and when it is dawn on them that yes 'this is not what christ represent' they will just silently turn atheist, a close friend of mine who was very rich but without a child for 7rs was regularly milked by a redeem church pastor to d extent that all his business informations were monitored by the pastor, yet no solution to his child issue and appointments to see baba GO is always not posible as another pastor will be reffered, now my friend is now accomodating thought that seem like atheist! its sad though but i will copy your post and send to his mail, good write-up!

3 Likes

Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by PastorKun(m): 7:56am On Aug 23, 2014
BERNIMOORE: How are you frosbel! its been long that i visit NL, but when i was reading your opening post i just felt bad to the fact that most people affected by this greedy pastors having always justify the pastors/G.O ealier and when it is dawn on them that yes 'this is not what christ represent' they will just silently turn atheist, a close friend of mine who was very rich but without a child for 7rs was regularly milked by a redeem church pastor to d extent that all his business informations were monitored by the pastor, yet no solution to his child issue and appointments to see baba GO is always not posible as another pastor will be reffered, now my friend is now accomodating thought that seem like atheist! its sad though but i will copy your post and send to his mail, good write-up!

Your friend is not rich enough, trust me if he was wealthy enough he would have easy access to the GO.

3 Likes

Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by Elijah78: 9:53am On Aug 23, 2014
When scripture say ""the devil cometh not but to steal, to kill, and to destroy"" it was actually referring to RELIGION, not satan.
Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by nora544: 10:34am On Aug 23, 2014
BERNIMOORE: How are you frosbel! its been long that i visit NL, but when i was reading your opening post i just felt bad to the fact that most people affected by this greedy pastors having always justify the pastors/G.O ealier and when it is dawn on them that yes 'this is not what christ represent' they will just silently turn atheist, a close friend of mine who was very rich but without a child for 7rs was regularly milked by a redeem church pastor to d extent that all his business informations were monitored by the pastor, yet no solution to his child issue and appointments to see baba GO is always not posible as another pastor will be reffered, now my friend is now accomodating thought that seem like atheist! its sad though but i will copy your post and send to his mail, good write-up!

That is not the first time I hear this. A good friend just told me realy the same last year, also he told me of a RCCG Pastor who told one pregnat woman who awsk him what she should do because the doctor told her that she will need a cesarean because two kids and not the right position, the pastor told her that she should come in the church and with prayer and Gods help all will went well, after 3 days in the church they brought her to the hospital, but it was to late the woman and the kids die.

Daddy go want only to be together with very big nigerians and since the biggest nigeria kneel bevor him he know about his power ,why he has to fly to UK to the wedding of a son from a pastor from nigeria (he is also one of the super rich pastors), that has nothing to to with preaching the gospel.
Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by Elijah78: 11:33am On Aug 23, 2014
nora544:

That is not the first time I hear this. A good friend just told me realy the same last year, also he told me of a RCCG Pastor who told one pregnat woman who awsk him what she should do because the doctor told her that she will need a cesarean because two kids and not the right position, the pastor told her that she should come in the church and with prayer and Gods help all will went well, after 3 days in the church they brought her to the hospital, but it was to late the woman and the kids die.

Daddy go want only to be together with very big nigerians and since the biggest nigeria kneel bevor him he know about his power ,why he has to fly to UK to the wedding of a son from a pastor from nigeria (he is also one of the super rich pastors), that has nothing to to with preaching the gospel.

Quiet revealing. Hope those who have patronized these so called pastors are reading this.

1 Like

Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by sylve11: 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
hmmmm. quit interesting @ op. cool
Re: Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord! by jamace(m): 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
I just watched one of the prosperity preachers on telly about 2 hours ago. There was no single admonition to members to live a holy life. He ONLY constantly intimidated the members with payment of tithes using the book of Malachi as his anchor. My God, why are some people in the name of pastors/reverends toying with God's name?

Surely, stealing in the name of the Lord!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

THE HOLY BIBLE: What Makes It Holy? / What Are Tribulation Saints? / Why Don't Christians Practice This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.