Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,045 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

My Hilarious Job Hunting Story - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Hilarious Job Hunting Story (30170 Views)

My Hillarious Job Hunting Story / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting / My Job Hunting Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by RentedReality(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
@op;
I demand to know the author of this write-up. I want to make love to her words, watch her while she writes, pass her a dictionary when she's out of words and support her job search.

It's hard finding people with this sense of humor.

My kinda girl, tell her we'll laugh together to the bank, no more Ghana braids it'll be Brazilian from here bae.
Tell her i'll publish whatever she scribbles, tell her our wedding will be attended by words, tell her there's a pharmacy near me; no more headaches.

As for that bookshop owner; i'll make her eat all those books while we watch with popcorn in our mouths.

Tell her I'm raving for her and wont stop till the beat or the DJ dies, whichever comes first.

And finally; tell her I rented reality so we could live out our fantasies,

8 Likes

Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by BCJAY(f): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
May God help us in this country ooooooooo
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by Pronmix(m): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
lordkrato:

Bull.. Anyone who visits that link would see a deader than frankenstein blog with the last post from 2013. If gotta be a cop, do it right... Naija sef, we jus wan dey con ourselves everyday
it is not a dead website man. The op copied that post from there, unlesss she @yemisi63 is and can prove that she's naijasinglegirl then the post is pirated

1 Like

Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by Glock9(m): 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
This has got to be the most interesting thing I have read on Nairaland!!!
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by OCTAVO: 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
I'm in love with your write up. grin
So hilarious!
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by smudge2079(m): 10:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
I swear by d gods, i av neva read anything as funny as dis my whole life. Lmao
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by IGWISE(m): 10:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
so much creativity in this write up pls keep it up
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by ife4luv21(m): 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
madam u deserve a hug for this write up,I laugh forget food .....am a distribution officer for d ongoing PVC distribution,and d way inec is using us,they suppose pay us like 500k ... work more dan money for naija ooo
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by samukiwo(m): 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing why reading this cheesy
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by tonte(m): 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
smurfy: @Yemisi63, Why mention a respectable church like Deeper Life in your satirical write-up? And why did you lie about being born again when it's obvious you aren't?

Why not just shut up when you have nothing sensible to say?

2 Likes

Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by hollermie: 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2014
This is so funny but its d reality. They will propose d work of a 3 man and pay peanuts, some won't even tell from d onset until u've start working b4 d begin to add it one after another
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by SweetyZinta(f): 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
yemi, u r toomuch. Most hillarious job hunting so far. Keep up d goodwork
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by egeoffery: 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
Laugh won finish me.
I got similar experience when I was asked to come for an interview around shaga area In Lagos. A job which was to change my entire life situation, with similar responsibility . It became a little fast food joint demanding all my time.
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
See as laff wan ki me for here o cheesy cheesy

N10k salary, 8am to 6pm. Monday to Saturday. 3 job responsibilities.

Chai tongue
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by richyfunky(m): 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
I feel sorry U going thru all dt stress, every employer just want to take advantage of d fact dt jobs are scarce, maybe u shud try getting a teaching job in any reasonable private school in ur area pending when u get a better job
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by richyfunky(m): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nielbaba: Laf don comot my trouser ooo, infact person eye dey see for dis country,i had similar xpirience dis thursday after receivin invitation like twice from same company name,i decide to honour it dis time also called my friend to gate crash too. We got der it was just a container shop in front of number 13 basiru oweh street ikeja, suppose to be d company's address. We met a young woman der with a man givin instructions to d woman how to market dis and dat,mind u der is just one chair and table so we on standing till we left,he turnd to us, collected our cvs staryer bla bla bla on marketin, how u can make millions in just one deal, etc (yoruba adage will say someone who want s to buy u designer,hes putting on rags)dis and dat.some minutes into d talk, my friend just fired at d man "sir im nt here for commission job i need salary job" dats how my friend get angry n withdraw his cv from d man table.i cnt just help it, i busted into lafta rite in front of d man ,infact it was............
. container ba omo graduates dey suffer 4 dis country oo
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by Superstar007(m): 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hilarious grin

Nice narrative and great writing skills.
Keep it up!
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
grin Madam I hav a story if u can write a book 4me. Atleast u can earn 10x of waste bookshop monthly salary at once

I like ur "turanci"
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by Nelrulez(m): 11:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
Maybe you should take your time to compare her write up to yours. I enjoyed hers but yours got me pissed.
Nielbaba: Laf don comot my trouser ooo, infact person eye dey see for dis country,i had similar xpirience dis thursday after receivin invitation like twice from same company name,i decide to honour it dis time also called my friend to gate crash too. We got der it was just a container shop in front of number 13 basiru oweh street ikeja, suppose to be d company's address. We met a young woman der with a man givin instructions to d woman how to market dis and dat,mind u der is just one chair and table so we on standing till we left,he turnd to us, collected our cvs staryer bla bla bla on marketin, how u can make millions in just one deal, etc (yoruba adage will say someone who want s to buy u designer,hes putting on rags)dis and dat.some minutes into d talk, my friend just fired at d man "sir im nt here for commission job i need salary job" dats how my friend get angry n withdraw his cv from d man table.i cnt just help it, i busted into lafta rite in front of d man ,infact it was............
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by DHonorable(m): 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
I enjoyed your story dear, was so sympathetic. I must confess that though it wasw a real ordeal I never stopped laughing, if you're a writer I'd die to read your books, believe me you're good. I advise you develop to be your own boss these guys they call "BOSS" they use us play kalokalo. Cheers!!!
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by landinfo: 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
I don laff sotey pple 4 neighbourhood dey wonda weda my kraze don start small small......mehn ur talent in comedy-writeup is 2 much....kontinue
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by poiZon: 11:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ishilove:
Busted cheesy

Anyway, though the story is funny, it is very sad. This is essentially the kind of experience job seekers go through in this country. Employers want to overwork you and underpay. It reminds me of a certain nairalander who posted an ad in the job section. She wanted a male nanny/driver/tutor for her under-10 year old child. She demanded the candidate have a 2:1 degree in any course, it would be a full time job and the working hours would be from 7am to 9pm. The salary was 60k per month but it would be paid in arrears at the end of 6 months, and it was subject to renewal upon satisfactory performance.

Infact, when I saw the ad I just shook my head sadly. Nigeria is so messed up and yet some fools in Aso Rock are eating food worth billions of naira, with 10 million naira wardrobe allowance.

n how much is ur state gov'r spending for food every yr?
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by Revolva(m): 11:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
hahah nice one...sha ...10000 naira for a month...na wa oooo......kai....well most babes will do it.....no time at least use the opportunity to see other avenues of jobs its not a must u must remain there and die..ok...lessons
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 17, 2014
Vivipop: Lol...nice one @op. The employment situation in our country is truly pathetic.
seems you went on sabbatical. You are welcome.
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 17, 2014
RentedReality: @op;
I demand to know the author of this write-up. I want to make love to her words, watch her while she writes, pass her a dictionary when she's out of words and support her job search.

It's hard finding people with this sense of humor.

My kinda girl, tell her we'll laugh together to the bank, no more Ghana braids it'll be Brazilian from here bae.
Tell her i'll publish whatever she scribbles, tell her our wedding will be attended by words, tell her there's a pharmacy near me; no more headaches.

As for that bookshop owner; i'll make her eat all those books while we watch with popcorn in our mouths.

Tell her I'm raving for her and wont stop till the beat or the DJ dies, whichever comes first.

And finally; tell her I rented reality so we could live out our fantasies,

You too sure have a way with words. wink

2 Likes

Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 17, 2014
tonte:

Why not just shut up when you have nothing sensible to say?

lipsrsealed

Sorry, sir. smiley
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by mbulela: 12:28am On Aug 17, 2014
smurfy: @Yemisi63, Why mention a respectable church like Deeper Life in your satirical write-up? And why did you lie about being born again when it's obvious you aren't?
Suggest a disrespectful church that she should have used.

2 Likes

Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 17, 2014
vislabraye:

I for curse that person. Some people dey crase sha.

I've received a text someone forwarded to me about an interview. I was quite excited. It was somewhere in Ikeja and I wasn't so familiar with the town. After 30mins or more searching and asking people for the address, I found the place.
It was a three storey uncompleted building. I was already angry. By the time I went up to search for the company, lo and behold, it was an affiliate of GNLD. I spent more that 1k to hear MLM thrash talk. I just walked out of the place.

Next time Google any address that appears suspicious. A true interview text msg is usually detailed, contains a traceable address, sent about a week to the interview date, etc. Again, if you suspect anything, Google the address or the very message itself.
Re: My Hilarious Job Hunting Story by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 17, 2014
mbulela:
Suggest a disrespectful church that she should have used.

I'd leave that to you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop / Lady Gets An Internship Placement In Deloitte / What Is The Minimum Salary Scale Of A Graduate Who Joins The Police?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.