Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. (3104 Views)

Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail / A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death / Professor Wole Soyinka Turns 78 Today-a Poem For Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by Nobody: 4:09am On Aug 18, 2014
scarr:
@bolded so just because someone doesn't like poetry dat makes him a bad person? let ur work speak for u and stop d attention seeking.......ill rather stay with 100 non poetry lovers dan with one suicide bomber......plus ur poem won't stop a soldier from harassing you because u kicked a lil sand on his boots accidentally...#misplacedpriorities
MISPLACED PIORITY?! wow, man i think you are on the wrong path, what's harassment compared to death? could it be compared to giving your life for a whole NATION? This men dare to steer death in the eyes with retarded armors. They life span are shortened so ours can be longer. With all these islam, political, tribal extremism, and plain hatred for one another, this men go in and lay their lives on the line, and we simply watch it on CNN and BBC unaware than under all the political decisions that its this men with unphantomably courage that acttually pay for the peace of a nation with their life!!!
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by scarr: 4:19am On Aug 18, 2014
AkunneObinna:
MISPLACED PIORITY?! wow, man i think you are on the wrong path, what's harassment compared to death? could it be compared to giving your life for a whole NATION? This men dare to steer death in the eyes with retarded armors. They life span are shortened so ours can be longer. With all these islam, political, tribal extremism, and plain hatred for one another, this men go in and lay their lives on the line, and we simply watch it on CNN and BBC unaware than under all the political decisions that its this men with unphantomably courage that acttually pay for the peace of a nation with their life!!!
I totally understand what u saying and d poem is actually a nice write up but for d op to say people blowing up other people and properties( dese are d people that reduces d life span of soldiers) are better than people that don't appreciate poetry is d misplaced priority. like he is bother more about d number of people that view and like his work than d msg he is trying to pass across
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 18, 2014
scarr: I totally understand what u saying and d poem is actu smileyally a nice write up but for d op to say people blowing up other people and properties( dese are d people that reduces d life span of soldiers) are better than people that don't appreciate poetry is d misplaced priority. like he is bother more about d number of people that view and like his work than d msg he is trying to pass across

HEis just being passionate about his work... which to an "extent" is understandeble.... now i understant your point of view......its all good.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 7:03am On Aug 18, 2014
scarr:
@bolded so just because someone doesn't like poetry dat makes him a bad person? let ur work speak for u and stop d attention seeking.......ill rather stay with 100 non poetry lovers dan with one suicide bomber......plus ur poem won't stop a soldier from harassing you because u kicked a lil sand on his boots accidentally...#misplacedpriorities
one that do not fully love poetry or appreciate it. Has now made himself a judge of the provisions of a poetic mind. Sir like i stated in my article which probably brought you here. There re several instruments available to a poet, in the prosecution of a poem. They call them figure of speech. We have: hyperbole: this figure of speech appreciates exaggeration to drive an idea home. E.g the wine drunk at the party is enough to float a ship.( Doesn't mean any sailor is about to attempt such novel navigational feat. By floating a cruiser on a sea of wine.)
antonomasia: derived from the Greek word "onoma", when something or someone's office,reputation or fame is transferred to another in literature e.g wole soyinka is the African Shakespeare.
Okay what if we liken those that do not really appreciate poetry to suicide bombers as they both bring to an end a thing of beauty. Does that make them suicide bombers?
Ok something common. What if i say " i drank a glass of water" does that mean i just injested a glass cup holding water?
The beauty of poetry is in you being able to decode its true meaning.
The comment you quoted permit me to say. Is a victim of poetic reverie.
AkunneObinna:
HEis just being passionate about his work... which to an "extent" is understandeble.... now i understant your point of view......its all good.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by scarr: 9:32am On Aug 18, 2014
overhypedsteve: one that do not fully love poetry or appreciate it. Has now made himself a judge of the provisions of a poetic mind. Sir like i stated in my article which probably brought you here. There re several instruments available to a poet, in the prosecution of a poem. They call them figure of speech. We have: hyperbole: this figure of speech appreciates exaggeration to drive an idea home. E.g the wine drunk at the party is enough to float a ship.( Doesn't mean any sailor is about to attempt such novel navigational feat. By floating a cruiser on a sea of wine.)
antonomasia: derived from the Greek word "onoma", when something or someone's office,reputation or fame is transferred to another in literature e.g wole soyinka is the African Shakespeare.
Okay what if we liken those that do not really appreciate poetry to suicide bombers as they both bring to an end a thing of beauty. Does that make them suicide bombers?
Ok something common. What if i say " i drank a glass of water" does that mean i just injested a glass cup holding water?
The beauty of poetry is in you being able to decode its true meaning.
The comment you quoted permit me to say. Is a victim of poetic reverie.
well if it was intended to b an hyperbole den I understand, thanks for clearing d air..keep up d good work...

1 Like

Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2014
scarr:
well if it was intended to b an hyperbole den I understand, thanks for clearing d air..keep up d good work...
its all good
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 7:43am On Sep 08, 2014
I think with the situation of things at this time we need something like this on FP
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by noble4d(m): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2014
overhypedsteve: Avast oh! valiants
you were born in a dusty field,
you were weaned in a desert storm,
now be gone like the desert fox.

Avast! Oh valiants,
their gunnery is a thing for humour,
we re here and though earth tremor,
we will dig through the devils defence.

Avast oh! valiants,
sun worshipers of the Sahara,
death lives in the vast wasteland of sambisa,
there is fire in the air you breath.

Avast oh valiants
through the swamps,
through their evil camps.
Keep them falling in their ranks.

Avast oh valiants
there is a music din in hell,
hell's demons will fear your stories,
and make you sit by hades side.

Avast oh valiants
run straight through the devils ambush,
make your prints firm in the sand,
for tomorrow a son will follow.

Avast our valiants,
we're not done here,
every hero has his day,
so i wont encroach upon another's

Avast oh valiants,
amidst the rhythm of rattling guns,
amidst the cry of dying men,
you end the days of a bastard son,
and let the devil welcome home his lost prodigal.

Wow...dis is awesome. I'm so touched with da poem dat makes me cry.
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 10:21am On Sep 08, 2014
noble4d:

Wow...dis is awesome. I'm so touched with da poem dat makes me cry.
its painful the sacrifices our men make each day, despite the little this nation have done for them and their families
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by blessida: 10:55am On Sep 30, 2014
A WONDERFUL WORK OF POETRY
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by rossyV226(f): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
overhypedsteve: Avast oh! valiants
you were born in a dusty field,
you were weaned in a desert storm,
now be gone like the desert fox.

Avast! Oh valiants,
their gunnery is a thing for humour,
we re here and though earth tremor,
we will dig through the devils defence.

Avast oh! valiants,
sun worshipers of the Sahara,
death lives in the vast wasteland of sambisa,
there is fire in the air you breath.

Avast oh valiants
through the swamps,
through their evil camps.
Keep them falling in their ranks.

Avast oh valiants
there is a music din in hell,
hell's demons will fear your stories,
and make you sit by hades side.

Avast oh valiants
run straight through the devils ambush,
make your prints firm in the sand,
for tomorrow a son will follow.

Avast our valiants,
we're not done here,
every hero has his day,
so i wont encroach upon another's

Avast oh valiants,
amidst the rhythm of rattling guns,
amidst the cry of dying men,
you end the days of a bastard son,
and let the devil welcome home his lost prodigal.
nice post. Don't do poeems though
Re: AVAST!( A Poem For Our Brave Young Frontline Soldiers)- Overhypedsteve. by overhypedsteve(m): 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
rossyV226:
nice post. Don't do poeems though
the most important thing is that you got what it was talking about, thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

The elements : Knights and Warlords / He Who Talks To Swords - Anime Series S2 END / What Type Of Magazine Will You Like To Read- National Reading Culture Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.