Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... (1574 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? / Fine For Buying Fuel In Jerrycan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by bashexyz: 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
[center]
Summary[/center][/b]

Always check the fuel meter when buying petrol from start to finish.
Don't assume that cos the fuel pump is starting at 0.00 you cant be cheated. ( Niggas have improvised )

[center]
What Really Happened.
[/center][b]

My experience with petrol attendants.
I drive a Honda Accord 2007 which is 64 liters.
I never drive my car to the warning light.
Just in-case i dont have cash or ATM decides not to work.

FIRST EXPERIENCE ( TOTAL ONIPANU)
I wanted to buy full tank. Told the attendant FILL UP. After 10-15 seconds the attendant told me light went off showed me the pump it was showing N1000. The light went off at exactly 1000.00. Which i found so so hard to believe. Told her to keep selling. She sold another 5000. which makes a total of N6000. For a car of 64litre=6208 and the warning light was not on. Meaning i still have 5-10 liters.

The only time i ever bought fuel of 6000 was when i drove it from ipaja to yaba with the fuel light on. And it was 5950.

SECOND EXPERIENCE ( MOBIL OGBA )

I wanted to buy fuel of 2000. I told the attendant 2000 naira. He told me to look at the meter which i did. after 5 seconds he came to meet me he has sold 500. I told him its 2000 naira i wanted to. He sold an extra 1500.. The meter wasnt anywhere close to half tank. I knew i had dulled myself. So i prepared myself for another visit to the same station.

THIRD EXPERIENCE ( MOBIL OGBA )

I went there PREPARED for their scam. With the same fuel level i had in my second experience i told the attendant i wanted to buy N2000.
This time i was forming not paying attention. Someone bought fuel before me and left. The guy told me to look at the meter that its 0.00 which i confirmed. I turned back. And was looking thru the mirror. He punched in 500.00. Kept the nozzle at the tank of my car and wasnt pumping. The meter was just there. He was just there standing using his arm to cover the screen then when he noticed i was looking he said they wanted to change the light. There were 3 other cars buying fuel at that moment but it was only my pump attendant that has a special light. The pump was showing 500. He did all he's tricks and when he knew i was vigilant he said he will start again. He now started again from 0.0 and sold me 2000. This time my tank got to 2 mini level to the Half tank. Then i realized i was scammed at my second experience.

1 Like

Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nice tips. Me I don't take chances once I come down I warn the atendant "no try anything funny or els" I watch from begining to end then leave.

1 Like

Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
I just don't understand why we can't just pump our own gas.

I got had in Ibadan last week I think.
Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by Frankdamaxx(m): 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mobil Ogba and Mobil at the beginning of Oregun road off Obafemi Awolowo are scams.
Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by Exponental(m): 8:00am On Aug 17, 2014
I have stopped patronizing mobil a very long time if I av other options. They are crooks. On d otherhand. Watching d metre/ nozzle from beginning to d end is wat I do now.
Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by Fran6u: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
A very good post. Thanks.
Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by aolatunde00: 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
I think most mobil filling stations are guilty of this.Mobil Maryland,airport road,ire akari and osolo way have all tried the N500 trick with me.It was only the first time they succeeded,I have challenged them every other time and gotten my correct fill.
I go there only when I have to.

2 Likes

Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 18, 2014
There's this particular lady at conoil opposite LASUTH too. She's full of tricks. Collects money before she sells halfway and there's this button she taps that approximates the meter.
Mobil Oba Akran too.... Rogues!
Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by DelTel(m): 2:11am On Aug 18, 2014
I strongly believe all Mobil stations are manned by fraudulent personnels.
Mobil Gbagada & Oregun off Awolowo, comes to mind.
I've been scammed at both stations.
I try as much as possible to buy from only 2-3 stations now, esp Oando after Ogudu b4 Alapere turning, not minding the queue.

1 Like

Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by kennethik: 8:25am On Aug 18, 2014
I don't know why. Is always mobil, beware of mobil lawanson road,mobil at end off gbagada,first mobil at ibadan expressway before begger
Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by adanny01(m): 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
Mine was a simple one.

The guy started pumping the N5,000 i asked him to but when he said he need to reset because the pump had stalled. I knew he was up to something i looked at the meter, he had dispensed N110.

He reset and continued dispensing. I told my friend in the car that the attendant is up to somthing that i have been a victim before. He came out too ready for the show down.

The extra eyes on him got him uneasy. Not surprising he stopped dispensing at N3900. I asked him why he stopped, he said he was through since he dispensed N1100 before. I said 'hell no', it was N110. He asked 'are u sure? I said 'hell yea'. He wanted to argue but realised i was ready for him and knew the trick. He pretended to be confused but completed my fuel till N4,890.

1 Like

Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Lmao this is funny! I simply won't buy fuel at any Mobil again.
Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:06am On Aug 19, 2014
adanny01: Mine was a simple one.

The guy started pumping the N5,000 i asked him to but when he said he need to reset because the pump had stalled. I knew he was up to something i looked at the meter, he had dispensed N110.

He reset and continued dispensing. I told my friend in the car that the attendant is up to somthing that i have been a victim before. He came out too ready for the show down.

The extra eyes on him got him uneasy. Not surprising he stopped dispensing at N3900. I asked him why he stopped, he said he was through since he dispensed N1100 before. I said 'hell no', it was N110. He asked 'are u sure? I said 'hell yea'. He wanted to argue but realised i was ready for him and knew the trick. He pretended to be confused but completed my fuel till N4,890.

CLASSIC example of a typical pump fraud. I think we should be more cautious and pay more attention to attendants, even if it means temporary insanity.

1 Like

Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by cecegorz(m): 3:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
It's a big shame for Mobil brand that all these frauds are being perpetuated at their retail outlets.
Has anybody reported these issues to the station managers? Or are they the masterminds.

However, I can vouch for Mobil, Aguda. Those guys have one of the best meter integrity out of Lagos. My 25litre cans I fill at 2,800 there usually takes 3,000 to fill at all other stations
Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by babanne(m): 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
Good warning to us all.
Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
All these bastard Nigerian filling stations & rouge armed robber attendants & managers! Besides stealing money from car users, I wonder if they piss & take shits in their underground tanks? I use a C-240 & I've changed the fuel pump due to extreme fuel dirtiness 3 times in a period of 2 years!
Re: Car Users Please Note When Buying Fuel... by shoppyanno(m): 10:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
Mobil gas stations seem to be the major culprit in this show of shame.
Does Mobil Nigeria not have a FaceBook Page or Twiiter account where one can lodge complains?
If they do, the best bet is to lay complain on these social medium & I can assure you they'll buckle up cos of their Image.
I'm even scared to buy engine oil from Mobil gas stations cos of adulteration. besides the recommended egine oil for Mercedes Benz is Mobil1 0W-40. Guess I'll have to buy from AutoMedics.

(1) (Reply)

Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted / 10 Car Noises To Be Worried About / 2005 Vision Mack Truck For SALE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.