Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,962 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea (22076 Views)

2013 Xenophobia Video In South African / South-Korea & US Start Drills As Tensions With North-Korea Escalate / South Korea Gets First Female President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by binary123(m): 3:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
Eyop: That's why i will always love the Catholic church. I was born a Catholic and will die a Catholic wink
why?.because of the beautiful picture display here or what?; here in nigeria i know most evil and cultist people hide under the name ("i am a catholic"winkpls dont be proud of it. i rather be a pagan than be catholic. if you reality need salvation go to bible believing church and stop this (:I was born a Catholic and will die a Catholicsmiley rubishhhhhhhhhhhh.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
Scyllapatron: white women shaking the hand of pope, receiving holy communion directly from the pope without covering their hair ?? In Africa women are not even allowed inside the church without covering their hair, talk of mental slavery.

Actually, in my archdiocese people flaunt this regularly and I was impressed by how many korean women wear veils. Overall I'm deeply impressed with the Catholic church in Korea. I wish Nigeria's would become better than this.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by rossyc(f): 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
Long live the Catholic church, Long live the Pope. Am proud to be a catholic, anytime anyday. Haters get a life asap.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
I have one question.

Who is the Pope?

Is he the Father of Christians here on earth or the Father of the Italian Roman Catholic Church? Or the General Overseer of the Italian Roman Catholic Church? grin

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by neuljosh(m): 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
His visit wont change anything the guy is more of a politician. South Korea welcomes as much as they would have welcomed Bill Gate and other popular face around the world.
Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Sylvarresta(m): 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
Can u see humility in display,some of our own pastors here are busy with private jet...... Am not a catholic but I love this pope, I love catholic.

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by neuljosh(m): 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
binary123: why?.because of the beautiful picture display here or what?; here in nigeria i know most evil and cultist people hide under the name ("i am a catholic"winkpls dont be proud of it. i rather be a pagan than be catholic. if you reality need salvation go to bible believing church and stop this (:I was born a Catholic and will die a Catholicsmiley rubishhhhhhhhhhhh.

You said it all God Bless you !! Catholics with their stupid mentality of born catholic ignorant die catholic ignorant
Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
bbpreye: I have one question.

Who is the Pope?

Is he the Father of Christians here on earth or the Father of the Italian Roman Catholic Church? Or the General Overseer of the Italian Roman Catholic Church? grin

he is two things

1) the bishop of rome and leader of the worldwide catholic church which includes not only the roman catholic church but also the eastern catholic church as well as others.

2) the head of state of the vatican city

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
neuljosh: His visit wont change anything the guy is more of a politician. South Korea welcomes as much as they would have welcomed Bill Gate and other popular face around the world.

he went to beatify 124 korean martyrs of the estimated 10 000 who died for thier faith, not for a publicity stunt. In catholicism, it is believed that martyrs who are killed because they refuse to renouce Jesus on persecution are given the grace to go to heaven. read the last article i posted if you want to know more.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Eyop: 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
binary123: why?.because of the beautiful picture display here or what?; here in nigeria i know most evil and cultist people hide under the name ("i am a catholic"winkpls dont be proud of it. i rather be a pagan than be catholic. if you reality need salvation go to bible believing church and stop this (:I was born a Catholic and will die a Catholicsmiley rubishhhhhhhhhhhh.
And what do you understand by bible believing church? If evil and cultist people(since you claim you know i believe you've dine and wine with them) hide under the umbrella of a catholic church as you claim doesn't make all catholics the same. I believe you are also aware that most of the bible believing church pastors,bishop,reverend,etc as you've mentioned are also occultic? If being a Pagan is your choice,then stick to it rather than castigate the catholic church. Nonsense!!!

14 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Rufex07(m): 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
wow! God bless the papacy

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by DONMAYOR19(m): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
goat must u comment? if u don't know what to say, just keep quiet and stop ur mumu comment.....I was born a catholic, and will remain a catholic, and will die a catholic....so go and die.

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by malbruno: 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
God bless all christians, God bless the most Holy catholic and apostolic church. catholic till i die......

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
MOBJECTIVE:

he is two things

1) the bishop of rome and leader of the worldwide catholic church which includes not only the roman catholic church but also the eastern catholic church as well as others.

2) the head of state of the vatican city

I thought the eastern catholic church reject papal supremacy which together with the 'filioque' concept constitutes a point of discord till this day. Have they reconciled?

Btw. Nice thread buddy.
Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by smudge2079(m): 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
symbian03:

I am a Frustrated human being! I ve got nothing to say

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by malbruno: 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
DONMAYOR19: goat must u comment? if u don't know what to say, just keep quiet and stop ur mumu comment.....I was born a catholic, and will remain a catholic, and will die a catholic....so go and die.

Abuse no person...anyone who uses abusive word against catholic church is doing that out of ignorant. God is with the catholic church, he will continue to be with his church till the end of time, not even the gate of hell shall prevail against his church

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by uzolexis(f): 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2014

Pls what is bible believing church biko? I have been hearing this for a while and I don't get it. Are you saying the catholic church does not believe in the bible cause i'm Catholic and our teachings are from the bible,we believe in the bible.

11 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
Long live the papal.
Born a catholic!
Muslim till death!
Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
MOBJECTIVE:
For the next century Catholics in Korea faced terrible persecution. The Confucian authorities saw them as a dangerous challenge to the social order – officials in 1801 wrote that [size=18pt]if Catholics were not exterminated the land would “fall into ruin and become fit only for savages and wild animals”.[/size] In several waves of persecution more than 10,000 of Korea’s faithful were killed. The commitment shown in those early years is remarkable. An official record states: “Though it is normal for human beings to love life and fear death, when [Catholics] are brought to the execution ground they look on it as a comfortable place to lie down and take a rest.”

Over the following decades Catholics were pushed to the margins. They lived together in isolated villages and became potters, a trade at the bottom of the social hierarchy. Most of those killed were Korean, although in 1866 a handful of French priests were executed too.

[size=28pt]CHAI! CHAI! DIAR IS GODs Oooooo!

IF ONLY NIGERIA HAD EXTERMINATED CHRISTIANITY BEFORE , NIGERIA WOULD NOT HAVE "fallen into ruin and become fit only for savages and wild animals"

AFRICA! OH AFRICA!

I WEEP FOR YOU!

WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN AS ADVANCED AS SOUTH KOREA OR JAPAN TODAY IF ONLY WE HAD RECOGNIZED AND STEMMED THE THREAD OF FOREIGN RELIGION AT ITS ROOT.[/size] sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by slightlyMad(f): 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
see as dem dey worship ordinary human being wey dey use restroom like the rest of use.
Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by binary123(m): 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
DONMAYOR19: goat must u comment? if u don't know what to say, just keep quiet and stop ur mumu comment.....I was born a catholic, and will remain a catholic, and will die a catholic....so go and die.
who is this and were are you from? what did you say your name isDOM slowpoke?or what you call yourself. so you want to die for the wrong faith? so you have been brainwash just like the Islamic terrorist, so what were you promise as loyalty bonus,? mansion in heaven?oooo generational ignorance''
Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
[size=16pt]South Korea is in a situation where , they are tired of peace,indigenous spirituality and progress . Now they want some religious conflict and wahala in dia lives. so thats why they are welcoming catholicism into their country, after previously persecuting it.

Unfortunately , Nigeria has not yet reached that stage. We are in shyt and we want more shyt.
[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
neuljosh: His visit wont change anything the guy is more of a politician. South Korea welcomes as much as they would have welcomed Bill Gate and other popular face around the world.

Bill gates will not even get up to 1% of the crowd and attention than him.Not even obama would pull that kind of crowd!!! Ntorrrr!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by suwailad(f): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
PAGAN9JA: [size=16pt]South Korea is in a situation where , they are tired of peace,indigenous spirituality and progress . Now they want some religious conflict and wahala in dia lives. so thats why they are welcoming catholicism into their country, after previously persecuting it.

Unfortunately , Nigeria has not yet reached that stage. We are in shyt and we want more shyt.
[/size]

Brother, the truth is you dont really make that much of a sense anymore.

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
Jona you see your life...
Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
Joannes347:

I thought the eastern catholic church reject papal supremacy which together with the 'filioque' concept constitutes a point of discord till this day. Have they reconciled?

Btw. Nice thread buddy.

Eastern catholic church refers to the section of the eastern orthodox church which returned to the mother church.They still use the eastern rite of worship but are under the authourity of the bishop of Rome (Pope)

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Kamsified: 4:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
chukwudi44:

Bill gates will not even get up to 1% of the crowd and attention than him.Not even obama would pull that kind of crowd!!! Ntorrrr!!!!
Very True

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by gratiaeo(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
God bless d pope

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Youngzedd(m): 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Oboy! See beautiful city.

When are we going to upgrade.

There is hope.
Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
binary123: who is this and were are you from? what did you say your name isDOM slowpoke?or what you call yourself. so you want to die for the wrong faith? so you have been brainwash just like the Islamic terrorist, so what were you promise as loyalty bonus,? mansion in heaven?oooo generational ignorance''
what did you mean by wrong faith ? Elaborate please
Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
I saw Pope, Altar Servers, Bishops, Reverend Sisters and the clergy.

I saw people - South Koreans in their numbers.

I saw high streets, high rise buildings, infrastructures (roads etc).

I saw SAMSUNG products everywhere you go.

I saw KIA SOUL car with alloy wheel.

Jona you see your life.............

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
i love the communal ways of catholics.We are our brothers keepers.I love that beautiful greetings amongst them whenever they find themselves,"All to jesus through mary our mother".I will die a catholic.cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 U.S Soldiers Die In Helicopter Crash During Training / Japan Reopens Beaches Hit By 2011 Nuclear, Tsunami Disaster(photos) / Robert Mugabe Is Sick, Flown To Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.