Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,760 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? (799 Views)

How Can A Business Man Calculate His Tithe / Should He Pay His Tithe To His Parents? / Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 17, 2014
Sorry for bringing a topic such like this too early this sunday morning.This question has been disturbing me for so long now and I've been unable to find an answer to it.

As a gambler,since I've been winning from 9jabet,surebet and merrybet,I have never paid my tithes even when my parent happened to tell me to do pay my tithe 'cos it's an income but I never hidded to their instruction.

Now,it's been over 2 months I won last now since I won over 100k.I began to wonder why I haven't win despite the new logics I use each day.

My spirit now reminded me about the tithe,I discussed it with my elder sister and she said I should've paid my tithe likewise.
I prayed in my heart that God should forgive me,show mercy on me so I can win now especially as the season has started.

Looking into the bible,can one find any scriptural backing of a gambler who paid his tithe?If so,can men of God in the house cite the scriptural verses here?

Your comments are highly appreciated,thanks.
Re: Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? by datguru: 2:04am On Aug 17, 2014
Hmmm I dunno. Ooo
Re: Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? by johndafff(m): 2:33am On Aug 17, 2014
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? by Opiosko: 2:58am On Aug 17, 2014
So if na tif u dey tif nd u no see anytin to tif for one month na him go mean say na bcus u neva pay tithe for ur tifing biz? Anyway, just pm to give u an acct u can pay into so u could be winning 200k every week

1 Like

Re: Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? by Nobody: 4:35am On Aug 17, 2014
Opiosko: So if na tif u dey tif nd u no see anytin to tif for one month na him go mean say na bcus u neva pay tithe for ur tifing biz? Anyway, just pm to give u an acct u can pay into so u could be winning 200k every week

This isn't stealing am talking abt but betting(gambling) and I think there's no correlation btw stealing and gambling and hence shouldn't be compared as far as tithing is concerned.
Re: Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? by iamSi(m): 7:10am On Aug 17, 2014
I am very sure your pastor will never complain so why the worry ... Tithe or no Tithe itself has been nullified as the bible states it "You could just do from your initiative wilfully its not really an obligation you must do to enter into the kingdom of God" Read Your Bible, do research you should know by now Tithe is not mandatory. You know the story about Ananias and Saphira in the Bible? Even if you have 20 million monthly gain God doesn't care if you drop 10 Naira or 1 Million... Even when you drop all the 20M so far its not coming from your heart its a waste not acceptable to God.
Re: Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2014
Am yet to see comments from the pastors in the house or are they trying to boycout this?
Re: Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 11:53am On Aug 17, 2014
As a christian you are not meant to tithe of your income in the first instance. What is expected of you is freewill voluntary givings and you determine how much you want to give yourself. The tithe doctrine has been done away with the Law and is not applicable to christians.

Tithing preached in churches today is derived from twisting the meaning of biblical tithe and fraudulently mis applying it to the church.
Re: Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
It is not whether you should tithe or not tithe that should bother you, OP. What should bother you is what kind of Christianity is it that you practice that allows you to make gambling a source of livelihood.

For me, its pure irresponsibility.

Find a good job, do it and earn legitimate cash. Then worry about tithing then.

BTW, no one earning a legitimate income should tithe a dime on it.

But OP what you need to hear is that you get a job. Then you can decide what to do after that.
Re: Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
DrummaBoy: It is not whether you should tithe or not tithe that should bother you, OP. What should bother you is what kind of Christianity is it that you practice that allows you to make gambling a source of livelihood.

For me, its pure irresponsibility.

Find a good job, do it and earn legitimate cash. Then worry about tithing then.

BTW, no one earning a legitimate income should tithe a dime on it.

But OP what you need to hear is that you get a job. Then you can decide what to do after that.

You mean anyone who gambles is irresponsible?After all,there are people who bought cars,building houses with the proceeds from betting which I've seen and known.

My brother,any way is a way provided u didn't steal 2 get ur money or defraud some1.
Re: Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? by brocab: 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
Tithing is a meaning of a percentage. Some give monies, believing it's there way to love the lord, others tithe giving only a pecentage to study the word of the lord. Jesus had argue'd with the priesthood back then, not because they paid tithes, but their hearts were far from loving God. And today, how far are you from the lord, are we only given him only that small percentage, all do we give all we have. Money can't buy love, but reading the word daily and seeking the lord, CAN..
ebenezer4o2:

You mean anyone who gambles is irresponsible?After all,there are people who bought cars,building houses with the proceeds from betting which I've seen and known.

My brother,any way is a way provided u didn't steal 2 get ur money or defraud some1.
Re: Opinion:Should A Gambler Pay His Tithe? by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 18, 2014
brocab: Tithing is a meaning of a percentage. Some give monies, believing it's there way to love the lord, others tithe giving only a pecentage to study the word of the lord. Jesus had argue'd with the priesthood back then, not because they paid tithes, but their hearts were far from loving God. And today, how far are you from the lord, are we only given him only that small percentage, all do we give all we have. Money can't buy love, but reading the word daily and seeking the lord, CAN..

I love ur contribution bro,really appreciate it.

(1) (Reply)

GRACE REVIVALS - ACTS 13 Scenario / Nigerian Churches And Their Madness 3: Winners Chapel By Imoh David / When Properties Aquired With Tithe/offerings Are Shared To Couples By Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.