Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Should Churches And Mosques Be Paying Tax? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Churches And Mosques Be Paying Tax? (367 Views)

Should Churches And Mosque Be Made To Pay Tax To Boost Nigeria's Economy? / Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader / Should We Tithe Before Or After Paying Tax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Churches And Mosques Be Paying Tax? by argon500: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2014
If someone should consider the amount been generated from churches and mosques nowdays, it is a huge amount of money. Some have even turn it to a business center. My opinion is that churches/mosques that doesn't run an orphange should be taxed!! Gbam
Re: Should Churches And Mosques Be Paying Tax? by AtheistD(m): 10:09am On Aug 17, 2014
No. But they should be 100% non profit. All their investments should be non profit investments. They should also set a limit on expenses, salaries, only 20% reinvested, 50% on charitable causes, 20% reinvested into the local branch. 10% salaries.

Or something along those lines.
Re: Should Churches And Mosques Be Paying Tax? by Ojisik(m): 10:52am On Aug 17, 2014
What a timely post,i had this argument this morning with a friend,YES!!! they should pay taxes because i feel that they sometimes use the church as a smokescreen for other businesses and as such they don't pay tax for those businesses,e.g: schools,bookshops,charity. They should also be made to get parking spaces for their members instead of blocking our roads every sunday morning...God is a God of order and parking on the road is a form.of disorderliness.
Re: Should Churches And Mosques Be Paying Tax? by argon500: 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
I totally support that.. Some of the churches are avenue for money making and no matter what, no economy crisis in church

Ojisik: What a timely post,i had this argument this morning with a friend,YES!!! they should pay taxes because i feel that they sometimes use the church as a smokescreen for other businesses and as such they don't pay tax for those businesses,e.g: schools,bookshops,charity. They should also be made to get parking spaces for their members instead of blocking our roads every sunday morning...God is a God of order and parking on the road is a form.of disorderliness.

(1) (Reply)

Earn 5% For Printing For Your Church / Spiritual Digest For The Day 5th Of September 2014 / Read And Try Nitro Shred

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.