Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,351 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader (27507 Views)

My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / Powerful Herbalist And Ogboni Cult Ruler Gives His Life To Christ. / Questions To Members Of The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by TheRealMrStan(m): 9:37am On Dec 14, 2014
A seasoned administrator and chartered accountant, Francis Oluwagbenro Meshioye, the Olori Oluwo (Supreme Leader) of the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity has said being a member does not stop members from practising religions of their choice.

In an interview with the Nigerian Tribune, he explained the fraternity takes its roots from Nigerian culture.

On the negative perception of the group and what attracted him, Meshioye said: “I wanted to understand my culture, to know why I am here. Why was I not born in India as a Hindu or in China to embrace their culture and religion? This made me to begin to look within myself to know who I am and I extended this to what I have within my area. I am a firm believer in the Yoruba saying, ‘Animo ni peregun laso’ meaning you add to whatever you have.

Affirming that one was free to engage in religous activities, he stated that: “Ogbonism does not prevent you from doing whatever you want to do. It is about understanding our culture which guides in living a better life and improving the society. These were the things that prompted me to go into our culture. I wasn’t particular about Ogboni but it satisfied my urge of knowing what we have in our culture to assist in living a better life, a respectable life. I love to be respected and I love to respect people and I like to be a noble character.

“I had the same line of thought about Ogboni as the public before I joined. When I was contemplating joining, I had nobody to direct me because you don’t see them easily but I had heard about them; so I said if they are bad I will leave. I later found somebody who introduced me to a member and during the period before induction, they were observing me but I was also observing them. They love each other and are respectable people; so I got interested and got glued to it. I found out that it is excellent and what I had been looking for.”

Although Archdeacon T.A J. Ogunbiyi started the fraternity on December 18, 1914 and named it Ogboni Onigbagbo, Meshioye, in the interview, explained the name change to Reformed Ogboni Fraternity.

“At that time, there were only few Christian members in the fold but soon after its inauguration, they realised it’s not meant for Christians alone. It’s a cultural heritage and you can’t restrict heritage to religion. In Yoruba culture, we have Christians, Muslims and other faiths. That was why it was changed to Reformed Ogboni Fraternity to accommodate people of different religious leanings, race and political affiliation. It is incorporated and recognised under Nigerian law.

“Our past leaders include Sir Adeyemo Alakija, who was the first Olori Oluwo and he was followed by Sir Adetokunbo Ademola. We have had members including Chief Oladeinde Lawson, the late Archbishop Vining, Reverend David Mellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe, the Sardauna, Ahmadu Bello, and Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola amongst others.”

On the difference between Aboriginal and Reformed Ogboni, the Leader explained that there are in fact three types of Ogboni.

“There is Ogboni Ilu, the governing council of a town. In Yorubaland, the governing system in any reputable town is Ogboni Osugbo. So, we have Ogboni Ilu, Ogboni Aboriginal and the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. However, the major difference between Reformed Ogboni Fraternity and the others is that it focuses on the core principles and tenets of Ogbonism without tilting to the right or left.”

On the forthcoming centenary centenary celebration of the fraternity on December 18, Meshioye said he hopes people will have a proper understanding of what Ogboni is from the perception of the ROF.
http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/14/ogboni-leader-says-members-attend-churches-mosques-lists-founding-members/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by TDstarr: 9:38am On Dec 14, 2014
I wan join wey d form??

9 Likes

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by Abbey2sam(m): 9:38am On Dec 14, 2014
I thought ogboni members are wizards, atleast that what I was told.....now they are even coming out of the closet

very soon bokoharam leader will soon grant punch news paper an interview

12 Likes

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 14, 2014
Lucifer even seats in front of the church & donates financially to the growth of the church.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by gneisss: 9:39am On Dec 14, 2014
its not new na..even the devil himself practically lives in church

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by holatin(m): 9:39am On Dec 14, 2014
yes now.

People need to cover their step now.

But what they don't know is dat, Death expose the most hidden secret.

2 Likes

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by Vivipop(f): 9:39am On Dec 14, 2014
It's no news. Happy sunday Nairalanders smiley
Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 14, 2014
G

5 Likes

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by mistabiola: 9:39am On Dec 14, 2014
It is not a new thing
Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by godofwar666(m): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2014
The brotherhood of Man, The Fatherhood of God.... Make a good man to be a better man in life

4 Likes

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by lalaboi(m): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2014
You find all sorts in churches and mosques anyway. . Its a perfect disguise for what a lot of people are.

3 Likes

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by chibwike(m): 9:41am On Dec 14, 2014
its true...God is just so merciful

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by PerfumeRepublik: 9:41am On Dec 14, 2014
gneisss:
its not new na..even the devil himself practically lives in church
grin
Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by samx4real(m): 9:42am On Dec 14, 2014
Of course the house of God is for every soul...

3 Likes

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by orbis(m): 9:42am On Dec 14, 2014
Satan has been deceiving the world since time immemorial. If it's not panadol, e no fit be like panadol.

8 Likes

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by holatin(m): 9:42am On Dec 14, 2014
sauceny:
You must become a member,before you can govern lagos state.
Really ?? Pls tell me more.

Nonsensical performance of dembelum and qualicuos stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by kingslayer(m): 9:43am On Dec 14, 2014
Even the devil goes to church,let alone his followers..dem dey go source for members and cause distraction for church & they are also the major donors in the church especially in Catholic

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by tmcleo2k2(m): 9:43am On Dec 14, 2014
Na waoh. See roll call...
Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by kossyablaze(m): 9:43am On Dec 14, 2014
If you participated in Shiloh, or the Redeemed program and you
are still supporting GMB as the right person to rule this country, I
am beginning to doubt your Christianity....Obviously God didn't
speak to you...

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by gneisss: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2014
Vivipop:
It's no news. Happy sunday Nairalanders smiley
Happy Sunday to u too...Hope ur going to church?
Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by Kolade354(m): 9:44am On Dec 14, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/14/ogboni-leader-says-members-attend-churches-mosques-lists-founding-members/

mtcheeew i have known of this since i was 13 yearz old....how did this trashy tin make front page.......the moderators are fools

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by okeke00(m): 9:44am On Dec 14, 2014
wait for the religous zealots(christians), they will soon condem you to enternal hell fire

2 Likes

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by Chiefpriest1(m): 9:44am On Dec 14, 2014
Only God knows his true worshippers. He cannot prevent anybody from coming to His household.

The sheep will soon be separated from the goats and each of them shall soon realize their folly.

You can deceive yourself and your fellow man, but you can never deceive God.

11 Likes

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 14, 2014
hensben:
hmm! ok
habeeblai244:
Lol.....
Seeinq things
Bennyberry:
B4 nko
ekochris:
and so?
tmcleo2k2:
Na waoh. See roll call...
Just woke up
I C UNA grin
#mycharitycomment cheesy
Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by adrainuche(m): 9:45am On Dec 14, 2014
What is Ogboni we the student of AgeNeBode Primary and Secondary Community college avent heard of such!!!

Signed Mr Tolu Ope Maduka
France Branch

3 Likes

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by ekochris(m): 9:45am On Dec 14, 2014
and so?
Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by condralbede(m): 9:45am On Dec 14, 2014
we knw nah,nah dem get front sit sef.
Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by brainzdh(m): 9:46am On Dec 14, 2014
Na them they occupy front row wearing those big eyeglasses. Lolz
Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 14, 2014
Number 2 grin
MODIFIED
E never reach 1 page but e don hit fp jackpot but my thread wey reach three page dey backpage oo angry angry angry
Like if you think this is injustice.
INJUSTICE; GODS MODS among us angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader by Bennyberry(m): 9:46am On Dec 14, 2014
Not bad..after all jesus came for the gentiles 'sinners' and not the self acclaimed righteous people...only religious bigot would be offended by dis confession..

Hate the sin but not the sinner

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pope Francis Will Consecrate Russia And Ukraine To Our Lady Today. / Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings / Christians, Stay Away From The Planned Protests & Pray For Nigeria - Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.