Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Is Gambling A Sin In Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Gambling A Sin In Christianity? (1117 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Gambling On Football A Sin / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Gambling A Sin In Christianity? by wildchild1: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2014
Ok,i didn't go to church today cos i woke up late.As i wasj ust relaxing in the sitting room drink my ogi and akara prepared by cousinAAunt Odun,i couldnt help but hear this topic about gambling, raffle draw et al being a sin from this church adjacent my house.
Na so one sister stand up oo,pastor please i want you to answer this question truthfully, do you want to tell us you've never played visa lottery before? At that point i couldn't help myself but burst into laughter and thats when i heard my mum and my sis too laughing in their different rooms.And the pastor answered and i quote "Visa lottery is not a sin and its not gambling "
So i decided to bring it here at the table of men: d, is gambling truely a sin and is visa lottery really different from gambling?

Ps: i just heard them talk about Baba Ijebu too lools
Re: Is Gambling A Sin In Christianity? by ddooskie(m): 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
Personaly, i don't believe it's a sin but this is the response i got from a 'spirikoko' brother-verbatim:

Why Must a Christian avoid becoming involved in any form of gambling?
Isaiah 65:11 says, "You men are those leaving Jehovah, those forgetting my holy mountain, those setting in order a table for the god of "GOOD LUCK" ... And the god of "DESTINY"

Read 1 Cor. 6:9.10 ... Maybe it's time you should think about Hmmm Naira-something and Baba something ... #ReadYourBibleDaily ... #PrayEveryDay ... Not only when you are in trouble. I don't think God listens to that kind of Prayer.
I am also guilty ... Let's do this Bros/Sis. Plus don't forget ... We gotta make some money abi no be so? But its gotta be LEGIT #winks
Re: Is Gambling A Sin In Christianity? by wildchild1: 3:52am On Aug 18, 2014
hmmmmmmmmmmmm,keep the views coming

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Turns 60!! Read This Very Interesting Interview / Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? / Great Revelation "Jesus Is Coming On 1st Januray 2017" Are Prepared?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.