Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,546 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? (1119 Views)

"Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo / Tongue Of Fire Restoration Ministry Pastor In Sex Scandal (photos) / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? by ChristisGod: 7:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
Some preachers say based on the acts of the apostles, it is a must

Others say you dont need to burst out in tongues.

what do you think?
Re: Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? by ammyluv2002(f): 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
Speaking in tongues is one of the gifts of the Holy spirit, i don't think if it's a must for everyone except those who desire it

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? by ammyluv2002(f): 7:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
Speaking in tongues is a gift, i don't think it's a must for everyone except those who desire it tho some scholars believe it's truly a sign that one has received the Holy spirit

Cc Sanchez01 grin
Re: Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? by Idrismusty97(m): 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
It is a must. You just need to fumble like a mad man, roll on the floor, smash things to please god. He enjoys it... God can't afford clowns for now so he need his"Children" to take the job.
Re: Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
One of those Pentecostal abracadabra. Salvation is by grace through faith in Lord Jesus. As you move from the state of a babe into a higher class, your strength in spirit will improve. This twisting and culturalization of religion has made a lot move out of the religion, people who have been written for destruction from old, just like the papacy. May God bless us all. Try reading the book of Romans.
Re: Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
Re: Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? by johnw74: 2:38am On Apr 02, 2015
Many moons ago i visited a pentecostal church to see what they were about, their speaking in tongues sounded like mumbo jumbo.
On about my secong visit, the pastor invited people who needed healing to go forward.
One man who looked normal complained of pain in the leg and the pastor said your problem is that one leg is longer than the other, so he sat him down and said holy spirit make this leg as long as the other, and then he said no stop Lord you have gone to far (apparently God didn't know when to stop). The pastor said back up lord, that's it stop. And the person stood up bouncing around, he was healed, (yeah sure).
Another man among the people that came forward, really had one leg shorter than the other, he was wearing a boot with a built up sole. The pastor avoided him and dealt with the others. When this man was the only one left, He didn't sit him down and ask god to make his leg the same length as the other, he just said that the man didn't have the faith to be healed and prayed over him.
Of course I didn't go back there again, just like I don't invite jw's into my home anymore, just like I don't go to rc mass etc.
Study the Bible for yourself, and there are plenty of good Christians that you can find to study with. Some of the Churches may be good also, look around.
Re: Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? by Sanchez01: 6:47am On Apr 02, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Speaking in tongues is a gift, i don't think it's a must for everyone except those who desire it tho some scholars believe it's truly a sign that one has received the Holy spirit

Cc Sanchez01 grin
gringringrin
I'm sorry for responding very late, I was hardly online yesterdaysad.

Dearie, you're very right. Speaking in other tongues is just as one of the other gifts. Unfortunately, most Christians have come to believe that it is a must for one to exhibit this gift as a sign of being baptized in the Holy Ghost. Of course, their yard stick is Acts 2:2-4.

Surprisingly, the best gift to covet is the gift of prophecy! I Cor 14:1 says 'Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the GIFTS OF PROPHECY.'

With this in mind, Apostle Paul listed the 9 Gifts in I Cor 12:7-10. There was no mention that one is greater than the other but the yardstick of Acts has piled pressure on believers to 'learn' the act of speaking in tongues.

That one does not speak in tongues does not mean one does not possess other gifts. And if people still go on with the excuse that this exact gift is the mark of the baptism of the Holy Spirit then they're wrong. The true mark of the Holy Spirit are described in Gal 5:22-23 'But the FRUIT of the Spirit is LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS and SELF CONTROL.' As a Christian (Tree), one is not yet baptized in the Holy Ghost if these FRUITS are missing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? by ammyluv2002(f): 6:50am On Apr 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

gringringrin
I'm sorry for responding very late, I was hardly online yesterdaysad.

Dearie, you're very right. Speaking in other tongues is just as one of the other gifts. Unfortunately, most Christians have come to believe that it is a must for one to exhibit this gift as a sign of being baptized in the Holy Ghost. Of course, their yard stick is Acts 2:2-4.

Surprisingly, the best gift to covet is the gift of prophecy! I Cor 14:1 says 'Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the GIFTS OF PROPHECY.'

With this in mind, Apostle Paul listed the 9 Gifts in I Cor 12:7-10. There was no mention that one is greater than the other but the yardstick of Acts has piled pressure on believers to 'learn' the act of speaking in tongues.

That one does not speak in tongues does not mean one does not possess other gifts. And if people still go on with the excuse that this exact gift is the mark of the baptism of the Holy Spirit then they're wrong. The true mark of the Holy Spirit are described in Gal 5:22-23 'But the FRUIT of the Spirit is LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS and SELF CONTROL.' As a Christian (Tree), one is not yet baptized in the Holy Ghost if these FRUITS are missing.
Well said....I know you won't disappoint moi. Thanks! cool

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Speak In Tongue If You Receive The Holy Ghost At First?? by Sanchez01: 6:56am On Apr 02, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Well said....I know you won't disappoint moi. Thanks! cool
You're welcome, Deariegringringrin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can A Christian Be A BOXER? / Why Do Some People Fake Falling Under The Annoiting? / Where Can I Get Original Seed Of Baraka (black Seed) And Cubeb Seed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.