Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Who Lured Satan To Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Lured Satan To Sin? (1166 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Lured Satan To Sin? by Bvsteph: 10:51am On Aug 17, 2014
I have always had issues with Faith. It's hard for me to just believe what i cannot see or feel, it's much easier to recoil into doubt and fear. But then the unseen is much more real than what we see, that brings us to the topic. Hebrews 11:6 says," But without faith it is impossible to please Him..." And one of the ways we can please God is by giving our all to him, which means salvation, the question now is, do you have faith because you are saved or are saved because you have faith?

Let's break it down,

1. Is faith inherent in every human being? or Does God give us the faith to believe in Him? Romans 12:3 says:"...I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned." So would it be safe to say God assigns a measure of faith to everyone? If that is the case, why are unbelievers at fault if they don't have faith?

2. Do you get faith to be saved? or you get faith because you are saved? Is salvation created by faith or is faith created by salvation?

3. This particular question is kinda out of context. Satan was created pure, before satan there was no satan...if you understand what i mean. Satan is the enemy, the deceiver, the one that lures everyone to sin.....Who lured satan to sin? How did satan become evil?

Really looking forward to reading your thoughts. Thanks
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by myads890(m): 10:56am On Aug 17, 2014
Nice questions. I'm hoping someone can come up with a reasonable explanation
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by TellBlazer(m): 11:52am On Aug 17, 2014
Am not among those dumb fools who say that they is no God,after seeing the wonders of nature and functions of different human body parts stil believe it all started with just a bang.But some times,some questions need to be asked.Were did sin orginate frm b4 it was found in satan?why did God allow sin to be some were luking around?kudos to op.
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by uzoexcel(m): 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
INTERESTING QUESTIONS OP

me i got no answer..v mmy own questions which i also asked here
https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each

2 Likes

Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by uzoexcel(m): 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
they are not foools...dnt criticise someone who doesnt see eye to eye with u
TellBlazer: Am not among those dumb fools who say that they is no God,after seeing the wonders of nature and functions of different human body parts stil believe it all started with just a bang.But some times,some questions need to be asked.Were did sin orginate frm b4 it was found in satan?why did God allow sin to be some were luking around?kudos to op.

4 Likes

Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by sheguy(m): 12:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
Its well in this country Nigeria.
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by TellBlazer(m): 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
uzoexcel: they are not foools...dnt criticise someone who doesnt see eye to eye with u
If you are among the pple that believe the world with all the animals,tress,Rock,fire,rain,air etc just started from a bang of what I don't know then you are a fool....not said by me but by the Bible in the book of spalms so direct your anger there.Secondly have you consided how the brain works?go and research about the functions of the brain n come back and tale me it all started with a bang.
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by Liveair: 2:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
TellBlazer: Am not among those dumb fools who say that they is no God,after seeing the wonders of nature and functions of different human body parts stil believe it all started with just a bang.But some times,some questions need to be asked.Were did sin orginate frm b4 it was found in satan?why did God allow sin to be some were luking around?kudos to op.
See how you throw caution to the wind just because of your belief, calling those who don't believe "f**ls". How are you better than a fundamentalist?
Now, what wonders? You mean like earthquakes, volcanoes or tsunanis or disease pathogens everywhere?
Problem i have with some folks is their aversion for research and knowledge.
You heard about the Big bang Theory, without even researching into what it proposes yet you just conclude that your belief is the truth.
Anyway, op, this your question just summerizes the point that the concept of God is Man-made.

3 Likes

Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by uzoexcel(m): 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
Do not call someone a fool

(Matthew 5:22)--"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."

TellBlazer: If you are among the pple that believe the world with all the animals,tress,Rock,fire,rain,air etc just started from a bang of what I don't know then you are a fool....not said by me but by the Bible in the book of spalms so direct your anger there.Secondly have you consided how the brain works?go and research about the functions of the brain n come back and tale me it all started with a bang.

3 Likes

Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by AtheistD(m): 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
TellBlazer: If you are among the pple that believe the world with all the animals,tress,Rock,fire,rain,air etc just started from a bang of what I don't know then you are a fool....not said by me but by the Bible in the book of spalms so direct your anger there.Secondly have you consided how the brain works?go and research about the functions of the brain n come back and tale me it all started with a bang.

Interesting. These "fools" have unlocked the secrets to the universe through unbiased thinking and unhindered thought processes. There are fools who believe in God. So being a "fool" is not related to belief in a deity.

3 Likes

Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by TellBlazer(m): 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
AtheistD:

Interesting. These "fools" have unlocked the secrets to the universe through unbiased thinking and unhindered thought processes. There are fools who believe in God. So being a "fool" is not related to belief in a deity.
You are confusing yourself,can you tell me one of the secrets to the universe "the fools" through unbiased thinking and unhindered thought process have unlocked...just one.If you can't pls don't quote again bye.
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by TellBlazer(m): 3:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
uzoexcel: Do not call someone a fool

(Matthew 5:22)--"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."

@Uzoexcel :Psalms 14,1 The FOOL has said in his heart,there is no God.They are corrupt,they have done abominable works,there is one that does good. Don't be among them that deny the existence of God
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by TellBlazer(m): 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
Liveair:
See how you throw caution to the wind just because of your belief, calling those who don't believe "f**ls". How are you better than a fundamentalist?
Now, what wonders? You mean like earthquakes, volcanoes or tsunanis or disease pathogens everywhere?
You heard about the Big bang Theory, without even researching into what it proposes yet you just conclude that your belief is the truth.
Anyway, op, this your question just summerizes the point that the concept of God is Man-made.
No the wonders of nature I meant are wind,rivers,fire, D sky,even humanbeings also those one you mentioned.But I want to let you know that the Bible which I belive in called them fools Spalms 14,1.The big bang Theory proposes that the world start from a bang of two objects,if there is any other,I don't know. So if you believe you created yourself,you are a complete slowpoke and a pray to all does misfortune like volcano etc you quoted.
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by uzoexcel(m): 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
i jst cautioned u on ur language..i ddnt say there was no God...is it too much for u to take correction?or u above that too?
TellBlazer: @Uzoexcel :Psalms 14,1 The FOOL has said in his heart,there is no God.They are corrupt,they have done abominable works,there is one that does good. Don't be among them that deny the existence of God
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by AtheistD(m): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
TellBlazer: You are confusing yourself,can you tell me one of the secrets to the universe "the fools" through unbiased thinking and unhindered thought process have unlocked...just one.If you can't pls don't quote again bye.

You know more than I do I guess wink. Everythig we know today about the modern universe has come off the back of intelligent research, unbiased theoretical analysis, disclosure, critique, constant updates of knowledge based on new research and evidence. Who is responsible for this, all scientists/engineers who actively involved in their field of interest through active research, development of new technology and the application of such technology.

So this would lead to:

Understanding our universe, shape, size, age, constituents (planets, galaxies etc).
Understanding our planet through natural observation, geological, geophysical and other such observations as well as chemical asciences.
Understanding life through the different life sciences, anthropology, zoology and archeology.
Understanding our history, civilizations and the development of man through history and to some extentarcheology.
Understanding mans nature and our relation to society through sociology and psychology.

These processes are what will develop and improve our lives, society and find solutions to our problems. The adherents and contributors to these processes are not fools regardless of belief in a deity or not.

Or what do you reckon cheesy
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by Bvsteph: 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
Man-made? For real??
Liveair:
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by Bvsteph: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
*sigh* U guys still didn't answer the question embarassed Was really hoping someone would help me out.....pls
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by Liveair: 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
TellBlazer: No the wonders of nature I meant are wind,rivers,fire, D sky,even humanbeings also those one you mentioned.But I want to let you know that the Bible which I belive in called them fools Spalms 14,1.The big bang Theory proposes that the world start from a bang of two objects,if there is any other,I don't know. So if you believe you created yourself,you are a complete slowpoke and a pray to all does misfortune like volcano etc you quoted.
You see why you need to be reading wide!
Fire, River, Volcano et al are surplus in other uninhabitable planets of space. There is nothing beautiful or special about them, its all about perception.
You are going to hell for calling someone a fool! Read your bible; Matt 5:22.
Again, see your understanding of the Big Bang Theory! Please Read more often. STOP listening to people that listen to other people without reading for themselves.
As far as i can think, its even xtians and religious believers that mostly fall victim to disasters. Do you know how many xtians wait on their God for help that never comes. How many have died in the presence of their God in churches by Boko haram?
Please Big Bang Theory doesn't say life started with a bang by two objects.
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by Liveair: 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
Bvsteph: *sigh* U guys still didn't answer the question embarassed Was really hoping someone would help me out.....pls
I have told you what answer there is.
Since you have made up your mind to believe your bible, ignoring all its flaws, you will never get an answer.

1 Like

Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by TellBlazer(m): 9:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
Liveair:
You see why you need to be reading wide!
Fire, River, Volcano et al are surplus in other uninhabitable planets of space. There is nothing beautiful or special about them, its all about perception.
You are going to hell for calling someone a fool! Read your bible; Matt 5:22.
Again, see your understanding of the Big Bang Theory! Please Read more often. STOP listening to people that listen to other people without reading for themselves.
As far as i can think, its even xtians and religious believers that mostly fall victim to disasters. Do you know how many xtians wait on their God for help that never comes. How many have died in the presence of their God in churches by Boko haram?
Please Big Bang Theory doesn't say life started with a bang by two objects.
You will make a vary terrible teacher!" The big bang theory did not say life started with a bang of two objects"then what did it say?? Mind you I never called nobody a fool Spalms 14,1 did so direct ur anger there.pls don't quote me again cos you hv lost it bye.
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by Sylvekzee(m): 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
AtheistD:

You know more than I do I guess wink. Everythig we know today about the modern universe has come off the back of intelligent research, unbiased theoretical analysis, disclosure, critique, constant updates of knowledge based on new research and evidence. Who is responsible for this, all scientists/engineers who actively involved in their field of interest through active research, development of new technology and the application of such technology.

So this would lead to:

Understanding our universe, shape, size, age, constituents (planets, galaxies etc).
Understanding our planet through natural observation, geological, geophysical and other such observations as well as chemical asciences.
Understanding life through the different life sciences, anthropology, zoology and archeology.
Understanding our history, civilizations and the development of man through history and to some extentarcheology.
Understanding mans nature and our relation to society through sociology and psychology.

These processes are what will develop and improve our lives, society and find solutions to our problems. The adherents and contributors to these processes are not fools regardless of belief in a deity or not.

Or what do you reckon cheesy

The religious folks, they just don't get it. You wouldn't too if you had the *Spirit*
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by Sylvekzee(m): 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
@Op All due respect, but your questions are nothing more than a further exposure of the lies and contradictions In the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by macof(m): 11:27pm On Aug 17, 2014

Examples of the wonders of nature
1. Flood
2. Tsunami
3. Tornado
4. Drought
5. Earthquake
6. Predators and innocent preys
7. Children born blind
8. Twins conjoined by the head
Etc.
All work of a loving God that makes no mistakes

1 Like

Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by macof(m): 11:33pm On Aug 17, 2014

Nobody would tell u the world with animals, tress, rock, fire, rain, air etc just started from a bang.
There's various process to everything.
Why not pick a book another other than the Bible and read

How does the structure of the brain prove Jehovah exists? Is Jehovah living in the human brain? Or did he sign his name there?
Who says Zeus isn't the owner of our brains??

1 Like

Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by macof(m): 11:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
TellBlazer: No the wonders of nature I meant are wind,rivers,fire, D sky,even humanbeings also those one you mentioned.But I want to let you know that the Bible which I belive in called them fools Spalms 14,1.The big bang Theory proposes that the world start from a bang of two objects,if there is any other,I don't know. So if you believe you created yourself,you are a complete slowpoke and a pray to all does misfortune like volcano etc you quoted.
The Bible which u believe said the earth is older than the Sun
Says the Sun and moon were created in one day

Pls review wat you believe, be careful before it would be that your parents wasted money in sending u to school

1 Like

Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by macof(m): 11:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
Bvsteph: Man-made? For real??
yh. The Bible talks about God and all that heaven talk is man-made
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by macof(m): 11:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
Bvsteph: *sigh* U guys still didn't answer the question embarassed Was really hoping someone would help me out.....pls

There's no answer in the Bible, and the only answer outside the Bible is that SATAN DOESN'T EXIST

I hope you acquire enlightenment
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Bvsteph: I have always had issues with Faith. It's hard for me to just believe what i cannot see or feel, it's much easier to recoil into doubt and fear. But then the unseen is much more real than what we see.

The bold section seems to contradict the rest of this paragraph. Godly Faith is not blind, it is Faith based on evidence. People believe atoms exist without seeing them, have you seen the electricity that powers your TV. We can't see wind but feel it, same we can perceive God's presence if we have a bigger "antenna" to perceive his existence.

Bvsteph:
Let's break it down,

1. Is faith inherent in every human being? or Does God give us the faith to believe in Him? Romans 12:3 says:"...I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned." So would it be safe to say God assigns a measure of faith to everyone? If that is the case, why are unbelievers at fault if they don't have faith?

Every human believe in one thing or the other, but Godly Faith is not inherent in Everyone. The context of Romans 12:3 points to paul address members of the christian congregation not the world's people as a whole. Even people who have faith can lose their faith when temptation and trials prevail. But without faith it is impossible to please God well, because we must first believe that God is (exist) and he is a rewarder of all those fearing him.

Bvsteph:
2. Do you get faith to be saved? or you get faith because you are saved? Is salvation created by faith or is faith created by salvation?

1 Thess 5:9 , 2 Thess 2:13, 2 Timothy 3:15, Roman 10:10, 13-15. Read and Meditate on these scriptures, the answers are there.

Bvsteph:
3. This particular question is kinda out of context. Satan was created pure, before satan there was no satan...if you understand what i mean. Satan is the enemy, the deceiver, the one that lures everyone to sin.....Who lured satan to sin? How did satan become evil?

Really looking forward to reading your thoughts. Thanks

Answer to question number (3): Who lured Satan to sin? How did he become evil? First you must understand what Sin is (Sin- an act that breaks a religious or moral law), then how did Satan sin in the beginning {Satan sinned by Lying to Eve and opposing God's rule- Genesis 3:1-5, he broke God's morals by lying and resisting God hence his new name Satan (Opposer/resister) the Devil (liar/slanderer) } , following which you need to hear how God himself answer this question in Ezekiel 28: 15-17. James 1: 14,15 also answers that question.
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by Liveair: 7:20am On Aug 18, 2014
TellBlazer: You will make a vary terrible teacher!" The big bang theory did not say life started with a bang of two objects"then what did it say?? Mind you I never called nobody a fool Spalms 14,1 did so direct ur anger there.pls don't quote me again cos you hv lost it bye.
Am actually good at educating people but not those insultive ones who are resistant to learning. Go and read books pls!
Read good books on the Cosmos, watch science documentaries on Big Bang Theory.
Remember, if you keep quoting your bible in order to call people f**ls, the same bible says you will go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
uzoexcel: Do not call someone a fool

shiiiet! Using his own weapon to blast him. So smooth man. I likey.
Re: Who Lured Satan To Sin? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
"The fool say in his heart, 'THERE IS A GOD' " ~ Wise Yoda.
No offence theists, but if you're offended then take it up with Yoda tongue

(1) (Reply)

8 Types Of Christians / I Saw The Synagogue Tragedy Coming – TB Joshua / What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.