Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,329 members, 7,954,333 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:52 PM

Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash (2040 Views)

Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo / Coffin In Imo Govt House: Widows Curse Okorocha, Supporters. / Coffin In Imo Govt House Widows Curse Okorocha Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Sealeddeal(m): 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
By CHIDI NKWOPARA, OWERRI.
Scores of security personnel present at the 2014 New
Yam Festival of Mbaise people had a hectic time at the
weekend, in stopping what could have degenerated
to a full scale war between the supporters of
Governor Rochas Okorocha and Mbaise youths. Earlier in his welcome address, the Deputy Speaker,
Chief Emeka Ihedioha, who chaired the event,
reminded the Governor of the palpable lack of state
government presence in Mbaise. He pointed out that “the major projects in Mbaise are
those executed by the Federal Government”, adding
that “as a matter of expediency, it is expected that
you (Okorocha) will hand over the reins of state
administration in 2015, so we can help out.” Responding, an obviously angry Governor said:
“There is nobody in Imo PDP that is my match in an
electoral contest. My three years in office is more
productive than the 12 years spent in Imo by the PDP.
Imo people have rejected PDP because PDP is worse
than the Ebola virus”. The booing multiplied when Okorocha said he had laid
the foundation for a campus of the Imo State
University to be sited in Aboh Mbaise/ Ngor Okpala
federal constituency. The crowd became uncontrollable when the confusion
quickly degenerated into a free for all between
Okorocha’s supporters and Mbaise youths, while the
Governor was whisked away into safety before the
unveiling of the yam barn and cutting of the new yam. Speaking to newsmen at the scene of the near ugly
incident, the Foreign Affairs Minister 1, Professor Viola
Onwuliri, who represented President Goodluck
Jonathan during the ceremony, lamented that “from
what transpired here, it is evident that the Governor
was not interested in the festival but came to create confusion and derail the event” It was the considered opinion of the Minister that
“since the Governor assumed office in 2011, he has
never attended the Iri ji Mbaise until this one that
precedes the election year”. Continuing, Professor Onwuliri said: “This is not the
ground for venting personal animosities. He even left
before the actual ceremony began. He just brought
trouble to the event and this is an embarrassment to
the state and its people. I am positive that by 2015,
we will all have a chance to redress this anomaly”.

Source: Vanguard.

1 Like

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Fxwarrior: 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
Op where's your live source?
Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
Must Okorocha always attend every event in Imo State? What happened to people who can represent him?

3 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by VICTORCIZA(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
okorocha the pot belly comedian.
we will teach you the lesson we taught ngige in Anambra state.
Ndi igbo all over Nigeria said no and will continue to say no to apc.
apc the terrorists party

13 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Sealeddeal(m): 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
Fxwarrior: Op where's your live source?
i checked nairaland rules and its not there.
Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by C0llynzOII: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
Okorocha knows the kind of disgrace that awaits him in 2015, he wouldn't even bother contesting.
APGA will win Imo state election for the third time in a row (Martin Agbaso defeated Ohakim in 2007).

8 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Plshavmercyamen: 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hahahahaha... The report missed something "that cap shall never rule this state. If anybody wants to rule Imo state, let him show his face".

1 Like

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Abagworo(m): 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Vanguard is beginning to lose credibility if indeed they can descend this low to release falsehood as a news story. Mbaise was divided between Okorocha and the rest while far majority was for Okorocha. The festival started and ended well while Okorocha shared the yam and ate it with jubilant Mbaise youths. Tufiakwa! to vanguard if they actually wrote this. Ihedioha and Okorocha just took political swipes at themselves without bitterness. They joked and smiled while Ihedioha even served Okorocha some kola amidst laughter.

4 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Cmanforall: 3:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
Plshavmercyamen: Hahahahaha... The report missed something "that cap shall never rule this state. If anybody wants to rule Imo state, let him show his face".

=D ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒ =)) ..... But you know who owns 'that cap'... Its funny seeing only 'cap' on billboards....
Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by meforyou1(m): 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
Abagworo: Vanguard is beginning to lose credibility if indeed they can descend this low to release falsehood as a news story. Mbaise was divided between Okorocha and the rest while far majority was for Okorocha. The festival started and ended well while Okorocha shared the yam and ate it with jubilant Mbaise youths. Tufiakwa! to vanguard if they actually wrote this. Ihedioha and Okorocha just took political swipes at themselves without bitterness. They joked and smiled while Ihedioha even served Okorocha some kola amidst laughter.
that's picture of kola nut. Show us picture of okorocha eating yam with jubilant mbaise youths

14 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by meforyou1(m): 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mbaise people are lucky they have federal govt projects. In arondizuogu, nothing. Not fed, not state, not local govt nothing. Okorocha dare not step feet in izuogu land saying he is coming to eat yam with anybody, else he will get more than he bargained for. Abagworo tell him I say so.

12 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Plshavmercyamen: 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
Cmanforall:

=D ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒ =)) ..... But you know who owns 'that cap'... Its funny seeing only 'cap' on billboards....
lol. Nobody can stake his/her neck to knowing the owner of that cap til we see the face. Abi, u ready stick your neck? Haha
Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Dymaco(m): 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
I told u people this. Apc is worst. I have been in imo, only the viable road is federal road. No road in the village. Rochas God shall judge u.

2 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Dymaco(m): 3:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
Abagworo: Vanguard is beginning to lose credibility if indeed they can descend this low to release falsehood as a news story. Mbaise was divided between Okorocha and the rest while far majority was for Okorocha. The festival started and ended well while Okorocha shared the yam and ate it with jubilant Mbaise youths. Tufiakwa! to vanguard if they actually wrote this. Ihedioha and Okorocha just took political swipes at themselves without bitterness. They joked and smiled while Ihedioha even served Okorocha some kola amidst laughter.
Be truthful.... Were u there.
Imo already disown rochas. The idiotic govt having problem whenever he is going.

6 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by ikweremilitant: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
my frend bone dat question,dis a true life story.i was their life.okorocha is a slowpoke.hw wil u insult a senator nd stil go to her constituency wat do u expect,a military parade?ds clown tinks hes popular.

11 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by MzJackBaueress(f): 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
thanks for giving the correct event of what happened.
Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Plshavmercyamen: 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
Dymaco: I told u people this. Apc is worst. I have been in imo, only the viable road is federal road. No road in the village. Rochas God shall judge u.
Nwanne m, i have no prob you opposing Rochas by saying what he ought to do but haven't done yet. But, for u to type that Rochas have done nothing in Imo aside the federal govt is a BIG NO NO for me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by redsun(m): 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
Animals,they are like chimpanzee troupes in African rain forests. Where ever the Alfa chimps head,the lowly kind follows. Mostly in well coordinated and brutal hunts for monkies. As well as defending territories.
Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Abagworo(m): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
Dymaco:
Be truthful.... Were u there.
Imo already disown rochas. The idiotic govt having problem whenever he is going.

If not Mbaise youths, who then are Rochas supporters? Are you saying that foreigners came to Mbaise to intimidate their youths. LMFAO! Meanwhile here's a picture again from Mbaise.

2 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
Rochas is done in Imo State, his tenure ends in 2015. We shall see to it and any outsider that dares shows his face in Imo state in 2015 to rig for Rochas will have himself to blame.

2 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by shizzleStar: 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
Okorocha is a big disgrace to Imo people and ndi Igbo in general. He leaves in 2015. cool

3 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Longeria(m): 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
Abagworo:

If not Mbaise youths, who then are Rochas supporters? Are you saying that foreigners came to Mbaise to intimidate their youths. LMFAO! Meanwhile here's a picture again from Mbaise.
Abagworo, stop deceiving yourself, the second picture is where children are raising hand to collect 50 naira note gift. How many of them is of voting age?

1 Like

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by chimerase2: 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
I was there, I attended the festival, Rochas caused everitin he came to campaign wen he supposed not to
So the pple started calling APC ebola, boko haram and de likes, rochas didn't even finish talking before the collected the mic frm him
He ran away cus the youth started beating pple dat was wearing APC uniform
Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by chimerase2: 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
They called rochas to talk he came on and called emeka and viola witout respect and started saying somebody can not just use only green cap as campaign if u re vying for post u should show ur self, meanwhile he was refering to deputy speaker grin
He started the problem, as the case was the youths wanted to beat him embarassed
Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by chimerase2: 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
Abagworo:

ma friend stop passing false information rochas was not der wen the started the eri ji festival so don't go copy and paste tins u didn't see or knw abt

2 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by thewarrior72: 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
MzJackBaueress: thanks for giving the correct event of what happened.
Birds of same plumage.....do what? undecided...

1 Like

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Dymaco(m): 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
Abagworo:

Simple guestion....
Where u there to comfirm. They was a protest when rochas wanted to use the platform for political campaign. My friend from imo confirmed it. Imo as a oil producing state, tell me what rochas have achieve. Rochas has lost his respect. The other day charly boy, today mbaise youth.
Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Dymaco(m): 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
Plshavmercyamen: Nwanne m, i have no prob you opposing Rochas by saying what he ought to do but haven't done yet. But, for u to type that Rochas have done nothing in Imo aside the federal govt is a BIG NO NO for me. Thanks
To whom much is given, much is expected.
Imo receive huge chunk of money from fed. Allocation as oil producing state
Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
Funny enough how Abagworo ll stay in port Harcourt and be seeing everything that happened in far away chioma ajunwa stadium ahiazu mbaise. ..foolish enough how somebody ll take his words seriously and even refer to it as the true account of what happened. ..onye kpo aboki bia mbaise ?? Chupu ya o bu onye oshi...e choro ka ya tugbuo anyi na bomb. That was all that echoed across the length and breadth of the stadium when rochas started of with his deceitful speech of building and getting a functional campus of imsu in mbaise before December. ..of all people to try and use their head.....mbaise? ?? Rochas no try shaa

2 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Abagworo(m): 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
Sealeddeal: Earlier in his welcome address, the Deputy Speaker,
Chief Emeka Ihedioha, who chaired the event,
reminded the Governor of the palpable lack of state
government presence in Mbaise. He pointed out that “the major projects in Mbaise are
those executed by the Federal Government”, adding
that “as a matter of expediency, it is expected that
you (Okorocha) will hand over the reins of state
administration in 2015, so we can help out.”

Reading this will give even a toddler an insight into what happened. My argument is that both Ihedioha's supporters and Okorocha's supporters are Mbaise youths but Vanguard reported like Okorocha's supporters are from some other place and were fighting with Mbaise youths.
Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
I heard the guy kept saying "my people, my people" and totally derailed from the theme of the event.

I trust my people nah. A fellow aboki Mopol detail was overheard saying "This man should do make we comot here oo. This is Mbaise" Fews minutes later, the governor's convoy escaped the wrath of the people but not without sustained booing through Ahiara Junction.

4 Likes

Re: Mayhem Averted As Okorocha’s Supporters, Mbaise Youths Clash by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
Agbero govt....
Prof Jude Njoku all the way!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Creates Islamic State Of Gwoza? / You Must Read This If You're A PDP Supporter / Fayose Swears In Judge Who Headed His Impeachment Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.