Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

How Good Is God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Good Is God? (16192 Views)

Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? / Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Good Is God? by chrisviral(m): 11:17am On Aug 24, 2014
Infomizer:
Yes he should. Why couldn't he just create a conducive indoor environment for his kids instead of taking unnecessary extreme measures.

What is free will?
In the exams you write in school, when you are given a multiple choice question (OBJ), are you asked to select a right answer out of right answers?

Really? Think before you post!
Re: How Good Is God? by GodMode: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

You choose to call him "The creator" and I and other Christians choose to call him "God".
My Bible said, to every Man his own, hold on tight to the creator and don't let anyone take it away from you, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Living God.

I called "it" the creator. No one knows how the creator looks... You live your life based on a book and I live my life based on the creators' logic.

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is God? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

Let me note a verse in the bible
"I have given before you the power of life and death, a curse and a blessing, that you may choose one but I advice you to choose life that you and your children may live"

That explains it all.
I have said God is everything, he knows everything, he created everything( whatsoever your mind thinks of right now, he knows it) And just like him, he made you, with the power to do good or evil, all you have to do is choose!

Why should I trust Him?
Well I trust because he created me (I mean why will he create me, give me an instruction only to fail me, doesn't sound right).
I trust him his Word is Amen, it's always the same, he never lies (Infact even if he lies, they turn to truth)
Oxford dictionary never goes wrong not because there are no wrong words there but because they are the originator of words, so is God he can't lie because what he says is the Law.
Again I trust him because all through my sojourn in life and even in the Bible, I have never heard that he failed anyone not at all!
Hmm...Good Thinking

1 Like

Re: How Good Is God? by chrisviral(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2014
GodMode:

I called "it" the creator. No one knows how the creator looks... You live your life based on a book and I live my life based on the creators' logic.

Creators logic?
Now your attacking yourself
Re: How Good Is God? by Infomizer(m): 11:25am On Aug 24, 2014
[quote
author=chrisviral]

If you read all my post, then you notice something, the one I know, I
will quote the verse in the bible where it is written, the one I don't
know, I suggest it to you.

I'm not telling God exist my mere hear say, no! I too use to doubt God's
existence, I never believed it, but one day, I felt his power, I saw a
miracle that did convinced me that indeed there is a God.

And then I tried him yet again in my own personal experience and and
again he proved to me that he very much exist!
Put a knife on my throat, kill me, amputate me, I will never, I repeat
never stop believing in God's existence, only a fool will see white
today and tomorrow will say that there is no white, I have seen the
works of God in my life and I will only be a fool to say that God is
made up!
Thank you![/quote]

I respect your stance as stated, what I don't respect is your proselytizing attempts. When you attempt to make someone see things from your point of view, then you should be ready to convince beyond reasonable doubt. So far, you've not succeeded at that. Read more bro...
Re: How Good Is God? by Fitz22(f): 11:25am On Aug 24, 2014
God is not a man so stop using Logic, He is the Almighty God, He is everything but u don't need logic to know if God is good or Bad. U can't understand who God is until u re born of d spirit and you understand D Trinity. This topic is not 4 u OP. Go and start from D root.
Re: How Good Is God? by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

grin it's confusing right?
But it's not!
What do you understand by worship God? Answer and we will take it from there

Worshiping God is an act of feeling inferior. In the ancient world, the humans on our planet worshiped beings that came from other planets because they possessed advanced technology that made them look like Gods. Actually the word God was derived from ancient humans who worshiped Krishna,Yahweh,the Elohim,Obatala etc.

A God is a being who can use vast amount of this brain abilities in a scientific definition.

With more knowledge you can be a God. I meant the right knowledge.

Messi is a God of football,isn't he? But not the only God.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is God? by Infomizer(m): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2014
[quote
author=chrisviral]

What is free will?
In the exams you write in school, when you are given a multiple choice
question (OBJ), are you asked to select a right answer out of right
answers?

Really? Think before you post![/quote]
This ain't a question of free will. Create an environment that won't necessitate your children needing to basterdize their "free will". Set the right questions as a father.
Re: How Good Is God? by chrisviral(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2014
A christian and an Atheist arguing, lol circular arguments, at the end nothing is achieved!
You only try to prove me more wrong and I will try to prove you more wrong!
Let's just agree to dis-agree!

Just found out we made front page!
Dancing skelewu!
Re: How Good Is God? by GodMode: 11:37am On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

Creators logic?
Now your attacking yourself

The creator created other creators (living and non living things) to either create good or evil just in the cause of living to die.

To be able to think using the creators' logic you have to overcome the worlds' way of thinking. I.e u have to overcome religion.
Re: How Good Is God? by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2014
The fact remains that we live in a male dominated society. How could there be God the father,God the son and no Goddess the mother? Looks like some idiots are trying to manipulate the human race.

We clearly know that the fusion of male and female gives rise to creation/children . Why are women being sidelined in the stupid book called the bible?

1 Like

Re: How Good Is God? by NDprudent(m): 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
@ OP, d facT that ure still breathing after typing dat shows how good He is
Re: How Good Is God? by faamo419: 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
God is so so Good...
Re: How Good Is God? by dasparrow: 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
@Post

God is not just good, He is great! This I know and I will continue to testify of His greatness and goodness.
Re: How Good Is God? by Dgrea8t(m): 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
Genesis 1&2. God created everything and man and saw dat it or they were good. Genesis is a picture of another creation after a previous one(Jeremiah4). D earth was full of darknes&formles(distorted). When we say God is good, we refer to His deeds&creation(including u), not Who He is. For His nature is undiscribable(1Tim.3:16). God bless u sir!
Re: How Good Is God? by Emary(f): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
Re: How Good Is God? by Dgrea8t(m): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
GodMode:

Re: How Good Is God? by aliceabner: 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
Locomote up a just blog-post with few writer. This way, you increment repeat visitors, who then may subscribe to your blog. Wage an inducement for visitors to agree to your posts. SEO Courses Online Online marketing courses may often tip to subscription lists as a way of generating leads. Giving weak newsletters or feeds to your liege succeeding with important insights and activity interest & trends are a trusty way of duty the subscription angle unchangeable. Mitigated audiences faculty urge your journal to the online dominion at lifesize that shows you where the journal interchange is upcoming from. This is one way of focusing many on the identify of people beingness attracted. There are many tools that see engines record adding, both others are dropped or qualified in an travail to make leading of webmasters. Retrieve that an net marketing course staleness accent that seek engines are customer-centric. Any online business education that promises to get your blog or website detected by link-farming, instrument not jumper to a peachy individual see. Finally, the website or journal leave sphere up on the lowest SERP impairment to your blog.
http://www.seoproducts.net/
Re: How Good Is God? by chrisviral(m): 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
Re: How Good Is God? by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
See As Dem Dey Argue Anyhow Like Mumu. #NDI_ARA!
Re: How Good Is God? by Elevation(m): 1:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
VERY GOOD.
Re: How Good Is God? by Emary(f): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
Re: How Good Is God? by victorix(m): 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
there are things in this life that cant be explained....... When you meet God, you can ask him everything, why is this so, why is that so??
Re: How Good Is God? by Emary(f): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
This is what I was really looking to post.

Sums it all up perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIhu4oVaDtg
Re: How Good Is God? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29: 11
Re: How Good Is God? by macof(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
Billyonaire: In absolute truism, there is no good and evil. Everything works towards singularity. Think about earthquake, for victims of the cataclysmic natural tectonic re-alignment it is evil, but within the cosmic creativity, its core goal is the alignment of the san adreas fault, a sequence that can only make the planet better.

So in essence, Cosmic Infinity codenamed God by religion is neutrality. Both good and bad is of same source. That source is what you call God....2 sides of the same coin.

my thoughts exactly
Re: How Good Is God? by macof(m): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
kadas01: The Truth is very simple but man has chose to complicate It!

TRUTH IS: The "Immeasurable Goodness" of GOD ALMIGHTY brought "everything created" into "being"!

And "THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR" Said....."Let There Be Light"!!!.......

The above testifies that THE GREAT CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH "does not and would never know evil"!! There is "nothing" like "evil" existing around "THE ALMIGHTY HIMSELF"!

HE is, and remains "Goodness" Personified!

Shalom!

Then from where came evil?

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is God? by macof(m): 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

God does feel anger and happiness!
He was angry with Man, thus he repented why he created Man, he was happy with David's sacrifice, thus he stopped his wrath (angel of death) from finishing Isreal, he was happy with Solomon's sacrifice, thus he he him wisdom, God has emotions dear! He is no robot.

Their is not always an equal reward for every good or evil, God said, " I will have mercy on whom I will have Mercy" some sinners go unpurnished and some don't.

One thing I have leant is that, A fully comprehensible God is no God at all.
God is still God because No one man can fully understand God, he is inexhaustible!

maybe I should stop using the word "God" being that Gods don't really exist.

The consciousness of the universe doesn't have emotions, isn't good or evil but balanced. All that is, is a body of consciousness that revolves all around the universe
When humans act it has a parallel effect on the fabric of existence, in order to maintain that balance an equal reward is delivered on the individual, thats Karma
There's nothing that concerns emotions here, it's just the nature of the universe

1 Like

Re: How Good Is God? by chrisviral(m): 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
macof:

maybe I should stop using the word "God" being that Gods don't really exist.

The consciousness of the universe doesn't have emotions, isn't good or evil but balanced. All that is, is a body of consciousness that revolves all around the universe
When humans act it has a parallel effect on the fabric of existence, in order to maintain that balance an equal reward is delivered on the individual, thats Karma
There's nothing that concerns emotions here, it's just the nature of the universe

Kama! Okay!
Re: How Good Is God? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
@topic:
Only a deep thinker acknowledges His goodness in every situation.

Btw... do we always have to turn everything to a debate?

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is God? by macof(m): 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

Hahahaha you make me laugh, it's all the same thing. And God created Man in his own image, he passed his trait to man, a consciousness of both good and evil, just God has the choice to kill Devil but he choosed not to because of a divine purpose, so also is me and you, with a choice not to patronise NairaLand but we choose to, Why? To fulfill the purpose of this thread! It is because you want to convince me, that is why your still posting me, so also the devil and hell was created by God because both are still fulfilling their purpose.

Actually am nt trying to convince u of wat ur consciousness level doesn't permit. However there are many who would gain a thing a or two from discussions like this.

now to address ur post:
There's no such thing as "consciousness of good and evil from God to man"
Our human/individual essence decides wat is good for us, and rejects the others
Although the essence is from our creator, not all creations have the same essence

That is why animals have no problem eating flesh straight up while humans need to cook

A man that eats meat raw like an animal has lost his human essence(otherwise; humanity)
A man who can't feel love, joy, pain, loss and other basic emotions has lost that human essence too, is as more stone than human

So No, humans don't have the traits of the creator, we aren't the only creations so why concentrate on humans when the spirit(of God) is in everything.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is God? by chefremy(m): 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
God is mightier than d mightest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery / How T.B Joshua Leads Nigeria’s Religious Tourism Drive / Download Audio: Morning Devotion Worship Songs By Nathaniel Bassey And Sinach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.