Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande (3154 Views)

Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria, The Fulanis (fulbe) Or The Igbos? / Any Senegalese Fulani Here, Fulbe Senegalbe Mi Noddi On! / The Fulani - Bibbe Fulbe Lessdi Afriki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Omarbah: 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
Fulaman198:
I really hope that you are correct lolll. They have either become too Hausanised or Arabized in that part of Nigeria. They can't even form a proper sentence in the Fulfulde/Pular language.
It's always refreshing when someone like Guinea like you or someone from Senegal comes here and we are able to effectively communicate in the language. That tells me that despite regional differences, Fulfulde duna gooto. It is still one language.
I do not know if you have ever heard of the Wassulu Fula. They are a group of fulbe located in Southwest Mali, North East Guinea and Northern Cote d'Ivoire. The territory they occupied was conquered centuries ago and the environment is overwhelmingly Mande(Bambara or Maninka). But despite speaking Mande language, you'll see them in Fulbe gatherings and Tabital Pulaaku, they are still considered Fulbe. If you listen to Mande music, you'll sometimes hear "Fula Sinani" meaning (Diakite=Bah, Diallo, Sangare= Barry and Sidibe= Sow) , this is how they refer to them.
When a Wassulu Fula moves out of this environment and goes to Futa Jallon for example, he tends to blend again and abandon the Mande language.
So there is still hope for them.
I made some friends through Zone Fulbe and we communicate in fulfulde sometimes. The Pulaar speakers of Futa Toro are the most flexible of all of us. They seem to understand everyone. I might struggle a bit in the beginning but they seem to just get it.

1 Like

Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Fulaman198(m): 5:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
Omarbah:
I do not know if you have ever heard of the Wassulu Fula. They are a group of fulbe located in Southwest Mali, North East Guinea and Northern Cote d'Ivoire. The territory they occupied was conquered centuries ago and the environment is overwhelmingly Mande(Bambara or Maninka). But despite speaking Mande language, you'll see them in Fulbe gatherings and Tabital Pulaaku, they are still considered Fulbe. If you listen to Mande music, you'll sometimes hear "Fula Sinani" meaning (Diakite=Bah, Diallo, Sangare= Barry and Sidibe= Sow) , this is how they refer to them.
When a Wassulu Fula moves out of this environment and goes to Futa Jallon for example, he tends to blend again and abandon the Mande language.
So there is still hope for them.
I made some friends through Zone Fulbe and we communicate in fulfulde sometimes. The Pulaar speakers of Futa Toro are the most flexible of all of us. They seem to understand everyone. I might struggle a bit in the beginning but they seem to just get it.

Yes, I know of the Wasulu Fulbe. I know of some of them like Oumou Sangare and Dieneba (Jeynaba) Seck who does sometimes sing in Fulfulde (her "Mi yetti ma" song is an example).

My question about the Waasolou(Wasulu) Fulbe is can they also speak Fulfulde/Pular in addition to their respective Mande language? I have seen some of them do so in their music. But I'm curious to know if all of them can.

I'm not surprised that the Toorobe understand everyone else. After all, Fulfulde/Pular like Wolof and Serer is a Senegambian language meaning I'm sure that the roots of the language are in Senegal somewhere. That means that they must also speak the most pure Pular/Fulfulde.

Can you please confirm this for me? One Fulani from Senegal told me that they also have Wodaabe in Senegal. I used to think that Wodaabe Fulani were only located in Niger Rep., Nigeria, Chad because we are Fulbe funnange (or Eastern Fulani). But he told me that my information is wrong that the Wodaabe groups also exist in Senegal, I was very surprised to hear that.
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Omarbah: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

Yes, I know of the Wasulu Fulbe. I know of some of them like Oumou Sangare and Dieneba (Jeynaba) Seck who does sometimes sing in Fulfulde (her "Mi yetti ma" song is an example).

My question about the Waasolou(Wasulu) Fulbe is can they also speak Fulfulde/Pular in addition to their respective Mande language? I have seen some of them do so in their music. But I'm curious to know if all of them can.

I'm not surprised that the Toorobe understand everyone else. After all, Fulfulde/Pular like Wolof and Serer is a Senegambian language meaning I'm sure that the roots of the language are in Senegal somewhere. That means that they must also speak the most pure Pular/Fulfulde.

Can you please confirm this for me? One Fulani from Senegal told me that they also have Wodaabe in Senegal. I used to think that Wodaabe Fulani were only located in Niger Rep., Nigeria, Chad because we are Fulbe funnange (or Eastern Fulani). But he told me that my information is wrong that the Wodaabe groups also exist in Senegal, I was very surprised to hear that.
I know there are nomadic groups still in the Western part of West Africa, Guinea, Sierra Leone included. He might be referring to them.
No most Wasulu Fulas speak Bambara or Maninka but that is simply due to the overwhelming presence of those groups around them. In fact when the Fula groups controlled that land, they married in the local population. Since women are the ones that spend the most time with the kids, they ended up adopting the local languages. But they still have cattle and their milk is as good as the one we make in Futa Jallon.
But as you have noticed with their songs, when they get in contact with Pulaar speakers they learn the language.

1 Like

Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Fulaman198(m): 6:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
Omarbah:
I know there are nomadic groups still in the Western part of West Africa, Guinea, Sierra Leone included. He might be referring to them.
No most Wasulu Fulas speak Bambara or Maninka but that is simply due to the overwhelming presence of those groups around them. In fact when the Fula groups controlled that land, they married in the local population. Since women are the ones that spend the most time with the kids, they ended up adopting the local languages. But they still have cattle and their milk is as good as the one we make in Futa Jallon.
But as you have noticed with their songs, when they get in contact with Pulaar speakers they learn the language.

Yah I was surprised to hear Oumou Sangare singing in Fulfulde/Pular. It made me very happy.

Btw, do you know the story of Penda Yoro?
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Omarbah: 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

Yah I was surprised to hear Oumou Sangare singing in Fulfulde/Pular. It made me very happy.

Btw, do you know the story of Penda Yoro?
Not until I saw it here. It's an interesting story though. How did you learn it?
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Fulaman198(m): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
Omarbah:
Not until I saw it here. It's an interesting story though. How did you learn it?

From a Malian Fulani person lollll. Btw, did you listen to the song accompanying the story?
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Omarbah: 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

From a Malian Fulani person lollll. Btw, did you listen to the song accompanying the story?
No, do you have the link?
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Fulaman198(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
Omarbah:
No, do you have the link?

Yes bro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQErnjPgayg
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Omarbah: 8:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
thanks for sharing the song. Penda must have been beautiful , not just from the outside, to have this song
dedicated to her.

1 Like

Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Fulaman198(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
Omarbah: thanks for sharing the song. Penda must have been beautiful , not just from the outside, to have this song
dedicated to her.

Yes my brother she truly was
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by firestar(f): 7:59am On Sep 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

Cameroonian Fulfulde would be the same as Nigerian Adamawa Fulfulde. You can post it if you like.

http://www.jw.org/fub/
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Fulaman198(m): 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
firestar:

http://www.jw.org/fub/

Not again lollllll.

You are not the first to try to give me a bible in Fulfulde cheesy
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Roozzaay(m): 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

Not again lollllll.

You are not the first to try to give me a bible in Fulfulde cheesy

lngst time bro, jam na?
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Fulaman198(m): 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
Roozzaay:
lngst time bro, jam na?

Jam palam e an bo?
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Fulaman198(m): 7:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
I have nothing against the Bible, I just don't know why Christians, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. keep trying to convert me. I will be honest now, if I was going to be anything else besides Muslim it would be either African traditional religion or be agnostic simple as that. No offence to you though dear Firestar. About a month ago, one of my fellow co-workers put me in a very uncomfortable position by talking about religion, and wanted to try to convert me and attend a church session. I diplomatically said I would think about it (which deep down meant no) I just didn't want to sound like a horrible person.
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Waynaabe

G changes to W in Fulfulde plurals. (for some words)

Gorko-Worbe
Wuro-Gure
Gujjo-Wuybe
Gaynaako-Waynaabe

1 Like

Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Fulaman198(m): 8:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
Bororojo: Waynaabe

G changes to W in Fulfulde plurals. (for some words)

Gorko-Worbe
Wuro-Gure
Gujjo-Wuybe
Gaynaako-Waynaabe

Mi yetti sanne Modibbo

1 Like

Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Roozzaay(m): 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

Jam palam e an bo?

Mi faamaay
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Fulaman198(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
Roozzaay:
Mi faamaay

It's going well and you? Long time indeed.
Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Roozzaay(m): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

It's going well and you? Long time indeed.

oh thanks bro, jam ni, baasi fuu walaa

1 Like

Re: Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande by Fulaman198(m): 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Roozzaay:
oh thanks bro, jam ni, baasi fuu walaa

lol where did you learn Baasi fuu walaa (no problems)? An a pullo non na?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Really Is ODUDUWA? / The Beauty Of Cape Verde / Wise Igbo Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.