Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,246 members, 7,953,925 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:04 AM

Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? (2037 Views)

Women Not Covering Their Heads In The Church, Right Or Wrong? / Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Female not covering their head in the church is it Biblical?

1corinthians 11vs 5 frowned upon female prophesying with their head uncovered, but its so rampant in church today having female's head uncovered, even some so called prophetess ministring with their head uncovered, should we say they are ignorant? or those it mean ladies are unaware of this chapter/verse? Or maybe it doesnt really matter?

Nonetheless, i dont wanna agree its nt biblical probably christian ladies just decided to tear off that part from their bible.

Whats you say on this?
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by simdam500(m): 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
It bible!!! Where grace rules

abi no be una daddy and mummy g.o dey thread on
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by tIce(m): 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
In my church it's prohibited for ladies to uncover their hair.....

Tho to me, the heart matters most nd nt physical appearances
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 7:18am On Aug 18, 2014
simdam500: It bible!!! Where grace rules

abi no be una daddy and mummy g.o dey thread on
i dnt seems to get u?
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by twosquare(m): 10:23am On Aug 18, 2014
Fynestboi: Female not covering their head in the church is it Biblical?

1corinthians 11vs 5 frowned upon female prophesying with their head uncovered, but its so rampant in church today having female's head uncovered, even some so called prophetess ministring with their head uncovered, should we say they are ignorant? or those it mean ladies are unaware of this chapter/verse? Or maybe it doesnt really matter?

Nonetheless, i dont wanna agree its nt biblical probably christian ladies just decided to tear off that part from their bible.

Whats you say on this?
the hair is for a covering.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by samcinty: 11:04am On Aug 18, 2014
well u r right with d verse bt i hv another interpretation on d verse
covering of hair by woman is having a good husband over them, which is their glory, bible even said it is forbidden for woman to speak in d church,wc mean their husband is the covering bible is talking abt.
i will recommend a book.call dignity of manhood by bri belle for more understanding.
GOD BLESS
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 11:46am On Aug 18, 2014
twosquare: the hair is for a covering.

did you read the verse? If you do you wont type this.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by twosquare(m): 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fynestboi:

did you read the verse? If you do you wont type this.
understand spiritual language....(1corinth 11:15)....head not hair...covering,not scarf....but if you want to cover your head...an hijab which the muslim uses is a good one&better example.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by twosquare(m): 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
samcinty: well u r right with d verse bt i hv another interpretation on d verse
covering of hair by woman is having a good husband over them, which is their glory, bible even said it is forbidden for woman to speak in d church,wc mean their husband is the covering bible is talking abt.
i will recommend a book.call dignity of manhood by bri belle for more understanding.
GOD BLESS
thanks jare...to some extent,this is revelational...God bless you.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Doclight(m): 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
fynestboi. I'm not on either.

But re-read dat verse and note "hair" and"head"
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by taiocol: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
stop miss interpreting the page, if you continue we might misinterpret all pages from Genesis to revelation.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
samcinty: well u r right with d verse bt i hv another interpretation on d verse
GOD BLESS

Wrong interpretation undecided that chapter from 1 - 16 is succint and dogmatic enough you are only giving or looking for one interpretation somewhere else to support your delusion.

God bless
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
twosquare: understand spiritual language....(1corinth 11:15)....head not hair...covering,not scarf....but if you want to cover your head...an hijab which the muslim uses is a good one&better example.

spiritual gini? Trying to twist the bible to suit ya self ba? undecided

every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head, but every woman who prays or prohesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head.

Those this sounds like spirituality to you? This simple verse. I repeat go and read from verse 1-16.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
Doclight: fynestboi. I'm not on either.

But re-read dat verse and note "hair" and"head"

every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head, but every woman who prays or prohesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head.

Check verse 13. Judge among yourselves, is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered?
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
taiocol: stop miss interpreting the page, if you continue we might misinterpret all pages from Genesis to revelation.

lol, what ya own interpretation? Abi yours to is spiritual
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by taiocol: 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fynestboi:

lol, what ya own interpretation? Abi yours to is spiritual

I detest it.. there are two things I hate and detest much wen it come to xtianity. speaking in tongues and women not covering her head /hair. read vs 5 and 6.

and was directing The reinterpretation to the other dude trying to change the subject
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by twosquare(m): 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fynestboi:

spiritual gini? Trying to twist the bible to suit ya self ba? undecided

Those this sounds like spirituality to you? This simple verse. I repeat go and read from verse 1-16.
next time...check the stream of where the Word is flowing from,then you will see via revelation.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Missmossy(f): 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
I really feel the Bible has little or nothing to do with females covering their hair. Its a thing of choice anyway.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by twosquare(m): 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
Sometimes i laugh....Epistle is not that simple@Op.Not even the words of the Lord in the Gospels. Men of wisdom will understand what am saying.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
taiocol:

I detest it.. there are two things I hate and detest much wen it come to xtianity. speaking in tongues and women not covering her head /hair. read vs 5 and 6.

and was directing The reinterpretation to the other dude trying to change the subject

hmmmmmm thank you.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
twosquare: Sometimes i laugh....Epistle is not that simple@Op.Not even the words of the Lord in the Gospels. Men of wisdom will understand what am saying.

men of wisdom my foot look I don't need to drag anything with you. I don't know how you got your spiritual interpretation. But I will admonish you to go back to the Bible read and medidate on it.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 7:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
Missmossy: I really feel the Bible has little or nothing to do with females covering their hair. Its a thing of choice anyway.

yes dear it's a matter of choice am just been curious about the verse but for some deluded peeps trying to twist the Bible to suit themselves is what I detest.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by twosquare(m): 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fynestboi:

men of wisdom my foot look I don't need to drag anything with you. I don't know how you got your spiritual interpretation. But I will admonish you to go back to the Bible read and medidate on it.
And i laugh again...flow with the Spirit in Corinthians,not the letters....once again,check the stream...and see the hierachy and responsibility Paul was painting.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 8:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
twosquare: And i laugh again...flow with the Spirit in Corinthians,not the letters....once again,check the stream...and see the hierachy and responsibility Paul was painting.

grin grin

busted
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by twosquare(m): 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fynestboi:

grin grin

busted
what was busted?
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
twosquare: what was busted?

the bolded
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by twosquare(m): 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
what's wrong with it?
Fynestboi:

the bolded
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2014
twosquare: what's wrong with it?

plenty. Go back and read the chapter.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by twosquare(m): 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fynestboi:

plenty. Go back and read the chapter.
This topic of yours was even talked about last year..... see the response below:

twosquare: Not a sin.D hair is a covering says d bible: 1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
Paul mentioned two kinds of covering. dis last one is physical while d first is spiritual. He is painting 4 us a spiritual order in d realm of d spirit. D Man is covering of the Woman but a man need not cover his head,since d covering of d man is Christ!!!
Thank God he says “covering" and not “scarf".....and “head" and not “hair".........make u cover d whole head then with clothe like ninja.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
twosquare: This topic of yours was even talked about last year..... see the response below:

like seriously so you have been dwelling in you delusion for years .

Spiritual realm got me cracking grin
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by twosquare(m): 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fynestboi:

like seriously so you have been dwelling in you delusion for years .

Spiritual realm got me cracking grin
i don't expect you to see coz you are still stuck with religion.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
twosquare: i don't expect you to see coz you are still stuck with religion.

the moment you starts to deal with this simple to comprehend verses from your "SPIRITUAL REALM" i wonder what angle you will treat parables. Maybe supernatural realm grin.

Stuck with religion? Me or you? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What A Man Wore To Church Today (photos) / Can A Muslim Wish Happy Christmas To His Christian Friends? / Dealing With Delays Of The Fruit Of The Womb. Spiritual Angle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.