Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:46 PM

Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? (2036 Views)

Women Not Covering Their Heads In The Church, Right Or Wrong? / Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by twosquare(m): 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fynestboi:

the moment you starts to deal with this simple to comprehend verses from your "SPIRITUAL REALM" i wonder what angle you will treat parables. Maybe supernatural realm grin.

Stuck with religion? Me or you? grin
believe t or not....it is your portion....samcinty was even explaining a dimension to you but you said nay...you have decided already....so..nothing to say again
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
twosquare: believe t or not....it is your portion....samcinty was even explaining a dimension to you but you said nay...you have decided already....so..nothing to say again

give me a concise explanation in line with context and not you own spiritual realm.

Anything not concomitant to that is a NO for me.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by twosquare(m): 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fynestboi:

give me a concise explanation in line with context and not you own spiritual realm.

Anything not concomitant to that is a NO for me.
And what is not with context....read from the beginning of that chapter.... And towards the end....pay attention to verse 14&15....the quote i gave you the other time is a key...if you still don't get it,then you don't.drop what you think you know,for i once think like you do concerning that chapter.shalom.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by simdam500(m): 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fynestboi: i dnt seems to get u?
ok here is it... U are to fast for 40days/nite but u are able to fast for 5days or not fast at all...

We dont see anything wrong in doing the not do things cos we say His Grace / His Mercy covers our mistake... Atleast he(God himself) once said "i'll have mercy on who i will have mercy upon" irrespective of either women preach and they are not to preach, either they are to cover their head but they've refuse because grace rules...

Done talkin joor
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by taiocol: 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
Missmossy: I really feel the Bible has little or nothing to do with females covering their hair. Its a thing of choice anyway.

I don't think you've read that chapter properly, if you do you should understand that it was talking about the presence of the Almighty,
your post suggest you are thinking it should be done every were.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Missmossy(f): 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
taiocol:

I don't think you've read that chapter properly, if you do you should understand that it was talking about the presence of the Almighty,
your post suggest you are thinking it should be done every were.
You don't have to suggest what i think by misinterpreting my post mister man! Blurt out what you wish and speak for yourself only,its a free world you know. I make whatever choices i desire.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by taiocol: 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
Missmossy:
You don't have to suggest what i think by misinterpreting my post mister man! Blurt out what you wish and speak for yourself only,its a free world you know. I make whatever choices i desire.
easy woman, you getting me wrong. let's leave it before it turns to something else.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 6:44am On Aug 19, 2014
simdam500: ok here is it... U are to fast for 40days/nite but u are able to fast for 5days or not fast at all...

We dont see anything wrong in doing the not do things cos we say His Grace / His Mercy covers our mistake... Atleast he(God himself) once said "i'll have mercy on who i will have mercy upon" irrespective of either women preach and they are not to preach, either they are to cover their head but they've refuse because grace rules...

Done talkin joor

are you kidding me? So man can go on sinning as lnng as grace abound? shocked
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by samcinty: 7:10am On Aug 19, 2014
brethren in d LORD, there is no point in raising abuse on each other on dis topic, jst pray dat holy spirit will give u a good interpretation to d word of God, as he is promise of d father to teach us those hidden things we dont kw. my own is being cover ur head as bible put is simply means u r "ashamed" wen u hv done something dat u ought nt to do, u will try to hid from d truth, dat is wat d bible is saying. d man is d covering for woman so anyting a woman want to do in d church she must first order from her husband, that is d role a gud husband ought to occupy in his house(mind u dis chapter is written to a mature xtian nt a baby xtian).God bless u all

1 Like

Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 19, 2014
Fynestboi:

the bolded

Huh? undecided
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Gbengem(m): 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
I so much detest against people using the word "Grace" to cover up there utterances. Guess dey don't knw how grace works.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Elijah78: 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
Fynestboi: Female not covering their head in the church is it Biblical?

1corinthians 11vs 5 frowned upon female prophesying with their head uncovered, but its so rampant in church today having female's head uncovered, even some so called prophetess ministring with their head uncovered, should we say they are ignorant? or those it mean ladies are unaware of this chapter/verse? Or maybe it doesnt really matter?

Nonetheless, i dont wanna agree its nt biblical probably christian ladies just decided to tear off that part from their bible.

Whats you say on this?

Hear what Jesus said in Matt 6: 27-29

And why should you worry about your appearance? The latest fashions don’t make you look any different. Don’t you understand you look the same to your Father, regardless of what you’re wearing?

So why should you be concerned about clothing? Look at the wildflowers in the fields. They don’t worry about such trivial things.

And yet, you must agree that even Solomon, when dressed in his finest, never looked as good.

I think the message her is that God looks at the heart. Some Christians can cover all their bodies yet there is no transformation. So that is call self righteousness which has nothing to do with the righteousness that God imputes on us each time we obey Him.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
Bolded:

Huh? undecided
gringringringringringrin
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 1:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
Elijah78:

Hear what Jesus said in Matt 6: 27-29

And why should you worry about your appearance? The latest fashions don’t make you look any different. Don’t you understand you look the same to your Father, regardless of what you’re wearing?

So why should you be concerned about clothing? Look at the wildflowers in the fields. They don’t worry about such trivial things.

And yet, you must agree that even Solomon, when dressed in his finest, never looked as good.

I think the message her is that God looks at the heart. Some Christians can cover all their bodies yet there is no transformation. So that is call self righteousness which has nothing to do with the righteousness that God imputes on us each time we obey Him.

OFF POINT.

So you can dress like a strumpet to Church coz God dont judge with your look but inward mind huh undecided
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by mbaemeka(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
Let me get the import of the OPs post. Is it that while a woman is driving her car and per adventure an accident is about to ensue, she is to quickly put a covering over her head before praying?

God is not petty. . .

Paul said a woman is to cover her HEAD while praying or prophesying.

The question we should ask Paul is why so? And the answer he gave is in scripture. Paul said to honour her husband BECAUSE of the ANGELS. (This clearly shows it is spiritual).

ANGELS are spirit-beings that are trained to respect authority. A low ranking angel will (for example) not disrespect a high ranking 'demon'. That is how much given to following authorities they are. Angels respond to humans as much as we respond to spiritual authority.

So Paul is saying a woman is to cover head in respect for her husband so that angels will see that she respects his authority and in turn they will respect her own authority too.

You have to understand that the head covering is similar to wearing a wedding ring today. The covering shows she belongs to a man I.e she has a husband or is married. And remember that Paul was writing to middle easterners of his day- people who wore Hijabs to cover their heads. That's what he was referring to.

Also like Twosquare said, Paul also said if a woman has long hair it is also a covering for her HEAD. Paul didn't tell women to cover their hair he said HEAD. And he said the hair is also a covering for the HEAD.

He was simply teaching about authority and orderliness in the church. Period.

Selah!

2 Likes

Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Elijah78: 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Fynestboi:

OFF POINT.

So you can dress like a strumpet to Church coz God dont judge with your look but inward mind huh undecided

If you love God and are obedient to Him, you will definitely be descent in your dressing but note that descent dressing doesn't translate to a sincere heart. Yes you can dress like a strumpet to church, man will judge you but God looks at the intentions of the heart. okay what if the only dress you had was strumpet? You can see that even though King Solomon dressed in the finest linen, it didn't change the way God saw His heart
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by valnicholas(f): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sometimes I wonder why we argue over so many unimportant things_________we keep holding on to the outward form our religion(I'm not saying its wrong) _________2 timothy 3:5 but @ least it shouldn't be our priority..work in d inside,then from within it begins to bear fruit outside...study the bible,meditate on the word of God,the reason why we don't get d rhema of his word is because we read we don't meditate.may the Lord help us.... For this topic I'll recommend THE DIGNITY OF MANHOOD by BRO GBILE AKANI. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 5:56am On Aug 20, 2014
Elijah78:

If you love God and are obedient to Him, you will definitely be descent in your dressing but note that descent dressing doesn't translate to a sincere heart. Yes you can dress like a strumpet to church, man will judge you but God looks at the intentions of the heart. okay what if the only dress you had was strumpet? You can see that even though King Solomon dressed in the finest linen, it didn't change the way God saw His heart

@bolded is the only proper thing you have posted on here, others are just gibberish.
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Elijah78: 6:24am On Aug 20, 2014
Fynestboi:

@bolded is the only proper thing you have posted on here, others are just gibberish.

Just note that God looks at the intentions in our hearts which is spirituality! Man looks at the outward appearance which is religion
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Fynestboi:

Fynestboi, you banned me at at celebrity session till 2016, pls unban me na embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Fynestboi: 11:59am On Aug 21, 2014
firstEVA: Fynestboi, you banned me at at celebrity session till 2016, pls unban me na
undecided
Re: Female Not Covering Their Head In The Church Is It Biblical? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
Fynestboi: undecided
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Not Coming Again - Catholic Church Spokesman / What Do U Think About This Prayer Point @ RCCG FLOODGATE Camp? / How Can Psalm 137:9 Be Defended ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.