Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). (1866 Views)

Dunamis Distributes Food Items For The 4th Time (Photos) / What Does The Tearing Of The Temple Veil After Christ Death Represent? / Man Gets Erection After Christ Mercyland Prophet, Fufeyin, Performs Miracle On H (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ever since I got to know the real truth, I was surprised to hear people say that among the Ten Commandments of the Most High, that the 4th was abolished after Christ's death. Mind you that God wrote these commandments with His Holy Finger on Tables of Stones instead of on a scroll; so no one can erase or abolish it till Heavens and Earth shall pass away.
Let's take our Bible and read carefully the quotations that I will give below before you answer the question.
First, read John 14:15; John 15:14; 1John 2:3-4.
Then, here is the list of the Ten Commandment of the Most High seen on Exodus 20:1-17, but the 4th we will look into carefully.
The Ten Commandment:
1. You shall have no other gods before me.
2. You shall make no idols before me.
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it Holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife(or anything that belongs to your neighbor).
The 4th commandment says " Remember the Sabbath day ( Seventh Day Sabbath) to keep it Holy."
My question is that if you profane/disobey any of these commandments like stealing, adultery, etc; everyone will know you have sinned but why is it that among the Ten Commandment, it is only the 4th Commandment that many churches/people said it was abolished after Christ's death? So we need answers to this fact but before you answer this, copy and read this Bible passages below:
(Gen. 2:1-3); (Ex. 31:17; 16:4, 26-30; 31:17,18; 34:21); (Deut. 4:12,13; 5:22; 10:1-5); (Neh. 13:18); (Isa. 56:2,6,7; 58:12,13; 66:22,22); (Jer. 17:24-27); (Ezek. 20:12,13,20); (Matt. 12:1-13; 24:20; 5:17); (Mark 2:23-28; 16:1); (Luke 23:52-56); (Acts 13:14,27,42,44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2,3); (Rev. 1:10).
After reading these Bible passages above, you will know that none of the Ten Commandment was abolished not even the 4th.
I am not trying to judge or criticize anyone or church. But, if you can show me/us in the Bible where a Prophet, an Apostle or Christ himself went into the Synagogue (Church) and stood to read(the word of the Most High) on the First Day or another day of the week other than the Seventh Day of the week; I promise to offer you anything in the world even my own life. I am sorry to say this, I put it straight to you all reading this post this day that if you are keeping holy or worshipping on the First Day of the week. Then, you are ignorantly abolishing the 4th Commandment. I pray that the Holy Spirit will lead us all to the Truth. Amen!
Please, do comment below and also share this fact to save a soul.
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by pointblank247(m): 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
NO. WHO SO EVER TELL YOU THAT THE FOURTH COMMANDMENT WAS ABOLISHED IS A BIBLE ILLITRATE.

2 Likes

Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44, skydancer, come and read and know the real truth. Truth and nothing but the Truth.
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by antispexish(m): 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
NatureBoy91:
Ever since I got to know the real truth, I was surprised to hear people say that among the Ten Commandments of the Most High, that the 4th was abolished after Christ's death. Mind you that God wrote these commandments with His Holy Finger on Tables of Stones instead of on a scroll; so no one can erase or abolish it till Heavens and Earth shall pass away.
Let's take our Bible and read carefully the quotations that I will give below before you answer the question.
First, read John 14:15; John 15:14; 1John 2:3-4.
Then, here is the list of the Ten Commandment of the Most High seen on Exodus 20:1-17, but the 4th we will look into carefully.
The Ten Commandment:
1. You shall have no other gods before me.
2. You shall make no idols before me.
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it Holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife(or anything that belongs to your neighbor).
The 4th commandment says " Remember the Sabbath day ( Seventh Day Sabbath) to keep it Holy."
My question is that if you profane/disobey any of these commandments like stealing, adultery, etc; everyone will know you have sinned but why is it that among the Ten Commandment, it is only the 4th Commandment that many churches/people said it was abolished after Christ's death? So we need answers to this fact but before you answer this, copy and read this Bible passages below:
(Gen. 2:1-3); (Ex. 31:17; 16:4, 26-30; 31:17,18; 34:21); (Deut. 4:12,13; 5:22; 10:1-5); (Neh. 13:18); (Isa. 56:2,6,7; 58:12,13; 66:22,22); (Jer. 17:24-27); (Ezek. 20:12,13,20); (Matt. 12:1-13; 24:20; 5:17); (Mark 2:23-28; 16:1); (Luke 23:52-56); (Acts 13:14,27,42,44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2,3); (Rev. 1:10).
After reading these Bible passages above, you will know that none of the Ten Commandment was abolished not even the 4th.
Please, do comment below and also share this fact to save a soul.
op, a beg which church abolish am, how did they abolish it.
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2016
antispexish:

op, a beg which church abolish am, how did they abolish it.

Some churches which I won't mention names but also if you keep the first day(Sunday) holy instead of the Seventh Day( Saturday), then you are among such fold.
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by antispexish(m): 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
NatureBoy91:

Some churches which I won't mention names but also if you keep the first day(Sunday) holy instead of the Seventh Day( Saturday), then you are among such fold.

therefore there fit be probability that no church abolished the 4th commanded , since no name can be giving.
wait,, please clarify, those who keep Sunday holy are among which fold, the abolishing fold or the non abolishing fold?
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
antispexish:

therefore there fit be probability that no church abolished the 4th commanded , since no name can be giving.
wait,, please clarify, those who keep Sunday holy are among which fold, the abolishing fold or the non abolishing fold?

Abolishing fold as you mentioned. Note that I am not judging but the bible is there for teaching, reproving and to correct. If you fail to keep the seventh day sabbath holy and by keeping it on the first day, you have ignorantly abolished the 4th commandment.

1 Like

Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Splinz(m): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2016
NatureBoy91:

Abolishing fold as you mentioned. Note that I am not judging but the bible is there for teaching, reproving and to correct. If you fail to keep the seventh day sabbath holy and by keeping it on the first day, you have ignorantly abolished the 4th commandment.

They'd tell you the first day of the week is kept because Christ resurrected on Sunday (false; Christ didn't resurrect on sunday. Even if He did, where & when did He said the Sabbath should be change to sunday?). Or they'd say "You know, we're no longer under the law but grace. So it doesn't matter which day you keep". And the list goes on...

I tell you. They're nothing but children of lawlessness- unrighteousness (Rom. 7:12).
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2016
Splinz:

They'd tell you the first day of the week is kept because Christ resurrected on Sunday (false; Christ didn't resurrect on sunday. Even if He did, where & when did He said the Sabbath should be change to sunday?). Or they'd say "You know, we're no longer under the law but grace. So it doesn't matter which day you keep". And the list goes on...

I tell you. They're nothing but children of lawlessness- unrighteousness (Rom. 7:12).

That quote is for those who kept the law is under grace because all have sinned and come short of glory of the Most High. So they will be counted righteous because of grace if not it(grace) our righteousness can't take us anywhere. But if u don't keep the law, u are still under the law and not under grace.
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
Is like Lalasticlala, Seun are afraid to read the truth, listen to it and share. Remember, it's better you didn't hear than to hear and ignore the Truth.
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Auki: 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
NatureBoy91:
Is like Lalasticlala, Seun are afraid to read the truth, listen to it and share. Remember, it's better you didn't hear than to hear and ignore the Truth.

# Calling Jesus as God, son of God or partner to God is violation of first commandments.
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:07am On Nov 19, 2016
The Sabbath day was not abolished, it was fulfilled.
Moreover people under Judaism still observe the Sabbath day.
That being said we are supposed to worship our God every day, not just one day. The Sabbath being a day of rest has already been taken care of.
Luke 14.5

2 Likes

Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by antispexish(m): 10:23am On Nov 19, 2016
NatureBoy91:

okay, one part is clarified, now how do we know that the seventh day is Saturday and not sunday or any other day (to the Jews), customer I thought the Jews observe this sabbath on Friday!

Secondly, those who worship on Sunday, dem tell you say it's because of the sabbath?
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by DLondonboiy: 10:55am On Nov 19, 2016
who be these cele people again

1 Like

Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
Sorry to say this, I am not trying to judge or criticize anyone or church but to reprove them. If you ever show me in the Bible where a Prophet, an Apostle or Christ himself went into the Synagogue (Church) and stood to read(the word of the Most High) on the First Day of the week; I will offer you anything in the world even my own life. But, I put it straight to you all reading this post this day that if you are keeping or worshipping The Almighty on the First Day or another day of the week rather than the Seventh Day of the week. Then, you are ignorantly abolishing the 4th Commandment but I pray that the Holy Spirit will lead us all to the Truth. Amen
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Goshen360(m): 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
The whole 10 commandments had been abolished including the 4th commandment you, the OP is promoting for Christians. A step by step systematic approach will be fine to do justice. We took too many years trying to explain the basic to Christians.
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Kalatium(m): 10:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
Goshen360:
The whole 10 commandments had been abolished including the 4th commandment you, the OP is promoting for Christians. A step by step systematic approach will be fine to do justice. We took too many years trying to explain the basic to Christians.
Who told you it has been abolished?
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Goshen360(m): 12:10am On Nov 20, 2016
Kalatium:

Who told you it has been abolished?

Bible, the scriptures!
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Kalatium(m): 12:36am On Nov 20, 2016
Goshen360:

Bible, the scriptures!
Which book?
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by toshino4real(m): 8:32am On Nov 20, 2016
Goshen360:
That means we can commit adultery, have other gods, hmmm, find a better lie uncle
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 20, 2016
Mods: Seun, Lalasticlala, today is Sunday. Please, do the needful!
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 20, 2016
Goshen360:

Sir, are you an Atheist?
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Goshen360(m): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
NatureBoy91:

Sir, are you an Atheist?

No, I'm not! I have been here for a while and we still trying to teach folks the basics of Christianity. So unfortunate.
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Goshen360(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
toshino4real:

That means we can commit adultery, have other gods, hmmm, find a better lie uncle

When I make the kind of statement you quoted, many responses is the same as yours. No! It doesn't mean you can or should commit adultery and does mean have other gods. What it means is, YOU DON'T NEED THE TEN COMMANDMENTS TO GUIDE YOU NO MORE AS A CHRISTIAN NOT TO DO THOSE THINGS CONTAINED IN THE 10 COMMANDMENTS, you need the Spirit to guide you.

Joseph didn't have the 10 commandments before he refused fornication with Potipher wife. Enoch and Noah and Job didn't have the 10 before they all walked upright and eschew evil. You don't need the 10 commandments to tell you what's right or wrong, YOU NEED THE SPIRIT OF GOD. As many are controlled by the Spirit are the sons and daughters of God
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by ayoku777(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2016
This is a post from another thread. It is a comprehensive explanation on the law and the ten commandments versus the Spirit and Love.

ayoku777:
THE PURPOSE OF THE LAW

Salvation by Grace through faith was NEVER plan B as many seem to think. It wasn't as if God thought the law would work at first, then when He discovered it wouldn't work, He decided to opt for plan B, which is grace through faith in Christ's death and resurrection. NO!

The law was never intended by God from the beginning to be the standard for attaining justification and righteousness in His kingdom or for receiving the promise of the Spirit and eternal life.

There is no law you can keep and no commandment you can obey that can justify you before God or make you righteous by the standard of His kingdom.

Romans 3v20 -Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Even if you were able to obey all the commandments, you still will not receive the promise of the Spirit or eternal life.

Galatians 3v21 -Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

And this was not a later discovery to God, He knew this was the case from the beginning.

Acts 15v11 -But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

v18 - Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

God knew from the beginning of the world, that salvation, justification and eternal life would be by grace, through faith in the death and resurrection of Christ.

That was why the lamb of God was slain from the foundation of the world.

Rev 13v8 -...the lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

And remission through His blood foreordained before the foundation of the world.

1Peter 1v19-20 -But with the precious blood of Christ, as of the lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was FOREORDAINED before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.

The law was given to bring men to the end of themselves and then introduce them to God's saviour -Jesus Christ.

Galatians 3v24 -Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

It was given to shut men up, silence their pride, and bring them to the end of their self-righteousness and then introduce them to God's righteousness, which is through faith in Christ.

Romans 3v19 -Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

So that God can now introduce us to His righteousness, which is by faith in Christ Jesus

v21 -But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

v22  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Secondly, the law was a prison to restrain transgressors, pending when faith in Christ would bring the cure to sin through Christ's death and resurrection.

Gal 3v19 -Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made;

Its like when there is a zombie apocalypse or a disease epidemic, and those infected are contained and restrained in a prison or a containment facility, while scientists are working on a cure. That is the law.

Gal 3v23 -But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up (or imprisoned) unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

The law is not the cure to sin, it was just a prison, a containment facility for transgressors, pending when faith in Christ, through His death and resurrection would bring the cure to sin.

Galatians 3v21 -Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

v22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Only through the blood of Christ do we have remission for sins. Only through faith in His death and resurrection are we imputed with the life of Christ and the gift of righteousness. And only by being filled and led of His Spirit do we work out that life of Christ and the righteousness.

Galatians 3v25 - But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

v26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Trying to preach the law to those who now have the Spirit, is tantamount to keeping those who have been cured still under containment.

1Timothy 1v7 -Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

v8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

v9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, ...

So what do we preach to the new creation? We preach the new commandment -LOVE.

John 13v34 - A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Love is the new commandment for the new creation. That is what we preach through Christ to the new creation and walk in as new creation.

And how do we obey and walk in love? Is it by struggling and pretending to fake or force the love? No! It is by surrendering to the Spirit.

Romans 5v5 -And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit that we've already been given. Every christian who has the Spirit, has by default, the ability to love God and love like God, through the Spirit. We only need to learn surrender to that Spirit.

But wait a minute, are you trying to tell us that we don't need to keep the ten commandments anymore? Yes, that's exactly what I am saying!

Jesus called love the new commandment. When God calls one new, it is because He has made the former old and obsolete.

Hebrews 8v13 - By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

God does not bring in the new to run with the old, He brings in the new to replace the former.

Hebrews 10v9 -Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Hebrews 7v18 - The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless.

Ephesians 2v15 - He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups.

So yes, that's exactly what I am saying. We don't need the ten commandments anymore. We are to be Spirit filled and led now, as the new creation. We are to practise surrender to the Spirit.

Romans 7v6 - But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

The more we learn how to stay filled and led of the Spirit, the more the love-life of Christ becomes our natural lifestyle -even without the ten commandments.

You can't be led of the Spirit and of the law at the same time.

Galatians 5v18 -But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Carnal christians don't need the ten commandments, they need surrender to the Holy Spirit. The love of Christ is not shed in our hearts by the ten commandments. Infact legalistic christians tend to be the most loveless set of people.The love of Christ is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 5v16 -This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

He didn't say "Do not fulfil the lust of the flesh, and ye shall walk in the Spirit". He said "Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh".

If you walk in love by walking in the Spirit, you won't need any ten commandments to tell you not to cheat on you wife, or not to commit murder, or not to bear false witness against your neighgour. The love of God shed abroad in your heart by the Holy Spirit will constrain you.

2Cor 5v14 - For the love of Christ constraineth us; ...

Joseph lived centuries before Moses, yet he didn't need any ten commandments to make him flee fornication with potipher's wife. His love for God and His master constrained Him.

Genesis 39v9 -There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

The law and the ten commandments are not against the Spirit and love. But they don't walk together or work hand-in-hand either. When the Spirit and the love comes, the law and the ten should step back. Just as Moses and Elijah (the law and the prophet) disappeared on the mount of transfiguration -leaving only Jesus (grace).

Mark 9v8 -And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man anymore, SAVE JESUS ONLY with themselves.

To be Spirit filled and led is the way to obey the new commandment of LOVE. If we practise surrender to the Spirit, we will love God, and love men like God.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Ubenedictus(m): 9:24am On Nov 21, 2016
the whole old testament laws and ordinances has been totally fulfilled and set aside/abolised and stripped of judical power to compel.

1 Like

Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
Cc: OAM4J
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2016
Hi NatureBoy91,
How long have you been in the truth?
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2016
MsLady39:
Hi NatureBoy91,
How long have you been in the truth?
The question should be, how long have I known the truth?
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
NatureBoy91:
The question should be, how long have I known the truth?

Okay..how long have you known the truth?
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by oprajo(m): 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2016
the law has been abolished and it's not God's best.
take for instance
the law says thou shalt not committ adultery but simply because you don't committ adultery doesn't mean you love your wife.
the law tries to cure the symptom but can't cure the disease; GRACE DOES. UNDER GRACE WE ARE LED BY THE SPIROT NOT THE LAW
Re: Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). by oprajo(m): 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2016
the law has been abolished and it's not God's best.
take for instance
the law says thou shalt not committ adultery but simply because you don't committ adultery doesn't mean you love your wife.
the law tries to cure the symptom but can't cure the disease; GRACE DOES. UNDER GRACE WE ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT NOT THE LAW

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian / Why Did God Allow My Mother To Die So Young / Why Give Birth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.