Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an (1803 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Facts in Koran Muslim, Jesus Is Your God, And He Is Your Only Way To Escape Hell / Weird Facts In The Book Of Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by onetrack(m): 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: like i said google it. The fact that u haven't come accross it doesn't mean they don't exist. They do exist n i've come accross some.. please read wide

I did google it. All I found were Muslim sites that claimed that Jews believe that Ezra is 'the son of God'. I can't find even a single Jewish site which makes this claim.

2 Likes

Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by onetrack(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: U mean no christian worship mary? Wow! where are u from? Are u for real? I have been in personal contact with such christians n u tell me they don't exist?

I was a Christian, though I am now atheist. I studied Christianity, including the various divisions and the history of Christianity. I have never come across a Christian group of any size which claims that Mary was a goddess.

2 Likes

Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
onetrack:

I was a Christian, though I am now atheist. I studied Christianity, including the various divisions and the history of Christianity. I have never come across a Christian group of any size which claims that Mary was a goddess.
Well u have never came across any doesn't mean they don't exist. I belong to many religious debate groups on facebook n i've come across many christians who go as far as calling other christians with different faiths disbelievers. I've come across many who say mary is greater than god cos she's the mother of god n deserves to be worshipped. I don't say something i've never came in contact with
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
onetrack:

I did google it. All I found were Muslim sites that claimed that Jews believe that Ezra is 'the son of God'. I can't find even a single Jewish site which makes this claim.
I didn't say site, i said books
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: I didn't say site, i said books
Name of the books? undecided
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
Emusan:

NO Christians worship Mary if you don't understand it ask a Catholic member.
Is it ignorance or what? Please google this n tell me No christians worship mary. Many christians wrote articles against those christians who worship mary n even proved that there are indeed christians who worship mary. E.g. A christian wrote n article that Bishop Alphonse de Ligouri is more responsible for promoting the worship of mary. That he wrote a book called "The Glories of Mary". This book ask people to pray to mary n also states that there is no salvation outside mary. Apart from that, that the catechism of the catholic church went as far as calling mary sinless n is the co-mediator to whom we can entrust all our cares and pettitions(catechism 968-970, 2677, 411, 493). Please if u are oblivious to somethings doesn't mean that the ones who are not are bluffing. I don't states things without proofs!
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:
grin grin.
You believe that sh.it? grin grin
U don't? Thats unfortunate, i don't even think u believe in God not to talk of his powers. Well i tried
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:
rolling on the floor laughing my arse out grin grin
Abeg no kill me. I never marry. grin grin
Abi o....here is another one. How come the stars are said to be in the sky n planes are in the sky but yet has never been close to the stars?
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Macelliot(m): 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: And for logical n scientific explanation of how the sky can, please do give save logical n scientific explanation of how sand turned to man, how rib turn to woman, how virgin gives birth n how a man accends to heaven.
Thanks for that! You made my day! With God, not is impossible.
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:
What. The. Bleep? grin
LMFAO.
Let me post the verse again.

Qur'an 71:16
Find out the meaning of "therein"
The verse never mentioned the word "reflect"
Yep it official u are confused. U don't always take things literary. If i said a house has a light therein n the electricity are its lamp, does it mean the house is the one shine on its own? The qur'an also explains eclipes, how is that possible if it meant it has light? If u take moon-light literary it means the moon indeed has light, n please on my last quote i asked questions u avoided, do answer.
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: U don't? Thats unfortunate, i don't even think u believe in God not to talk of his powers. Well i tried
Which god? There are over 10,000.
How come you believe in Allah, but not in the remaining 9,999?

1 Like

Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: Abi o....here is another one. How come the stars are said to be in the sky n planes are in the sky but yet has never been close to the stars?
Says who?
Educate yourself List of Manned Spacecraft

List of unmanned spacecraft
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: Yep it official u are confused. U don't always take things literary. If i said a house has a light therein n the electricity are its lamp, does it mean the house is the one shine on its own? The qur'an also explains eclipes, how is that possible if it meant it has light? If u take moon-light literary it means the moon indeed has light, n please on my last quote i asked questions u avoided, do answer.

So some parts of the Qur'an are not to be taken literally? Noted.

Post the questions again.
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by truthman2012(m): 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
Spirit-beings, angels and demons are higher than man in power and knowledge. If they enter into anybody, educated or illiterate, the person will begin to foretell or say some hidden things by their influence. But because they are not omniscience, they too are limited in power and knowledge. This accounts for the reason the Quran has some accurate scientific contents but because the author, Allah is not the Omniscience God, it also contains many scientific and historical errors.

Muhammad, the prophet of Islam was able to receive the contents of the Quran from a spirit who introduced himself as Gabriel. Each time Muhammad wanted to receive quranic revelations, he would fall down unconscious, meaning he was possessed of Gabriel and so he was able to receive some things mysterious. Like I said earlier, because that spirit was limited in power and knowledge, his words contain a lot of errors.

Check out for some of the scientific errors in the Quran here: https://www.nairaland.com/1814257/quranic-statements-under-review
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:
Says who?
Educate yourself List of Manned Spacecraft

List of unmanned spacecraft
I educate myself thank u verymuch. If u say they have reach the stars before do tell the names n tell the number of years it takes to reach a star. Not forgetting my other questions please..*winks* lots of love
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:
Which god? There are over 10,000.
How come you believe in Allah, but not in the remaining 9,999?
Because my God is one
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Emusan(m): 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: Is it ignorance or what?

It's ignorance at your own part to force Qur'anic wrong teaching into another person's believe.

Please google this n tell me No christians worship mary.

I don't need to Google it I know what they claimed.

Many christians wrote articles against those christians who worship mary n even proved that there are indeed christians who worship mary.

Thank God that you said many Christian NOT WHAT THE CATHOLIC themself believe.
I put it to you, what did Catholic them self claim?

Many people both Atheist/Christian wrote many articles about Islam, do you take them serious or as a yard stick to judge Qur'an?

I'm a Christian but not a Catholic, and what Catholic usually claims is that THEY ONLY VENERATE Mary (like giving her honour-BESIDE anyway they venerated/honour her is left for them) BUT they don't worship her.

It's just so ridiculous that you want to force Qur'anic wrong teaching into their believe.
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: Because my God is one
So you're pantheist? [you believe in all gods]
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: I educate myself thank u verymuch. If u say they have reach the stars before do tell the names n tell the number of years it takes to reach a star. Not forgetting my other questions please..*winks* lots of love
Didn't you read the links?
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:

So some parts of the Qur'an are not to be taken literally? Noted.

Post the questions again.
Does it mean u took it literarily when it called the sun a lamp?
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: Does it mean u took it literarily when it called the sun a lamp?
You mean the sun is not made of fire like a lamp?
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Emusan(m): 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: Because my God is one

because you've made to believe it.

Check this thread out and see how Qur'an failed simple English composition, in fact as an English student give Allah mark for yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/1859103/quran-linguistic-miracle-problem
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
Emusan:

It's ignorance at your own part to force Qur'anic wrong teaching into another person's believe.

I don't need to Google it I know what they claimed.

Thank God that you said many Christian NOT WHAT THE CATHOLIC themself believe.
I put it to you, what did Catholic them self claim?

Many people both Atheist/Christian wrote many articles about Islam, do you take them serious or as a yard stick to judge Qur'an?

I'm a Christian but not a Catholic, and what Catholic usually claims is that THEY ONLY VENERATE Mary (like giving her honour-BESIDE anyway they venerated/honour her is left for them) BUT they don't worship her.

It's just so ridiculous that you want to force Qur'anic wrong teaching into their believe.
LOL we don't make claims without proofs. I gave proof so the rest is ur business. U said NO CHRISTIAN worship mary n i proved u wrong. I gave u the name of a book. U just don't want to accept, i did my own part, its up to u. Lol
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
Apatheist:
You mean the sun is not made of fire like a lamp?
Key word "LIKE"
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: Key word "LIKE"
So the sun is made of fire?
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by JonesK: 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: Are u trying to question the ability of God who created u? If u doubt He can make the sky fall indeed u don't believe He is Al-mighty. If u can believe He created man from sand how then could u disbelieve He has the power to make the sky fall? If u call this scientific error or say its impossible, do tell me the scientific possibility n explanation of how a sand can turn to man or how a virgin could give birth.

This is a ridiculous answer in my opinion. But let me just add that in my experience when any holy book talks about the sky falling, it is referring to meteors falling. I'm just saying.
Concerning virgin births, I do not know

1 Like

Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by JonesK: 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: What is the colour of the sky? How does it has colour? If its just a space, its impossible to have colour. How come space ships flys but never reachs the sky but is in the sky? How is it possible that scientist fly out of earth but has never reach the stars not to talk of the sky but are in space? How is it possible for a person to keep accending to sky in space but never reach the sky? How many scientists has seen n visited the end of the sky? Lol. What makes up the sky n what gives it its colour? So is it only objects n materials that has colour? Do tell please

To you, what is the sky? Is it the one you see when you look up or is it beyond that? Reply me and I'll attempt your questions

1 Like

Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Emusan(m): 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
Angel196: LOL we don't make claims without proofs. I gave proof so the rest is ur business. U said NO CHRISTIAN worship mary n i proved u wrong. I gave u the name of a book. U just don't want to accept, i did my own part, its up to u. Lol

Where did you prove me wrong?

Do you also know that Allah never condemned Christian Trinity? because you didn't pick up my challenge in other post.
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by truthman2012(m): 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
truthman2012: Spirit-beings, angels and demons are higher than man in power and knowledge. If they enter into anybody, educated or illiterate, the person will begin to foretell or say some hidden things by their influence. But because they are not omniscience, they too are limited in power and knowledge. This accounts for the reason the Quran has some accurate scientific contents but because the author, Allah is not the Omniscience God, it also contains many scientific and historical errors.

Muhammad, the prophet of Islam was able to receive the contents of the Quran from a spirit who introduced himself as Gabriel. Each time Muhammad wanted to receive quranic revelations, he would fall down unconscious, meaning he was possessed of Gabriel and so he was able to receive some things mysterious. Like I said earlier, because that spirit was limited in power and knowledge, his words contain a lot of errors.

Check out for some of the scientific errors in the Quran here: https://www.nairaland.com/1814257/quranic-statements-under-review

Muslims, no comment(s)? Good. Stop posting thrash henceforth, trying to deceive the ignorant.
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by malvisguy212: 9:21am On Aug 19, 2014
Angel196: Well u have never came across any doesn't mean they don't exist. I belong to many religious debate groups on facebook n i've come across many christians who go as far as calling other christians with different faiths disbelievers. I've come across many who say mary is greater than god cos she's the mother of god n deserves to be worshipped. I don't say something i've never came in contact with
you are a lier, mary is favour, not god, can you show me were the bible say mary is god?
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 4:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
JonesK:

To you, what is the sky? Is it the one you see when you look up or is it beyond that? Reply me and I'll attempt your questions
I'm not the smart one so i'm asking those who are smart n says God can't make the sky fall for some logical reasons, so i asked logical question which seems to be difficult to answer. Never mind answering cos no one can n this discussion is pointless. Make ur choices but remember the outcomes
Re: Scientific And Interesting Facts In The Holy Qur'an by Angel196(f): 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
Argueing in this thrend is just pointless... just going around in circles without archieving an aim. Hatred has blinded people from seing the truth. Had it been i had all the time in the world i would have acknowledge every claim within my knowledge but i don't. Debate seems usless cos of too much sentiments. Always remember that u are free to choose but u would never be free from the consequeses of ur choices so pray to make the wise choice. Lots of love...*thrend unfollowed*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Great Gospel Singer And Worship Leader Of All Time / What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! / Kingebukasblog And Misinformation; Zuckerberg Was Actually An Atheist Before!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.