Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Pray For Israel! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray For Israel! (4092 Views)

For Or Against: Christians United For Israel (CUFI) / Another Letter Received From Christians United For Israel. / Yesha Leader In Nigeria To Rally Support For Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pray For Israel! by m4malik(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2006
@carmelily,

i'd also like to add that there is a big difference between old testament jew, new testament jew, and the jews we have today.

and. . .

carmelily:

lesson 3: old testament jew=seed of abraham
new testament jew= every and anybody(OT jew, gentile, whoever) accepts the idea of "salvation through the blood of Jesus" as explained by Paul, the apostle.

This might be a new one on me, but I haven't seen the idea of an 'OT Jew' and a 'NT Jew' in the Bible. There's no distinction between an OT and NT Jew, for one is either a Jew or is not. Further, there are three classes of people delineated in God's Word in the present age in I Cor. 10:32 ~~

(a) Jews

(b) Gentiles (non-Jews)

(c) the Church of God (believing Jews and Gentiles).

Now Christians are made up of that collective Body where "there is neither Jew nor Greek" (Gal. 3:28, see also Col. 3:11). In the Body of Christ, God is not seeking to make Jews of people, but rather Christians made in the image of Christ (Rom. 8:29).

Perhaps, if at all there is such a notion as "OT Jew" as distinct from "NT Jew", there might as well be a case for "OT Gentile" as distinct from "NT Gentile". Is there?
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2006
@ carmelily,
so much for being civil.
Ok let's get down to points here since you think you can be heard by your much insults.

please, keep quiet so u stop committing more blunders.
u say there is no difference BUT there is a differnce. what kind of doublespeak is that?
i NEVER said cornelius was a jew, but the generality of christendom believes that after "receiving the Holy Ghost" like u said, God sees us all as his beloved children, the jews.
so, according to Paul, what did Cornelius become in the eyes of God after he "received the Holy Ghost?
what did Paul mean by there is neither jew nor gentile?
i blame myself for giving u more credit than u deserve, next time i'll break it down ABC for you

Please read English 101. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE OT AND NT JEW. The only thing that separates them is DISPENSATION! Please understand that word first before running off with half baked philosophies. The OT jews were under the law, the NT jews after Christ came under the dispensation of grace. It's not double speak, you seem to have problems with english!

Stop confusing chapters. Paul's "there is neither Jew nor Greek" statement does not mean that God has abandoned His people the Jews, it simply means that God now sees ALL THOSE BORN OF THE SPIRIT as the same, we now have access to same Holy Spirit. The gospel which once was reserved for the Jews now became open to EVERYONE that believeth. According to Paul? In case you forgot, Peter was the one sent to the house of Cornelius and NOT paul.

Please read Romans 11 - 1I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
  2God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

The Jews are still central to God's plan, He allowed them to be blinded so He could graft us, the wild olive branches, into the body of Christ.

carmelily:

@ carmelily

2. Seed of Abraham is the Old testament Jews only? How come we the gentiles are also refered to as the spiritual seed of Abraham? Have you read Paul's Agricultural treatise in Romans?

is Romans in the old testament? get my points clearly before u talk. i said OT jew only referred to the children of israel and not gentiles as it does in the new testament.

In no way are gentiles refered to as Jews in the bible. That there is neither Jew nor greek means we now have same access to the blessings that was once reserved or the Jews. Remember Jesus and the cyrophonecian woman? Mathew 15: 24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel
After His crucifixion, the temple veil was torn in two, that was symbolistic of the veil of partition being torn down and the eventual granting of access of gentiles to salvation.
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2006
:oso much hot air in here. i'm out. need some fresh air! grin
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2006
carmelily:

:oso much hot air in here. i'm out. need some fresh air! grin

There is no hot air in here, its because your shallow knowledge has been exposed for what it is. High time kids with half baked knowledge stopped bandying words on issues they are not well informed about.
Go read your bible again, you have serious issues when you begin to classify New testament Jews as both Isrealis and born again gentiles. So as you stand you consider yourself a New testament Jew too? how laughable.
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2006
me? jew? God forbid!
preach on, preacher!
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2006
carmelily:

me? jew? God forbid!

carmelily:

lesson 3: old testament jew=seed of abraham

new testament jew= every and anybody(OT jew, gentile, whoever) accepts the idea of "salvation through the blood of Jesus" as explained by Paul, the apostle.

undecided Is someone thinking straight here?
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2006
whoever told u i buy that? why was it in quotes?
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2006
carmelily:

whoever told u i buy that? why was it in quotes?

Dear, just in case you have selective amnesia, those two were culled from earlier posts you made. You seem to be tripping over your own foot innit.
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2006
i mean i don't buy the idea of NT jew" through the blood" that's why it was in quotation marks!
LOL! aren't u always spoiling 4 a fight!

and by the way, i still stand by the fact that we shud be praying 4 every innocent person caught in the conflict, not just israel. wonder why u took exception to that? that was the main point.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2006
carmelily:

i mean i don't buy the idea of NT jew through the blood rhat's why it was in quoteation marks!
LOL! aren't u always spoiling 4 a fight!

Ah grin
I didnt know you were off the high horse yet that was why i remained on the defensive. Have a handshake across the niger. Pele
I was confused by the OT Jew, gentile, whoever part.

But it's all good, sorry for the strong words. aye
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2006
did your wife just make you say all those things?
u never struck me as pacifist. was half- expecting bombs all night!
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2006
I very much am in support with praying for every single innocent soul caught in the Isreal-Lebanon conflict.

But you'd agree with me not everyone who plays the "innocent" card is truly innocent. Many are wolves in sheeps clothing and would readily line up as suicide bombers against Isreal. Hizbollah themselves make things worse by using the same "innocent" civilians as human shields.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2006
carmelily:

did your wife just make you say all those things?
u never struck me as pacifist. was half- expecting bombs all night!

cheesy grin

1. i'm not yet married.
2. those who know me are shocked that i can be so quiet. they expect to see a tough looking monster cheesy
3. I throw bombs only when i feel threatened by bombs too! cool
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2006
were all those women and children wolves in sheep's clothing?
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2006
davidylan:

cheesy grin

i'm not yet married.

i can understand why! grin
Re: Pray For Israel! by TayoD(m): 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2006
i can understand why!
Over to you Davidylan.
Re: Pray For Israel! by m4malik(m): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2006
TayoD, were you reading my mind?? cheesy

Hey you two - when are we expecting the bells? And please choose a good Cathedral, eh? preferably one far away from al the bombs!

Okay, I was teasing ya both; so please don't take it personal. Enjoy.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Drusilla(f): 11:46pm On Jul 27, 2006
Davidlyn,

Here are the verses:

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need that I write to you.
1Th 5:2 For you yourselves know accurately that [size=20pt]the day of the Lord[/size] comes like a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety! Then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail upon a woman with child. And they shall not escape.

Here is what you said:

In no way was 1 Thessalonians 5: 1-3 talking about the day of the Lord.

Re: Pray For Israel! by Drusilla(f): 11:48pm On Jul 27, 2006
I was trying to avoid this topic because of such reasoning. undecided
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 28, 2006
Drusilla:

Davidlyn,

Here are the verses:
1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need that I write to you.
1Th 5:2 For you yourselves know accurately that the day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety! Then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail upon a woman with child. And they shall not escape.

Here is what you said:
In no way was 1 Thessalonians 5: 1-3 talking about the day of the Lord.

Dru, i'm tired of arguing. pls do hold unto your belief.

May God shed His light of understanding, i dont know more than you do either. That passage in 1 thess 5 is talking about the signs of the end that will preceed the day of the Lord. Paul reminds them that though the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night (i.e no one will know), God will give them signs that will guide them to knowing their redemption is near. It is not specifically talking about the day of the Lord, its making a reference to it with regards to the prophecies that must be fulfilled before that day.
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2006
@ m4malik &tayoD:

olofofo! kiss
Re: Pray For Israel! by m4malik(m): 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2006
I should learn to hold my basket mouth and wait next time! lipsrsealed

Enjoy, my dear! grin
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 04, 2006
Jesus is Lord!!!.
I have just finished reading all the postings here.
For a while it felt like I was in Iraq dodging flying bullets from Davidylan,Dru and carmie.

I'm happy it all ended well.
The bible is always true.
so when are the wedding bells ringing lol.

2 intelligent people like Carmie and David,the kids would be geniuses lol.
I'll pray for Israel but I'll also pray for the innocent women and children(men also) in Lebanon.They have done nothing wrong.

Remember people that 40% of Lebanese are Christians,some of us may not know this.
(Even if they were all Muslims,they also deserve peace like eveyone else)
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 6:10pm On Aug 08, 2006
babyosisi:

2 intelligent people like Carmie and David,the kids would be geniuses lol

revolutionary geniuses! grin
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2006
carmelily:

revolutionary geniuses! grin

Hey carmie, what say you we start getting down to the business of bringing those kids to the world right away?

How are ya?

No bombs today! cheesy
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2006
davidylan:

Hey carmie, what say you we start getting down to the business of bringing those kids to the world right away?

i'm game! lipsrsealed

and about the bombs, it's a ceasefire 4 now.

saw u viewing my profile. LOL!
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2006
@ carmie,

how did you know i was doing just that? You must have teleguided sight! Couldnt help but comment, u're cute!
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 08, 2006
hey wait! On whose side are you at?

Isreal, Lebanon or the neutral "concerned for innocent civilians".
Re: Pray For Israel! by carmelily: 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2006
cute me! cool wow, thanx!

u wanna know the truth? i really don't care! got enough problems in nigeria!
ok, maybe just concerned about innocent lives.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2006
Hmmm
Re: Pray For Israel! by Yisraylite(m): 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2007
@ Topic
You Geniueses go check out this post, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-95499.0.html,

Salaam(Peace)
cool
Re: Pray For Israel! by olabowale(m): 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2007
@Davidylan: You are not even remembering to pray from the nation, where you bloodline came from. Nigeria, indeed yoruba blood flows in your darn gentile body. Nigeria gave you all the basic education you have made you capable of competing in the University in Rochester, NY. Wow!, you ignore this wholesome part of your life. Whereas, if you arrive in Israel, and claim your nonsense, the Jews (Yahud), will laugh at you and say that this is a madman!

This goes for you my friend, Nwando. Do not forget Igboland and her blood that flows in your body.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved / Photo News : Pastor Paul Enenche And President Jonathan At New Year Celebration / Teresa Mcbain; From 20 years as Christian Minister To Full Atheist, Her Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.