Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,360 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo (37587 Views)

Akwa Ibom Stadium, Nominated As World Stadium Of The Year (Pic) / New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) / We Sell Sports Equipment At Ehi Sports Mart National Stadium Complex Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by IGBOSON1: 11:27am On Aug 19, 2014
iwonbaoko: This project reinforces the case that the North are making ; some states dont have enough money while others have too much money and do not know what to do with it. The case of AK is particularly striking because most of its derivation comes from off shore oil. MY point is this the state creation process was quite arbitrary Why should AK have a greater claim on off shore derivation money than Cross River ; these are the same people in many ways. If oil were to be discovered off the coast of Lagos I believe Ogun state should have a claim but That is a LOCAL debate. On the National front if we are to continue as One nation this kind of disparity is wrong especially when it is being blatantly wasted and stolen Yes there should be derivation but there must be some mechanism of FORCED SAVING and INVESTMENT for future generations such as is the case in NORWAY. A stadium is just not a priority at a time of such suffering and insecurity in the country. If there is nothing to do why not save the money 60 billion would build 12000 at 5 million each and create thousands of jobs. This is just shameful but is exactly what happens when too much power is concentrated in one person. What about the Ibaka seaport he made so much noise about? Is that not more sensible than this?

^^^I may just as well ask Dangote to share some of his billions with me! I'd have a greater claim demanding a cut from his wealth than a northern state would have over Akwa Iboms God-given wealth!

Left to me, derivation would be 80% sef!....And anybody that wants to litter their region with unviable states and local govt's -with an eye on cornering more of Akwa Iboms oyel receipts- is more than welcome!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by ujoinme: 11:27am On Aug 19, 2014
more pic by brim time

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by ujoinme: 11:28am On Aug 19, 2014
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by ujoinme: 11:37am On Aug 19, 2014
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by jazzydee: 11:53am On Aug 19, 2014
Nice new images this stadium is really beautiful. Its not yet complete yet its beauty is outstanding. the quality of the construction speaks for it self.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by Atouke: 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
[size=14pt]Gov. Akpabio Has written his name in Gold all over Akwa Ibom State and there is nothing anyone can do about it, his legacy in the state will tarry for a long time to come.This is what Nigerian leaders should emulate, leave legacies behind not the lootcracy we experience with no meaningful impact.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by Leo81(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
jazzydee: The president did the inspection tour of the stadium while he was in Uyo to commission the $600million Uquo gas processing plant at Esit Eket LGA which has a capacity of 200million cubic ft of gas per day and is currently supplying gas to the state owned 191MW ibom power plant at Ikot AbaSi LGA and is also expected to supply gas to NIIP power stattion in Calabar and Alaoji and unicem in calabar also . The president also did the formal ground breaking of $1.5billion Jim Ovia's Quantum Petrochemical and methanol plant at Ibeno, and also commissioned the Goodluck Boulevard in Uyo.

more images of the stadium complex and other dignitaries shown around the sports complex.
AKWA IBOM ADO OK,Am proud of my state cheesy
jazzydee: The president did the inspection tour of the stadium while he was in Uyo to commission the $600million Uquo gas processing plant at Esit Eket LGA which has a capacity of 200million cubic ft of gas per day and is currently supplying gas to the state owned 191MW ibom power plant at Ikot AbaSi LGA and is also expected to supply gas to NIIP power stattion in Calabar and Alaoji and unicem in calabar also . The president also did the formal ground breaking of $1.5billion Jim Ovia's Quantum Petrochemical and methanol plant at Ibeno, and also commissioned the Goodluck Boulevard in Uyo.

more images of the stadium complex and other dignitaries shown around the sports complex.
AKWA IBOM ADO OK,Am proud of my state
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by Leo81(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2014

Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by tokaiki: 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
kennygee:

Okun

Thought as much. Okun oooooo!!!!
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^I may just as well ask Dangote to share some of his billions with me! I'd have a greater claim demanding a cut from his wealth than a northern state would have over Akwa Iboms God-given wealth!

Left to me, derivation would be 80% sef!....And anybody that wants to litter their region with unviable states and local govt's -with an eye on cornering more of Akwa Iboms oyel receipts- is more than welcome!

There is the emotional perspective and then the realistic perspective.
I agree with that idea if we decide to separate and I am all for separation but If nigeria was to separate would Akwa Ibom alone be able to claim the water from which the oil is being extracted and can they defend that claim? Will Cross river have a claim what about Cameroun and others. If we go through history and understand why Nigeria had to give back Bakassi we will understand that without Nigeria Akwa Ibom has no claim to off shore oil which they are now enjoying .
More importantly our constitution(1999) does not give AK any offshore rights and the Supreme court has pronounced on that. Derivation only applies ONSHORE
The current arrangement was a political compromise which is not in the constitution and that is what the North is using to divide oil producing states if we follow the rules AK will be the biggest loser and so any time derivation discussion comes up AK will sell out.
The question is this if Nigeria splits on what basis will we share the water resources.The answer is we shall all have to fight for it and it will be survival of the fittest with most of that money going to buy arms. We will still fight more wars I have no doubt simply because there are too many mouths to feed
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by Adesiji77: 3:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
jazzydee: last time i was at the site some months back they were working on the second floor of the building. I dont know what the current situation is. But here is a like to the state information ministry they are very quick in responding to inquiries about their state projects you can channel your question there: https://www.facebook.com/AKSMinistryOfInformation

Thank you smiley
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by trendiitee(f): 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
Adesiji77:

Thank you smiley
e pele ooo
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by ujoinme: 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
jazzydee: last time i was at the site some months back they were working on the second floor of the building. I dont know what the current situation is. But here is a link to the state information ministry they are very quick in responding to inquiries about their state projects you can channel your question there: https://www.facebook.com/AKSMinistryOfInformation
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by Jay2014: 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
Thank u sir for the building. God bless u. Nigeria will get there one day.
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by waleelite(m): 3:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
jazzydee: The 30,000 capacity all seated and all covered Stadium under construction by julius berger is expected to open on end of sept. 2014 in time for the state anniversary celebration. Mr President was shown around the complex by the State Governor during his recent visit to the state.

Truly Akwa-Ibom is working.

More is expected though.

http://simplejoe4x.com/signup.php?r=4
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by Charles1234: 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by Charles1234: 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2014
Charles1234:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RBQUHd7TEM#t=12[/img] Akwa Ibom international stadium access
road smiley
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Isn't that the same Akwo Ibom that celebrated 10 years of blackout?! Oh, my goodness! angry cry
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Charles1234:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RBQUHd7TEM#t=12[/img] Akwa Ibom access road smiley
Somebody needs to shoot that i d i o t like Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri ! That is not how to access road infrastructure! Some of these nuisances keep disgracing Nigeria all the time without having idea of the gravity of their silliness. Jeez! angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 20, 2014
all4naija:
Somebody needs to shoot that i d i o t like Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri ! That is not how to access road infrastructure! Some of these nuisances keep disgracing Nigeria all the time without having idea of the gravity of their silliness. Jeez! angry angry angry
That is what happens when one develops physical structures while neglecting human development! You haven't seen anything, most of them do not obey traffic lights. grin It is called uncommon transformation!
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by oduastates: 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
Inoknowbook: You guys singing the praises of Akwa Ibom should take a chill pill please. Further more, never make the mistake of comparing the state with other non oil producing states. The proper comparison should be with other oil producing states. Do you know that besides the regular monthly allocation Akwa Ibom gets together with every state, it goes further to get huge sum from the 13% derivation funds solely reserved for oil producing states? And from the records, Akwa Ibom gets a larger share of the derivation fund than other oil states. Do you know that the five eastern states put together, for example, does not get half of what Akwa Ibom gets as revenue from the derivation fund? Go and check the records, it is there for every one to see.

Mind you, i'm not begrudging the state, they deserve every penny they get. My only issue is that all these praise singing and comparisons with states that depend solely on meager monthly federal allocation, should be put in proper perspective. Get to know the figure Akwa Ibom gets from the feds, compare it with what other states, especially the non oil producing states, and conclude for yourself if the exercise makes sense in the first place. I believe that the proper comparison should be done with the states that gets extra funds from the derivative fund.

For the Akwa Ibomites, you will be doing yourself and your state a big disservice, if you do not endeavor to find out if the pace of development going on now in your state is commensurate with what it gets from the fed. Your governor may be a performing governor, but is the rate of development at par with the amount he receives? Ask yourself that.
Sure they deserve derivation on their oil but not derivation on the corporate taxes and VAT emanating from Lagos/ogun.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by Nellyd(f): 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
If you are a smart boy and a waec holder in need of a job as a sales boy in uyo, come to classic palace enterprise, 175 Aka road for an interview tomorrow, 25th August, 2014. Time is 4pm. Contact: 08063514001.
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by ujoinme: 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
oduastates:
Sure they deserve derivation on their oil but not derivation on the corporate taxes and VAT emanating from Lagos/ogun.
But lagos/osun Deserve a share of 87% derivation from oil derived from Akwa Ibom? shocked
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by LL9ice: 10:32am On Sep 11, 2014
Akwafinaaa: Ok Guys, the Gov actually said the cost of the Stadium complex was N60 billion last week on a Super Sport Documentary about the Uyo stadium, however he also said that the contract involves Julius Berger maintaining the stadium for the next 10 years so that it does not end the way of the other stadia in the country. So lets calm down, I am an Akwa Ibomite of Annang extraction. Cheers all
h8i buddy. we need to talk asap. hope ur the guy working with julius berger at the uyo stadium am i correct? hope am talking to the right guy. iv tried to send u e-mail but it looks like it bounced. can i have ur contact pls? i shud be at the stadium complex tomorow. its business and its serious
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by LL9ice: 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
ujoinme:
But lagos/osun Deserve a share of 87% derivation from oil derived from Akwa Ibom? shocked
afternoon. r u working at the uyo stadium complex too? i need someone who is pls. i have some important stuffs i wanna discuss
Re: Jonathan Inspects Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex Under Construction In Uyo by ubox: 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2020
Eyop:

Again thank God you've admitted that the governor said that. Do you know the reason why? The financial records of the state states so though #62Billion is what we have there and not #60Billion and he wants that to tally with what we have on record. There's nothing like Julius Berger maintaining the stadium for 10 years is just an avenue to cover up since it's already known. For your information too,i am 100% Ibibio and from Uyo LGA to be precise.

Cheers
Eyop

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kelechi Nwakali Reacts To Danny Drinkwater Leaving Chelsea / Luis Suarez Receives Bite From His Son After Barcelona Win LaLiga Title / Henrikh Mkhitaryan Marries Long Time Girlfriend, Betty Vardanyan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.