Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,624 members, 7,955,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:33 PM

Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error (8028 Views)

Saudi Crane Crash: Deceased And Victims Families To Receive 60 Million Each / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory / "Islamic Theological Schools Of Thought"-English Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by tbaba1234: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
malvisguy212: absolutely, because they cannot walk on the earth, this is time of the spirit of truth,when the rapture take place,all the saint including the spirit of truth will leave this earth,then satan will have to do whatever he wish to do, he may procreate, this is were the great tribulation begin. But now AS LONG AS THE CHILDREN OF GOD IS IN THE EARTH, SATAN HAS NO CHANCE TO PROCREATE.the children OF God IS the reason the spirit of truth is IN THE earth right now, but when the rapture happen, all the saint are taken,then satan will continue were he stop from the time of jesus death and resurrection.

So at the time of the giants, there were no children of God on earth.

The israelites at the time were not 'children of God'??

So satan is not on the earth to create giants ...

Ok o!! I hear you
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by malvisguy212: 1:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
tbaba1234:

So at the time of the giants, there were no children of God on earth.

The israelites at the time were not 'children of God'??

So satan is not on the earth to create giants ...

Ok o!! I hear you

yes,that why eunuch was taken,bible even give the reason why eunuch was taken, because the people wickedness is to much. do you think God will send down flood on his children's ?God even give them the grace to repent but the fail to here the noah.

The man of sin cannot dwell in a world of truth, first, the righteous will be taken just like eunuch, then the man of sin will reveal himself, the son of perdition , the fallen angel.

God has destroy this world two times, first , with flood, why? Because the wickedness of man is too much.nowadays, you see wickedness is abound, just like The day of noah. Second with fire, why? Because of homosexual, nowadays, homosexual has become rampant, everytin is becoming as it was from the beginning, am not agueing with you, but am preaching,I look for option, there is know better way to defect the devil than the way of JESUS CHRIST.thank you for your time.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Despite the fact that you claimed to be more intelligent, you couldnt comprehend the simple explanation addressed to you so far on this thread. Even a primary school pupil would comprehend the explanation, but your hatred for islam has blinded you, better still it has blocked your brain from understanding the explanation.

That was why i said you have to shine your brain, stop hating, wake up from your delusions and stop creating threads to attack islam, you cant just come here and display your ignorance when you know you will never understand explanation on them.

He already told you that the Quran tells us, we will have a different form in paradise and the hadith give us one of the feature. i wonder what is soo hard to understand here.

I wont waste my official time on you. I am too busy for that. Regards,
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by vedaxcool(m): 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
Empiree:

grin grin grin You wont stop making me laugh bro. You like Art or is it actually your profession or hobby?

Nah, I normally google this pix. grin grin grin
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
vedaxcool:

Nah, I normally google this pix. grin grin grin

Understood, but you seem to admire art
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
malvisguy212: you do not know what you are saying, I don't want to go deep here, anyway thank you for your time.

And what's stopping you from going "deep", holy spirit? grin cheesy grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
Empiree:

Noticed that too, he is kind of "farceur" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by zemaye: 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
vedaxcool: If this was a wrestling match thaba's move looked something like this, one hand na im thaba take destroy this thread!

Chai u bad gan

2 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 10:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
tbaba1234: You mean the same hadith that say Adam was 60 cubits tall in the heavens?

Adam’s height was 60 cubits in the Paradise according to the hadith and it does not say anything about his height after he landed on this planet.

Scholars like Imam Abu al-‘Abbas al-Qurtubi (died, 1273) and lately Shaykh Anwar Shah al-Kashmiri support this position.

This is an explanation from a scholar:

sixty cubits was the height of Adam in the Paradise and when he fell from it he became short and to this day of ours his children have not ceased to be on almost the same (short) height. And they will return to their original height when they go back to Paradise

- Mufti Taqi Usmani (Usmani, Muhammad Taqi, Takmila Fath al-Mulhim, Vol.6, p.158)

based on the hadith.

In Jannah, we will be that big.

And Allah knows best.

The hadith:

Allah's Apostle said, "The first group of people who will enter Paradise, will be glittering like the full moon and those who will follow them, will glitter like the most brilliant star in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their centers. Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in statute), sixty cubits tall in the heavens."

(Sahih Bukhari, Book 55 Hadith 544)
God created Adam on earth and not in heaven, the concept of Adam being created in heaven is only supported by hadith which many Islamic 'scholars' had claimed that many of its contents are fabricated and never authentic. If some hadiths had been claimed to be fabricated, how can you confirm that the Islamic theology of Adam being 90feet tall is not among the fabricated hadith since there is not any proof (aside the hadith) that any mammal had been up to 30 feet tall let alone human.

The bible accounts is that Adam was created on earth (and not in heaven) and was placed in the garden of eden, till he fell into temptation, hence was banished from the garden and was cursed such that 'through pain and toil he will eat' and the ground (earthly soil) was also cursed. So my question to you is this, did Adam disobeyed God his heaven or earth?
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
tbaba1234:

I will like you to explain this verse too:

New International Version
"Yet I destroyed the Amorites before them, though they were tall as the cedars and strong as the oaks. I destroyed their fruit above and their roots below.(Amos 2:9)

Malvis had already responded to you, check his response.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Empiree: Chei, true2god will be 60 cubits tall in afterlife. Isnt that wonderful? How tall are you now, 5'5?
The only escape route you muslims have on the issue of Adam being 90 feet tall was your fallacious claim, using a fabricated hadith, that he (Adam) was 90 feet tall, only in Islamic paradise, knowing fully well there could never be any form of human authentication to such lies. Keep deceiving yourself that you will be 90 feet tall when you die, you better start taking enough protein now to gain a reasonable size\height now, if you are not more than 23 years.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 10:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
tbaba1234: 90% of this guy's topics are about Islam or muslims... Talk about obsession..
I reason objectively and not dogmatic following a folklore told by an illiterate cave-man more than 1450 years ago. If I see any objection to the cave-man (mohammedan) lecture, I will create a thread to enlighten the gullible, who seemingly have a better intellectual capacity than the illiterate cave-man but will blindly follow him as a prophet (which he is not).
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by tbaba1234: 10:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
true2god: Malvis had already responded to you, check his response.

grin grin grin

You ascribe to that too...what a waste of
time..

Was hoping for something more reasonable
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
Empiree:

I know right. They love islam theology. They know it's the truth but there is a dark spot somewhere in their heart preventing them. Example are those Atheists fellas.
Do you like the 'truth' below:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the womenand said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?"
He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to
the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true
that a woman can neither pray nor fastduring her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion." (Sahih Bukhari 1:6:301) Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: The Prophet
said, "Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The
women said, "Yes." He said, "This is
because of the deficiency of a woman's mind." (Sahih Bukhari 3:48:826)

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: I observed prayer with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) on the 'Id day. He commenced with prayer before the sermon without Adhan and Iqama. Hethen stood up leaning on Bilal, and he commanded (them) to be on guard(against evil for the sake of) Allah, andhe exhorted (them) on obedience to Him, and he preached to the people and admonished them. He then walked on till he came to the women and preached to them and admonished them, and asked them to give alms, for most of them are the fuel for Hell. A woman having a dark spot on the cheek stood up and said: Why is it so, Messenger of Allah? He said: For you grumble often and show ingratitude to your spouse. And then they began to give alms out of their ornaments such a their earrings and rings which they threw on to the cloth of Bilal. (Sahih Muslim 4:1926)

[Muhammad said]: O womenfolk, you should give charity and ask much forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell. A wise lady among them said: Why is it, Messenger of Allah, that our folk is in bulkin Hell? Upon this the Holy Prophet observed: You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. I have seen none lacking in common sense and failing in religion but (at the same time) robbing
the wisdom of the wise, besides you.
Upon this the woman remarked: What iswrong with our common sense and with religion? He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence
of two women is equal to one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense. (Sahih Muslim, Abdul Hamid Siddiqi, tr., Number 142.)

The Prophet (the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: "Isn’t the
witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said: "Yes." He said: "This is because of the deficiency of her mind." Sahih Al-Bukhari, Dr. Muhammad Matraji, tr. (New Delhi: Islamic Book Service, 2002), Number 2658.

[Muhammad said], "O women! Give to
charity, for I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-Fire were women." The women asked, "O Allah’s Apostle! What is the reason for it?" He said: "O women! You curse frequently, and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. O women, some of you can lead a cautious man astray." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Dr. Muhammad Matraji, tr. (New Delhi: Islamic Book Service, 2002), Number 1462.)

The Prophet (the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: "I saw paradise and stretched my hands towards a bunch (of its fruits) and had I taken it, you would have eaten from it as long as the world remains. I also saw the Hell-fire and I had never seen such a horrible sight. I saw that most of the inhabitants were women." The people asked: "O Allah’s Apostle! Why is it so?" The Prophet (the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: "Because of their
ungratefulness." It was asked whether they are ungrateful to Allah. The Prophet (the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: "They are ungrateful to their companions of life (husbands) and ungrateful to good deeds." (Sahih Al- Bukhari, Dr. Muhammad Matraji, tr. (New Delhi: Islamic Book Service, 2002),
Number 1052.

[Muhammad said], "O women! Give to charity, for I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-Fire were women." The women asked, "O Allah’s Apostle! What is the reason for it?" He
said: "O women! You curse frequently,
and are ungrateful to your husbands. I
have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. O women, some of you can lead a cautious man astray." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Dr. Muhammad Matraji, tr. (New Delhi: Islamic Book Service, 2002), Number 1462.)

1 Like

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
@ Empire, these are also Islamic truth:

They question thee (O Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say: It is an
illness. (Bukhari Volume 7, Book 71, Number 646) Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet used to treat some of his wives by passing his
right hand over the place of illness. (Bukhari Volume 1, Book 6, Number 298)

This is ridiculous. Men passing a hand over menstruating women does not stop the course of nature, nor is
menstruation an illness. How to clean yourself after defecating, the Islamic way Apostle of God used to clean himself after defecation using only odd number of stones. That is the sunna (examples set by Muhammad).(Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 163).

You can verify the hadiths I posted above for authentication and see how reasonable Islamic truth sounds.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 11:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
Another cave-man lecture passed down as truth:

In the morning wash your nose from
inside as Satan urinates and defecates inside while spending the night there. Otherwise you will have runny nose all day besides possible nose infections.
(Hadith, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 516)
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 4:55am On Aug 19, 2014
true2god: The only escape route you muslims have on the issue of Adam being 90 feet tall was your fallacious claim, using a fabricated hadith, that he (Adam) was 90 feet tall, only in Islamic paradise, knowing fully well there could never be any form of human authentication to such lies. Keep deceiving yourself that you will be 90 feet tall when you die, you better start taking enough protein now to gain a reasonable size\height now, if you are not more than 23 years.

grin hehehe how do you differentiate fabricated ahadith from authentic ones?. Are you Islamic scholar now?. You get so obsessed with muslims now.

I do take proteins as needed. So i am 7 feet now shocked. God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will add more later grin

3 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 5:12am On Aug 19, 2014
true2god: @ Empire, these are also Islamic truth:

They question thee (O Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say: It is an
illness. (Bukhari Volume 7, Book 71, Number 646) Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet used to treat some of his wives by passing his
right hand over the place of illness. (Bukhari Volume 1, Book 6, Number 298)

This is ridiculous. Men passing a hand over menstruating women does not stop the course of nature, nor is
menstruation an illness. How to clean yourself after defecating, the Islamic way Apostle of God used to clean himself after defecation using only odd number of stones. That is the sunna (examples set by Muhammad).(Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 163).

You can verify the hadiths I posted above for authentication and see how reasonable Islamic truth sounds.

The verse of Qur'an reads: Sahih International
"They will ask you about menstruation. Say, 'It is harmful, so keep away from women during it. Do not approach them until they are purified of it, when they are purified you may approach them as Allah has ordained." (Qur'an 2:222)

Allah has only prohibited sexual intercourse for menstruating women and nothing else. The verse starts off with "They ask you about menstruation", which further emphasizes that only Allah makes such prohibitions in the Qur'an, which is the message of the prophet. The prophetic prohibitions are the Quranic prohibitions since Allah is the One Who provides the answers. "They ask you about..., Say..." are frequent occurrences in the Qur'an. The reason pointed out in the verse for the prohibition of intercourse during menstruation is biological i.e. "it is harmful" and no spiritual indication is given.

I believe the Hadith that you quoted has no correlation with this verse.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 5:23am On Aug 19, 2014
true2god: Another cave-man lecture passed down as truth:

In the morning wash your nose from
inside as Satan urinates and defecates inside while spending the night there. Otherwise you will have runny nose all day besides possible nose infections.
(Hadith, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 516)

You just being sadistic and jealous. The hadith reads:
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 516:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you rouses from sleep and performs the ablution, he should wash his nose by putting water in it and then blowing it out thrice, because Satan has stayed in the upper part of his nose all the night."

This is purity. You got problem with this?. There is even another hadith that talks about brushing teeth at night before going to bed. This is practiced in West. You probably dont brush your teeth before you sleep at night grin. That's dirty. You gotta clean the bush meat you ate all day. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 5:50am On Aug 19, 2014
Further...

What is important to know is that Allah does not consider women, his creation, as spiritually impure during menstruation anywhere. This is the root belief which has led to all the innovated restrictions we listed, even touching a copy of the Qur'an and studying from it as well as prostrating to her Creator is considered prohibited! One would appreciate the severity of this if it could be fully understood the huge role the Qur'an should play in the true believer's life, which is not understood by many people today. A believer reading this can imagine just how much Quranic wisdom she would be kept away from if she cannot come near the Quran for up to seven days! Another verse in which menstruation is mentioned is the following in prescribing the time period that should be considered before a divorce:

2 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 5:51am On Aug 19, 2014
"In the case of those of your wives past the age of menstruation, if you have any doubt, their waiting period should be three months, and that also applies to those who never menstruate. The time for women who are pregnant is when they give birth. Whoever has fear of Allah - He will make matters easy for him." (Qur'an 65:4)

Let us appreciate the detail in which Allah describes certain matters in the Qur'an where He deems it necessary. He has laid all the details needed in the Qur'an including details on menstruation. Allah permits believing women to carry out all the acts of worship He has recommended in the Qur'an even during menstruation, except for what he has forbidden in verse 2:222. If however, pain is experienced during menstruation, we apply our understanding of any ill person where Allah is Oft-Forgiving and merciful "Allah does not wish to place any hardship on you" (Qur'an 5:6), and follow the advice of verses such as this:

"If any of you is ill or traveling, then the same number from different days; and as for those who can do so but with difficulty, they may redeem by feeding the needy." (Qur'an 2:184) (Verse is in the context of fasting in the month of Ramadan)

2 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 5:52am On Aug 19, 2014
Bible on Menstruation

In the Bible we see a stark contrast with in the attitude towards menstruating women compared to the Qur'an. In the Bible, we find that 'spiritual impurity' is an issue with women in menstruation:

"And if a woman have an issue (her period/menses), [and] her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe [himself] in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe [himself] in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it [be] on [her] bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she [shall be] unclean. Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe [himself] in water, and be unclean until the even. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one [for] a sin offering, and the other [for] a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness." (From the King James Version Bible, Leviticus 15:19-30)

There is a great parallel in these very Biblical ideas and what is being practised. For example, menstruating women have been forbidden to go inside a Mosque, which is just like how the Bible considers any place a menstruating woman sits on to be dirty: "everything she sitteth upon shall be unclean". Or for example, she is forbidden from touching a copy of the Qur'an, which parallels with the Biblical idea that whoever touches something which a menstruating woman has been in contact with, he also becomes unclean: "And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean".

http://www.quranicpath.com/misconceptions/menstruation_islam.html

3 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 5:54am On Aug 19, 2014
Empiree:

grin hehehe how do you differentiate fabricated ahadith from authentic ones?. Are you Islamic scholar now?. You get so obsessed with muslims now.

I do take proteins as needed. So i am 7 foot now shocked. God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will add more later grin
www.nairaland.com/1501204/how-true-narrations-sahih-bukhari

The link pasted above confirms the unreliability of the hadith as a source of Islamic theology. The thread was created by your fellow muslim to debunk some teachings in the hadith, especially the ones that are harmful to the person of mohammed.

So if some hadith are regarded 'fabricated', it seems hadith is not a reliable source of information. And remember, the hadith used by the shia muslims is different from the ones used by the sunnis. And both sects do no agree completely on so many theological issues contained in the hadith.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 6:37am On Aug 19, 2014
Empiree:

The verse of Qur'am reads: Sahih International
"They will ask you about menstruation. Say, 'It is harmful, so keep away from women during it. Do not approach them until they are purified of it, when they are purified you may approach them as Allah has ordained." (Qur'an 2:222)

Allah has only prohibited sexual intercourse for menstruating women and nothing else. The verse starts off with "They ask you about menstruation", which further emphasizes that only Allah makes such prohibitions in the Qur'an, which is the message of the prophet. The prophetic prohibitions are the Quranic prohibitions since Allah is the One Who provides the answers. "They ask you about..., Say..." are frequent occurrences in the Qur'an. The reason pointed out in the verse for the prohibition of intercourse during menstruation is biological i.e. "it is harmful" and no spiritual indication is given.

I believe the Hadith that you quoted has no correlation with this verse.
I didnt write the hadith I quoted, it was written\compiled by Islamic 'scholars' as a reliable source of teachings of the Islamic prophet. If both teachings do not correlate, it is not my making, which also shows that the Quran can always be used to nullify any inconsisteny in the hadith.

So on the 90 feet tall of adam, as taught in the hadith, cannot be trusted as a truth since many hadith teachings contradict the quran.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 7:01am On Aug 19, 2014
Empiree:

You just being sadistic and jealous. The hadith reads:
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 516:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you rouses from sleep and performs the ablution, he should wash his nose by putting water in it and then blowing it out thrice, because Satan has stayed in the upper part of his nose all the night."

This is purity. You got problem with this?. There is even another hadith that talks about brushing teeth at night before going to bed. This is practiced in West. You probably dont brush your teeth before you sleep at night grin. That's dirty. You gotta clean the bush meat you ate all day. grin grin grin
I am being sadistic and jelous because I refused to accept a superstitous belief that the devil had stayed in the upper part of my nose all night? No wonder the hadith is filled with arabian superstitutions written down as a Islamic theology and accepted by a 21st musllim, hook, line and sinker, without questioning.

The yoruba mythology of 'Odudwau' falling from the sky, giving birth to 'lamurudu' and 'lamurudu' giving birth to 'okanlawon' etc will be refutted by Yoruba muslims, but the same yoruba muslim will believe that the devil had stayed in the upper part of their noses all night. Very ridiculous!

And please do not tell me that muslims\arabs introduce tooth-brushing to the world.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by vedaxcool(m): 10:04am On Aug 19, 2014
Empiree:

yeah to a certain extent.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by vedaxcool(m): 10:04am On Aug 19, 2014
zemaye:
Chai u bad gan

grin grin
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Dewze(m): 10:16am On Aug 19, 2014
true2god: Many muslims do not know that their hadith claimed that Adam was 60 cubic tall. However few muslims that had come accross that claim had spent considerable time and energy trying to proove the possibility of Adam being that tall as at the time he was created.

I would like muslims to proove, using facts aside quran and hadith, that their is a 100% possibility that Adam was that tall, as claimed by the hadith and the koran. This will help clear-up this gray area and also justify the compatibility of the quran\hadith with modern science.

Maybe Adam was a dinosaur.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Dewze(m): 10:19am On Aug 19, 2014
tbaba1234:

I will like you to explain this verse too:

New International Version
"Yet I destroyed the Amorites before them, though they were tall as the cedars and strong as the oaks. I destroyed their fruit above and their roots below.(Amos 2:9)

Three words come to mind: Figurative, comparative, simile.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by golpen(m): 11:01am On Aug 19, 2014
Further, the, Bible says Genesis, Ch. 1, Verses 9 to 13… ‘Earth was created on the 3rd day. How can you have a night and day without the earth ?  The day depends upon the rotation of the Earth Without the earth created, how can you have a night and day? Bible says in Genesis Ch. No. 1 Verses No. 3 and 5,…‘Light was created on the first day.’ Genesis, Ch., 1 Verses, 14 to 19… ‘The cause of light - stars and the sun, etc. was created on the fourth day’.  How can the cause of light be created on the 4th day - later than the light which came into existence on the first day?

Let a christian please explain this above if they can...

5 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by vedaxcool(m): 11:07am On Aug 19, 2014
^^^

The problem with Christians is that they like forming pseudo-scientists when in fact they have little or no grasp of what science has to say of the many stuff the bible claims, like satan taking Jesus to the highest point on earth and showing all of earths kingdom in its splendor - I am talking of the temptation of Jesus as written in the bible, the writer of the bible probably thought the earth was flat.

6 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by AbdH: 11:12am On Aug 19, 2014
golpen: Further, the, Bible says Genesis, Ch. 1, Verses 9 to 13… ‘Earth was created on the 3rd day. How can you have a night and day without the earth ?  The day depends upon the rotation of the Earth Without the earth created, how can you have a night and day? Bible says in Genesis Ch. No. 1 Verses No. 3 and 5,…‘Light was created on the first day.’ Genesis, Ch., 1 Verses, 14 to 19… ‘The cause of light - stars and the sun, etc. was created on the fourth day’.  How can the cause of light be created on the 4th day - later than the light which came into existence on the first day?

Let a christian please explain this above if they can...

Only if they could answer.....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy / Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims / Malcom X's Grandson Turns From Sunni To Shia Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.