Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error (7690 Views)

Saudi Crane Crash: Deceased And Victims Families To Receive 60 Million Each / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory / "Islamic Theological Schools Of Thought"-English Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by usba: 11:14am On Aug 19, 2014
true2god: I am more intelligent than you think, no boast. I am not sure you will do better if both of us are place on the same academic pedastal.

We are sharing ideas and equally arguing theological case that has no scientific backing whatsoever. Be civil when dealing with an anonymous, I have had the opportunity to hook-up with a nairalander and share business ideas.

Thank you!

Another rubbish thread from yours truly, . . ., let me guess the business idea was about setting up a church where you would fleece the unsuspecting, right? angry grin intelligent my shoes indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by golpen(m): 11:50am On Aug 19, 2014
The first point was that -‘The creation of the Earth and the Heaven - the universe was in six, 24-hour days.

Point No. 2 - Light was then before the source of light.

Point No. 3 - Day came into existence before creation of Earth.

Point No. 4 - Earth came into existence before Sun.

Point No. 5 - Vegetation came into existence, before sunlight

Point No. 6 - Light of the Moon is its own light

.Point No. 7 - The earth - Will it perish or will it abide forever?

Point No. 8 - The heavens have got pillars

.Point No. 9 - The earth has got pillars.

Point No. 10 - God said… ‘You can have all plants and all vegetation, including the poisonous plants?

’Point No. 11 - The scientific test the falsification test, of Mark, Ch. No. 16, Verse No. 17 and 18.

Point No. 12- Using blood to disinfect the house, against plague of leprosy.

Point No. 13 - A woman remains unclean for double the period, if she gives birth to a daughter, as compared to a son.

Point No. 14 – How do you find out the bitter water test for adultery?

Point No. 15 - Eighteen different contradictions in less than 60 Verses of Ezra, Ch. 2, and Nehemiah, Ch. 7. I did not count them as 18 different - I counted them only as one.

Point No. 16 - The total is different is both the chapters.

Point No. 17 - Are there 200 singing men and women, or are there 245 singing men and women?

Point No. 18 - Was Jehoiachin 18 years old, or was he 8 years old when he began to reign?

Point No. 19 - Did he reign for 3 months, or 3 months 10 days.

Point No. 20 - Did Solomon have 3000 baths, or 2000 baths?

Point No. 21 - Is that Basha, how could he invade Judah, 10 years after his death?

Point No. 22 is - Almighty God - He said, “I put up a rainbow in the sky, as a promise to the human kind, never to submerge the world again by water”.

these are from the debate between dr william campbell and dr zakir naik, where doctor naik highlighted these points and asked dr campbell to prove it, but the later said openly that he had no answers for them. i don't doubt that somw xtian in this forum might be more sound than dr campbell so they should try prove this points logically or scientifically. if not, maybe it's time they started asking their  pastors these questions qnd search for the truth, instead of lashing another man's religion.

thanks...expect a full highlight and references of these pointa in my next post for easy comprehension and research.

1 Like

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by golpen(m): 11:56am On Aug 19, 2014

1 Like

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by AbdH: 11:56am On Aug 19, 2014
^^^ Brilliant!!!
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 11:58am On Aug 19, 2014
usba:

Another rubbish thread from yours truly, . . ., let me guess the business idea was about setting up a church where you would fleece the unsuspecting, right? angry grin intelligent my shoes indeed!
Your blessings will not pass you by. Say 'amen'.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by golpen(m): 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
vedaxcool: ^^^

The problem with Christians is that they like forming pseudo-scientists when in fact they have little or no grasp of what science has to say of the many stuff the bible claims, like satan taking Jesus to the highest point on earth and showing all of earths kingdom in its splendor - I am talking of the temptation of Jesus as written in the bible, the writer of the bible probably thought the earth was flat.

are you minding them? ..all this ones are only church goers not christians .the xtians know about all these things. they are those that make up the church...without these lies they can't eat!

5 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
true2god: I didnt write the hadith I quoted, it was written\compiled by Islamic 'scholars' as a reliable source of teachings of the Islamic prophet. If both teachings do not correlate, it is not my making, which also shows that the Quran can always be used to nullify any inconsisteny in the hadith.

So on the 90 feet tall of adam, as taught in the hadith, cannot be trusted as a truth since many hadith teachings contradict the quran.

Helo dear, this is not about who wrote what. authentic or not. This is about 2 diff things you collaborated. Haidth you quoted talks about illness. Quran you quoted talks about menstruation.

Women doing menstruation is only harmful to men if intercourse involved. NOTHING MORE....men are advised not to approach women (sexual intercourse) during their period.

Someone sick is completely different story. I dont know how you managed to couple these.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 12:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
usba:

grin grin welcome back brother.

3 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by usba: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
true2god: Your blessings will not pass you by. Say 'amen'.

I will pass on your dubious prayer.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by usba: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin welcome back broder

thanks cheesy
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by abuhalima(m): 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
Knockout no. 2 by Golpen, May ALLAH bless you bro...waiting patiently for the 'great scientist' to come clarify the issues raised...

3 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by cloudstar: 1:38am On Aug 20, 2014
Rilwayne001: Exactly, have been following the other thread where you'v been argueing with them. i just feel like why dont you just ignore these loons

If you can't engage in spirited discussions - don't visit NL.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by cloudstar: 1:39am On Aug 20, 2014
Empiree:

Dont pay him no mind. Sometimes they should be ignored. He and Cloudstar have been bothering LagosShia on the other thread for days now over 90 feet (60 cubits). They want scientific evidence.

Don't we have evidence of dinosaurs. If Adam and the early humans as the Quran claimed were over 60 cubits tall; shouldn't we have some fossil evidence? I thought the Quran is a scientific accurate book?

2 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 1:58am On Aug 20, 2014
cloudstar:

Don't we have evidence of dinosaurs. If Adam and the early humans as the Quran claimed were over 60 cubits tall; shouldn't we have some fossil evidence? I thought the Quran is a scientific accurate book?

pls refer to tbaba initial posts on this , thanks
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 9:47am On Aug 20, 2014
cloudstar:

If you can't engage in spirited discussions - don't visit NL.

You should ban me for not engaging in a futile argument with some bunch of fooolz undecided

5 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 9:48am On Aug 20, 2014
dp
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Empiree: 11:57am On Aug 20, 2014
cloudstar:

I am not going to go over this again, please. We are human and our knowledge is pretty much limited compare to our Creator. As for what we know not we say "Wallahu alam" And God know best. You have to stop pounding on us.

Now regarding above claims, i don't think Qur'an makes direct reference to Adam's height. And as far as I know it was only reported in solitary hadith. I am not in position to ascertain the authenticity of a particular hadith. I understand your primary 'concern' is that no fossil of such gigantic human ever unearthed by scientists. Maybe instead of pounding on Muslims on NL to answer your question, you should join us in harmony to research the study. Muslims are not All Knowing. Only Allah is. We seek knowledge until we return to Him.

However, you can not deny that huge humans have lived on this planet earth. We see footprints of that.

HERE IS THE HADITH

The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation.(Sahih Bukhari, Book 55 Hadith 543)

The height of Adam was sixty cubits according to this hadith but other hadith reports clarify that it was so in the heavens.

The Hadith: Sahih Bukhari, Book 55 Hadith 544

"Allah's Apostle said, "The first group of people who will enter Paradise, will be glittering like the full moon and those who will follow them, will glitter like the most brilliant star in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their centers. Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in statute), sixty cubits tall."

Scholars like Imam Abu al-‘Abbas al-Qurtubi[1] and lately Shaykh Anwar Shah al-Kashmiri[2] have said that it means the inmates of Paradise will have the height of their father Adam who was sixty cubits in the heavens.

This clarifies the first point that Adam’s height was 60 cubits in the Paradise according to this hadith and it does not say anything about his height after he landed on this planet.

But if you are still looking for 90ft fossil in order to ascertain or disprove alleged Hadith, be my guest brother. You and I can mobilize a campaign, raise funds, and embark on probably, journey of no return. And if anyone asks us where we are going you should tell them we are looking for Adam's 60 cubits fossil. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by AbdH: 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
Rilwayne001: dp

Nice.

1 Like

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by cloudstar: 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
Empiree

I am not going to go over this again, please. We are human and our knowledge is pretty much limited compare to our Creator. As for what we know not we say "Wallahu alam" And God know best. You have to stop pounding on us.

Bros - all I am asking for is some kind of evidence.

Now regarding above claims, i don't think Qur'an makes direct reference to Adam's height. And as far as I know it was only reported in solitary hadith. I am not in position to ascertain the authenticity of a particular hadith. I understand your primary 'concern' is that no fossil of such gigantic human ever unearthed by scientists. Maybe instead of pounding on Muslims on NL to answer your question, you should join us in harmony to research the study. Muslims are not All Knowing. Only Allah is. We seek knowledge until we return to Him.

I think this is an honest statement. I am saying humans i.e. 90 feet tall that Mohammad referred to ever lived or existed; there should be some form of evidence. Is it possible they existed - perhaps. However, in the light that we haven't found a single evidence that they existed; we can say "for now" that the statement shows no truth to it

However, you can not deny that huge humans have lived on this planet earth. We see footprints of that.

I am not denying that huge humans lived on the earth. There are evidence of people as tall at 18 feet in 16th century France. However, 90 feet is way over the charts.

The height of Adam was sixty cubits according to this hadith but other hadith reports clarify that[color=#000099] it was so in the heavens.

Allah created Adam on earth and not in the heavens. So, we are sure that Mohammad was referring to Adam on earth.

Scholars like Imam Abu al-‘Abbas al-Qurtubi[1] and lately Shaykh Anwar Shah al-Kashmiri[2] have said that it means the inmates of Paradise will have the height of their father Adam who was sixty cubits in the heavens.

Again, did Allah say this or did some cleric say this? Who are we to believe?

This clarifies the first point that Adam’s height was 60 cubits in the Paradise according to this hadith and it does not say anything about his height after he landed on this planet.

That is not true. Adam was created on earth Bros, we have already determined that

But if you are still looking for 90ft fossil in order to ascertain or disprove alleged Hadith, be my guess brother. You and I can mobilize a campaign, raise funds, and embark on probably, journey of no return. And if anyone asks us where we are going you should tell them we are looking for Adam's 60 cubits fossil.

You have conceded that there is a slim chance of finding a 90 foot human fossil. I doubt that we would find any. But to explain it away and say it was in heaven is a direct mis-representation of the Hadith
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by cloudstar: 7:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
Rilwayne001:

You should ban me for not engaging in a futile argument with some bunch of fooolz undecided

You banned yourself when you started crying like a baby
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by Rilwayne001: 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
Can you guys now see the reason why i said argueing with these guys is a waste of time...

SMH.....

4 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
Dewze:

Maybe Adam was a dinosaur.
According to the mohammedic science and theology, Adam and early men just after Adam are bigger than an average dinosaur.

1 Like

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Dewze:

Maybe Adam was a dinosaur.
According to the mohammedic science and theology, Adam and early men just after Adam, are bigger than an average dinosaur.

1 Like

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
golpen: Further, the, Bible says Genesis, Ch. 1, Verses 9 to 13… ‘Earth was created on the 3rd day. How can you have a night and day without the earth ? The day depends upon the rotation of the Earth Without the earth created, how can you have a night and day? Bible says in Genesis Ch. No. 1 Verses No. 3 and 5,…‘Light was created on the first day.’ Genesis, Ch., 1 Verses, 14 to 19… ‘The cause of light - stars and the sun, etc. was created on the fourth day’. How can the cause of light be created on the 4th day - later than the light which came into existence on the first day?

Let a christian please explain this above if they can...

Quote those verses completely one by one, as explained in the bible, then we can discuss that aspect. Stop justaposing to get 'likes'. You wont be paid for that.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
vedaxcool: ^^^

The problem with Christians is that they like forming pseudo-scientists when in fact they have little or no grasp of what science has to say of the many stuff the bible claims, like satan taking Jesus to the highest point on earth and showing all of earths kingdom in its splendor - I am talking of the temptation of Jesus as written in the bible, the writer of the bible probably thought the earth was flat.
Isaiah 40:21-22, the earth is circullar. You can give a complementary quranic verse that says the earth is circullar.

Job 26: 7, the earth hangs on nothing.

1 Like

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by vedaxcool(m): 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
true2god: Isaiah 40:21-22, the earth is circullar. You can give a complementary quranic verse that says the earth is circullar.

How does this explains away the fact that the bible in the new testament stated explicitly that satan carried Jesus to the highest point on earth and showed him all of earth's kingdom in its splendour, something impossible in spherical earth but possible on a flat earth. And don't tell the author of job = author of luke? You make me laugh grin grin . Anyway has anyone notice our pseudo scientist duplicity when it comes to the OT and NT, when murder, rape etc happens they say oh well it is OT it happened long ago and the NT abolished the OT, but when NT pops out a scientific anamoly they rush back and use the OT to abolish the NT.

3 Likes

Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
golpen: The first point was that -‘The creation of the Earth and the Heaven - the universe was in six, 24-hour days.

Point No. 2 - Light was then before the source of light.

Point No. 3 - Day came into existence before creation of Earth.

Point No. 4 - Earth came into existence before Sun.

Point No. 5 - Vegetation came into existence, before sunlight

Point No. 6 - Light of the Moon is its own light

.Point No. 7 - The earth - Will it perish or will it abide forever?

Point No. 8 - The heavens have got pillars

.Point No. 9 - The earth has got pillars.

Point No. 10 - God said… ‘You can have all plants and all vegetation, including the poisonous plants?

’Point No. 11 - The scientific test the falsification test, of Mark, Ch. No. 16, Verse No. 17 and 18.

Point No. 12- Using blood to disinfect the house, against plague of leprosy.

Point No. 13 - A woman remains unclean for double the period, if she gives birth to a daughter, as compared to a son.

Point No. 14 – How do you find out the bitter water test for adultery?

Point No. 15 - Eighteen different contradictions in less than 60 Verses of Ezra, Ch. 2, and Nehemiah, Ch. 7. I did not count them as 18 different - I counted them only as one.

Point No. 16 - The total is different is both the chapters.

Point No. 17 - Are there 200 singing men and women, or are there 245 singing men and women?

Point No. 18 - Was Jehoiachin 18 years old, or was he 8 years old when he began to reign?

Point No. 19 - Did he reign for 3 months, or 3 months 10 days.

Point No. 20 - Did Solomon have 3000 baths, or 2000 baths?

Point No. 21 - Is that Basha, how could he invade Judah, 10 years after his death?

Point No. 22 is - Almighty God - He said, “I put up a rainbow in the sky, as a promise to the human kind, never to submerge the world again by water”.

these are from the debate between dr william campbell and dr zakir naik, where doctor naik highlighted these points and asked dr campbell to prove it, but the later said openly that he had no answers for them. i don't doubt that somw xtian in this forum might be more sound than dr campbell so they should try prove this points logically or scientifically. if not, maybe it's time they started asking their pastors these questions qnd search for the truth, instead of lashing another man's religion.

thanks...expect a full highlight and references of these pointa in my next post for easy comprehension and research.
pick a discussion one by one to make discussion better.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by golpen(m): 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
true2god: Quote those verses completely one by one, as explained in the bible, then we can discuss that aspect. Stop justaposing to get 'likes'. You wont be paid for that.

that is how some of you xtians are being misled... you are very lazy at getting out to face the reality. do you think I have your time? for me to start quoting biblical text here. besides ur d xtian with the bible check out the references, put up your defence or keep silent and search for the truth!

I don't know when people's likes have started lashing you strokes of cane.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by golpen(m): 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
true2god: pick a discussion one by one to make discussion better.

you pick anyone you feel you can try and we discuss it better.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
vedaxcool:

How does this explains away the fact that the bible in the new testament stated explicitly that satan carried Jesus to the highest point on earth and showed him all of earth's kingdom in its splendour, something impossible in spherical earth but possible on a flat earth. And don't tell the author of job = author of luke? You make me laugh grin grin . Anyway has anyone notice our pseudo scientist duplicity when it comes to the OT and NT, when murder, rape etc happens they say oh well it is OT it happened long ago and the NT abolished the OT, but when NT pops out a scientific anamoly they rush back and use the OT to abolish the NT.
These are what koranic allah said about the earth:

Qur’an 20:53 Who has made earth for you like a bed (spread out); and has opened roads (ways and paths) for you therein, and has sent down water (rain) from the sky. And We have brought forth with it various kinds of vegetation. quran 20.53 Jalalyn here also conveys the meaning of a flat earth as a bed: He is, the One Who made for you, as well as [for] all creatures, the earth a cradle, a bed, and threaded, facilitated, for you therein ways, roads, and sent down from the heaven water, rain. God, exalted be He, says, as a complement to Moses’s description of Him and as an address to the people of Mecca: and therewith We brought forth various kinds, species, of plants (shattā, ‘various’, adjectivally qualifies azwājan, ‘kinds’), in other words, [plants] of different colours, flavours and [different] in other ways (shattā is the plural of shatīt, similar [in pattern] to marīd, [plural] mardā, as [may be used] in [a phrase like] shatta al-amr, ‘the affair has become divided’). Qur’an 50:7 And the earth! We have spread it out, and set thereon mountains standing firm, and have produced therein every kind of lovely growth (plants). quran 50.7 Here is what Jalalyn says about this verse: And the earth (wa’l-arda, is a supplement to the position of the words ilā l-samā’i, ‘at the heaven’), how, We have spread it out, [how] We have rolled it across the face of the water, and cast in it firm mountains, to fix it in place, and caused every delightful kind, [every delightful] specimen, causing delight by its [very] beauty, to grow in it, Qur’an 51:48 And We have spread out the earth: how Excellent spreader (thereof) are We!
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by true2god: 9:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
golpen:

you pick anyone you feel you can try and we discuss it better.
Initiate one.
Re: Adam's 60 Cubit Height Claim: Fact Or Theological Error by golpen(m): 9:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
true2god: Isaiah 40:21-22, the earth is circullar. You can give a complementary quranic verse that says the earth is circullar.

then how would you explain the discrepancies between the two phenomena?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Ways To Prepare For Ramadan / The Story Of A Tested Man! / Holy Quran 5:55-tbaba You're Invited Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.