Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them (846 Views)

Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them / Israel Admits To Sterilizing African Jews To Prevent Births / Gallup Poll Shows Jews To Be The Least Religious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 18, 2014
A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem’s Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window. When the clergyman let the window down, the passerby spat in his face.

The clergyman prefered not to lodge a complaint with the police and told an acquaintance that he was used to being spat at by Jews. Many Jerusalem clergy have been subjected to abuse of this kind. For the most part, they ignore it but sometimes they cannot.

On Sunday, a fracas developed when a yeshiva student spat at the cross being carried by the Armenian Archbishop during a procession near the Holy Sepulchre in the Old City. The archbishop’s 17th-century cross was broken during the brawl and he slapped the yeshiva student.

Both were questioned by police and the yeshiva student will be brought to trial. The Jerusalem District Court has meanwhile banned the student from approaching the Old City for 75 days.

But the Armenians are far from satisfied by the police action and say this sort of thing has been going on for years. Archbishop Nourhan Manougian says he expects the education minister to say something.

“When there is an attack against Jews anywhere in the world, the Israeli government is incensed, so why when our religion and pride are hurt, don’t they take harsher measures?” he asks.

According to Daniel Rossing, former adviser to the Religious Affairs Ministry on Christian affairs and director of a Jerusalem center for Christian-Jewish dialogue, there has been an increase in the number of such incidents recently, “as part of a general atmosphere of lack of tolerance in the country.”...

http://worldobserveronline.com/2014/08/17/christians-jerusalem-want-jews-stop-spitting-2/
Re: Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 18, 2014
I hope Nigerian Christians who blindly support the zionist regime are reading this!

3 Likes

Re: Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them by 2cato: 9:48am On Aug 18, 2014
abubello: I hope Nigerian Christians who blindly support the zionist regime are reading this!
jesus said for our faith we ar going to suffer persecution and learn to bless those who persecute us. Should we then join u muslims in attacking the jews?
Re: Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 18, 2014
I said you should stop "blind support", is attack the opposite of blind support? Did I ask you to attack them, People who don't give a hoot about you, who spits on your co- religionists, and you think you should should reward them with blind support?

2 Likes

Re: Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them by rawpadgin(m): 10:26am On Aug 18, 2014
yet some pple still refer Jerusalem as an holy city

1 Like

Re: Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them by benodic: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
for me I do not see much difference between Arabs and Jews. they share the same ancestry and same mentality of religious intolerance and unforgiveness.

that is why they will keep on killing each other.
and these same Jews are the same people that Christians call the chosen people of God.
chosen people indeed.

1 Like

Re: Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
I wonder what black people see in Jewsus? Slaves!

1 Like

Re: Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
abubello: I hope Nigerian Christians who blindly support the zionist regime are reading this!

We Christian don't need you-abubello To remind us of our affinity to the jews.
Our bond is spiritual. Just as our faith is spiritual.
Jesus is a jew. Paul is a jew. Peter is a jew.
My humble self- zkososo is a jew in spiritual sense. We are all brethren. No vex
Re: Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
@ZKOSOSO But you are not a Jew?

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Miracles Awaits You At Christ Elects Convention 2014 / Mary Mary’s Tina Campbell Renews Her Vows After Forgiving Husband Of Infidelity / Allah Is Stone! Only A Living God Can Have A Son And Children (believers)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.