Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

President Jonathan's Failed Promises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Failed Promises (1056 Views)

NNPC Under Jonathan Failed To Remit N3.2trn, Says Auditor-general / Buhari’s Many Failed Promises - Vangaurd / Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan's Failed Promises by Rilwayne001: 9:49am On Aug 18, 2014
Allow me to explain that the presidential victory of April 16th, 2011 was a victory for Jonathan and not necessarily for the PDP, of which he is a part and parcel. Sadly too, many of those who trusted and blindly voted for GEJ have now regretted that decision cursing the day they thumb-printed their finger against his name. This should reveal without any equivocation that the elections were not driven by issues, but sentiments about personalities, religion and ethnicity – which GEJ irreproachably milked to his ultimate advantage. It is my opinion that as a nation we should grow our democracy to achieve a situation whereby persons win elections on the basis of merit and actual performance not.sentiments. It is sad to observe that of all the myriad of promises GEJ made during his political campaigns in 2011,he is still begging for more time.

Here is a few of the promises:

1. On March 17th 2011, in Dutse the Jigawa state capital, he promised: “If I win the election, within my four years in office, I will establish domestic airports in all the states without airports,”

2. On February 8th in Ibadan, the day he called some people "rascals", he promised to create jobs and improve the power sector. Where are the jobs and Nigerians are in worst blackout.

3.He landed in Port Harcourt on Feb 12 where he made a lot of promises, maybe to woo his Niger Delta people.He announced that the NNPC, in partnership with the private sector, would establish a petrochemical plant in the Niger Delta.He promised the plant would create job opportunities for Niger Delta youth. They are still waiting while he put finishing touches to the sale of refineries to his cronies?

4. February 17th,2011 he was in Plateau where he made amazing promises to refocus on the solid mineraldevelopment of the state and make it one of the key revenue sources in Nigeria, the Plateau people are still waiting.

5.On Feb 21,he was in Kogi.He promised among other things that the dredging of the River Niger and Lokoja-Abuja road dualisation would be completed verysoon.They are also still waiting.

6.In Kwara State on February 22, he pledged that the irrigation project in Shonga would be completed soon to boost the commercial farming activities of the New Nigeria Farmers in the area. Has he done this?

7.On February 24, Mr President pledged to rehabilitate all ailing industries in Aba.Abians can help verify if these have been done.

8..In Ebonyi state, he promised to dualize the Enugu-Abakaliki federal highway in addition to establishing a secretariat for ALL Federal government's agencies andparastatals in Ebonyi They are still waiting.

9.On Feb 27, he was in Asaba, the Delta state capital. On that fateful Sunday, he revealed that “The NNPC is developing a new programme that will absorb about 5,000 youths,”Tell me has this been fulfilled?

10. On March 2nd,he was in Ondo where he promised that roads and other basic infrastructure across the states will be developed in four years. In addition he also promised the exploitation of the vast bitumen deposits in the state for national economic development andemployment generation. How far about this?

11.On the same day, March 2nd, his campaign train was in Ekiti state. While there, he promised that more than N50 billion federal intervention projects were ongoing in the state.Ask Ekiti people.

12.On March 12th 2011 he was in Ogun State and he promised an improved power supply.He also pledged to build more refineries, encourage downstream activities.

Which of these promises has he fulfilled? So why does he need a second term? Is just to fulfill his constitutional right? This man called GEJ has been tried and he is untrustworthy."

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by Rilwayne001: 9:49am On Aug 18, 2014
To be continued
Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Ehnm,

rilwayne, the president of the federal republic of Nigeria is but a human. He's got his own shortcomings and mistakes (though I'm sure you were not expecting perfection of him) like every one of us. So the fact that he hasn't been able to deliver on all his promises is only evident of his being human.

And eh, if you take this time to write out your own failed promises and projects, I bet it will surpass that of Ebere.

So, take it easy on him afterall he has delivered quite bigger and better projects than his predecessors.

The power ish and boko stuffs is just for a while. We'll get there.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 18, 2014
My Friend OP, what we are experiencing today is a Government of Fraud and Deceit.
We must pull resources together and kick out these Rogues In Power

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2014
What about his fulfilled promises? ? undecided undecided
Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 18, 2014
MarvellousGod: What about his fulfilled promises? ? undecided undecided
Why not Open a thread and tell us
Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 18, 2014
all our leaders have been making empty promises....its not like GEJ is the first to start. Our leaders have been dribbling us since 1960
Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
Jona you see your life....

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by comos: 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
GEJ has tried.
Fashola promise us metroline (blue/red railway). I am yet to see it, but only on pictures.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by bigass(f): 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
comos: GEJ has tried.
Fashola promise us metroline (blue/red railway). I am yet to see it, but only on pictures.
you re a F**L
Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by feedthenation(m): 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
comos: GEJ has tried.

Unfortunately, all our politicians have failed this nation.
Empty promises, with little results.
PDP, ACN and other parties are just the same.

Kindly list all what GEJ has done since May 2010, when he became 'Acting President'?
Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by Goddex: 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
[size=14pt]Op, read through what you listed there, this time slowly, and you will be convinced he has touched 90% of those promises

Point 1) Jigawa state now has a domestic airport

Point 2) the comatose power sector is now vigorously revitalised

Point 3) A petrole-chemical plant is being packaged for Delta state. Just last week, a multi billion naira gas plant was commissioned in Akwa Ibom state and a groundbreaking of another 250 billion methanol plant

Point 4) No idea

Point 5) Dredging of River Niger is completed and the Lokoja-Abuja dualization is such a lovely place to behold now

Point 6) The Kwara dam is completed

Point 7) No idea

Point 8.) The Federal Secretariat in Abakaliki is since completed and the Enugu - Abakaliki - Ogoja - Ikom - Cameroon international expressway is such a massive and lovely road to behold now

Point 9) The amnesty program, Presidential foreign scholarship, YouWin, Sure-P have empowered hundreds of thousands of Nigerians

I am tired. Will be back
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by suwailad(f): 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
GEJ - the worst leader ever to come out of this hell hole called nigger-area

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by egopersonified(f): 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
Op, thank you. What Nigerians should be asking for now is what are our leaders bringing to the table when voted into power? These should be properly documented and how such projects would be funded and who the beneficiaries would be. Then as the elected president clocks 2,3 or 4 yrs, he is always checkered with his campaign promises. But our youths are busy fighting over the next president's religion, tribe, political party, etc.
Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by 360degree(m): 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
What abt the achievement he did not promise, fuel price increase from 67 to 97. I know the concluding part of this will come in 2015 just after he must have win election. Pls
Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by omenka(m): 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
People see failed promises and I see promises kept!!

I think he promised to fail from the onset and is doing exactly that fabulously!!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by jieta: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
Goddex: [size=14pt]Op, read through what you listed there, this time slowly, and you will be convinced he has touched 90% of those promises

Point 1) Jigawa state now has a domestic airport

Point 2) the comatose power sector is now vigorously revitalised

Point 3) A petrole-chemical plant is being packaged for Delta state. Just last week, a multi billion naira gas plant was commissioned in Akwa Ibom state and a groundbreaking of another 250 billion methanol plant

Point 4) No idea

Point 5) Dredging of River Niger is completed and the Lokoja-Abuja dualization is such a lovely place to behold now

Point 6) The Kwara dam is completed

Point 7) No idea

Point 8.) The Federal Secretariat in Abakaliki is since completed and the Enugu - Abakaliki - Ogoja - Ikom - Cameroon international expressway is such a massive and lovely road to behold now

Point 9) The amnesty program, Presidential foreign scholarship, YouWin, Sure-P have empowered hundreds of thousands of Nigerians

I am tired. Will be back
[/size]
op if what this guy here is real is true then is good you shot up

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Failed Promises by impromptu: 11:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
grin, OP you are seriously taking notes. grin

(1) (Reply)

News From Niger State / Season Of Carpet-crossing From The APC Back To The PDP - Femi Aribisala / Five Popular Unsolved Assassinations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.