Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,795 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

What Is V6 & V4 In A Vehicle? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is V6 & V4 In A Vehicle? (2242 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? / What Will Happen To The Odometer Of A Vehicle If The Engine Is Replaced??? / The Implications Of Buying A Vehicle With High Odometer Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is V6 & V4 In A Vehicle? by Clemzzz(m): 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hello my people,pls i dnt understand what v6 and v4 mean in a vehicle?Also,which is better or easy to maintain when looking for a car to purchase?Thanks...
Re: What Is V6 & V4 In A Vehicle? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
In simple language a V6 is a 6cylinder vehicle and a V4 is a 4cylinder vehicle
Re: What Is V6 & V4 In A Vehicle? by kingschild123(m): 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
V4 is called an inline 4 cylinder engine. A few pros of having a v 4 are the gas mileage consumption, less maintenance cost on the engine, and the potential to make your car faster. Some cons of having a v 4 is that most stock v 4 engines are not very fast. They require alot of adjustments and add ons to make them fast. While v6 means 6 cylinder engine. Some pros of having a v6 is that they are faster. A con is the gas consumption.

The number of cylinders that an engine contains is an important factor in the overall performance of the engine. Each cylinder contains a piston that pumps inside of it and those pistons connect to and turn the crankshaft. The more pistons there are pumping, the more combustive events are taking place during any given moment. That means that more power can be generated in less time.
4-Cylinder engines commonly come in “straight” or “inline” configurations while 6-cylinder engines are usually configured in the more compact “V” shape, and thus are referred to as V6 engines.
Re: What Is V6 & V4 In A Vehicle? by nurey(m): 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
There is nothing as v4 it is mistaken for i4 which is the arrangement of vehicle cylinders. Because 4 cylinder engines aren't too wide they are arranged in a straight line called inline in vehicle terms reason for the i4.

The 6 cylinder comes in 2 variants inline which is i6 and side by side which is v6 I.e the side by side is arranged in a V like slant arrangement not parallel to each other. But the v6 is more common than the i6.

The i4 doesn't consume much fuel but not as powerful and heavy than the v6. What the v6 losses as fuel efficiency, it gains in power.

Vehicle of same type and year price will be different, the v6 version will be expensive than the i4 version.

2 Likes

Re: What Is V6 & V4 In A Vehicle? by Clemzzz(m): 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
@ kingschild & nurey,
Thanks a lot,bros.God bless you both.
Re: What Is V6 & V4 In A Vehicle? by Homguy(m): 9:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
nurey: Vehicle of same type and year price will be different, the v6 version will be expensive than the i4 version.

this is entirely true for new cars,however, fairly used V6 cars in nigeria often command lower second sales value as most Nigerians avoid V6 engines,thanks to our roadside mechanics and a die-hard motivation to conserve fuel.

1 Like

Re: What Is V6 & V4 In A Vehicle? by mikkyphp(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2014
Homguy: this is entirely true for new cars,however, fairly used V6 cars in nigeria often command lower second sales value as most Nigerians avoid V6 engines,thanks to our roadside mechanics and a die-hard motivation to conserve fuel.

GBA!!!

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A Female Uber Driver Today... / Please Help Me Before I Lose My Gear Box / Changed Gear Box On Toyota Sienna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.