Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Ebola; The Discharged Patients Were They Postive Or Negetuve To The Virus. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola; The Discharged Patients Were They Postive Or Negetuve To The Virus. (615 Views)

5 Scientists Who Studied Ebola Killed By The Virus / Four More Ebola Patients Discharged In Nigeria / Baby Who Had Been "Cured" Of HIV Now Has The Virus Resurfacing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola; The Discharged Patients Were They Postive Or Negetuve To The Virus. by mcdonstan: 7:06am On Aug 19, 2014
‎Ebola; The Discharged Patients were they really diagnosed of Ebola and treated of it or were they just discharged after thorough observation and confirmed they weren't positive to the Virus?

Pls before I continue, I would like to say first and foremost that we have an insensitive Gov. that dolls out information, anyhow, to its citizens for the purpose of scoring some political points(everything is politics to them). So people shouldn't mistaken my inquisitive mind to pessimism. I've learnt to take every information from our Government with grain of salts. Of course there has been cases of them telling us 'A' is happening while 'B' is actually the case.

I've read twice online where our dear Minister of Health, Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu stated categorically that some of the Ebola patients under quarantine has been treated and certified to be free of the deadly virus, hence have been discharged and are free to go. It gladdens my ‎heart to know those people have escaped the grip of the deadly Ebola Virus.

I know some diagnosed Ebola Victims with critical viral signs have survived - their immune system were strong, not necessarily that they were treated with a known serum for the Virus - as was reported in Liberia

It's also known that Nigerian Government quarantined both the primary and secondary contacts of Nigeria's first Ebola Victim, Mr. Patrick Sawyers, of which some were diagnosed to have been infected and there has been records of death also. Of course, not all contacts of the victim, primary or secondary, will contract the disease. Contracting it depends on the level of exposure. 

My questions:

1. The discharged patients were they diagnosed and found to be positive? If yes, what serum or vaccine were they treated with to have recovered within this short period of time.
2. If they were diagnosed and found to be negative to the virus, they should also state it categorically to avoid speculation. ‎

Note: The ‎cases of the recovered victims of Ebola patients took some approximately 3months according to the news if am not mistaken. 

Am beginning to think our Gene are more stronger hence the enhanced immune system‎ because of the news of recovery (barely a month of contracting d virus) am hearing which isn't so in any of the countries with the same virus.

So our Government should tell us ‎in a plan language.

My fellow nairalanders, what is your take on this?‎

3 Likes

Re: Ebola; The Discharged Patients Were They Postive Or Negetuve To The Virus. by hushmail: 8:01am On Aug 19, 2014
my take z u shld go n study medicine to better understand how viral diseases r treated

if d minister says they were treated n discharged then they were treated n discharged. Stop looking issues were there are none.
Re: Ebola; The Discharged Patients Were They Postive Or Negetuve To The Virus. by tpia1: 8:39am On Aug 19, 2014
I don't really trust the reporting on these cases, but if true, wasn't it said the virus stays on in the se.men for an additional six weeks or so.

In that case, imo, patients should still be under observation for that time.
Re: Ebola; The Discharged Patients Were They Postive Or Negetuve To The Virus. by mcdonstan: 8:48am On Aug 19, 2014
hushmail: my take z u shld go n study medicine to better understand how viral diseases r treated

if d minister says they were treated n discharged then they were treated n discharged. Stop looking issues were there are none.

Your sounds antagonising in your post. Am not looking for any issue but rather trying to understand it in clear terms. They said they have been treated, in other words they tested positive initially. Asking questions to know how/what they used in treating it isn't so bad. After all other cases of treatment by other countries were made clear. Which either was with Zmapp or people with strong immune system. 
Also the history of patients that recovered from it shows it takes longer than ours, definitely there should be an explanations to that. I don't need to go study Medicine or microbiology before I could be given an explanation to my simple questions. 

This was among my statement...
Am beginning to think our Gene are more stronger hence the enhanced immune system‎ because of the news of recovery (barely a month of contracting d virus) am hearing which isn't so in any of the countries with the same virus.
We deserve some answers. It isn't a bad question to be asked by an inquisitive mind.
Re: Ebola; The Discharged Patients Were They Postive Or Negetuve To The Virus. by tpia1: 9:10am On Aug 19, 2014
Its barely a month since the virus officially entered nigeria.

And in the week/s before the nl shutdown, there was also a quiet period before it broke out again in the other countries, with greater casualties than before.

It was after this second period that the events which led to this whole nigerian saga began.
Re: Ebola; The Discharged Patients Were They Postive Or Negetuve To The Virus. by mcdonstan: 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
^^^ Barely a month... I don't trust the information they are giving to the public.

The same woman that was reported to have recovered from the Virus is the woman that has been confirmed dead today. A very funny Government indeed.

Here's the link to the reports of the death of the supposedly treated and recovered medical doctor.

https://www.nairaland.com/1864973/dr-ameyo-adadevoh-dies-ebola

(1) (Reply)

Full Statement Of Dr. Kent Brantly, The Man Who Survived The Dreaded Ebola Virus / What Is Bad Breath And How Can I Get Rid Of It? / Rivers State Quarantines One Year Six Months Old Baby For Symptoms Of Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.