Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help (1191 Views)

Piano Trainer, Seller, Tuner, Repairer / Learn How To Play Piano In Your Room?! / Free Desktop Keyboard Software: Desktop Piano 1.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
This is my first thread here on nairaland ever since i joined in 2012. So sad and unfortunate that my first thread is a request. (hides face) Please...nairalanders help me out. I want to learn the piano and I am in need of piano files (tutorials) that will help me. And what does it takes/how long for someone to be be a seasoned pianist??...not the transposing type o o o..lolz
thanks for ur contributions...
MODS pls let it fp o..it's my first time...[b]This is my first thread here on nairaland ever since i joined in 2012. So sad and unfortunate that my first thread is a request. (hides face) Please...nairalanders help me out. I want to learn the piano and I am in need of piano files (tutorials) that will help me. And what does it takes/how long for someone to be be a seasoned pianist??...not the transposing type o o o..lolz
MODS pls let it fp o..it's my first time...[/b]This is my first thread here on nairaland ever since i joined in 2012. So sad and unfortunate that my first thread is a request. (hides face) Please...nairalanders help me out. I want to learn the piano and I am in need of piano files (tutorials) that will help me. And what does it takes/how long for someone to be be a seasoned pianist??...not the transposing type o o o..lolz
MODS pls let it fp o..it's my first time...
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by sheunfemix: 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hi, u might wanna check out a site called Phemix music. I knw the owner. And here is my pin for more info 30EB2A1E. He is d best.
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
Lemme get ur number so ah can add u up on whatsapp pls..ma bbm is +faultin+
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by sheunfemix: 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
Did u check out the site? If u did, u can simply drop a message for the person
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Yeah..ah checked it out...but...looks like sth ahm gonn buy from him...is it
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
talentedjoe

For a pianist, it's good you learn to play on all major and minor keys rather than you being a mediocre pianist who transposes at every change of key. But as a studio keyboardist(synthesizer), you can do well by mastering just a key.

...though both piano and synthesizer are keyboard instruments.

To be a seasoned pianist and performer, there is no shortcut. You have to learn the basics of musicianship; rudiments, modulation, rhythm, etc.

I'll strongly advice you start with sheet music. Play works of Bach, DeBussy, Mozart, scott Joplin, and the likes to have a strong foundation. To apply stuffs and techniques gotten from the aforementioned works to african pianism is not that hard.

...that is if you are really interested in becoming a pianist.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
Yeah....I'm interested. Ur number or pin or any other way of reaching u pls...errmmm..lest ah forget..what is a synthesizer??
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by sheunfemix: 1:00am On Aug 22, 2014
Yea u will pay. But I tell u its gonna be worth it.
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 9:13am On Aug 22, 2014
How much??...i'll need it from the scratch to the pro
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 22, 2014
talentedjoe: How much??...i'll need it from the scratch to the pro

by synthesizer, I mean electric keyboard.

To be a virtuoso, you have to learn from the masters and develop your own style. By masters, I do not refer to money-hungry crooks who would only teach you stactic basic chords which are of no use outside gospel context. A lot of "BIG" chords and their various inversions can be learnt by studying just a jazz standard.

There is a lot to learn from sheet music. Lots of chords, techniques and so much more. The only problem you might encounter is the ability to read music. If you are able to, you'll go places. If you can work extra hard to sightplay... ... ...

Virtuosity comes with experience, and to have experience, you need to spend time with your piano and practice right
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by izuplayspiano(m): 10:09am On Aug 22, 2014
All these big grammar without solution amount to nothing. Google has everything you need to know in music.
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Drop urs please@izusplayspiano
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
...To become a pro as a keyboardist, you ll have to get a music book called 'small-wood'...Its not expensive....If you are good in playing classical music or songs, then you are good to go.....
....After getting the book, try as much as possible to start from scratch....Know the basis...Know the do's and dont's..etc
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by Tymax(m): 9:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
temigracie: ...To become a pro as a keyboardist, you ll have to get a music book called 'small-wood'...Its not expensive....If you are good in playing classical music or songs, then you are good to go.....
....After getting the book, try as much as possible to start from scratch....Know the basis...Know the do's and dont's..etc
Hmmmm this babe is something. shocked
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tymax:
Hmmmm this babe is something. shocked
...And this nigga is something else too....
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2014
temigracie: ...To become a pro as a keyboardist, you ll have to get a music book called 'small-wood'...Its not expensive....If you are good in playing classical music or songs, then you are good to go.....

whew! This is all I've been trying to say cool
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2014
kolawaxxy:

whew! This is all I've been trying to say cool
..okay
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by Ojadamu(m): 7:27am On Aug 24, 2014
Please piano mum, how can i get smalwood's book
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by sheunfemix: 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
talentedjoe: How much??...i'll need it from the scratch to the pro
I will really advise u to write to d owner. U never can tell, he might teach u for free. Honestly he is the best.
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Help me with the owner's details please....i wanna start this thing quickly...i'md delaying...
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
Temigrace...thanks a lot for that...a friend recommended it some weeks ago but ah never thought it was important...
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by sheunfemix: 9:46am On Aug 27, 2014
talentedjoe: Help me with the owner's details please....i wanna start this thing quickly...i'md delaying...
I have given u his site address. U are not on bbm wud av given u his pin. Why not leave him a message on his site if u rily want him. Or how else can I help u pls
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Number;( cryNumber;(
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
Sheunfemix...pleases,d email here is no longer working..ah tried changing it but nairaland has refused me doing that...send what u sent to this email pleasè
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
Please...Send it to tal3nt3djo3@gmail.com ....thank u sir!
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by Dramadiddy(m): 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
First all of where do you stay? Secondly, you could visit this thread and see what you can find https://www.nairaland.com/1814503/thread-keyboardists/8#25861169
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 1:40am On Sep 02, 2014
Boss diddy..where do u stay?
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by 2rhymestharap(m): 2:38am On Sep 02, 2014
I have a Piano tutorial Dvd I brought in skul.. I went to BIMM in london... Brighton Institute of music.. And it was 58$ when I bought it.. I can give you the file for 5K, No more nor less, I will give you a screenshot if you need one... That's if u want?
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by treblec(m): 6:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
FOR A WELL GROUNDED ORGANIST OR PIANIST....get ur SMALLWOOD first dnt play yet READ THE INTRODUCTION OR PREPARATORY LESSON on the front page (it normally talks about names of line and spaces of a staff, types of accidentals and their functions, timesignature, clef signs,keysignature, SYMBOLS AND VALUE OF EACH NOTES,TYPES OF REST AND VALUE and Then WHERE EACH LINE AND SPACES OF A STAFF ARE IN D KEYBOARD) after reading Then begin to play.....##U WILL CERTAINLY LOSE INTEREST WHILE PLAYING SMALLWOOD BUT ENDURE AND U WILL SEE UR LEVEL ATLAST AMONG OTHER ORGANIST##
IF u are into church music Then I advice JOIN THE CHOIR FOR THE KNOWLEDGE OF SOFA NOTATION...
After graduating from smallwood there come classical and sheet music...(u can pick up ur HANDEL'S MESSIAH and play the song named HOW BEAUTIFUL.... OR COMFORT YE MY PEOPLE..... this is to apply what. u have learnt from SMALLwood .....

when u must have undergone all dis stages and also with ur knowledge of SOLFA u can trill d cloud and make ur church service or Mass lively an vibrant...

ALWAYS LOOK OUT FOR NEW CHORDS WHEN PLAYING THE SHEET MUSIC...IT WILL HELP U....
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by talentedjoe(m): 1:05am On Sep 07, 2014
2rhymestharap: I have a Piano tutorial Dvd I brought in skul.. I went to BIMM in london... Brighton Institute of music.. And it was 58$ when I bought it.. I can give you the file for 5K, No more nor less, I will give you a screenshot if you need one... That's if u want?
....ok....screenshot
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by 2rhymestharap(m): 10:30am On Sep 11, 2014
Here..
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Piano Help by mrramadan(m): 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
talentedjoe: This is my first thread here on nairaland ever since i joined in 2012. So sad and unfortunate that my first thread is a request. (hides face) Please...nairalanders help me out. I want to learn the piano and I am in need of piano files (tutorials) that will help me. And what does it takes/how long for someone to be be a seasoned pianist??...not the transposing type o o o..lolz
MODS pls let it fp o..it's my first time...[b]This is my first thread here on nairaland ever since i joined in 2012. So sad and unfortunate that my first thread is a request. (hides face) Please...nairalanders help me out. I want to learn the piano and I am in need of piano files (tutorials) that will help me. And what does it takes/how long for someone to be be a seasoned pianist??...not the transposing type o o o..lolz
MODS pls let it fp o..it's my first time...[/b]This is my first thread here on nairaland ever since i joined in 2012. So sad and unfortunate that my first thread is a request. (hides face) Please...nairalanders help me out. I want to learn the piano and I am in need of piano files (tutorials) that will help me. And what does it takes/how long for someone to be be a seasoned pianist??...not the transposing type o o o..lolz
MODS pls let it fp o..it's my first time...

Please get a personal teacher, a professional. If it is allowed, I can give you the number of one. He is in Lagos. A good guy

(1) (Reply)

Nicki Minaj Has Apologized For 'only' Music Video / I Need Rap Songs With Slow Cool Beat With Nice Instrumentals / Patoranking - Make Am (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.