Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible (1454 Views)

'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / Husband Burns His Wife For Being Beautiful / Will You Support Your Sister To Be A Surrogate Mother To A Childless Couple? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by Afriface: 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
A couple in Asaba, Delta State, Benson Ogwu and his wife, who have been married for 16 years without a child, yesterday set ablaze their Holy Bible around Bonssac quarters.

While their action attracted hundreds of passersby, it was reliably gathered that the couple, members of a popular Pentecostal church in the area, were angry when their high expectations of making babies were shattered by a prophet who told them they had a delay in having children because they were far from God.
Consequently, they claimed that God has abandoned them, but an insider said that they were disillusioned after several prophets told them that the Lord was totally fed up of their Christian practice.

They were said to have sought the assistance of some native doctors, who allegedly lured them into serving his idol popularly known as “Onishe” where they were assured they would have children within three years.

Family sources said that the couple was married in the Catholic Church, which they dumped afterwards for the popular Pentecostal church where accusing fingers have been pointed to the pastor for raising false prophesies.

http://www.tundeola.com/2014/08/frustration-childless-couple-burns-holy.html#more

Also Confirming
http://leadership.ng/news/381525/frustration-childless-couple-burns-holy-bible

Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by thorpido(m): 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
How will burning the bible give them a child?

1 Like

Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by Allohrandy(m): 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
foolish couple . Rather than waste their time visiting different pastors and attending different church, they should have visited a good fertility clinic to have a baby through invitro fertilization (IVF). Infertile couple in western countries have babies through IVF rather than spend 16 yrs waiting for miracle from their pastor or Imam.

4 Likes

Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
And they think their problem is over?? Smh

1 Like

Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by Liamm(m): 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
don't know what to say
Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by ammyluv2002(f): 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ignorance is truly a disease undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by uglyogre(f): 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
I understand some situations in life can make one reason irrationaly especialy in this part of our world. this is just very funny to me but i'm always of the opinion that if one means doesn't work for you, then try another means. this should be after i have done all i know to do. If you haven't walked their path, don't condemn
Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by apolonius(m): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
I hope their foolishness bring them babies!
Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by Kanwulia: 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
Haba!
What an overkill!

They did not need to go through childlessness to do the needful!
Living in NIGERIA made me do just that! kiss

"ONISHE" my foot!

From one CULT to another!
For fruit of the womb and blokos wey full for all the gutters of the EAST? cheesy
Phacking ILLITERATES! grin
Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by bennyrazz: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
How long did Sarah wait before she bore Isaac? just 16yrs and they were frustrated?? well, I have heard of 30yrs of marriage without fruit of the womb but on the 32nd year, God decided to surprise them with twins. Who knows maybe their not been able to conceive as to do with their past lifestyles but who am I to judge? what is not known to man is open to God
Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by Pavore9: 5:43am On Aug 21, 2014
After the act, are they now feeling better? We all have trials we must navigate through in life but from my personal experience, FAITH is truly a reliable compass.
Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by SAMBARRY: 6:57am On Aug 21, 2014
Speaking of extreme level of frustration and ignorance.

Wonder how some adults will be letting prophet, imam or native doctor deceive them in 2014.

when fertility drugs haven't finished undecided
Kanwulia: Haba!
What an overkill!

They did not need to go through childlessness to do the needful!
Living in NIGERIA made me do just that! kiss

"ONISHE" my foot!

From one CULT to another!
For fruit of the womb and blokos wey full for all the gutters of the EAST? cheesy
Phacking ILLITERATES! grin
Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by GboyegaD(m): 7:19am On Aug 21, 2014
I can only but laugh.
Re: Childless Couple Burns Holy Bible by Kanwulia: 7:37am On Aug 21, 2014
SAMBARRY: Speaking of extreme level of frustration and ignorance.
Wonder how some adults will be letting prophet, imam or native doctor deceive them in 2014.
when fertility drugs haven't finished undecided

Common sense is flushed down the drain with awon "we must born from awa nyansh" POVERTY-STRICKEN Africans ke! cheesy
If they are religious, they can't be the brightest star on a foggy night abi? cry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Its Our Xmas Splash..... Don't Be Left Out Of The Fun / What Name/names Would You Prefer For Your Unborn Child/children?? / Is It Legal For A Father To Disown His Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.