Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] (5292 Views)

Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / Amaechi And Dakuku Having A Swell Time At Caniriv (Pix) / What A Shame To Giant Of African! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Beazy(f): 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
Meet an eight-year-old Indian boy whose hands swelled to giant proportions and now weigh more than 12 kilograms.
The boy is unable to carry out simple tasks, including tying his own shoe laces, feeding himself etc.
Young Kaleem suffers from an extremely rare unknown condition, he is unable to carry out simple tasks, including tying his own shoe laces, after he was born with hands twice the size of an average baby.
Kaleem’s parents knew he was different at birth but were as powerless to help and the youngster’s hands have now grown so large they measure 33cm from the base of his palm to the end of his middle finger.
The youngster’s hands have now grown so large they measure 33cm from the base of his palm to the end of his middle finger.
Since his childhood Kaleem has been bullied and shunned because others are ‘scared’ of his deformity. The boy does not go to school because other kids have repeatedly beat him.
“I find it difficult to put on my clothes, button my shirt and pull up my pants.
But I don’t know if I want doctors to operate on my hands. They would have to make me unconscious and then they would cut me open.
I have no problem if they could do it without an injection. A small operation would be okay.”
Kaleem’s parents, who earn just $25 a month, have only just been able to take their son to a local doctor for an assessment.
Kaleem is believed to suffer from either lymphangioma or hamartoma – which are both treatable. However, more testing is needed to identify the disease.
Apart from the unsightly growths, Kaleem is in good health – with properly functioning lungs and heart.
But as his hands continue to grow it may put increased pressure on his cardiovascular system, potentially shortening his life.
“As far as my knowledge goes, this is an extremely rare condition.
I have not seen a case in medical journals or on the internet where only the hands grew to such a large size.
Until we have done proper genetic testing we will not be able to say exactly what is causing this deformity,” Dr Ratan, the director of the local hospital, said.
Lymphangioma is a condition of the lymphatic system which causes extreme inflammation resulting in doughy masses forming in certain parts of the body. Hamartoma is a benign type of tumour where the body produces excess tissue.
AsKaleem’ss hands continue to grow it may put increased pressure on his cardiovascular system, potentially shortening his life.

Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Beazy(f): 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
More Photos

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Beazy(f): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
Beazy: More Photos

1 Like

Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by MzJackBaueress(f): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Scary!!

Why is every weird thing coming from India and China? The two countries need to ask God why!

1 Like

Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Afam4eva(m): 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
India again? I think i have to stop eating Indian food.

This is very strange. Never seen or heard anything like it.

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Rikidony(m): 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
WTF shocked shocked
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by comos: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Indian, na wa for una
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by RichDad1(m): 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
What??

9 Likes

Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
I know say na either India or China cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hail the Hindus cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
If that boy slap person ehn cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by desgiezd(m): 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
This boy should not slap anyone ooo!
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by sammoe(m): 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista: If that boy slap person ehn cheesy cheesy cheesy

To imagine am sef det pain person. E go pass whozing!
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by hummerwise(m): 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
Mogbe!!! shocked shocked
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by teemy(m): 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
Noyt researching yet but I have my misgivings. How did the shirt wrist go over the hands while wearing it.

7 Likes

Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by dhardline(m): 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Anoda failed experiment.may God heal the poor boy.
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by lorRhyMeZ: 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
teemy: Noyt researching yet but I have my misgivings. How did the shirt wrist go over the hands while wearing it.

Excellent question..Op over to u grin
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
teemy: Noyt researching yet but I have my misgivings. How did the shirt wrist go over the hands while wearing it.
grin thought I was the only one reasoning the same thing.
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by felifeli: 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
Only in India undecided undecided undecided
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Descartes: 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
Photoshop
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Beazy(f): 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
lorRhyMeZ:

Excellent question..Op over to u grin
Wait! Make I travel qo india..make I qo ask am

1 Like

Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Kenai: 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
MzJackBaueress: Scary!!

Why is every weird thing coming from India and China? The two countries need to ask God why!

Because they have the highest populations in the world, hence the highest chances of weirdness.
Secondary School Mathematics.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by ElFenomeno1: 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Only in India.
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Beazy(f): 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
Descartes: Photoshop
everythinq for naija na photoshop
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by desgiezd(m): 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2014

Never looked at it from this perspective, good question.
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by MzJackBaueress(f): 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista: If that boy slap person ehn cheesy cheesy cheesy
I swear smoke go comot from that pesin ear for one week!

Such kids are turned to gods in India. I wonder why they haven't started worshiping him. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Dreyl(m): 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
Wow shocked
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Descartes: 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
Beazy: everythinq for naija na photoshop
Photoshop
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
MzJackBaueress: I swear smoke go comot from that pesin ear for one week!

Such kids are turned to gods in India. I wonder why they haven't started worshiping him. grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Chylo(m): 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
Chai, see talent. India don get betta goalkeeper. If dis guy stand, put I'm two hand in front of post, nobody go score.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Beazy(f): 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Descartes: Photoshop
Edit a pictiure of urz like dhiz one and post it to prove...*winks*
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Descartes: 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
Beazy: Edit a pictiure of urz like dhiz one and post it to prove...*winks*
Video footage or Idobilivit tongue
Re: Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] by Beazy(f): 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
Descartes: Video footage or Idobilivit tongue
any of the two...Do it nw before I sue Yhu**winks**

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Is A Liar And Possibly A THIEF.........NNPC / Atiku Tsunami: Saraki Set To Lead APC Senators To Defect To PDP / School Feeding: Gombe State Releases N394m To 2,809 Food Vendors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.