Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases (28849 Views)

Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / First Case Of Suspected Ebola Discovered In New York City, Usa!!! / Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Omooba77: 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/167037-breaking-lagos-records-5-new-suspected-ebola-cases.html

Five new suspected cases of Ebola Virus Disease were brought to the Yaba Mainland Hospital, Lagos, on Tuesday, the Lagos State government has said.
At a press conference, Wednesday, Jide Idris, the State Commissioner for Health, told journalists that two of those cases were from secondary contacts.
“Till date, we have recorded eight suspected cases, five of which came in yesterday, 12 confirmed,” said Dr. Idris.
“On the whole, five have died (including the index case). We are currently following up 213 contacts, and 62 have completed the two-day follow-up,” he added.
On Tuesday, Stella Adadevoh, the Senior Consultant and Endocrinologist at First Consultant Medical Centre, Obalende, passed away after succumbing to the deadly virus.
Dr. Idris paid tributes to the deceased doctor as well as the other health workers who had died from Ebola virus since the disease broke out in July, describing them as the heroes and heroines of the day.
“She, (Dr. Adadevoh) it was, who took the initiative to intimate the Ministry concerning the index case – Liberian-American (Mr. Patrick Sawyer) and substantially to her credit the moderate containment achieved is owed,” said Dr. Idris.
“She led the team who attended to the index case. Her doggedness and commitment to duty saw her personally reviewing the case even though the patient had earlier been seen by a doctor.
“The Ministry of Health commiserates with their families, co-workers, friends and loved ones on these irreparable losses which was on the line of duty,” he added.
Dr. Idris also said that the government’s “vigorous” contact tracing is now shifting from primary to secondary contacts.
“The mode of spread remains mainly transmission from an infected person in an infective state and from an infected animal (bat, monkey, etc) to a person.
“This is a call for vigilance as human to human transmission is only achieved by physical contact with a person who is acutely and gravely ill (fever being a key sign) from Ebola virus through body fluids such as blood, urine, stool, saliva, breast milk, semen, and vomitus.
Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Omooba77: 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
God help us oh

17 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
Omooba77: God help us oh
Amen

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Dreal1247: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
O God deliver this nation from ebola.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by uchechukwuochei(m): 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
Its well.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Omooba77: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
We will survive this,because it shall come to pass...

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Omooba77: 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
Dreal1247: O God deliver this nation from ebola.
Amin ase Edumare
Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Omooba77: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
uchechukwuochei: Its well.
Amen and amen

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Beync(f): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
If secondary contact are testing positive, it means ebola carriers can infect others even when they are not visibly sick or displaying symptoms

43 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Omooba77: 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
Beync: If secondary contact are testing positive, it means ebola carriers can infect others even when they are not visibly sick or displaying symptoms
So many unknown in all these 21 days is supposed to be the incubation period.God show mercy please.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Beync(f): 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
Omooba77:
So many unknown in all these 21 days is supposed to be the incubation period.God show mercy please.
I don't really get it o. All thanks to wicked sawyer

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Omooba77: 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Beync: I don't really get it o. All thanks to wicked sawyer
Medical petsonnel should begin to research based on the new findings.God will keep us and heal those going through pain.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Omooba77:
Medical petsonnel should begin to research based on the new findings.God will keep us and heal those going through pain.
Meaning u don't know they are on strike?
What are you saying

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by nairaman66(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hey Bola, na where you dey na? You dey cause commotion for everywhere ooO!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by korel9: 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ye!
Where is dat nano silver?

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Guykhena(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
[size=24pt]Quarantine!!!!![/size] them
Sharply

We aint taking any chances...

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by McLuhan(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
I declare in the name of Jesus Christ that this disease will not spread beyond control; neither will it destroy the destinies of our young people and of our country.

I pray that all the preventive and containment measures put in place by government will prove successful, in Jesus' name.

Even if nobody in the world has ever developed immunity to this virus, I know that miracles still do happen. For that reason, I pray that our immune systems will be divinely strengthened to resist this infection, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

I commit into the hands of God all medical personnel and all caregivers who are involved in the fight against this pestilence, especially nurses, doctors, hospital workers, members of the Red Cross, Medecins San Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders), and other international NGOs whose volunteers risk their lives daily to save others. May their lives be spared in the course of this struggle, and may they and all of us find protection against this virulent disease, in Jesus' blessed name.

Just as a cure was found for small pox, for measles and for numerous other diseases that reaped a yearly harvest of souls, I pray that an affordable and accessible antidote will be found, and found soon, for ebola. I pray that the cure will not be available in the developed world alone, nor shall it be priced beyond the reach of the poor. May it not be termed an "experimental drug" and locked up in the vaults of some designer laboratories in the West only to be brought out when the lives or health of certain privileged people are threatened.

Above all, may the emergence of this disease cause all of us to consider the brevity of human life, to resolve to lead kind and caring lives while we can, and to draw closer to God who is our only security. Amen.

93 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by CharlieMaria(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Maria Health of the sick, pray for us to God

30 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by rill: 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
First to comment, after d notification.....

Mtcheeew, for my mind angry
Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by akpanikpe(m): 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Boko boys sef don do pass dis one, it will all come to pass.
Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by vicadex07(m): 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Labaran maku is the cause of all these nonsense for boasting that we have the cure of ebola

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Davijunson: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
I see Hope. I see Nigeria overcoming this Virus. I see Ebola becoming a tin of the past...Amen. Click like if yu believe this.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by eunisam: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Are we progressing or retrogressing? If you try this,e no concern me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by ayusco85(m): 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
I and my family are covered with the blood of jesus. This ebola shall not come near my habitation in the name of jesus. I wish same to all Nigerians

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by jude33084(m): 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
shocked
Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by jnrbayano(m): 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
vicadex07: A

[quote author=]kk[/quote]

ayusco85: ...

Repent

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by jnrbayano(m): 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
"The Egyptians you see today, you shall see them no more"

Ebola, you have an expiry date!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by fiverrwin(f): 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
It will soon pass

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by amanikondo: 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
Conflicting Ebola news everywhere. 5 don discharge, 5 don resume.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by dedons: 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
One thing I know is that Jesus is able to heal all kind of sickness.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases by Swagavillage(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
jnrbayano:

Repent

OK pastor nairaland

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Health Conditions You Didn't Know Were Mental Health Conditions / UNIMAID Student Undergoes Successful Facial Surgery After Acid Attack / General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.