Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,741 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

How To Decorate A Cake- Please Help Urgently - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Decorate A Cake- Please Help Urgently (5582 Views)

Surprise Your Loved Once In Abuja With A Cake. / Picture Of A Cake Baked In Form Of Couple Having Sex! Lol.. / How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Decorate A Cake- Please Help Urgently by afamgod(f): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
Pls my people, my daughter's birthday is coming up this Sunday and i want to be the one to bake her cake. My problem here is that i don't know how to decorate a cake.
I have come across different types that calls for different recipes in the net like, fondant, royal, butter cream etc. I've tried out some of these and failed badly;(.
Pls can someone help me with a very simple and accessible recipe in Nigeria for fondant considering our weather.
Do i need to apply anything on the cake before placing the fondant?
*any other type of icing is welcomed. A very big thanks to everyone
Re: How To Decorate A Cake- Please Help Urgently by ibizgirl(f): 10:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
Considering the time frame, I would suggest you buy a cake. To successfully
Cover a cake with fondant you have to cover it 1st with buttercream.

Your best bet would be to cover with buttercream and try to get edible picture to place ontop, it covers most of the mistakes.

Simplest Buttercream recipe
Butter/margarine 500g
Icing sugar. 1kg
Clear flavour of your choice.

Method:

Cream your butter/margarine until it is fluffy gradually add the icing sugar until it is all incorporated. Add 5ml of any clear flavour.

This will convinently cover a 12" cake.

afamgod: Pls my people, my daughter's birthday is coming up this Sunday and i want to be the one to bake her cake. My problem here is that i don't know how to decorate a cake.
I have come across different types that calls for different recipes in the net like, fondant, royal, butter cream etc. I've tried out some of these and failed badly;(.
Pls can someone help me with a very simple and accessible recipe in Nigeria for fondant considering our weather.
Do i need to apply anything on the cake before placing the fondant?
*any other type of icing is welcomed. A very big thanks to everyone
Re: How To Decorate A Cake- Please Help Urgently by afamgod(f): 10:22am On Aug 21, 2014
ibizgirl: Considering the time frame, I would suggest you buy a cake. To successfully
Cover a cake with fondant you have to cover it 1st with buttercream.

Your best bet would be to cover with buttercream and try to get edible picture to place ontop, it covers most of the mistakes.

Simplest Buttercream recipe
Butter/margarine 500g
Icing sugar. 1kg
Clear flavour of your choice.

Method:

Cream your butter/margarine until it is fluffy gradually add the icing sugar until it is all incorporated. Add 5ml of any clear flavour.

This will convinently cover a 12" cake.

Thanks soo much. Pray i get it right. Are these edible pictures sold in the market or i ve to make them myself?
Re: How To Decorate A Cake- Please Help Urgently by ibizgirl(f): 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
Edible pictures are sold/printed in cakes shops.

afamgod: Thanks soo much. Pray i get it right. Are these edible pictures sold in the market or i ve to make them myself?
Re: How To Decorate A Cake- Please Help Urgently by afamgod(f): 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
ibizgirl: Edible pictures are sold/printed in cakes shops.

God bless you. You are a darling

(1) (Reply)

Catering School In Abeokuta / The Igbo Local Vegetable Salad / Devon King’s Introduces The King Of Spread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.