Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,898 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback (3486 Views)

Move To Impeach Fayose Suffers Setback / Lagos Gov. Race: Tinubu Lists Ground Rules For Aspirants / Ibb’s Son Joins Niger Gov Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by abu12: 9:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
http://www.punchng.com/news/adamawa-gub-race-ribadu-marwagundiri-suffer-setback/

National Working Committee members of the Peoples Democratic Party met in Abuja on Wednesday, but failed to discuss the issue of waiver for those who want to contest the party’s governorship bye- election in Adamawa State.Those who needed the waiver are the trio of the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu; a former Military Administrator of Lagos State, Brigadier-General Buba Marwa and a former governorship candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria in the state in 2011, Mr. Marcus Gundiri.
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by atlwireles: 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
Very good, hopefully the fake PDP members will be kept away from the primaries.
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 10:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ok,one othem will be the next governor

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by atlwireles: 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu: Ok,one othem will be the next governor

Hopefully not. There are PDP members, that remained in the party during the dark days in Adamawa. They should be given chance. No more fly by night membership. We need to learn from Nyako disaster.

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by egift(m): 10:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
"Wisdom is the principal thing" - King Solomon

The trio (Ribadu, Marwa and Marcus Gundiri) left where they will be king and impatiently jump to where they are treated like beggars. What a shame.

8 Likes

Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by abu12: 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
atlwireles: Very good, hopefully the fake PDP members will be kept away from the primaries.

Are u now saying Nuhu ribadu, Buba Marwa and Gundiri are APC. Moles in PDP? But u trust the acting Governor

U southern don't knw politics

6 Likes

Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by kokoA(m): 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
I'd be very disapointed if PDP offers any of these three her ticket in Adamawa.. Loyal party members who have stood by the party through the storm should be compensated not these ones who ran away.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by atlwireles: 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
abu12:

Are u now saying Nuhu ribadu, Buba Marwa and Gundiri are APC. Moles in PDP? But u trust the acting Governor

U southern don't knw politics

I hate to know politics like you. But PDP must learn to reward loyalty. The current Gov, had all the powers to join Nyako's side, when this APC nonsense started last june, he did not. That's all I need to know. All these acclaimed powers to be, were falling over themselves in Adamawa to join APC. Who should I trust, Nuhu, Marwa, Gundiri or a steady PDP man like the current acting gov.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by Eldavido1: 10:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
I fear for Nuhu Ribadu!

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by egift(m): 10:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
atlwireles: I hate to know politics like you. But PDP must learn to reward loyalty. The current Gov, had all the powers to join Nyako's side, when this APC nonsense started last june, he did not. That's all I need to know. All these acclaimed powers to be, were falling over themselves in Adamawa to join APC. Who should I trust, Nuhu, Marwa, Gundiri or a steady PDP man like the current acting gov.

Personally, I had hoped to see a contest between Ribaadu (APC) vs the current acting governor. But Ribadu has messed himself up by jumping ship when steadfastness was required.

6 Likes

Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by Nobody: 2:32am On Aug 21, 2014
egift:

Personally, I had hoped to see a contest between Ribaadu (APC) vs the current acting governor. But Ribadu has messed himself up by jumping ship when steadfastness was required.

Have you forgotten how Obj and Ribadu disgraced Atiku? Do you think he has forgotten? Do you think that he would allow Ribadu to fly the APC ticket, if he had remained in the party? Ribadu knew that which ever party he turns to(between the APC & PDP) there are people waiting to deal with him. He chose a lesser devil!

If he fails to get the PDP ticket in Adamawa, he'd be given an appointment by GEJ after 2015. Ribadu would fare better in PDP than APC.

8 Likes

Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by lakpalakpa: 2:57am On Aug 21, 2014
utumunta:

Have you forgotten how Obj and Ribadu disgraced Atiku? Do you think he has forgotten? Do you think that he would allow Ribadu to fly the APC ticket, if he had remained in the party? Ribadu knew that which ever party he turns to(between the APC & PDP) there are people waiting to deal with him. He chose a lesser devil!

If he fails to get the PDP ticket in Adamawa, he'd be given an appointment by GEJ after 2015. Ribadu would fare better in PDP than APC.

Nonsense!!

What about the people in PDP including Jona-daft and Sheepo who he also investigated??

He has no place in PDP, the loyal PDP members will not allow him decamp at night and be a flag-bearer in the morning.

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by Descartes: 5:56am On Aug 21, 2014
egift: "Wisdom is the principal thing" - King Solomon

The trio (Ribadu, Marwa and Marcus Gundiri) left where they will be king and impatiently jump to where they are treated like beggars. What a shame.
They are all pawns on Adamawa political chessboard. cheesy
Are you an elect-elect engineer
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by M0GIDI: 6:15am On Aug 21, 2014
There's a reason Adamawa APC members don't want PDP to field Ribadu, therefore, Ribadu it must be.
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by kelnas(m): 7:20am On Aug 21, 2014
In politics, there is no pamanent friend nor enemy! Loyalty to a party has no significance in Nigerian polities!
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:34am On Aug 21, 2014
atlwireles:

Hopefully not. There are PDP members, that remained in the party during the dark days in Adamawa. They should be given chance. No more fly by night membership. We need to learn from Nyako disaster.
i understand you sir,but different situation calls for different action
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 21, 2014

You are so right. The trio of them were dsperate and foolish. Let them enjoy their PDP dream. Even IF APC loses the poll, it wl afford the party a Great Opportunity to rebuild the party in Adamawa and prepare it for next Guber.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by omenka(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2014
gringringrin
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by egift(m): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2014
Descartes:
They are all pawns on Adamawa political chessboard. cheesy
Are you an elect-elect engineer

Specialty: Web Development.
Interests: Aeronautics and Astronomy.
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by egift(m): 8:03am On Aug 21, 2014
utumunta: Have you forgotten how Obj and Ribadu disgraced Atiku? Do you think he has forgotten? Do you think that he would allow Ribadu to fly the APC ticket, if he had remained in the party? Ribadu knew that which ever party he turns to(between the APC & PDP) there are people waiting to deal with him. He chose a lesser devil!

Every politics is local. Ribadu and Marwa had better shot at both the ticket and governorship seat in APC than the begging status in PDP. I did have preferred a "Governor Ribadu" - he is young, vibrant and has paid his due.
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by shift15(m): 8:04am On Aug 21, 2014
It is either the writer of this story is mischievous or does not understand what he wrote about. And in that case he should have ask for information.
[size=15pt]It is not in the power of NWC to grant or discuss waiver for any body. The issue of waiver is solely the responsibility of the NEC. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:14am On Aug 21, 2014
Eldavido1: I fear for Nuhu Ribadu!
honestly. He will be used and dumped. That's for sure!
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by oduastates: 8:22am On Aug 21, 2014
Why fear for the unprincipled mofo?
He has bitten the forbidden fruit.
PDP tactically removed him from the battlefield by dangling the apple on a string.
He is not going to be given a PDP ticket,neither is he going to be welcomed in the APC.
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by SirElaw(m): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2014
egift:

Ribadu was not going to get the APC governorship ticket. Atiku was not going to allow that.
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by Jesusloveyou: 11:16am On Aug 21, 2014
MzJackBaueress: honestly. He will be used and dumped. That's for sure!
i pity ribadu,fintiriand marwa,they have failed themselves.i would have prefer marwa to ribadu.fintiri should confess and apologies,and come to apc
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by desgiezd(m): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2014

This your fear is misplaced. They have succeeded in taking him out of the race which would have become almost an easy ride for him. I guess he should have been 100% sure of PDP's ticket before taking the plunge. He took the terrible plunge into the river before discovering that there was a huge hard rock just below the surface!
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by crazypatriot: 11:28am On Aug 21, 2014

Bros don't say where they are treated like beggars, they are beggars and ribadu isn't smart at all, well he was a police man not a politician.
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by crazypatriot: 11:31am On Aug 21, 2014
SirElaw:
Ribadu was not going to get the APC governorship ticket. Atiku was not going to allow that.
atiku does not determine what happen in APC, atiku can't stop ribadu, ribadu is just a plain novince who knows no jack about politics.
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by dridowu: 11:32am On Aug 21, 2014
Ok
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by emiye(m): 11:39am On Aug 21, 2014
Naive Ribadu .
Re: Adamawa Gov Race: Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri Suffer Setback by MisterLongman(m): 11:48am On Aug 21, 2014
Its just a bye- election and they want to kill themselves over it

(1) (2) (Reply)

De Potter College Of Health Technology Form Is Out / Seyi Makinde youngest governor Lead Ajimobi With A Wide Margin / Hausa/fulani.....flee The East Whenever There Is Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.