Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,799 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Top Speed Limiter - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top Speed Limiter (621 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Speed Limiter In Vehicles, Is It Really Necessary? / Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Speed Limiter by king406(m): 1:09am On Aug 21, 2014
Hello nairalanders, pls can u enlighten me on hw a cars speed limiter works and also what's the difference between 'electronically limited & governor limited'?
Re: Top Speed Limiter by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 21, 2014
Speed limiter is an electronic or mechanical device employed in vehicles to prevent them exceeding a particular speed usually to adhere to local road safety laws, speed capacity of vehicle, protect components of the vehicle and safety pass thru a type of road in a region.

Electronic speed limiters work by A series of sensors which detect how fast you're going, then communicate that information to the engine's computer, which manages nearly all the engine's functions. Once you reach a pre-determined top speed, the computer steps in and restricts the flow of air and fuel to the engine and even the sparks that cause combustion. Either way, you'll be unable to exceed the top speed as determined by the car's manufacturer

I don't know how mechanical speed governors work because I don't care.

(1) (Reply)

2014 Car- Can They Advance Timing Automatically To Match Mid Grade GAS Or? / 911 Spare Parts Suppliers Needed / Help, Mazda Engine Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.