Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed (3813 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. / My Car Vibrates When Engine Is Idling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by contactwale: 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
Please, I observe that my Toyota RAV4 SUV vibrates (I mean, the steering wheel and the car shaking and bumping) when I apply brake on top speed.

What could be the reason and solution please?
Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by agohmamuda(m): 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
Its a minor problem take it to a mechanic workshop. The problem is related/from the emergency/hand break. Little adjustment and you good.
Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by luvinhubby(m): 7:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
Your brake disc rotors are bad, change your brake disc together with the brake pads in the front.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
agohmamuda: Its a minor problem take it to a mechanic workshop. The problem is related/from the emergency/hand break. Little adjustment and you good.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa since when did stepping on brake pedal on high speed relates to emergency/handbrake issues? Pls don't give OP heart attack please
Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 10, 2013
lomomike:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa since when did stepping on brake pedal on high speed relates to emergency/handbrake issues? Pls don't give OP heart attack please
lolz! The way the guy said in Confidence, "tis a minor problem, take it to the mechanic workshop", i wonder what was in his mind indeed
Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 10, 2013
Front rotors are most likely warped, so they don't run true. Replace them, and fit new pads too, even if they've still got lots of life left in them.

1 Like

Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by contactwale: 6:10am On Dec 10, 2013
Thanks luvinhubby and Siena.

Can you recommend a good auto clinic. I really don't trust Lagos mechanic again.
Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by viperman: 8:46am On Dec 10, 2013
ABS system might just be the problem or your Rotors
Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 10, 2013
Siena: Front rotors are most likely warped, so they don't run true. Replace them, and fit new pads too, even if they've still got lots of life left in them.

sir,

please what are the consequences of using the old brake pad with the new disc.just anxious to know.

thanks.
Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 11, 2013
This one nobody wan answer me.I hope am in the right oder..still waiting for answers
Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 11, 2013
iykedenis: This one nobody wan answer me.I hope am in the right oder..still waiting for answers
as long as the old brakepads are those specified by the mnufacturer for your car and they arent worn out beyond their safe service usage, you are good to go. But if i were in your shoes, i'd change both rotor and pad together
Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 11, 2013
as for your vehicle vibrating when brake is depressed, i feel you should check your rotors, pads, wheel balance and alignment check your ABS too.
Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2013
lomomike: as long as the old brakepads are those specified by the mnufacturer for your car and they arent worn out beyond their safe service usage, you are good to go. But if i were in your shoes, i'd change both rotor and pad together

Am bit relieved ,thanks anyway,but my question was based on what oga siena said.."even if "so i was thinking maybe there must be a consequence for using old brake pads with new disc .
we need to know in case of tomorrow another person might ask me why,then i can explain without my months shaking.

still waiting for more clarifications..
thanks.
Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by luvinhubby(m): 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
Bad brake pads affects disc rotors & vice-versa. You may change one, but if the fault has affected the other, yoy will not get the required result.
Thank me later. grin
Re: Toyota SUV Vibrates When I Apply Brake On Top Speed by chukel(m): 1:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
contactwale: Please, I observe that my Toyota RAV4 SUV vibrates (I mean, the steering wheel and the car shaking and bumping) when I apply brake on top speed.

What could be the reason and solution please?
Bros, ur problem could either be rotors or ur wheels being out of balance. I wud advise u go to a reputable wheel alignment nd balance outlet nd get ur alignment nd wheel balanced first, cos dats cheaper dan buying rotors. If it persists, den consider changing ur rotors

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi / Camry 2003 Or Corolla 2003-which Is Better? / What Is Best Transmission And Engine Oil For ACURA MDX 02?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.