Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home (13737 Views)

West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola / Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. / Doctors’ Strike Cripples Hospitals Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by ebolablast: 8:18am On Aug 21, 2014
njj
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by ucheokpara100(m): 8:20am On Aug 21, 2014
bt i dnt ce any effect in port harcourt restaurants here.
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by isseke: 8:34am On Aug 21, 2014
this headline should be change because NIGERIA is not included.nigerian government dont seams to know the effect and damage this kind of headline could cost us.including other west africa that is not even affected at all.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 21, 2014
I hope our leaders will be proactive enough this time- MAN THE BORDERS on time, before these people start crawling on their hands and feet across the border to naija! We are still struggling with our internal shait in naija o, let them not import ebola on a larger scale.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by Bahadeje(m): 8:53am On Aug 21, 2014
Pls Gej as you said you are able to limit boko haram to only north, we beg you to please limit Ebola to only south.
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by Edusouls(m): 9:17am On Aug 21, 2014
May God come to the rescue of these people, this disease comes from the pits of hell, born out of extreme wickedness from the numerous unncountable atrocities mass massacares, devilish acts of child amputations, killings commited during war times, the waves of these wicked acts unleashed a deadly retaliation and punishment allowed by God..they should pray for God's mercy..

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 21, 2014
The disease is really out of control in Liberia and Sierra Leone...i hope we don't get another Sawyer soon

Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by davidif: 9:39am On Aug 21, 2014
quid: This is precisely the objective behind Ebola.
Cripple West Africa trade.

Disturb trade between East and West Africa, etc.

Ok. We shall see. .

What??
Which kind conclusion be this??
Stop confusing effect as cause. Gosh, the conspiracy theorists on nairaland can be so infuriating at times.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 21, 2014
Bahadeje: Pls Gej as you said you are able to limit boko haram to only north, we beg you to please limit Ebola to only south.
Ebola doesn't know the difference between North and South. An ebola carrier can get on a Kano bound flight, an ABC night bus going to Sokoto without being detected. Better pray along with others that ebola leaves naija kpatapata.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:41am On Aug 21, 2014
Ogun asotele kii pa aro toba gbon cool
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2014
masonkz: AFRICA, INVEST IN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!

There is absolutely no way a country can grow and develop without those, no matter how much we produce. As far as diseases keep coming up, we would keep running to western nations for help.

Our kids should be taught the benefits of these from the onset and encouraged to go into these, and government had better start investing heavily in research.

And no, religion won't help us.
U'VE SAID IT ALL cool

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2014
Babe,take it easy.He was just being sarcastic.smiley
candy:
Ebola doesn't know the difference between North and South. An ebola carrier can get on a Kano bound flight, an ABC night bus going to Sokoto without being detected. Better pray along with others that ebola leaves naija kpatapata.
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by amiskurie(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2014
Someone must be crazy in the head concerning the title of this thread

Don't generalize issues,how has it crippled Nigeria Ghana,Togo,Benin,Senegal and others economy.

For God's sake,Patrick Sawyer died in naija the way some Ebola patients died in morocco,Saudi and italy.

Please,don't spoil market for us with ur foolish headline Jor
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by booblacain(m): 9:45am On Aug 21, 2014
Not all conspiracy theories are false. Africa wake up.
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by ceejayluv(m): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2014
amiskurie: Someone must be crazy in the head concerning the title of this thread

Don't generalize issues,how has it crippled Nigeria Ghana,Togo,Benin,Senegal and others economy.

For God's sake, Patrick Sawyer died in naija the way some Ebola patients died in morocco,Saudi and italy.

Please,don't spoil market for us with ur foolish headline Jor
Source pls....
And Nigeria was never mentioned in the article. The ebola ish has affected regional trade and sundry biz, there's no need being in denial of that.
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by Simba757(m): 10:04am On Aug 21, 2014
Nigeria for the first time became Africa's largest economy and the deadliest strain of ebola appeared in west africa for the first time!
Apart from the cursed Patrick Sawyer another Liberian is reported to have the virus in Lagos.
How these cursed Liberians cross over four countries -Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo & Benin Rep - to target Nigeria begs for a big explanation no matter their 'means' of travel.
Considering the pathetic ties Liberia has with their former slave masters and the west's obvious fear of a strong black Africa, A GRAND CONSPIRACY may not be far from the truth here.
PEOPLE WE NEED TO WAKE UP!
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 21, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Babe,take it easy.He was just being sarcastic.smiley
Hmmm...we all being sarcastic na undecided
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2014
Na d way wey u take explain cause am
candy:
Hmmm...we all being sarcastic na undecided
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by Tobetoe(m): 10:23am On Aug 21, 2014
Dis is evil... Ooh God pls guide,protect and sanitize my nigeria.. Against dis evil virus.... Patrickkkkkk Sawyyyyyyyeeeeeeerrrrrrr i will neva forgive u for wat u caused us
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by neuljosh(m): 10:25am On Aug 21, 2014
simple2004: ok
rill: Ok

Okay :-)
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by Funjosh(m): 10:57am On Aug 21, 2014
EBOLA! EBOLA!! EBOLA!!! How many times did i call you?
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by RaptorX: 11:07am On Aug 21, 2014
Edusouls: May God come to the rescue of these people, this disease comes from the pits of hell, born out of extreme wickedness from the numerous unncountable atrocities mass massacares, devilish acts of child amputations, killings commited during war times, the waves of these wicked acts unleashed a deadly retaliation and punishment allowed by God..they should pray for God's mercy..
I believe you are on to something, the attrocities comitted during those wars were unspeakable.
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by jpphilips(m): 11:32am On Aug 21, 2014
eleojo23: It's quite unfortunate that Africa continues to be plagued by problems. These problems have continued to expose the cracks in our systems. [b]I believe we can learn something from all of these [/b]and that is to make our institutions stronger (eg. the health care system), invest in ventures (eg. research and science) that will make us self-reliant and enable us to manage unforseen occurrences such as this in the future. It's about time we wake up to reality. Africa's progress lies solely in the hands of Africans and I do hope we rise up to the challenge by thinking objectively, coming up with and executing strategic plans to tackle the problems that have stared us in the face for so long.

Naaa Africans are not designed to learn from anything, how did Nigeria get Ebola since the outbreak started in Aug 2012?
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by iamord(m): 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
Simba757: Nigeria for the first time became Africa's largest economy and the deadliest strain of ebola appeared in west africa for the first time!
Apart from the cursed Patrick Sawyer another Liberian is reported to have the virus in Lagos.
How these cursed Liberians cross over four countries -Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo & Benin Rep - to target Nigeria begs for a big explanation no matter their 'means' of travel.
Considering the pathetic ties Liberia has with their former slave masters and the west's obvious fear of a strong black Africa, A GRAND CONSPIRACY may not be far from the truth here.

Very. Stuuupid statement. U need to be shot on the leg at least .a lot of Rubbish. U spilling up here. And they r not. cursed, u are.. Mofo!
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by jpphilips(m): 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
Simba757: Nigeria for the first time became Africa's largest economy and the deadliest strain of ebola appeared in west africa for the first time!

you think it is a conspiracy huh!, lemme juggle your memory, when SARS came to china shortly after the result of their buoyant economic and population growth, Pundits like you said the same thing, guess what!! an airborne respiratory infection was contained and defeated. let me quickly ask you? was china bothered who brought it upon them? they took the challenge and quelled all threat, no other neighboring Asian country recorded an outbreak except for very few isolated cases.

Are you aware the volume of trade and foreign investments in Guinea, Liberia and sierra Leone? never Mind the fact that you think that the west will hurt an economy like ours which is practically surviving on foreign aid and investments? of course you don't know that part which qualifies you as ignorant!!

How did Sawyer get into the country when the WHO red alert for West Africa on Ebola was released in February 2014? Is it possible that the leadership you voted to power may have been sleeping while Ghana, Ivory coast and ordinary Senegal were all taking precautions? at least till august this year, none of these countries have recorded a single case however close they are to the Epicenter of the virus, conspiracy or not.
You didn't see the Administrative lapse here? you are even worse than I thought, you lack common sense amongst all your numerous frailties.

Still on the case of Sawyer, the doctor restrained Sawyer because she suspected he had Ebola, from that moment, it was expected that Sawyer would have been on quarantine with minimum exposure to people, guess what, first consultant does not have a quarantine facility, is it only made for Ebola? NO, ordinary TB deserves quarantine which happens to be the Killer opportunistic infection for HIV and Aids patients, in Lagos alone, over 3.8 million people are living with HIV, does it not bother you that Ministry of Health a subset of the govt you voted approved a substandard health care facility, that Administrative error is the reason why an NNPC staff who was an out patient at the time sawyer was admitted is struggling with her life,
Your inability to see this error makes you a m0r0n.
In a standard quarantine facility, there should be Bio hazard suits, are you not bothered that the same error above is the reason we cant even get volunteers to assist in the curtail of the Ebola menace?

Does it not bother you that Justina one of the nurses who made contact with sawyer was able to leave the quarantine zone and travel as far as Enugu to infect her boyfriend? my guess is that the quarantine zone has no security or, the patients there practically fend for themselves at least to have a reason to leave, your inability to spot this qualifies you as dumb.
whose responsibility is it to provide security for quarantine zones, America?

This is what people like you do, you go out there and vote a dumb person, when he manifests his buffoonery, you run to either the church seeking the face of your creator (even though he counsels you against making such mistake) OR you put it on America.

Corruption in the army has broken your last line of defense, it wont be long before boko haram goes on a killing spree, who will you blame then? let me guess, Britain!

A man who refuses to fix culpability where it belongs is not worthy to live, calling you a m0r0n is understating the obvious!!

I am very aware the conspiracy opinion you spewed there was yours and you expect it to be respected, however, considering your mental state (ignorant, m0r0nic and brazen loss of common sense), don't you think it is wise for you to Shut the fvck up in public!!

[sub]Forgive my out burst, I am allergic to reading from fvctards who lack the ability to connect the dots....
[/sub]

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by highchief3(m): 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
Preventing Ebola!

Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by Simba757(m): 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
iamord:

Very. Stuuupid statement. U need to be shot on the leg at least .a lot of Rubbish. U spilling up here. And they r not. cursed, u are.. Mofo!

Easy bro, we have seen countless conspiracies against Africa. I may have gone too far refering to the two Liberian victims as "cursed"- not Liberia as a country though - based on the innocent nigerians who have paid with their lives. But you spilling out such pathetic statements against me would not help the matter. The earlier we become aware of the vices of the west the safer we become.
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by iamord(m): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
Simba757:

Easy bro, we have seen countless conspiracies against Africa. I may have gone too far refering to the two Liberian victims as "cursed"- not Liberia as a country though - based on the innocent nigerians who have paid with their lives. But you spilling out such pathetic statements against me would not help the matter. The earlier we become aware of the vices of the west the safer we become.

There are vices of the west quite alright!! But not everything should be put up against them ! There comes a Time in life that we have to begin to ask why us and look inwards! For heavens sake are we the only ones or. Earth Its possible that ebola can be used as a biological weapon but this current epidemic has nothing to do with that! So far as earth and humans are concern we are all vulnerable to attacks for all sort. Both from natural to man made. So no one is exempted !Do I need to still be advocating for well equipped institutions to counter such Research, urban planning and sanitation, appropriate education In this generation an age That we are supposed to know better?? Cmon! We have ourselves to blame!!!! When are we going to stop the cry of they are always doing uus.. Kilode

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by iamord(m): 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
highchief3: Preventing Ebola!

Pls I beg..gimme link for this. Pic!!
Re: Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home by dasparrow: 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
@Post

I know that this too shall pass. There was a time that this disease plagued parts of East Africa: Uganda I think. But today, that country has been able to overcome the disease. I believe that someday, this too shall pass in Yeshua's Name, amen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For January 29 2021 In Nigeria / Please What Can I Use For My Skin That Harshly Reacts To Mosquito Bite / Could Excess Eye Log/gunk (ipin Oju) Be A Sytomtom Of A Diseases?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.