Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (590774 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Finn081(f): 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

450 is cool o. since I am not rushing I can opt for something similar. However, is there anyway I can check online? cos the one I saw online was Ems speed post and it will cost about 10.5k, according to the website . in addition, I just checked the Finland cost too.. it will be about 8.5k. please from which state did you send?

I used Nipost and I send It from Osun State. EMS and dhl are very cost because they are effective, you can't compare It with Nipost.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Finn081:

I used Nipost and I send It from Osun State. EMS and dhl are very cost because they are effective, you can't compare It with Nipost.
OK. Now I have a clear understanding of the situation. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Quadorup(m): 10:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
Solitin40:
Done
please bro I need IELTS material(s) qudorup@yhoo.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 7:49am On Feb 07, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

OK. Now I have a clear understanding of the situation. Thanks
Ems and nipost are dsame
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 9:07am On Feb 07, 2016
Solitin40:

Ems and nipost are dsame

Perhaps there is an option of how soon I want it delivered...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by RetroBoy: 9:09am On Feb 07, 2016
I wrote the Academic version of the test last month, and I got the following scores:
Listening-8.5
Reading-8.5
Writing-8
Speaking-7.5
Overall-8
IELTS looks daunting before preparation, especially the writing aspect, graphs and all. However, as I came to realize, with ample preparation, the test is quite easy.
Ensure you practice all aspects under EXAM CONDITIONS a minimum of 7 times. .the real exam won't be strange at all
That was my 1st attempt by the way
If you need tips and pointers, I'd be happy to share waht worked for me
0808 785 5926
Whatsapp only please

6 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 11:32am On Feb 07, 2016
Quadorup:

please bro I need IELTS material(s)
qudorup@yhoo.com
Check ur address very well or u pm me
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 11:33am On Feb 07, 2016
RetroBoy:
I wrote the Academic version of the test last month, and I got the following scores:
Listening-8.5
Reading-8.5
Writing-8
Speaking-7.5
Overall-8
IELTS looks daunting before preparation, especially the writing aspect, graphs and all. However, as I came to realize, with ample preparation, the test is quite easy.
Ensure you practice all aspects under EXAM CONDITIONS a minimum of 7 times. .the real exam won't be strange at all
0808 785 5926
Whatsapp only please
Congrats
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Quadorup(m): 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
Solitin40:
Check ur address very well or u pm me
sowie bro..it is quadorup@yahoo.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 08, 2016
drobadebayo:

please sire i need the last 3 numbers on ur trf,i believe that should be the centre code for ibadan

sorry for late response, NG150
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ayansdan2007: 10:20am On Feb 08, 2016
Plz bro i need this material too. ayansdan2007@gmail.com
RetroBoy:
Listening-8.5
Reading-8.5
Writing-8
Speaking-7.5
Overall-8
0808 785 5926
Whatsapp only please
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
anybody received TRF for Jan 23 test date. make this people do answer person OH

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by amusco2410: 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
@soliti40,pls I need Ielts materials,my email is amusco2@yahoo.com.tanx
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
WhyNa (the father of this thread) we no dey see you again here.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
ThinkCEO:

I wan go collect tomorrow
@ which center
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
Fortissimo:
WhyNa (the father of this thread) we no dey see you again here.

My oga I'm loyal o. I dey read and follow in silence o. I now have very good people who have gained and are now helping others. I mustn't steal all the show you know cheesy

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by jc2xl(m): 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
Guys I dey hail all of una here. Abeg I need IELTS materials adeptenes@yahoo.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 09, 2016
RetroBoy:
Listening-8.5
Reading-8.5
Writing-8
Speaking-7.5
Overall-8
0808 785 5926
Whatsapp only please
Congrats sir! I want to be like you. smiley
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
if u drop ur email for IELTS MATERIALS chck ur box i 've SENT it
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by weirdarkhitekt(m): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hello, please I want to register for ielts academic test but the website is saying no dates available. How do I go about it. I want to write the exam in Abuja but I'm in Kaduna rn
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mystical10: 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
Solitin40:
please Bros I need IELTS material kessymore10@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
please I need review about check inn hotel ibadan dat is the venue of my speaking test before d test what will happen
whr will i askd whn i get der
thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chucksbadt(m): 9:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
Good day house. Is the march portal still open. When is the deadline, am in Port Harcourt, how do i register?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 11:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
chucksbadt:
Good day house. Is the march portal still open. When is the deadline, am in Port Harcourt, how do i register?
Chck to find out maybe March is not full
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by RetroBoy: 4:33am On Feb 13, 2016
Solitin40:
please I need review about check inn hotel ibadan dat is the venue of my speaking test before d test what will happen
whr will i askd whn i get der
thanks
Getting to Ibadan, find your way to CUSTOMS on Bodija-Secretariat Road. Check-Inn is adjacent to the MTN district office. .you can't miss it
Get there at least an hour before the test.
Your biometrics will be taken before you go in for the interview, which lasts for about 5 minutes
Don't be nervous or apprehensive. ..be natural. Don't answer questions with 'yes' or' no'' ...expand and KEEP ON TALKING UNTIL YOU'RE STOPPED. The examiner really just wants to find out if you can understand and converse in English to a satisfactory level.
Answer the questions asked and don't go off-topic. Feel free to be creative and imaginative while talking. ..ot makes the interview less boring, and the examiner is likely to give you better marks.
The speaking test is divided into 3 parts..
part 1-Examiner asks you personal questions: name, schooling/studies, home, growing up, hobbies, work, etc.
Try to practice over these areas, as they'll surely come up. When asked about hobbies, for example, it is not enough to say 'football' and stop. Explain why you like football, how often you play it, your favorite teams, etc UNTIL YOU'RE STOPPED.
Part 2-A topic is given to you to talk about for about 2 minutes. Uou have a minute to jot notes on what to say...make use of this time and marshall your thoughts together. ..it is very easy to start and get stuck on the way. Again, keep on talking UNTIL YOU'RE STOPPED.
Part 3 builds on 2 , but more abstract questions that require reasoning are asked. Give yourself a second or two to process the answer before speaking. ..always try ro answer the questions and not say something unconnected in a bid to keep talking. The examiner will think you don't understand English and mark you down.
This part is generally fast as salvos of questions are fired at you.
The test is over before you know it, and you leave the room.
All the best

Due to some Whatsapp issues, I'll answer any questions on tips on this thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by emmax2alfa: 6:15am On Feb 13, 2016
Hello everyone, just wanted to share my IELTS experience.

I was faced with a choice of seeking admission with very little time to prepare for the IELTS Exams. As a matter of fact, I had just 13 days for my prep. A friend therefore recommended two websites for me to use to prepare.

So, for Writing, I used www.ieltsryan.com and also watched his Youtube Videos and interviews with successful test takers.

And I used www.ieltsliz.com for the Reading, Speaking and Listening prep.

My results were as follows:

Reading 7.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8.0
Listening 8.5

Overall 7.5

Wish everyone the best.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chucksbadt(m): 11:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
Solitin40:

Please send it for me. My email is koffichucks@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iphie25(f): 7:31am On Feb 14, 2016
RetroBoy:
Listening-8.5
Reading-8.5
Writing-8
Speaking-7.5
Overall-8
0808 785 5926
Whatsapp only please

Congrats dear. Pls what were ur minimum, average and highest scores while u were practicing for IELTS?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by RetroBoy: 7:39am On Feb 14, 2016
iphie25:

Congrats dear. Pls what were ur minimum, average and highest scores while u were practicing for IELTS?
Average scores
Listening-35/40
Writing-No way to grade that
Speaking-no way to grade that
Reading-32/40

The important thing is to know why you missed the answers in your practice and go over it again

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iphie25(f): 7:56am On Feb 14, 2016
RetroBoy:

Average scores
Listening-35/40
Writing-No way to grade that
Speaking-no way to grade that
Reading-32/40

The important thing is to know why you missed the answers in your practice and go over it again
Yeah...same thing am getting. I average 34-36 marks on each of them, L&R. Been dreaming of the day I'll get 40 out of 40 grin.

But how did you rate d exam and ur performance?(I mean b4 ur results came out)
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 10:21am On Feb 14, 2016
iphie25:

Yeah...same thing am getting. I average 34-36 marks on each of them, L&R. Been dreaming of the day I'll get 40 out of 40 grin.

But how did you rate d exam and ur performance?(I mean b4 ur results came out)
the listening should be your strength. I kept practicing till I was able to make 39-40.. minimum of 35. then I knew my least possible score was 8/9. I made 8.5 for the test.
for the reading, the true or false questions are usually tricky. my practice tests, I scored between 30-35.. sometime I scored 27.. and it affected my preparation. for the exam, I made 7.0
as for the speaking, ... I made 7. no special practice but I kept the picture of the examiner in my head and on that day it was like I have been there before. you can see videos on YouTube.
writing was 6.5. I trashed task 1 well but task 2 was a topic I had no idea on.. but I fulfilled task requirements of over 250 words.
just keep practicing and be familiar with all question type. put your best on exam day.. the pattern will come.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.