Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (591330 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
This tutorial is for peaople that want to register for IELTS exam outside Lagos(ife,ekiti,ilorin,osogbo,offa,ibadan,benin,etc.) dnt get it trwisted what am saying is that if you are not living in lagos where BC office is located and you want to write d exam outside lagos this little piece is for you(how to register and pay for the exam)

1.Go to https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/nigeria
find the suitable and available date,city and the module you want to write and then Apply
when u want to apply please be careful to read it over again like 4times esp ur fone no,email,passport no,address,ur name same as the passport name.

2.PAYMENT
In my own case i went for the offline but if u having been using ur debit card(mastercard,visacard,verse) for transantion online u can go for online but if u having difficulties with the online d other payment mode is offline(bank draft).
check ur email, you will be sent a mail about your registration (reference no will be sent to you) copy d no nd also STAR d mail for easy location. now payment....
How to get a bank draft is going to any NATIONWIDE banks(gtb,diamond,wema,first,zenith,etc)PLEASE DONT USE MICROFINANCE BANK OO
go to d bank draft section of d bank tell d cashier you need a bank draft infavour of british council.It is now #52000 may sure u have lyk 53000 naira in your acct for there own charges in my own case gtb charged me #500 pèré making 52500 but u knw bank differs

3.SENDING
This stage is how to send ur draft to Britich Council.
Go to any NIPOST office wth EMS sign post (ems is lyk nipost dhl,ups) make sure u ve ur international Passport photocopy with u make sure d passport is clear and also d name .At d post office tell dem u want to send a register letter to 20,Thompson Avenue,Ikoyi,lagos ( u will see the address when you log in with ur email nd d reference no)in my own case frm OAU CAMPUS TO IKOYI cost me #1575 just me dem #1600 bcuz dey cant ve change u knw naija now In d evelope make sure u put ur draft and d photocopy seal it nd make sure u pray inside u dat dis tin get there fast and save hahaha dnt worry joor registered mail is save.The post men will guide u how to address please ask them ooo 53k no be small money o.This will take dem 2 to 4dayz in my own case i sent on tuesday and i saw my confiramation mail on Monday (datz 3dayz) as per monday to friday working dayz .May sure u chck ur mail often ooo esp d SPAM section becuz i was nt sent any sms but my friend was sent so ur mail is very important

AFTER CONFIRAMATION THE NEXT STAGE IS PREPARTION WHICH I WILL TALK ABOUT LATER BUT LET ME GIVE U DIS TIPS
YOUTUBE TIBUDY IELTSBUDDY GOODLUCKIELTS DCIELTS ACEIELTS IELTS-MENTOR IELTSESSENTIAL IPASSIELTS TESTBIG ALL IN .COM AND ALSO DONT FORGET TO CHCK DOS LINK SOME PPLE DROPPED THEY ARE ALL HELPFUL
I WILL POST SOME PICTURES FOR PPLE TO SEE HOW SOME OF DIS TINS LUK LIKE

BYE FOR NOW.DNT MIND MY TYPO ERRORS OO

SHOLZ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by pearlon24(f): 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
hello house I will be writing IELTS by February and am a nervous wreck. please ooo I need encouragement and also which center is better between Enugu and Portharcourt
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
pearlon24:
hello house I will be writing IELTS by February and am a nervous wreck. please ooo I need encouragement and also which center is better between Enugu and Portharcourt
center will nt affect ur scores or the question but ur knowledge
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by pearlon24(f): 4:15am On Jan 13, 2016
Solitin40:
center will nt affect ur scores or the question but ur knowledge

am asking about the center cause I want to know which is more organized.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
British council is yet to send my Exam details. it's past 10 days before the exam date, and I am scheduled to write in Benin on 23rd of this month
do they usually take this long?, I am worried.
I have sent a mail though but they won't respond...
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
For those of us that have collected our results, if you examine the test report form, you will observe that there is a section called "Country or Region of Origin" in the form. I discovered that on my report form, that place was left blank. I just want to ask if it is nothing to worry about or they omitted the information. I expected them to fill this part as NIGERIA but they just left it blank. All other details were filled apart from the administrator comments section which i know can be left blank.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 15, 2016
shodexy:
For those of us that have collected our results, if you examine the test report form, you will observe that there is a section called "Country or Region of Origin" in the form. I discovered that on my report form, that place was left blank. I just want to ask if it is nothing to worry about or they omitted the information. I expected them to fill this part as NIGERIA but they just left it blank. All other details were filled apart from the administrator comments section which i know can be left blank.
mine is blank too.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by prolify: 6:11am On Jan 16, 2016
Hello House,i would like to know if the confirmation of the online payment be sent to your mail?and can someone else help pay with their card?Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 6:15am On Jan 16, 2016
prolify:
Hello House,i would like to know if the confirmation of the online payment be sent to your mail?and can someone else help pay with their card?Thanks
just check your candidate area on the website. you should see "confirmed"

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 6:17am On Jan 16, 2016
madakiagwom:

mine is blank too.
greetings,
please how long did it take before you got your test venue, and which mode of communication was adopted (text/ Email) . I am yet to get any Info as regards my benin venue and exam is next Saturday
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Ife4real: 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
Solitin40:
This tutorial is for peaople that want to register for IELTS exam outside Lagos(ife,ekiti,ilorin,osogbo,offa,ibadan,benin,etc.) dnt get it trwisted what am saying is that if you are not living in lagos where BC office is located and you want to write d exam outside lagos this little piece is for you(how to register and pay for the exam)

1.Go to https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/nigeria
find the suitable and available date,city and the module you want to write and then Apply
when u want to apply please be careful to read it over again like 4times esp ur fone no,email,passport no,address,ur name same as the passport name.

2.PAYMENT
In my own case i went for the offline but if u having been using ur debit card(mastercard,visacard,verse) for transantion online u can go for online but if u having difficulties with the online d other payment mode is offline(bank draft).
check ur email, you will be sent a mail about your registration (reference no will be sent to you) copy d no nd also STAR d mail for easy location. now payment....
How to get a bank draft is going to any NATIONWIDE banks(gtb,diamond,wema,first,zenith,etc)PLEASE DONT USE MICROFINANCE BANK OO
go to d bank draft section of d bank tell d cashier you need a bank draft infavour of british council.It is now #52000 may sure u have lyk 53000 naira in your acct for there own charges in my own case gtb charged me #500 pèré making 52500 but u knw bank differs

3.SENDING
This stage is how to send ur draft to Britich Council.
Go to any NIPOST office wth EMS sign post (ems is lyk nipost dhl,ups) make sure u ve ur international Passport photocopy with u make sure d passport is clear and also d name .At d post office tell dem u want to send a register letter to 20,Thompson Avenue,Ikoyi,lagos ( u will see the address when you log in with ur email nd d reference no)in my own case frm OAU CAMPUS TO IKOYI cost me #1575 just me dem #1600 bcuz dey cant ve change u knw naija now In d evelope make sure u put ur draft and d photocopy seal it nd make sure u pray inside u dat dis tin get there fast and save hahaha dnt worry joor registered mail is save.The post men will guide u how to address please ask them ooo 53k no be small money o.This will take dem 2 to 4dayz in my own case i sent on tuesday and i saw my confiramation mail on Monday (datz 3dayz) as per monday to friday working dayz .May sure u chck ur mail often ooo esp d SPAM section becuz i was nt sent any sms but my friend was sent so ur mail is very important

AFTER CONFIRAMATION THE NEXT STAGE IS PREPARTION WHICH I WILL TALK ABOUT LATER BUT LET ME GIVE U DIS TIPS
YOUTUBE TIBUDY IELTSBUDDY GOODLUCKIELTS DCIELTS ACEIELTS IELTS-MENTOR IELTSESSENTIAL IPASSIELTS TESTBIG ALL IN .COM AND ALSO DONT FORGET TO CHCK DOS LINK SOME PPLE DROPPED THEY ARE ALL HELPFUL
I WILL POST SOME PICTURES FOR PPLE TO SEE HOW SOME OF DIS TINS LUK LIKE

BYE FOR NOW.DNT MIND MY TYPO ERRORS OO

SHOLZ

please what is the procedures for people living in Lagos?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ife4real:

please what is the procedures for people living in Lagos?
same procedures but instead of sending using courier u will just take d draft to BRITISH COUNCIL OFFICE nd d photocopy of ur passport datz all.This is faster
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by s3nn2x(m): 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2016
Solitin40:

same procedures but instead of sending using courier u will just take d draft to BRITISH COUNCIL OFFICE nd d photocopy of ur passport datz all.This is faster
I am in Abuja, but I want to do the exams in Lagos because I will be there by then. My question is, is it possible for me to apply and submit the bank draft in Abuja and write the exams in Lagos?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Finn081(f): 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2016
s3nn2x:

I am in Abuja, but I want to do the exams in Lagos because I will be there by then. My question is, is it possible for me to apply and submit the bank draft in Abuja and write the exams in Lagos?

Yeah! sure you can submit the bank draft in Abuja and write the exam in Lagos so far you chose Lagos as your test center.

For those far from Lag and Abj I would advise you guys to you mastercard for payment it is fast and convenient. That's what I use and I got confirmed two days after payment.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 9:58pm On Jan 19, 2016
s3nn2x:

Yes it's possible but during registration u will pick lagos as test center. Hope dis helps?

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2016
Finn081:

Yeah! sure you can submit the bank draft in Abuja and write the exam in Lagos so far you chose Lagos as your test center.

For those far from Lag and Abj I would advise you guys to you mastercard for payment it is fast and convenient. That's what I use and I got confirmed two days after payment.
Exchange rates r nt smiling o
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
shodexy:

Mine is blank too. I remember though, I didn't see this part when I was filling the online form during registration. This is a very simple test, even an average speaker can get a good band with little preparation.

Good luck everyone :-)
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Finn081(f): 6:22am On Jan 20, 2016
Solitin40:

Exchange rates r nt smiling o

What do you mean by exchage rates are not smiling? As far as I know IELTS Is still 52k
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
If u nid IELTS materials for free drop ur email address or PM me so dat i can send u d links to download
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 11:08am On Jan 21, 2016
finally got my exam venue constantial Hotel Benin, this Saturday, Speaking on Sunday Morning
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by pearlon24(f): 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
Solitin40:
If u nid IELTS materials for free drop ur email address or PM me so dat i can send u d links to download

pearlon24@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2016
Cottyekundayo:
finally got my exam venue constantial Hotel Benin, this Saturday, Speaking on Sunday Morning
U mean writing on Saturday nd ur speaking is Sunday morning?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
Solitin40:

U mean writing on Saturday nd ur speaking is Sunday morning?
ys
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
Listening 6.0
Reading 6.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 6.5
Overall Band 6.5

Ibadan Centre, Jan 9th

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by veleta: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
Please,who wrote ielts on 9th January,at Hawthorn Suite Abuja abs has seen his result?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
veleta:
Please,who wrote ielts on 9th January,at Hawthorn Suite Abuja abs has seen his result?

Not sure abt Abj but Lag is out.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by veleta: 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2016
Kk,thanks alot
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by herbert7: 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
Do embassy require ielts or just for admission into colleges or univs
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by trendy09(f): 5:26pm On Jan 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Finn081(f): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
E be like say na Ibadan peeps plenty here. Just check mine S-6.5 W-6.5 L-6.5 R-6.5 Overall-6.5
Also wrote in Ib.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by veleta: 7:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
Abuja guys how far?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
trendy09:
Wanna say a very big thank u 2 ielts nairalanders for d guidelines nd hints...u all are d best.Jst checkd my result now(written on jan.9 in ibadan)...jst as xpected.

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 6.5
Overall: 7.5
GRACIAS!

Good scores. the Latter shall surpass the former. writing my exam tomorrow in benin 23-01-16.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.