Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (588965 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by uckennety(m): 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2018
Time to follow this thread
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by terens: 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2018
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by terens: 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2018
U
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Mrking20: 3:14am On Mar 30, 2018
I saw this error when trying to register online for May 24 test date. Has anyone experience this kind of error?

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by simayg: 2:09pm On Apr 03, 2018
EddieAsuzu:

Am really interested. Please, send me the materials yoù used to Edoziey@yahoo.com
need the materials too @mayorsilas3@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by accolade29: 9:09am On Apr 06, 2018
Please has anyone who wrote exams on March 24, 2018 in Lagos seen their provisional online results?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mosky47: 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2018
So the result is out now. I had an overall band of 8.
LRWS was 8.0, 9.0, 7.0, 8.

I'm so grateful to God. And to everyone who has contributed on this thread.

mosky47:
Hi everyone. Thank you all for posting on this thread. I used information from here to prepare for my IELTS.

Although my result is not out, I am confident that it will be good. I hope to share my experiences here, but I will be more confident after I see the result....lol.

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mayort12(f): 3:41pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hi everyone,please I really need help. I'm about to apply and I want to know if the bank transfer is a good option or do I just opt for the bank draft.
Your responses are highly needed. Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ELDINO: 3:51pm On Apr 06, 2018
Please guys I need the materials too. My mail is elijahthomasintl2011@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mosky47: 7:34pm On Apr 06, 2018
I don't know if people have materials of small sizes that can be emailed to you. Most of the materials are online. There are lots of them. I downloaded some videos from YouTube. You can access them yourself.

Useful websites are: ieltsliz.com; ieltsbuddy.com; ieltsonlinetests.com.
For the videos, I found Jay videos the most useful, although they are long. Liz's videos are good, short but they are many. Most of the Liz videos can't be downloaded from YouTube. On YouTube, just search for 'IELTS Reading', 'IELTS Speaking Jay' or any other key words you need.

You can get all the materials you need by yourself.

ELDINO:
Please guys I need the materials too. My mail is elijahthomasintl2011@gmail.com. Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by simayg: 11:46am On Apr 11, 2018
Pls which one is the best, IDP or BC?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by maimuadamu: 8:46am On Apr 13, 2018
Please I need the materials too my e-mail is mladamu07 @gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by MrBigiman: 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2018
mosky47:
So the result is out now. I had an overall band of 8.
LRWS was 8.0, 9.0, 7.0, 8.

I'm so grateful to God. And to everyone who has contributed on this thread.

Congrats. Amazing score. Was it general or academic u took?

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mosky47: 8:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
Thanks.

I took the academic test.
MrBigiman:

Congrats. Amazing score. Was it general or academic u took?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by MrBigiman: 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2018
mosky47:
Thanks.
I took the academic test.
How blessed u are.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mosky47: 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2018
Thanks. I will briefly share my experience.

READING: I heard this was the most difficult, so I decided to pay more attention to it. I did well over 50 practice tests, mostly through www.ieltsonlinetests.com. I practiced without timing initially, so as to get used to the questions. After then I erroneously timed for 30 minutes, and each time I was around Q36 when it got to 30 mins. When I realized it was a 40 minutes exam, I was already used to my speed. Other useful sites were ieltsbuddy.com and ieltsliz.com. I became less afraid of the test, when I told myself that all the answers were found in the passage, and I didn't need any extra information. By God's grace, I got a 9.0 here.

LISTENING: Apparently the easiest part of the exam. But one needs to concentrate. I also did practice tests, but cheated, because I paused and rewound when I didn't get a word. It was in my last week of preparations that I stopped rewinding. On the test day, I missed a question during the 3-person conversation. This made me miss another 2 or 3. My final score in listening was 8.0

SPEAKING: I always felt I could speak English, so I didn't spend time preparing for speaking. A week to my speaking test date, I started practising answering, and saw that it was a big deal, especially the Task 2 where you have to speak for 2 minutes. It really scared me. Just a day to the test, I stumbled on Jay's PPF method for speaking, and I believe that was what helped me. I got an 8.0 in speaking

WRITING: I always fell short of the 150 words and 250 words for Task 1 and Task 2 respectively. This part of the test was my greatest fear. However, few days to the test, I started preparing with Jay's videos from YouTube. I wish I had discovered him earlier. On test day, the questions were not difficult and I wrote well over the required word count. Apparently, I didn't do so well in the cohesion et al. because I had a 7. I was so excited to see my score, though.

Overall, nothing replaces practice, practice and more practice. With God by your side, ALL THINGS are possible.

MrBigiman:

How blessed u are.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by MrBigiman: 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2018
mosky47:
Thanks. I will briefly share my experience.

READING: I heard this was the most difficult, so I decided to pay more attention to it. I did well over 50 practice tests, mostly through www.ieltsonlinetests.com. I practiced without timing initially, so as to get used to the questions. After then I erroneously timed for 30 minutes, and each time I was around Q36 when it got to 30 mins. When I realized it was a 40 minutes exam, I was already used to my speed. Other useful sites were ieltsbuddy.com and ieltsliz.com. I became less afraid of the test, when I told myself that all the answers were found in the passage, and I didn't need any extra information. By God's grace, I got a 9.0 here.

LISTENING: Apparently the easiest part of the exam. But one needs to concentrate. I also did practice tests, but cheated, because I paused and rewound when I didn't get a word. It was in my last week of preparations that I stopped rewinding. On the test day, I missed a question during the 3-person conversation. This made me miss another 2 or 3. My final score in listening was 8.0

SPEAKING: I always felt I could speak English, so I didn't spend time preparing for speaking. A week to my speaking test date, I started practising answering, and saw that it was a big deal, especially the Task 2 where you have to speak for 2 minutes. It really scared me. Just a day to the test, I stumbled on Jay's PPF method for speaking, and I believe that was what helped me. I got an 8.0 in speaking

WRITING: I always fell short of the 150 words and 250 words for Task 1 and Task 2 respectively. This part of the test was my greatest fear. However, few days to the test, I started preparing with Jay's videos from YouTube. I wish I had discovered him earlier. On test day, the questions were not difficult and I wrote well over the required word count. Apparently, I didn't do so well in the cohesion et al. because I had a 7. I was so excited to see my score, though.

Overall, nothing replaces practice, practice and more practice. With God by your side, ALL THINGS are possible.

Well done. I took the academic a while back also and made an overall of 7.5. I will most assuredly do the UKVI pretty soon. It's good to succeed.

4 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mosky47: 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2018
Congrats to you too. Thanks for your response to an earlier post of mine, when I asked for directions in preparations.
Thanks again.
MrBigiman:

Well done. I took the academic a while back also and made an overall of 7.5. I will most assuredly do the UKVI pretty soon. It's good to succeed.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by wumibams(f): 11:54am On Apr 19, 2018
mosky47:
I don't know if people have materials of small sizes that can be emailed to you. Most of the materials are online. There are lots of them. I downloaded some videos from YouTube. You can access them yourself.

Useful websites are: ieltsliz.com; ieltsbuddy.com; ieltsonlinetests.com.
For the videos, I found Jay videos the most useful, although they are long. Liz's videos are good, short but they are many. Most of the Liz videos can't be downloaded from YouTube. On YouTube, just search for 'IELTS Reading', 'IELTS Speaking Jay' or any other key words you need.

You can get all the materials you need by yourself.

pls i need the materials too. my email is bukkybams2003@yahoo.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Ogeechy: 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2018
Good day.
Please has anyone who wrote the IELTS UkVI on 7th April 2018 been able to check the result?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by DOVpet(m): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2018
Pls IELTS will cost like how much?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Ayooluwa18(f): 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ielts is now 75k
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by feezprops(m): 7:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
thanks for sharing
this is my email = enitanfashola@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by feezprops(m): 7:53pm On Apr 23, 2018
i also saw that error while trying to go to the candidate area for study
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Ronniedee: 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
EddieAsuzu:

Hello, would appreciate if you can send me other materials you mentioned you have to my email addy: lollamee@hotmail.com . Thanks

Am really interested. Please, send me the materials yoù used to Edoziey@yahoo.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dives(m): 7:49am On Apr 25, 2018
Mrking20:
I saw this error when trying to register online for May 24 test date. Has anyone experience this kind of error?

I saw a similar error message. Have you been able to register? If yes, please how did you go about it?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by sultan204: 9:04am On Apr 25, 2018
Hello.... everyone.
Please i needsome information about IELT from all.
I refused to confirm (complete) my registration just few weeks ago by not paying the fee before deadline for payment. Now i am ready to re-apply and ready to choose the nearest available date for the test.
Please will I face any complications because of my first application which i didn't complete?
For the payment, which mode is the safest, online payment or by bankdraft?
please i need to know in details how to go through the two ways of payments.
Anybody with the academic mode materials should please send to my email :salman204@live.com
thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by sultan204: 9:09am On Apr 25, 2018
dives:

I saw a similar error message. Have you been able to register? If yes, please how did you go about it?
ives post=67008703]

I saw a similar error message. Have you been able to register? If yes, please how did you go about it?[/quote]

Please, what error is that cos i am about to register too.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Bigeye231: 10:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
I made a mistake on my surname because an alphabet is not correct....My name is OPARA and I mistakenly wrote OPERA....Hope it can be corrected?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by pecorico: 5:11pm On Apr 29, 2018
pls, send any IELTS book to me on olundegodsent@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.