Stats: 3,194,661 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:56 AM

10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand (3282 Views)

Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / 10 Classes Of Christians That Make God Weep. / How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians (2) (3) (4)

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by PastorOluT(m): 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
Zikdik:
The Bible is NOT the WORD of God?

Says who, what do u understand as the word of God?
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by PastorOluT(m): 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
Liveair:

There is a fine line between LOGIC and SENTIMENTS.
Read the earlier posts where I gave FACTS and LOGIC not sentiments.

I gave example of the different diverse christian
doctrines, understandings, teachings and beliefs, all declaring to have been inspired by same Holy Spirit.
I gave several erroneous bible passages, proving that even the accepted christian manual cannot be trusted as truth.

Place verifiable facts here pls.

Ur interpretation, even some u quoted was pure misquotation
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by PastorOluT(m): 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
Zikdik:
....chai....
Go back to high school. Your knowledge of Biology is awful.

Smile, high school taught u u came from primate?
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by malvisguy212: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
Zikdik:
The Bible is NOT the WORD of God?
In the bible there are 3 things you need to know.
1.the direct word of God.
2.the holy spirit inspire word. I.e....."and the word of God came to me, or thus say they Lord".
3.the opinion of men,this is were you find contradiction. You say the bible is full of error,right? I ask you to show me the error.

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by frank317: 6:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
malvisguy212: In the bible there are 3 things you need to know.
1.the direct word of God.
2.the holy spirit inspire word. I.e....."and the word of God came to me, or thus say they Lord".
3.the opinion of men,this is were you find contradiction. You say the bible is full of error,right? I ask you to show me the error.

Is the bible refered to as the word of God or not? With all these your classification, what should call the bible? The word of God, men and holy spirit? What do even mean by he direct word of God? Are you trying to say he directly spoke and wrote those parts himself? Can't you see that the more you give excuse for this 'great' book, the more you expose its falsehood?

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by malvisguy212: 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
frank317:

Is the bible refered to as the word of God or not? With all these your classification, what should call the bible? The word of God, men and holy spirit? What do even mean by he direct word of God? Are you trying to say he directly spoke and wrote those parts himself? Can't you see that the more you give excuse for this 'great' book, the more you expose its falsehood?
read this verse.
John 18:38 Pilate said to him, “What is truth?” After
he had said this, he went back outside to
the Jews and told them, “I find no guilt in
him.

If you are open minded, you will understand my point. That why I said THE BIBLE IS A SEALED BOOK TO THE LEARN AND UNLEARNED UNTIL YOU STUDY IT WITH A TEACHABLE SPIRIT AND THE GUIDANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by malvisguy212: 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
frank317:

John 18:38 Pilate said to him, “What is truth?” After
he had said this, he went back outside to
the Jews and told them, “I find no guilt in
him.

Who is speaking in this verse? Is it not pilait? Is he inspire by God?
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by malvisguy212: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
Liveair:

Malvisguy212, the aim of these posts is to prove to you (not convince you) that the fundamental book of christian instruction and which the christian faith is based on is UNRELIABLE and just fable.

You don't need to convince me. If you've got FACTS, let the facts speak and I will believe.

Again, as for Isaiah, you can't use the erroneous bible to prove that the same bible is the truth. Illogical!
let me tell you the truth, no amoung of fact I will give to you on nairaland that will convince you to believe,the only way is for you to ask him to revealed Himself to you.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
malvisguy212: let me tell you the truth, no amoung of fact I will give to you on nairaland that will convince you to believe,the only way is for you to ask him to revealed Himself to you.

No, if you give me FACTS i will not be able to refute it, thats why its called FACT - verifiable evidence. All you have been telling me is your emotions.
I can't ask an imaginary being to "reveal himself".

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
PastorOluT:

Ur interpretation, even some u quoted was pure misquotation

Pls point them, enlighten me.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by malvisguy212: 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Liveair:
I can't ask an imaginary being to "reveal himself".
so if I give you fact now, you will believe in the imaginary being? Hypocrite.thank you for your time.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
malvisguy212: so if I give you fact now, you will believe in the imaginary being? Hypocrite.thank you for your time.

Listen, once FACTS are provided, it ceases to be "imaginary" but real.
Check dictionary meaning of Hypocrite, its something else!
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Orunto: 10:52am On Aug 28, 2014
The Bible is the source. All scriptures are from above and are good for learning.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Weah96: 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Orunto: The Bible is the source. All scriptures are from above and are good for learning.

If I want to learn about genocide and mass murder, I'll pick up Mein Kampf. How can mammals write a book and claim that it is the word of an invisible person? Madness!!!

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Orunto: 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
When you are invisible, you are not a person but a "SPIRIT". God, we don't see, like you and i, but we see the Spirit in dreams, visions and in spirit also. God is Wisdom and sane. Only satan is foolish and insane. There is a SUBJECT that incorporates science and arts. It is called "SPIRITOLOGY". Go for it and you'll know God.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Zikdik(m): 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
Orunto: When you are invisible, you are not a person but a "SPIRIT". God, we don't see, like you and i, but we see the Spirit in dreams, visions and in spirit also. God is Wisdom and sane. Only satan is foolish and insane. There is a SUBJECT that incorporates science and arts. It is called "SPIRITOLOGY". Go for it and you'll know God.

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Image123(m): 1:04am On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

Really?
There is no evidence of the first destruction of the world by the flood of Noah (as bible recorded) from several researches, even in the Pyramids which are older than Noah.
Remains of Ancient Trees over 200,000 000 years in regions of Nova Scotia, Canada were found not to have been immersed in any flood and are even older than biblical creation.
Carcases of 35,000 year old Mamoths in Northern Siberia have been found not ever submerged in any flood.
With these facts its safe to say that your quoted biblical prophecy of doom is just fable.

A young evangelical atheist on the loose. Stop stating those things you read on the web as fact as if saying so makes it so. Basic sedimentology and fossil correlation show indications of several global floods. Also, throw those figures in the trash can where they belong, thanks.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Zikdik(m): 8:01am On Aug 29, 2014
Image123:

A young evangelical atheist on the loose. Stop stating those things you read on the web as fact as if saying so makes it so. Basic sedimentology and fossil correlation show indications of several global floods. Also, throw those figures in the trash can where they belong, thanks.
So, he throws fact away and believes thrash simply because you said it?
Typical Christian.

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 9:50am On Aug 29, 2014
Image123:

An EVANGELIST WANNA-BE who sticks with christian propaganda as thought him by defenders of their source of economic strength and power - Religion.
Believe me, you know NOTHING about "sedimentology". You are a lay-man.

Where is your proof that a flood previously covered the ancient Pyramids which are older than your Noah's flood?

To enlighten you, have you heard of Dried-up rivers or Lakes? These are regions that became dry as a result of Desertification and Droughts.
Again, ancient Volcanic activities have been recorded to have dried waters up. These account for the sediments you now claim as evidence. Pls read more.

Am sure you didn't know there was an ICE AGE, which had also melted, covering large regions. Glacial Outbursts, Ocean Surge and Tsunami have all taken place previously and not found to have covered the earth.

Am very sure you are not even aware of 35,000 year old Mamoths found in Siberia or fossils of Prehistoric Trees older than 200,000,000 years. All these are far older than your biblical creation story which dates the world at 6,000 years.

Do well to prove to us that a World-Wide water covered the Earth in 2350BC or there about.
I can't understand why you guys are so resistant to superior information and arguement.

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by PastorOluT(m): 9:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

Pls point them, enlighten me.

The genealogy of Jesus
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2014
PastorOluT:

The genealogy of Jesus

What about the geneology of Jesus? Is it missing in your bible?
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by PastorOluT(m): 10:15am On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

What about the geneology of Jesus? Is it missing in your bible?

The problem with u guys is thinking some twisted articles u read online made u geniuses, so from the bible there are contradictions in the genealogy of Jesus?
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Zikdik(m): 10:28am On Aug 29, 2014
No one has answered my earlier question.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 10:31am On Aug 29, 2014
PastorOluT:

The problem with u guys is thinking some twisted articles u read online made u geniuses, so from the bible there are contradictions in the genealogy of Jesus?

Look, if you have a point to make please make it and stop making noise.
What article online? Is your bible online? We are talking what is written in your bible you are talking online!
Solomon, the ancestor of Jesus according to Matt 1 and Nathan, the ancestor of Jesus accoording to Lk 3 are they the same person? Or has your own bible corrected that false information.

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Image123(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Zikdik:
So, he throws fact away and believes thrash simply because you said it?
Typical Christian.

i told him to check up basic sedimentology and fossil correlation before insinuating that there has never being such thing as a global flood.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Image123(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

An EVANGELIST WANNA-BE who sticks with christian propaganda as thought him by defenders of their source of economic strength and power - Religion.
Believe me, you know NOTHING about "sedimentology". You are a lay-man.

Where is your proof that a flood previously covered the ancient Pyramids which are older than your Noah's flood?

To enlighten you, have you heard of Dried-up rivers or Lakes? These are regions that became dry as a result of Desertification and Droughts.
Again, ancient Volcanic activities have been recorded to have dried waters up. These account for the sediments you now claim as evidence. Pls read more.

Am sure you didn't know there was an ICE AGE, which had also melted, covering large regions. Glacial Outbursts, Ocean Surge and Tsunami have all taken place previously and not found to have covered the earth.

Am very sure you are not even aware of 35,000 year old Mamoths found in Siberia or fossils of Prehistoric Trees older than 200,000,000 years. All these are far older than your biblical creation story which dates the world at 6,000 years.

Do well to prove to us that a World-Wide water covered the Earth in 2350BC or there about.
I can't understand why you guys are so resistant to superior information and arguement.

You talk too much for a male. Try and reread what i said and then comment.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
Image123:

You talk too much for a male. Try and reread what i said and then comment.

I've not uttered a word, just written enlightenment to you.
You study too little for a man.
Next time gather enough info before rushing to post what you think might be evidence.

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by PastorOluT(m): 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:
Look, if you have a point to make please make it and stop making noise.
What article online? Is your bible online? We are talking what is written in your bible you are talking online!
Solomon, the ancestor of Jesus according to Matt 1 and Nathan, the ancestor of Jesus accoording to Lk 3 are they the same person? Or has your own bible corrected that false information.

I believe u understand what lineage means, is Solomon not the son of David who is in the lineage of Jesus. Do u know Solomon was named also named Jedidah? So Nathan could also be one of his name. There are many examples like that in the bible, especially when u are going thru their geanologies n not just this alone.

Do u also know that Saul did not change his name to Paul as many believed, the Greek name for Saul is Paul. So if u do not know before u will think little things like this are contradictions 'cos they are not explained. Know for sure these letters were written to people of old who easily understood this things n there was no reasons for further explanations.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
PastorOluT:

I believe u understand what lineage means, is Solomon not the son of David who is in the lineage of Jesus. Do u know Solomon was named also named Jedidah? So Nathan could also be one of his name. There are many examples like that in the bible, especially when u are going thru their geanologies n not just this alone.

Do u also know that Saul did not change his name to Paul as many believed, the Greek name for Saul is Paul. So if u do not know before u will think little things like this are contradictions 'cos they are not explained. Know for sure these letters were written to people of old who easily understood this things n there was no reasons for further explanations.

Hahaha. Better look for good excuses.

Matt 1; There are only 26 ancestors to Jesus. From Solomon down, the names are of different individuals.
Lk 3; There are 41 ancestors to Jesus. At every stage the individuals are different from that of Matt 1.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by PastorOluT(m): 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

Hahaha. Better look for good excuses.

Matt 1; There are only 26 ancestors to Jesus. From Solomon down, the names are of different individuals.
Lk 3; There are 41 ancestors to Jesus. At every stage the individuals are different from that of Matt 1.

This doesn't in anyway negate what I said earlier, truth be told there appear to be contradictions in the bible 'cos somethings are lost in history and many assumptions from the writers.

Remember they were writing to a different audience from us, n many of them never even knew their writings will be read by people who never had fore knowledge of some things, thus the assumptions.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
PastorOluT:

This doesn't in anyway negate what I said earlier, truth be told there appear to be contradictions in the bible 'cos somethings are lost in history and many assumptions from the writers.

Remember they were writing to a different audience from us, n many of them never even knew their writings will be read by people who never had fore knowledge of some things, thus the assumptions.

Finally someone is really thinking.
Anyway, you must have been thought in school that "Science is Discovery". Science never assumes it knows until it investigates, documents, tests and verifies again independently. At that point it becomes authoritative proof.

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by frank317: 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
PastorOluT:

lol... Solomon, Jedidah and Nathan, how about Frank too or even obinna

Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God / ####script 15 August Anchoring Script / [download] Rccg 2019 49 Days Fasting & Prayer Guide - Starts Today

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59