Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School (49684 Views)

Funny Ways Kids Are Taught In Schools(share Your Experience) / 16 Errors That Are Still Taught In Nigerian Schools Today / Lies You Were Told About The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by engrsoma(m): 9:00am On Aug 22, 2014
rexzqcom, dont be so immature as to begin religious war hia
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by rexzqcom(m): 9:32am On Aug 22, 2014
engrsoma: rexzqcom, dont be so immature as to begin religious war hia

Have no intention of starting religions war. Just want to pique folks curiosity to dig for truth for themselves.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by rexzqcom(m): 10:02am On Aug 22, 2014
For those who don't know, what we call Jews today were European Barrons, who mostly grew grapes. They made up most of the invading Europeans force of the first Crusade in 1096. They ended up settling among their conquered people until they were eventually driven away by their host for betrayals. When they arrived 2,000 and left generations later over 70,000. They named themselves the Templar. They dispersed throughout Europe and other places.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Davidadoh: 11:00am On Aug 22, 2014
wow dats impresive at mind u dat de world is modernisin without lookin bak 4 adjustment.:-) believe or nt more dan dis wil stil happen..tuwale 2 u guyz
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Psylas(m): 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
CharlieMaria:
How many Apes have you seen turn humans?
i didn't ask you any question so don't answer or ask me silly question!
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by CharlieMaria(m): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
Psylas: i didn't ask you any question so don't answer or ask me silly question!
Am sorry man, didn't mean any offence.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
CharlieMaria:
At your death you will know better.
I am dead, so I know better.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by CharlieMaria(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Billyonaire: I am dead, so I know better.
Congrats man. How is my grandmother? grin grin grin cheesy
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Babaji111(m): 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
Next time another scientist will tell you that your teeth are more than 32
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Herrmes: 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
The last theory I would ever believe is the evolution theory, it's so flawed and written out of desperation and pressure from the community to know their origins and how they came about, whether from religious groups or scientists I'm yet to hear, see, an answer to the question, which makes me wonder where are the scientists? they just only dished out to people something to believe and hold on to even if it's not the truth and to think of; people actually are convinced are are prided saying it
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by icekidgodfrey(m): 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
natureblack: DON'T SMOKE MARIJUANA

That recreational drugs are LITERALLY the worst thing ever and kill you immediately 100% of the time.

#BigFatLie

I hail thee Lord Marijuana

Truuu. that stuff be working my nerves af! like, check it; they record a percentage of death caused by alcohol every year, but Marijuana ain't kill nobody yet, still its the illegal one. smh, we need to work on our laws! Shout out to Obama yo! weed is legal in DC. Heard its cool in Uruguay too!
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by iliasaa(m): 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
Mee234: Other set of lies.
1. Islam is peace and tolerant of others beliefs. Happening around have proven these assertions to be the biggest lies.
2. Non tithers are sinners. Another big lie being promote by con men.
3. Nigeria is the giant of Africa. I don't know if people still tell this lie.
4. APC is a better alternative to PDP. Both of them are actually two side of the same coin. In fact, APC might just be worse than PDP.
are u sure u attended any school?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by torch01(m): 7:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
infolekan:

People have actually been to the moon.
The argument has always been if the UNITED States was there at the first time they said they were there.
That's for the proponents of Conspiracy Theories though. Man has been to the moon and severally.

Its just like 'this is the picture, the first camera took' subsequent reports were not recorded or do know the site for one.
Because I said so. Because the flag was
blowing and there's no wind on the moon.
Back then we didn't have as good of
technology as we do today. There are shadows
on the pictures and there are no stars on the
pictures. If we did go to the moon, it wasn't
until just recently.

krishna.org/did-man-really-walk-on-the-moon/

http://www.darkgovernment.com/moon.html

there are other sites that proof it
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Phillfree(m): 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
We are the leaders of tomorrow. A very big lie
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
iliasaa: are u sure u attended any school?
Yaa. I'm sure. What about you, did you attend any? If you do were you taught to use ur brain?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 23, 2014
LordReed:

Plasma is now classified as a state of matter. Forget your primary school elementary science and embrace the ever growing knowledge of science.

but it's still gas
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 23, 2014
CharlieMaria:
Congrats man. How is my grandmother? grin grin grin cheesy
She is in the hottest part of heaven.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by CharlieMaria(m): 7:36am On Aug 23, 2014
Billyonaire: She is in the hottest part of heaven.
grin grin cheesy cheesy tongue tongue
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by LordReed(m): 8:59am On Aug 23, 2014
noxide:

but it's still gas

Why are you arguing? The scientists that classified the first have deemed it fit to classify it as a fourth state. Do you have contrary evidence/studies other than calling it gas?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by menxer: 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2014
....that heaven is in the sky, and hell is in the earth
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by SenatorJames(m): 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
Davijunson: Now I'm getting more confused. The same scientists dat told us der are five senses are now saying it's a lie..wch one are we to believe?
The bible.

You will be surprised that the Bible contains the foundation knowledge of science, the interpretation of it is what you may need the HOLY SPIRIT for.

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by SenatorJames(m): 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
technophile: 10. India 99 - 1 Nigeria
After India have beaten us 99 - 0, they now said if we can score just only 1 goal we have won the match. That was when Okparaji stepped in, as he was about to kick the ball like this, the ball just turn into a big rock, but he managed to put the ball into the net sha and he collapsed. That's why FIFA banned India from playing football till today o.

The best lie I enjoyed till date.

Please which year was the match played? Can someone who watched or witnessed the match then clarify the issue, which part of the story was true, and which one was lie.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by anumide(f): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
I knew all ur patriotism u carried on ur head like gala all these years was film trick. Welcome to reality.
Btw, iyaff read d thread, it doesn't change anything, most yeye bloggers these days (I know @ least two, personally) only knows hw to do copy and paste.
oluamid: The biggest lie I was told in school is the National Anthem.

I sang it with all my heart believing the words to be true. I believed that I have to serve Nigeria with love and strength and faith so that the labours of our heroes past will not be in vain. O'lboy, what hogwash!

Growing up I realised that I was hoodwinked. Our heroes past never laboured, they actually were elites who had all the best things in life. Our present heroes are no different. They eat 1 million naira worth of food everyday where I'm still wondering where my breakfast will come from.

Their children - who are the real leaders of tomorrow (another lie I was told was that I'm the leader of tomorrow) - didn't school in the schools I went to. Rather, they were in ivy league colleges abroad. Back then, I was told that electricity will be constant by december, but I found out that while the month don't usually change, the year changes. So instead of constant electricity by December 1986, it became December 1992, then December 1995, later December 2000 then December 2005 and of recent December 2012, and then December 2013 now its almost December 2014 and I'm still waiting for constant electricity.

They said its one nation bound in freedom, peace and unity and I believed them. Only for my current president to say that it was only one part of the country that put him in power. As if that wasn't enough, I now found out that Nigerians can be deported from their own country. As long as my parents are not from the state I live in, I'm only a visitor and I'm only living on the benevolence of my hosts. Where's the unity!! I asked.

Now, everybody calls me a fool on Nairaland for believing what my teachers taught me through the National Anthem. I'm a fool for simply wishing that Nigeria remain Nigeria. Woe betide me if I don't believe Nigeria ought to be divided. Woe betide me if I dare say anything against a corrupt person in government especially if the person is not a member of my tribe. A greater woe betide me if I condemn anybody from any political party for gross incompetence. The greatest woe is when I say enough is enough, the current president has not done anything that will make me want him to continue in office after the next elections. I'm immediately termed a Janjaweedian. What that means I sincerely don't know.

So thank you OP, for this thread. For the biggest lie I was taught in school is the National Anthem.

Gracias.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by oluamid(m): 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
anumide: I knew all ur patriotism u carried on ur head like gala all these years was film trick. Welcome to reality.
Btw, iyaff read d thread, it doesn't change anything, most yeye bloggers these days (I know @ least two, personally) only knows hw to do copy and paste.

I'm patriotic just not the kind of selective patriot our ''leaders'' are currently breeding with this their TAN ish. And I agree about the bloggers. tongue
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by anumide(f): 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
oluamid:

I'm patriotic just not the kind of selective patriot our ''leaders'' are currently breeding with this their TAN ish. And I agree about the bloggers. tongue

how market? I thought u've travelled to sri lanka
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by oluamid(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
anumide: how market? I thought u've travelled to sri lanka

MArket is fine, Sri Lanka ke?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by anumide(f): 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
oluamid:

MArket is fine, Sri Lanka ke?
kiss ehn. Anyway, I heard today is ur bday. LLNP
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by oluamid(m): 3:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
anumide: kiss ehn. Anyway, I heard today is ur bday. LLNP

And where did you get that classified information?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by anumide(f): 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
oluamid:

And where did you get that classified information?
undecided your people ve been disturbing my TL on twitter wiv birthday wishes
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by prince2blinks(m): 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
kennygee: I wasn't taught 6, 8 and 9 tho.
olodo u wey no go school.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Olaidekareem43(m): 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
technophile:
10. India 99 - 1 Nigeria
After India have beaten us 99 - 0, they now said if we can score just only 1 goal we have won the match. That was when Okparaji stepped in, as he was about to kick the ball like this, the ball just turn into a big rock, but he managed to put the ball into the net sha and he collapsed. That's why FIFA banned India from playing football till today o.

99-0 haba shey nah hand dem use throw am inside net....
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by lilliesboy(m): 10:35am On Nov 09, 2017
My own teachers never taught us in the late 1990s that the Earth was flat!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Rehabilitates OAUSTECH Abandoned For 8 Years (Photos) / Photos Of Nigerian Law School In Port Harcourt Built By Rivers State Government. / What To Take To University As A Fresher.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.