Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School (49683 Views)

Funny Ways Kids Are Taught In Schools(share Your Experience) / 16 Errors That Are Still Taught In Nigerian Schools Today / Lies You Were Told About The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
Well I'll take on the 1st and 3rd points of the original post.

1. There are 3 states of matter; solid, liquid,and gas. Other "states" can be sub-classed under them.

For example, Plasma is simply an ionized gas, hence plasma (fire) is a gas

2. We still have 5 senses. The other ones listed in the original post can be classified under the sense of touch as well as the other basic senses e.g. Pain (nociception)

There is a proposed sixth sense, however, it involves some psychic components I know little about for now
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by coolebux(m): 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
We were taught at the children department of my church that Cain sacrificed rotten items to God and He refused to accept them.

That's the LIE, the whole LIE and nothing but the LIE.

The good book said that God saw that Cain's heart was full of evil and accepted Abel's instead.

Na em mek Cain form tiger knack em bros akpako for head.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by haconjy(m): 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
the writer also lie. Part of what you said is not true, like bat, it is told that its blind cause of its nature of not being be able to do anything in the day time, sense: also is lie, we all know we have more than that, and finally, all these things are update: just tell us if your teacher is incompetence
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
harrysterol: Na so?? But u sef don add ur own lies o lipsrsealed especially state of matter...basically n scientifically theirs is correct n urs is a lie...urs are base on assumption not yet proven.....according to theorem anything that can not be empirically proven should be discarded.......so urs is discarded at dis point
pls answer this question. IS FIRE SOLID,LIQUID OR GAS?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by vivavik(f): 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
Na simple english na, I didn't say it in that context. Check oxford advanced dic so u will understand me bter. Eg "u say u need monies 4 ur upkeep" do u say u need Naira 4 ur upkeep? Do small research dear.
smurfy:

In a strict sense it doesn't. Monies refer to different currencies. So, 1 naira + 1 naira = 2 naira, not 2 nairas. This is what your teacher meant, I believe.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by kurajordan(m): 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
My teacher told me that smoking weed was bad,until I found out the truth...now I burn daily.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Infoay: 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
Well, I forgive my elementary school teachers.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by neyur: 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
ayusco85: No. 6 is totally true. But as a geologist, there was never a time I was told that diamond are formed from compressed and pressurized coal. Their modes of formation and mode of occurence are entirely different. Coal is found in layered sedimentary rocks, while diamond is found in crystalline rocks (mostly igneous rocks and sometimes metamorphic rocks).

gbam...that is the language
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by acada111(f): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
ladyfeli: They lied to us abt being d leaders of tomorrow

I tire o, how we wan take be the leaders of tomorrow wey the leaders of yesterday no gree comot from seat? cry
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by neyur: 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
Davijunson: Now I'm getting more confused. The same scientists dat told us der are five senses are now saying it's a lie..wch one are we to believe?

see ds 1..pesn make ha research u sit there dey fight confuu..abeg all what she has mentioned ar abstract,cuz neither do u c dem nor touch dem..for instance..bose,plasma.. But gas solid and liquid are tins we see n probably touch.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by ayusco85(m): 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
neyur:

gbam...that is the language

Gbamest grin
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by igbsam(m): 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
technophile:

I was told that they wanted to be playing without shoes that's why FIFA banned them,I'm not sure if that's true self.

henryobinna: ok let me gist.
india wanted fifa to let 'em play football matches without boots on.
that's they want to play bare footed.

#Jazz@ItsPeak

That na Jazz things o! Why dem bush like dis. Na boot go make football complete and sweet na.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Atmmachine(m): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
We were taught that weed is an unwanted plant..

Somebody lied !! gringrin
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Atmmachine(m): 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
We were told that Inidia vs Nigeria in 1945 world cup ended in 99 goals.. India_99 vs Nigeria _1

When the indians kicks the ball to our post,our Nigerian goalkeeper will see a lion coming to the post instead of ball & he will leave the goal post for his dear life, that was how the 99 goals entered the post.. grin grin grin

Somebody lied !!!!!!! cool cool cool cool
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Ogonimilitant(m): 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
I was told that if I swallow any seed like orange
it will germinate on my head. and my friends will
come plucking it from my head.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by jtroy(m): 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
MadCow1:

Abi say mohammed no be prophet?

YOU MEAN MY EDUCATION WAS ALL A LIE!!! shocked shocked shocked

angry

What Next?!! The Virgin Mary was not really a Virgin?! angry
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Ogonimilitant(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ladies in the House, where you not told that if a man touches
you, you will get pregnant. that after you have seen your first period.

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by LordReed(m): 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
noxide: Well I'll take on the 1st and 3rd points of the original post.

1. There are 3 states of matter; solid, liquid,and gas. Other "states" can be sub-classed under them.

For example, Plasma is simply an ionized gas, hence plasma (fire) is a gas

Plasma is now classified as a state of matter. Forget your primary school elementary science and embrace the ever growing knowledge of science.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Smily202(m): 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
Also

When I was a kid , I was told that if ur teeth fall , trow it to the nearest zinc house , Lizard will swallow it and it will come back...but if u mistakenly trow it to the floor n rat swallow it , u will have gap teeth...

#biggest lie
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
11. Dont eat your food that fell on the floor, satan has cast spell on it.

I remember then when our teachers even parents will say we shud not eat our food that mistakenly fell on the ground like guava, cashew, etc. One day I was terribly hungry which I managed 2 pluck a mango. While I was eatin, it mistakenly fell on d floor. My teacher was starring @ me angrily when I tuk d mango again eatin it. Omo.... I received d lash of my life when he got hold of me.

12. Dont steal meat, You will go 2 hell fire straight.

Mehn after the scrappy news, I hv stole so many meat. Now today 2 d glory of God am alive, healthy and born again.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by torch01(m): 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
OP, you've tried. I appreciate the time you spent on this educative page but I guess you went 'gaaga' in few points of yours and that's because its simply my field:
thermodynamics tells us there are three basic states of matter and other states is as result of Newton, Bose, Einstein, fem., theories

meanwhile, science has fooled everyone of us that people have been to the moon before, on the contrary no one has been there before

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by israel7732: 6:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
I was told that the sky was touchable from earth.
when people start touching the sky with dirty hands, then God warned them.
they did not listen and bla bla bla.
then God gradually moved the sky high up.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Karleb(m): 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
stevSKY:

You jst sound like one of those teachers that lie to their students.
Which Government Sch you dey teach?

Sorry to disappoint you but I ain't a teacher.

Gerrrrit?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by harrysterol(m): 6:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
worldmoney: pls answer this question. IS FIRE SOLID,LIQUID OR GAS?
b4 I ansa u. U get place air among does 3, whch place e belong first
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
wristwatch: 11. Dont eat your food that fell on the floor, satan has cast spell on it.

I remember then when our teachers even parents will say we shud not eat our food that mistakenly fell on the ground like guava, cashew, etc. One day I was terribly hungry which I managed 2 pluck a mango. While I was eatin, it mistakenly fell on d floor. My teacher was starring @ me angrily when I tuk d mango again eatin it. Omo.... I received d lash of my life when he got hold of me.

You make it sound like you got away with your meat-stealing adventure. Somebody paid for those acts of yours, you know. He paid for it and wiped your slate clean.
12. Dont steal meat, You will go 2 hell fire straight.

Mehn after the scrappy news, I hv stole so many meat. Now today 2 d glory of God am alive, healthy and born again.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by acada111(f): 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
[quote author=MadCow1]

Well I did.... Soooo?! undecided

Thats for pissing me off.. angry
[/quote

You no well o, I swear cheesy
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by princeonx: 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
That Zik has the key to river Niger! And if he open it the whole world wi be flooded!
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by bunmit(m): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
technophile: 10. India 99 - 1 Nigeria
After India have beaten us 99 - 0, they now said if we can score just only 1 goal we have won the match. That was when Okparaji stepped in, as he was about to kick ball like this, the ball just turn into a big rock, but he managed to put the ball into the net sha and he collapsed. That's why FIFA banned India from playing football till today o.

I thought I was d only one who was caught in dat story.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by henryobinna(m): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
igbsam:

That na Jazz things o! Why dem bush like dis. Na boot go make football complete and sweet na.
you dey mind them?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Vickyboss(m): 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
natureblack: DON'T SMOKE MARIJUANA

That recreational drugs are LITERALLY the worst thing ever and kill you immediately 100% of the time.

#BigFatLie

I hail thee Lord Marijuana

#WaGbayi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Rehabilitates OAUSTECH Abandoned For 8 Years (Photos) / What To Take To University As A Fresher. / Bad Things You Did In Secondary School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.