Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank (1090 Views)

World Bank Gives Kachikwu Thumbs Up On NNPC Reforms / Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank / Increasing Poverty levels in Nigeria at variance with its Economic Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Wale112(m): 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
The World Bank has praised Ghana for what it calls the enviable growth of the country’s economy in terms of development over the past ten years.

According to the World Bank, Ghana’s significant growth is as a result of strong governance systems, increased productivity and the discovery of oil in recent years, ranking Ghana 67th on the world rankings.

This was disclosed at the opening ceremony of the first Global Public – Private Partnership (PPP) Conference here in Accra, under the theme: “Addressing Ghana’s Infrastructure Deficit: Moving from Policy to Implementation- the Public-Private Partnership Alternative."

Delivering a message on behalf of the World Bank, Country Director for Ghana Yusupha Crookes noted that the strides made by the country is one that needs to be recommended.

Mr. Crookes also assured that the World Bank is ready and willing to support Ghana’s PPP program to ensure targets and goals set under the program are achieved.

The three-day event is the first of its kind to be organized in the country by C – Nergy Global Holdings, an investment advisory services firm and the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning.

The conference is to create the platform for practitioners of PPPs to engage with investors and countries that have successfully implemented the PPPs.

It will also see delegates from Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Liberia among other countries.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=322240
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Wale112(m): 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by s3nn2x(m): 12:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
hmmmm...what does enviable mean?
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Wale112(m): 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
s3nn2x: hmmmm...what does enviable mean?

Google is your friend

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Wale112(m): 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
overhypesteve
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
Enviable? Lmao!

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by iterator25: 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
Growth to no where
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Dreyl(m): 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
Really
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Idrismusty97(m): 1:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
Do you mean Ghana economic "Free fall"?
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Wale112(m): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
Without a Ghanaman there is no plan!

Without a Ghanaman there is no Chance!!

Ghanaian Rule now!!

Time to put on my Kente and get a big drum and BEAT this region back in shape!

Ghanaian rule now!!

Leadership cannot be taught in school it comes naturally!

Ghanaian rule NOW!!

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall FEAR no evil!

Ghanaian rule now!!

Give us Ghanaian rule now or there is nothing worth living for!

Dignity must return and only a Ghanaian can bring that!

Ghanaian rule now!!!!!
grin cheesy
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by s3nn2x(m): 2:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
Wale112:

Google is your friend

Stale
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by obiajuru01: 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
well, i wonder whats enviable about an economy of 46billionUSD GDP.

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by overhypedsteve(m): 3:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
Wale112: overhypesteve
i am here reporting from my super secret underground e-war bunker. That worldbank guy is clearly trying to be sarcastic or he may just be obliging those paying for his hotel reservation and flight. Cmon wale112 even you know that he is lying now. World bank do not always wait for countries with good economies to host any PPP before they envy or celebrate them. That world bank guy is taking you guys for a ride oh. You don't expect him to speak bad of his host country now do you?

4 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by overhypedsteve(m): 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
Wale112: Without a Ghanaman there is no plan!

Ghanaian Rule now!!

Ghanaian rule now!!

Ghanaian rule NOW!!

Ghanaian rule now!!

Ghanaian rule now!!!!!
grin cheesy
we ll let you rule. But with conditions
1. You must boast of the highest foreign investment in Africa.
2. You must have the largest amount of worth in finished product ready for export ( i nor mean alemo)
3. You must have the largest economy in your subregion.
4. You must advise your president against his attachment to obama's balls(pathetic obsession)
5. You must be ready to lead(financially and manpower) any ecomog military intervention
6. You must have a city in your country that compete with African top countries economically( a city)
7. You must be able to sponsor 99% of your national annual budget.
9. You must have at least 55 serviceable airports in your country.
7. You must have at least 8 states that meets international standards in terms of infrastructure, leisure and security.
8. You must not have a boyscout army that is being controlled by America for regional peacekeeping.
if you cannot meet this terms and conditions for regional domination. Then you must do the following.
1. Respect the present regional,economi,diplomatic and military power house of ecowas (nigeria)
2. You must recognise its leaders as supreme and their policies as all encompassing.
3. You must reject and rebuke all forms of actions speech and statements by the foreign media or web, that attempt to defame the "the great ECOWAS leviathan"
4. You must regard its citizens as superior and better endowed.
5. You must pray day and night to be a nigerian in your next life.

7 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Justcash(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
Wale112: Without a Ghanaman there is no plan!
Ghanaian Rule now!!
Ghanaian rule now!!
Ghanaian rule NOW!!
Ghanaian rule now!!
Ghanaian rule now!!!!!
grin cheesy

So, how are all these rants connected to Nigeria? Do you need Nigeria's permission to rule? If you don't, why are you posting Ghana's campaign for leadership in a Nigerian forum?

3 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Tantidora(f): 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
Please go and tell your government to put their ass together to recover e ecomony. The mess we are in is as a result of "babies with sharp tooth" th@ parred themselves as ministers who are educationally bankrupt.
Ghanaians are suffery u re hear spewing trash.
Enviable economy my left foot.
Tweeeeeeeeea
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
Right, "Enviable". So enviable that the World Bank's partner in crime (IMF) is about to give Ghana a bailout for the second time in 5 years. So enviable that the Cedi is currently the world's worst performing currency. So enviable that govt employees in Ghana are currently on strike after having not been paid for 3 months.
This man obviously has a cryptic sense of humour and is trolling Ghana. Of course knowing them and their toxic mix of European as5-kissing, inferiority complex, unsubstantiated ego and misplaced pride, they'll probably be daft enough to take him serious. As indeed one of them is doing on this very thread.

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
overhypedsteve: we ll let you rule. But with conditions
1. You must boast of the highest foreign investment in Africa.
2. You must have the largest amount of worth in finished product ready for export ( i nor mean alemo)
3. You must have the largest economy in your subregion.
4. You must advise your president against his attachment to obama's balls(pathetic obsession)
5. You must be ready to lead(financially and manpower) any ecomog military intervention
6. You must have a city in your country that compete with African top countries economically( a city)
7. You must be able to sponsor 99% of your national annual budget.
9. You must have at least 55 serviceable airports in your country.
7. You must have at least 8 states that meets international standards in terms of infrastructure, leisure and security.
8. You must not have a boyscout army that is being controlled by America for regional peacekeeping.
if you cannot meet this terms and conditions for regional domination. Then you must do the following.
1. Respect the present regional,economi,diplomatic and military power house of coas (nigeria)
2. You must recognise its leaders as supreme and their policies as all encompassing.
3. You must reject and rebuke all forms of actions speech and statements by the foreign media or web, that attempt to defame the "the great ECOWAS leviathan"
4. You must regard its citizens as superior and better endowed.
5. You must pray day and night to be a nigerian in your next life.

Quoted for emphasis.
@In house Ghanaman: I've told you before, we're not dragging anything with you. Lagos city alone surpasses all of Ghana economically, militarily and in terms of strategic importance and infrastructure. Again, we are not dragging anything with you. Go and face your country.
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by fnep2smooth(m): 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
abeg make una pity this guy na grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by SantaMafia: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
rickkid: Quoted for emphasis.
@In house Ghanaman: I've told you before, we're not dragging anything with you. Lagos city alone surpasses all of Ghana economically, militarily and in terms of strategic importance and infrastructure. Again, we are not dragging anything with you. Go and face your country.
arrant rubbish! Lagos surpasses Ghana? drunk from inhaling too much generator fumes, huh? fuckeduppedness! is that the same lagos I know where people eat from the dustbin, where engineers fight over fashola's leftover fanta grin or there is another lagos? you need to get your tiny, ugly brain checked for ebola infection.
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Dessyguy(m): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
Tantidora: Please go and tell your government to put their ass together to recover e ecomony. The mess we are in is as a result of "babies with sharp tooth" th@ parred themselves as ministers who are educationally bankrupt.
Ghanaians are suffery u re hear spewing trash.
Enviable economy my left foot.
Tweeeeeeeeea
Are you a Ghanaian?
Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by kobikwelu(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
Really?? This must be a joke

IMF praising Ghana for enviable growth??

Which Ghana?? The one that is on the brink of near collapse?? The one who cannot pay its bills??

Maybe the IMF is just fulfilling its own part of the deal ... (Stick Ghana with death loans laden with astronomical interest rates and in return push out an outlandish press release to placate the president to help him calm the storm that is brewing at home in Accra)

@op keep deceiving yourself

****Edited
read the statement again and i found out that it was one obscure nobody from one local event that made these stupid comments...
I thought it was in Brussels (or wherever the IMF/World bank headquarters are stationed in) that these comments were uttered by Lagarde instead, it was one local country director..

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by Tantidora(f): 6:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dessyguy: Are you a Ghanaian?

yess

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Economic Growth Is Enviable - World Bank by clem305D(m): 7:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
though they dont have as much resources as Nigeria, I believe the the world bank should be right if they are comparing their growth with other developing countries with better economic advantages.

(1) (Reply)

Female Boko Harams Now Wear Catholic Sisters Habit / Media Suport The Military Otherwise You Will Carry Guns And Fight By Yourself. / Buhari May Pick Fayemi As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.