Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital (20294 Views)

What A Doctor Did When I Accompanied A Female Friend To The Hospital / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by meldeezyne(f): 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - An American doctor who contracted Ebola treating victims of the deadly virus in Liberia has been released from a U.S. hospital after receiving treatment with an experimental drug, his charity said on Thursday. Kent Brantly was given ZMapp, a trial drug used on a handful of patients in the West African outbreak, and flown to the United States this month. He was released from Atlanta's Emory University Hospital, according to a statement from Samaritan's Purse. (Reporting by Joe Bavier; Editing by Daniel Flynn and John Stonestreet)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/21/us-health-ebola-american-idUSKBN0GL0W020140821

11 Likes

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by BRAV0O(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
Kudos to human race!

We've being through a lot , it as not being easy to be who we are

Ebola! Like any other disease, we'll get over you even to that extend of taking paracetamol to cure the virus

And america! Hope you have not started to giving ur ebola patients our pesticides ? Talk true !

And I will like to say this to you @seun

Have no fear okay

Those triber bigots on this forum will soon find a permanent cure!

7 Likes

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by hotmolo(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
U. S. Treating der citizens with zmap while refusing to let us hav there's and calling ours a pesticide. Well atleast we know they have the cure. Am happy for the doctor.

6 Likes

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
Yaba daba dooooooo!!!

2 Likes

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by dapsy4u2(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
GOOD NEWS

2 Likes

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by shadowwalker101: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
thank God

2 Likes

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by kayslimshady(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
Congratulations. Hope they give Nigeria some of the drugs
Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by slimdiggi: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
Why is this news to us? Our own doctor died...

2 Likes

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by dustydee: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
May not be the drug but the management care given to him.

13 Likes

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by ussv: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
I see
Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
Thank God for his life,may the Lord heal our land too of Ebola..

3 Likes

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by FutureDon(m): 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
Great news. I think it is now safe to say that ZMapp is tested and trusted.

1 Like

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
meldeezyne: ABIDJAN (Reuters) - An American doctor who contracted Ebola treating victims of the deadly virus in Liberia has been released from a U.S. hospital after receiving treatment with an experimental drug, his charity said on Thursday. Kent Brantly was given ZMapp, a trial drug used on a handful of patients in the West African outbreak, and flown to the United States this month. He was released from Atlanta's Emory University Hospital, according to a statement from Samaritan's Purse. (Reporting by Joe Bavier; Editing by Daniel Flynn and John Stonestreet)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/21/us-health-ebola-american-idUSKBN0GL0W020140821
You made it to FP with your very first post?! Suspicious.

1 Like

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by Lekmokson34: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
Wait let me think of what to say.....
Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by Aizebioje(m): 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
While I think this is a good development, I do not appreciate their hasty release from the hospital. Every ebola survivor should be kept a while longer and monitored because there's no telling what'll happen if this disease starts to spread @ a rate faster than it is already spreading... My opinion though!!!

1 Like

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by BalogunTimmy: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
Happy for him

Learn How to Invest at profitng and earn reasonable profit every 20days... www.profitng.com

1 Like

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by tobyemmanuel(m): 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
Wetin concern us? Bitter kola with salt water

1 Like

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by SELENAqueensy(f): 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hmmm... Wat should I say ooo
Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by Lobolintin(m): 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
4uck them US... Keep ur drugs, and 4ck up.. We will develop something stronger soon.. And kudos to you Dr..
Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by ideee03(f): 4:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
And you know this how? STALKER ALERT!
CoolHunk:

1 Like

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by tunde1200(m): 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
Good news.......
hope Nigeria have it on time!.
Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
SELENAqueensy: Hmmm... Wat should I say ooo
You don't have to say a word my dear. Your eyes. They tell a tale of beauty.
Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by kel4soft: 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
CoolHunk:

Why are you suspecting him? Nigerians, smh
Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by kunlesehan(m): 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hmmmmm..Zmapp and positive thoughts.
Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by SELENAqueensy(f): 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
CoolHunk:
You don't have to say a word my dear. Your eyes. They tell a tale of beauty.

Wow, thanks

1 Like

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
smiley
Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
SELENAqueensy:

Wow, thanks
smiley
Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by Chadso(m): 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
Thank God this thing is gonna be wiped outta this planet..

I wuld definitely appreciate a few likes...

3 Likes

Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by Iamoilprince(m): 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
Thank God for him!
Re: American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital by fiverrwin(f): 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2014
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Who Cut Himself Due To Severe Depression, Celebrates His Breakthrough (Photo / Heat Wave: Nigerian Government Issues Fresh Advisory / Benefits Of Having More Of Green Vegetables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.