Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. (2301 Views)

For D Married And Singles Whats Ur Take? / Please Family Peeps...whats Ur Take On This / Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by joanne1(f): 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hi evryone, I do wanna know ur tots on dis issue. My Mum says d water used in bathing an infant wld b used to bath his/her immediate older sibling. Hw true is dis and why?
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
^^ As much as I want to reason with you, I keep getting puzzled every time I re-read your post.

3 Likes

Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ceasar1: ^^ As much as I want to reason with you, I keep getting puzzled every time I re-read your post.

I swear I am confused.
Strangest question so far.
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by crackhaus: 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
Didn't you ask her why? What did she say?
I'd like to know why as well.
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Eviel(f): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
joanne1: Hi evryone, I do wanna know ur tots on dis issue. My Mum says d water used in bathing an infant wld b used to bath his/her immediate older sibling. Hw true is dis and why?
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
I read fast,I didn't comprehend the whole thing,I read slow,still didn't get..the more I try to decipher what you wrote there,the more I get irritated..what if the woman didn't give birth again?

1 Like

Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hmmmmmm....
It is not done that way where I come from.

2 Likes

Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Godmystrength: 2:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
joanne1: Hi evryone, I do wanna know ur tots on dis issue. My Mum says d water used in bathing an infant wld b used to bath his/her immediate older sibling. Hw true is dis and why?
shocked shocked shocked never heard of this. Will ask some elders.
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by joanne1(f): 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
Lmao @ all posts so far, well lemme elaborate, I still dnt get either, she says its an old tradition and I'm like she's not gonna try dat for mi kids, also hv asked other people around (even frm different tribes as am frm d estern part of dis country) and dey gv d same answer. Nw d only thng I can understand frm d answers given is dat it makes d younger one to respect d older one more. Buh still am confused too dats y I came on here to ask mayb sme1 here can shedd more light on d issue
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2014

3 posts since 2010? You feel embarrassed to open this topic with your other moniker abi? cheesy

1. Never heard of it before, dosen't make sense to me

2. It could be peculiarly your family's traditional belief and rites...but such should have been abolished because its unhealthy, keeping water in one spot for years. If it doesn't dry up, it would become an abnormal and infested water.

3. Maybe you didn't hear your mum properly. You may go back and ask again

4. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Godmystrength: 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
onirugbon1:

3 posts since 2010? You feel embarrassed to open this topic with your other moniker abi? cheesy

1. Never heard of it before, dosen't make sense to me

2. It could be peculiarly your family's traditional belief and rites...but such should have been abolished because its unhealthy, keeping water in one spot for years. If it doesn't dry up, it would become an abnormal and infested water.

3. Maybe you didn't hear your mum properly. You may go back and ask again

4. cheesy cheesy cheesy
I don't think that is what she is saying. Maybe after giving birth to a baby and the baby is bathed, the bathing water of the new born baby will now be used to bath his/her immediate elder sibling. That's what i understand from her post. I could be wrong sha.
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
Godmystrength: I don't think that is what she is saying. Maybe after giving birth to a baby and the baby is bathed, the bathing water of the new born baby will now be used to bath his/her immediate elder sibling. That's what i understand from her post. I could be wrong sha.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You mean the dirty soapy scum water? kept for years and used again on another innocent child? Not in Nigeria. Our ancestors were not that wicked. Atleast, not my yoruba ancestors cheesy
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by soulglo: 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
It's nasty and unhygienic.
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
Your post is confusing
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Tallesty1(m): 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
Did you mother fly away after saying that? Why didn't you ask her?

1 Like

Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Godmystrength: 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
onirugbon1:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You mean the dirty soapy scum water? kept for years and used again on another innocent child? Not in Nigeria. Our ancestors were not that wicked. Atleast, not my yoruba ancestors cheesy
You don't get it. bath the new baby and now use the water to bath for the elder one. AT least it is assumed that the new baby must have an elder sibling (egbon). More like when you finish bathing omo ikoko, you now say oya come here o Onirugbon1(as the elder brother of the new baby) and have your bath with this water that your aburo just finish bathing with grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Godmystrength: 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
Tallesty1: Did you mother fly away after saying that? Why didn't you ask her?
Lol grin
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
Godmystrength: You don't get it. bath the new baby and now use the water to bath for the elder one. AT least it is assumed that the new baby must have an elder sibling (egbon). More like when you finish bathing omo ikoko, you now say oya come here o Onirugbon1(as the elder brother of the new baby) and have your bath with this water that your aburo just finish bathing with grin grin grin

ooohhhhhhhh I see. The Op didn't explain it that clear now. Ok it fairer but still dirty and unhealthy.

Hehehehehe Godourstrenght, you have the qualities of a good tutor. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by ideee03(f): 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
Or what if the infant was the first child? foncused
Yomieluv: I read fast,I didn't comprehend the whole thing,I read slow,still didn't get..the more I try to decipher what you wrote there,the more I get irritated..what if the woman didn't give birth again?
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Godmystrength: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
onirugbon1:

ooohhhhhhhh I see. The Op didn't explain it that clear now. Ok it fairer but still dirty and unhealthy.

Hehehehehe Godmystrength, you have the qualities of a good tutor. cheesy
She kuku explain but na you no farabale. immediately you saw bathing water, new baby, elder siblings, you went shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
Tallesty1: Did you mother fly away after saying that? Why didn't you ask her?
This dude sha grin
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Godmystrength: 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
ideee03: Or what if the infant was the first child? foncused
then maybe they will bath the daddy or mummy with the water o. It must not waste. They (mum and dad) can even share it. So that the baby can respect his/her parents very well. grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by snazzylove: 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2014

Yes. Was told the same thing too. Reason is that it will prevent the older one from falling sick. Superstitious though.
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
Go and read read about basic personal hygiene , then you teach your mother.
This is not the best place for you to do that. Take your home economics book and get to work.
Poor children.
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Godmystrength: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
snazzylove:

Yes. Was told the same thing too. Reason is that it will prevent the older one from falling sick. Superstitious though.
what of the last child? That means no younger sibling's bath water to bath with. So last born will be falling sick abi?
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Godmystrength: 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
Chillisauce: Go and read read about basic personal hygiene , then you teach your mother.
This is not the best place for you to do that. Take your home economics book and get to work.
Poor children.
sad
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by snazzylove: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
[quote author=Godmystrength]what of the last child? That means no younger sibling's bath water to bath with. So last born will be falling sick abi?[/quot

Hahahahahahahaaa grin. Noo. If there is no new baby d last born won't fall sick. The 'falling' sick according to them, is due to the new born. #Jealousytinz# grin
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
Godmystrength: She kuku explain but na you no farabale. immediately you saw bathing water, new baby, elder siblings, you went shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

hehehehehe not my fault. Her posts can have any of the 2 such meanings at the first read.

joanne1: Lmao @ all posts so far, well lemme elaborate, I still dnt get either, she says its an old tradition and I'm like she's not gonna try dat for mi kids, also hv asked other people around (even frm different tribes as am frm d estern part of dis country) and dey gv d same answer. Nw d only thng I can understand frm d answers given is dat it makes d younger one to respect d older one more. Buh still am confused too dats y I came on here to ask mayb sme1 here can shedd more light on d issue
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Godmystrength: 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
onirugbon1:

hehehehehe not my fault. Her posts can have any of the 2 such meanings at the first read.

Lol... smiley
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by bennyrazz: 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2014
@op, it is all in a bid to make the bond between the senior and junior brother strong grin and to make them love each other
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
I don't understand exactly what you are saying but the water can be used for BOTH children for economical and ecological reasons, which is a good idea.
Re: I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. by ideee03(f): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
Godmystrength: then maybe they will bath the daddy or mummy with the water o. It must not waste. They (mum and dad) can even share it. So that the baby can respect his/her parents very well. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out This Wedding Cake / Typical Differences Between An American Family And A Nigerian Family in pictures / See The Weird Childhood Photo Father & Son Recreated...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.