Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,630 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? (18528 Views)

My Father Threw Away My Pot Of Soup. / Is There Anyone Who Can Deliver Liters Of Soup And Stew To Me In Port Harcourt? / Only Meat In The Pot, Who Would You Give? your Father Or Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by SUV(f): 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
my husband is fond of taking meat from the pot of soup/stew after everyone had finished eating.

i asked him why he does that he said his moth is feeling somehow sad

when we were growing up, my mum used to beat our house help for taking meat from the pot, she said its a bad habit. now my hubby is doing the same thin.

The annoying part is that sometimes we may not have surplus meat, we will only hv enof to go round everybody for the meal times, and when he finishes eating the meat in the pot, the real meal time, if there is no meat left to serve the food, he will complain that u are serving food without meat, that it is not proper.

wives in the house, please is anyone feeling or experiencing same thing?

Hubby's in the house, pls what do u guys think i shld do?

pls don't abuse me ohhhhh! i am only saying my mind

3 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by SisiKill1: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
Rotflmao!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am so sorry for laughing!!

Okay back to business, I'm sorry but short of being stealth with the cooking. . .I don't see what else you can do. It's not like you can beat him or punish him. If I were in your shoes I would use the same actions used to combat the African time problem with this. Lemme explain. . .you know how we, Nigerians, are notoriously late for any event. Something is supposed to start at 4, we get there at 10pm. So now people tell their guests the party starts much earlier than the real start time, calculating that by the time the guests get there, it will be close to the time the party actually starts.

Use the same formula. . .say you buy N3000 meat, put N2000 in the pot of soup. So even if he finishes the meat in the pot before meal time you still have plan B. When it is time to serve the meal. . .you whip out the N1000 and viola. . .everyone has meat and you all live happily ever after. grin grin

29 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2012

15 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
could suv be mrs oyb? cheesy cheesy cheesy

chaircover: Thumbs up; he likes your cooking

I dont see what the problem is, he is a grown man & I beleive who works hard and puts down food money so, if he wants to eat his own meat in his own home then please let him be.

end of

3 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by SUV(f): 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
Okay back to business, I'm sorry but short of being stealth with the cooking. . .I don't see what else you can do. It's not like you can beat him or punish him. If I were in your shoes I would use the same actions used to combat the African time problem with this. Lemme explain. . .you know how we, Nigerians, are notoriously late for any event. Something is supposed to start at 4, we get there at 10pm. So now people tell their guests the party starts much earlier than the real start time, calculating that by the time the guests get there, it will be close to the time the party actually starts.

Use the same formula. . .say you buy N3000 meat, put N2000 in the pot of soup. So even if he finishes the meat in the pot before meal time you still have plan B. When it is time to serve the meal. . .you whip out the N1000 and viola. . .everyone has meat and you all live happily ever after. grin grin

Good plan B. noted with thanks.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tpia5: 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
when you're cooking meat, if you know he likes snacking on it, then set some aside for him, this isnt rocket science.

abeg dont be opening silly threads because nobody needs some awoko coming in to give lectures on how to serve meat to a nigerian man?

2 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by ifyalways(f): 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
Argh woman, wake up.please buy, prepare and place within his reach and eye radius more spicy and tasty pieces of meat. Let him eat as much as his itchy fingers can BUT while he's busy @ your kitchen "stealing" your meat, jejely move yourself to the bedroom and go deal with his wallets and atms. Itchy fingers V itchy fingers.
lol, mine was dealing with baby milks then, when caught he would claim his mouth was bitter. When my nagging and hiding my baby food didn't work, I simply resolved to deal with his wallet and nobody tell am when to stop.

Looking at the economy and considering that all fingers are not equal, have you thought of "empting" your pot after serving everyone?remove all meat from your soup after serving everyone, put the meat in the fridge or freezer. Most men are generally "kitchen lazy" and won't get the strenght to microwave frozen meat.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tpia5: 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
is there no money to buy enough meat, or is the household an exceptionally big one?

what some other people do is you serve the husband the bigger pieces of meat and everybody else takes smaller shares.

you can also intersperse the meat with fish for the other members of the house.

if the latter suggestions are considered unfair since everybody is equal, then go with the other comments i suppose.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by adetunrayo(f): 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2012
@ifyalways

I like ur method. Mine doesnt do that though, he doesnt enter kitchen again.

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by horny4u(f): 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
You are not even happy he eats your food...

You are not his mother (don't discipline him) you are his omoge...so return to your post

Unilag gals cook some mean stew with orisirisi and do not mind if he wants a 2nd helping

Donot be a control freak

Wahala sleep yanga won wake am...

2 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by armyofone(m): 6:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
as long as he is not dipping his hand/unwashed hand inside the pot, just buy more meat. say you plan to give him 2 for his food, give him 4.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tpia5: 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
seriously, the audacity of nlers never fails to amaze me.

i hope this is a fake thread sha.

am i out of touch with the modern world, and if so, can someone enlighten me on how you people do your things these days.

if its to be shouting butt butt, b.reast b.reast, everybody wants me, na dat one no dey tire una.

op no vex o!! na my own i dey talk.

when i have time i'll go through your posts in order to know you better.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by EfemenaXY: 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
SUV: my husband is fond of taking meat from the pot of soup/stew after everyone had finished eating.

when we were growing up, my mum used to beat our house help for taking meat from the pot, she said its a bad habit. now my hubby is doing the same thin.

The annoying part is that sometimes we may not have surplus meat, we will only hv enof to go round everybody for the meal times, and when he finishes eating the meat in the pot, the real meal time, if there is no meat left to serve the food, he will complain that u are serving food without meat, that it is not proper.

It's no big deal.

He's a man, and big strong men need meat. Could be that you dey give am "shekere" pieces.

Don't be mean girl, just cook more of the stuff for him and the rest of the family.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by sucezTP(f): 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
ifyalways: Argh woman, wake up.please buy, prepare and place within his reach and eye radius more spicy and tasty pieces of meat. Let him eat as much as his itchy fingers can BUT while he's busy @ your kitchen "stealing" your meat, jejely move yourself to the bedroom and go deal with his wallets and atms. Itchy fingers V itchy fingers.
lol, mine was dealing with baby milks then, when caught he would claim his mouth was bitter. When my nagging and hiding my baby food didn't work, I simply resolved to deal with his wallet and nobody tell am when to stop.

Looking at the economy and considering that all fingers are not equal, have you thought of "empting" your pot after serving everyone?remove all meat from your soup after serving everyone, put the meat in the fridge or freezer. Most men are generally "kitchen lazy" and won't get the strenght to microwave frozen meat.

U so funny sha! Anyways, its all fun n, evidence of happy family..
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Lexusgs430: 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
Next time he does it, beat him the exact way your mum beats the househelp and pull both of his ears afterwards.

6 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
Boil the meat with garlic before frying it. I bet he would lose appetite.

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Chaydee(m): 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
Laugh wan kill Me grin grin
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
hahahahahahahaha
This just reminds me of my ex gf. I used to be summarily banned from the kitchen prior to dinner time. grin The chicken always mysteriously disappeared anytime i showed up and she just got tired of looking for them or yelling that they be returned.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Ramcie(f): 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
Hehehe! Sneak behind him when he is stealing sowi taking the meat from the pot. Enlarge the pix and put it in the sitting room for the kids to see daddy doing wat he knows how to do best grin

4 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by pendo89(f): 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
grin grin grin Pardon me for laughing.But mehn! interesting stuff.
Billyonaire: Boil the meat with garlic before frying it. I bet he would lose appetite.
You cant be serious! I love the taste and smell of fried garlic. ok am not the hubby but it mayt have reverse effects.

Gosh u cant hide food!! undecided I would place it all there for him to eat.Isnt he the one buying? Just ask him to buy more and save urself stress.
I feel so embarrased just reading this! grin

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
Do what my mom would always do... set aside a few pieces for him to snack on when he comes roving around the soup pot.
... and put the rest of the soup in the freezer as soon as you are done serving. grin Worked a treat since my dad would not go into the freezer to get the meat. He couldnt even find it.

1 Like

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by SisiKill1: 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
tpia@:
seriously, the audacity of nlers never fails to amaze me.

i hope this is a fake thread sha.

am i out of touch with the modern world, and if so, can someone enlighten me on how you people do your things these days.

if its to be shouting butt butt, b.reast b.reast, everybody wants me, na dat one no dey tire una.

op no vex o!! na my own i dey talk.

when i have time i'll go through your posts in order to know you better.

I swear you are just wonderfully made!!

Tpia, I beg with everything. . . never change!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tpia5: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
Lexusgs430: Next time he does it, beat him the exact way your mum beats the househelp and pull both of his ears afterwards.

the problem is some young girls will be looking at this topic and feeling when they marry, its ok to start ranking your husband with the househelp and stare at his mouth in anger every time he eats meat.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by tpia5: 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I swear you are just wonderfully made!!

Tpia, I beg with everything. . . never change!!! cheesy cheesy

this has to be a fake thread, for real.

unless i'm missing something.
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Jabioro: 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
I can't stop laughing! Sorry.now if you cook divid d meat to 2 part,leave half in d pot,and keep remain part in fridge or anyhw 2 preserve it
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
And how is that a problem or bad habbit? If he likes meat. He should pay more for it simple as abc.
I
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Okaakoko(m): 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
no be him give the money? In my house oh, everyone is free with the pot
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by Lenny5000(m): 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
SUV: my husband is fond of taking meat from the pot of soup/stew after everyone had finished eating.

What else can you do? You cant fight him because of food. If your family have enough money for it. Just fry extra meat (since ur husband loves it) and keep aside, when it's time to eat add the extra meat. But if you cant afford it, explain to your husband that as much you are happy that he loves your cooking, there wont be enough meat if eats whats in the pot. Bless
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by dagreen14: 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
chaircover:

Thumbs up; he likes your cooking

No big deal, just cook more meat than you require or cook and grill some meat and leave it in the fridge for him to pick and nibble when he wants

I dont see what the problem is, he is a grown man & I beleive who works hard and puts down food money so, if he wants to eat his own meat in his own home then please let him be.

you re cracking me up ....
Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by nobaga: 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
Be serious.

It is a bad habit. Even if he leaves the money for the meat, it does not mean he can eat more than his share while others do without. If there is scarcity, parents must do with less. In this case, it is not about scacity but about a bad habit that the man cannot let go. Yes someone said it already, freeze one third of the meat. In oder to train him, leave none in the pot after everyone has eaten. If he makes a special request for more or you want to satisfy his habit, cut the meat in his plate by a third. He can have that after his meal if he so desire.

If that is his special habit and you do not curb it in a friendly or subtle way, you will never have enough meat in the house.

There are men that spend big on food and drinks outside while they leave little at home. I hope this is not the case. But the lady have to be careful. You do not want to drive him to eating outside but must also curb his habit. Sometimes it is not out of greed but just a bad habit.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by executinal(m): 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
Every day i get good laugh in nairaland. Once i am angry the next step is to log into nairaland before i will scroll through three topic somebody will surely make my day.
@Op thanks for this your topic i can't stop laughing. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This? by peclint: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
LOL, me am known for stealing the meat in the pot while they are even cooking it.
Its fun jare, If i don't steal ur meat, then your food is not delicious.

The only person i no fit steal meat for her cooking pot na my grand mama o lol, the woman wan kill me sey i steal meat for her pot even though na me they provide the money for the food lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander Mother And Son Celebrate Birthday Same Day And Share Pictures / Should He Inform His Wife Of His Salary Increase? / Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.