Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Floods In Airports Around The World - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Floods In Airports Around The World (3311 Views)

Beauty Of Engineering: Amazing Images Of Airports Around The World. / How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics / 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
See as everybody carry Enugu airport flood matter for head as if it floods everytime it rain. Something went wrong probably blockage of the drainage system which can also happen to any airport in the world as showed by the op pictures.
Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by EasternLeopard: 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
Adelaide2:

Cherry-picking what? Is there any of those pictures that is false? You want to tear an argument with 18 pictures apart using just 2 pictures? You are very laughable.

BTW, how do you know how much rain fell in Enugu? Did you measure it?

Op

You are a murderer

You just murdered some Igbo haters

I hereby sentence you to Aso rock to serve for 8yrs cheesy

1 Like

Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by priscaoge(f): 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
Adelaide2: Only Nigerians who have not left the shores of Nigeria, or those who just cross the boarder by foot to Cotonou would complain about flooded airports

Airports flood everywhere

Airport in India
It's obvious that u got those pics online,So surfing from one site to another gathering pics now made u a tourist abi? Or did u travel to those countries today and snapped those pics? Stop sounding like a semi illiterate Bro.
Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by shizzle11(m): 11:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
kcjazz: In the history of flooding, has Enugu airport or any other airport in Nigeria ever flooded? Do you have data to show that the rains in Enugu this year is the highest? Rather than see things right we want to make comparisms with others. Compare nepa or hospitals in those same places.

Yeah flood is like terrorism, it is everywhere, lets seat and just live with it. Next time you will see a pothole on our road and compare it with earthquakes in California.
You are just as stewpid as the 7imbec1les who liked your senseless comment
Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by shizzle11(m): 11:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
priscaoge:
It's obvious that u got those pics online,So surfing from one site to another gathering pics now made u a tourist abi? Or did u travel to those countries today and snapped those pics? Stop sounding like a semi illiterate Bro.
The point he is driving home is that rain hazards pervades airports across the world and the flooding isn't peculiar to Enugu airport, even more developed countries experience such angry
Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by priscaoge(f): 11:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
shizzle11: prisca what is wrong with you?, you don't make any sense either. The point he is driving home is that rain hazards pervades airports across the world and the flooding isn't peculiar to Enugu airport, even more developed countries experience such angry
Is it that u don't understand English Or my post is confusing u? No one is disputing the fact that the flood affected other countries,Which most of them didn't happen today. Read,comprehend before u quote. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by shizzle11(m): 11:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
priscaoge:
No one is disputing the fact that the flood affected other countries,Which most of them didn't happen today. Read,comprehend before u quote. Thanks
I with rather not do this with you for certain reasons, I'll simply pass. Can you pls edit or withdraw the striked out from your comment?
Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by priscaoge(f): 12:11am On Aug 22, 2014
shizzle11:
I with rather not do this with you for certain reasons, I'll simply pass. Can you pls edit or withdraw the striked out from your comment? thanks
Nope u used that statement 1st. Quoting me to tell me that I don't make any sense undecidedOp was the one that said some pple sounds like semi illiterate here and That's y I told him not to sound like one. Go back n read the post before u quote again. Thanks
Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by shizzle11(m): 12:13am On Aug 22, 2014
priscaoge:
Nope u used that statement 1st. Quoting me to tell me that I don't make any sense undecidedOp was the one that said some pple sounds like semi illiterate here and That's y I told him not to sound like one. Go back n read the post before u quote again. Thanks
OK I will edit mine as well and you to edit accordingly, so we can be good, i have my reasons okay?
Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by priscaoge(f): 12:14am On Aug 22, 2014
shizzle11:
OK I will edit mine as well and you to edit accordingly, so we can be good, i have my reasons okay?
Am cool with that.
Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by shizzle11(m): 12:18am On Aug 22, 2014
priscaoge:
Am cool with that.
coolcool
Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by mikkyphp(m): 1:44am On Aug 22, 2014
Lets call a Spade a Spade. Defending rubbish won't get us anywhere. The contractor obviously did a bad job with the drainage and should be reprimanded for it.
Posting pictures from other countries where they had far more serious heavy downpours will not help us.it is only a desperate bid to shy from the truth. When we stop lying to ourselves, then we can begin to be accountable, and take others into account as well.

Imagine it was only your house on the street that you built with your hard earned cash that got flooded, @OP, will you take this position?

Let us be REAL!
Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 22, 2014
shizzle11: The point he is driving home is that rain hazards pervades airports across the world and the flooding isn't peculiar to Enugu airport, even more developed countries experience such angry
We are in Nigeria why has no other Nigerian airport been flooded at least we have airports all oer Nigeria and it has been raining for ever.Why only Enugu.Does Enugu have the worst rain in Nigeria.Did we hear any news about flooding in the rest of Enugu.When we had floods that terribly affected the whole country with rivers overflowing there were no airports flooded.
Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by DECOtech(m): 10:05am On Aug 22, 2014
Tolexander: so posting pictures got from the internet has made you a world tourist?
Is that the issue? Why derail this thread?

2 Likes

Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by Tolexander: 10:11am On Aug 22, 2014
DECOtech: Is that the issue? Why derail this thread?
what is it saying?
Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by ekoboy: 11:39am On Aug 22, 2014
Really airport can flood anywhere depending of the drainage available and the extent of the rain.
But the part that bothers me is seeing passengers coming down.

Was it safe for the plane to land in that condition?

1 Like

Re: Floods In Airports Around The World by anonimi: 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
Given the speed with which the flooded Enugu airport thread made FP one wonders why this BALANCE thread is still hidden

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nigerian Restaurant In Beijing China Where U Can Enjoy Nigerian Food. Pic / Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 / 7 Things You Need To Know About Upper Iweka As A Traveler.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.