Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 (3315 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Silverpurple: 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
I will appreciate insight from people here to know if this covid period is a good time to relocate to Aussy...

I recently got the Aussy, 189 PR visa. I stay and work in Lagos earning 550k a month. Is this a good time to leave all and move to Aussy. I am a software developer in Lagos.

Also, I have a wife and infant son.

Thanks for your advice..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Excessnation: 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2020
IMO I would advise you to go to Australia, it’s kinda worth the try

1 Like

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by blackpanthar: 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2020
Silverpurple:
I will appreciate insight from people here to know if this covid period is a good time to relocate to Aussy...

I recently got the Aussy, 189 PR visa. I stay and work in Lagos earning 550k a month. Is this a good time to leave all and move to Aussy. I am a software developer in Lagos.

Thanks for your advice..

GOD has done for u what no man can do.... pls RUN abroad and do not look back

9 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
For the sake of that your son run and never look back. Nigeria will be worse in the future.

7 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Silverpurple: 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
Thanks you everyone for the replies so far. I would also like to know how the current job market is there for developers, and how to be ready.
Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by JennyKadry2: 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
You decided to go through the hassle of securing a visa not just any visa, PR visa. You made up your mind to do it. Now that you have the visa, you are here asking people what to do.

Throw your passport away

How I dislike threads like this.

34 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Silverpurple: 2:07pm On Oct 26, 2020
JennyKadry2:
You decided to go through the hassle of securing a visa not just any visa, PR visa. You made up your mind to do it. Now that you have the visa, you are here asking people what to do.

Throw your passport away

How I dislike threads like this.

Hello bros/sis, it's not like that. No need for confrontation. I am only particular about the Covid-19 lock down effect on the economy, and how easy it will be to get a job and assimilate under this condition. No one could have planned for Covid-19.

Merci.
Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by ecomalchemist(m): 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
Silverpurple:

Hello bros/sis, it's not like that. No need for confrontation. I am only particular about the Covid-19 lock down effect on the economy, and how easy it will be to get a job and assimilate under this condition. No one could have planned for Covid-19.

Merci.

lol, you are in a first world country and you are in Tech.

Obviously, you cannot lack jobs.

Aussie trumps Naija anyday anytime even twice on a Monday so take that PR and secure your son's future.

If Buhari, sanwo IRO and fashola did that rubbish on live TV, Nigeria can't get any better.

Safe flight.

6 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Olalekank(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hi Silverpurple!

Congrats on getting the PR. You are a Software Engineer and your skills are definitely transferrable, anywhere in the world.
I would advice you take the move. Pending when you leave Nigeria, you could begin the application process for jobs there while still looking out for possible remote jobs online.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Silverpurple: 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
Olalekank:
Hi Silverpurple!

Congrats on getting the PR. You are a Software Engineer and your skills are definitely transferrable, anywhere in the world.
I would advice you take the move. Pending when you leave Nigeria, you could begin the application process for jobs there while still looking out for possible remote jobs online.

Good luck!

Thanks...
Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Silverpurple: 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
ecomalchemist:

lol, you are in a first world country and you are in Tech.

Obviously, you cannot lack jobs.

Aussie trumps Naija anyday anytime even twice on a Monday so take that PR and secure your son's future.

If Buhari, sanwo IRO and fashola did that rubbish on live TV, Nigeria can't get any better.

Safe flight.

Thanks.
Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Braziliantwo: 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
Big bro, 550k is not upto 2000 dollars. With your skill, u will earn more than that in Aussy, pls I would need your help too. Because I wanna be in Aussy as soon as possible

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by wiggle: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2020
OP stay in Nigeria don't go anywhere. My advice since you want one
Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Silverpurple: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2020
Braziliantwo:
Big bro, 550k is not upto 2000 dollars. With your skill, u will earn more than that in Aussy, pls I would need your help too. Because I wanna be in Aussy as soon as possible

Thanks, what help do you need?
Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Froshloaded: 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
U don get visa wey many people still dey pray for...

My brother move to Aussie..

1 Like

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Rosunkeye(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
Silverpurple:

Thanks for your advice..
hi, pls can you give us the breakdown and step by step process. I’ve read and read and digested the whole process... I’m in dilemma. A DIY explanation would go a long way.

2 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by queengift(f): 6:28pm On Oct 26, 2020
Wow, Australia PR visa, is very difficult to get, unlike Canada. I will advice you to relocate to Aussy, so that you won't be like most of our parents that are weeping now for throwing away such opportunity.
All the best dear.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Silverpurple: 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
Rosunkeye:
hi, pls can you give us the breakdown and step by step process. I’ve read and read and digested the whole process... I’m in dilemma. A DIY explanation would go a long way.

I will try to be brief.
1) You will need to get you English assessment. I did IELTS. Aim to get 8 in all segments.

2) Chose an occupation that matches your supporting documents. For Software Engineer (261313), all required documents are on ACS website. This just shows that you have formal training I.e. certificate and transcript (Bsc in top Federal University or any related Engineering Bsc is better). They also need you to show that you have the right work experience, I.e. payslip, etc.

3) Once you are done with assessment. You are good i'll say. Other factors that will help you is if you spouse has competent English. This would be minimum of 6 in IELTS. Another factor that will help is age. Less than 35 is best.

4) You then put in your documents in the skill-select website and hope you get ITA. The higher the point, the better.

5) Once you are nominated, you will need to do medicals and apply for Visa. This will cost some money so be prepared. I paid about 6kAUD I think...

6) After applying, you just wait till you get an email with a letter saying you are granted. This is where I am now.

Pardon my typo....Thanks.

15 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by sharpman1(m): 7:43pm On Oct 26, 2020
Silverpurple:

Thanks for your advice..

Better get the hell out of that god forsaken shit-hole country.
Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Rosunkeye(m): 8:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
Thanks for info tho I’m grateful... sorry if I may ask what was your point?
Silverpurple:

I will try to be brief.
1) You will need to get you English assessment. I did IELTS. Aim to get 8 in all segments.

2) Chose an occupation that matches your supporting documents. For Software Engineer (261313), all required documents are on ACS website. This just shows that you have formal training I.e. certificate and transcript (Bsc in top Federal University or any related Engineering Bsc is better). They also need you to show that you have the right work experience, I.e. payslip, etc.

3) Once you are done with assessment. You are good i'll say. Other factors that will help you is if you spouse has competent English. This would be minimum of 6 in IELTS. Another factor that will help is age. Less than 35 is best.

4) You then put in your documents in the skill-select website and hope you get ITA. The higher the point, the better.

5) Once you are nominated, you will need to do medicals and apply for Visa. This will cost some money so be prepared. I paid about 6kAUD I think...

6) After applying, you just wait till you get an email with a letter saying you are granted. This is where I am now.

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Rosunkeye(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2020
And also the waiting time?
Silverpurple:

I will try to be brief.

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Silverpurple: 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2020
Rosunkeye:
Thanks for info tho I’m grateful... sorry if I may ask what was your point?

80 points...
About 11 months waiting...I started when the world was still normal, no covid..

1 Like

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Ikjosh04: 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by abike12(f): 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2020
Congratulations and yes you should absolutely take the Australia opportunity... Do you have the option of going first and your family joining you in a few months? Just to reduce the initial stress and keep costs low

1 Like

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Gerrard59(m): 3:45am On Oct 27, 2020
Please grab the offer. You have a high in-demand skill that has even been made so by the pandemic and PR from a country noted for how difficult it is to get one, what else do you need?

abike12:
Congratulations and yes you should absolutely take the Australia opportunity... Do you have the option of going first and your family joining you in a few months? Just to reduce the initial stress and keep costs low

I agree with her. If it is possible, take up that option and bring them when everything is OK. I say so because the restrictions on movement due to Covid-19 by the Aussie government even for her citizens get as e be.

4 Likes

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by salawustyles(m): 7:03am On Oct 27, 2020
you've gotten the visa already and you're in the tech industry getting a gib paying job like the one you have in Nigeria wouldn't be an issue . lastly think about your child .oga abeg if you no won go gimme the visa

1 Like

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by 4everEdward(m): 9:22am On Oct 27, 2020
Silverpurple:

Merci.

Bro if you know what God has done for you! You won’t seek advice from anybody at all! The economy of Australia �� will always be good. And God that has given you this visa will secure a job for you and your wife. Japa now

1 Like

Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Etinosa1234: 1:18am On Oct 28, 2020
I would have said don’t go now but u are a software developer so job must dey...

Australia just entered recession due to covid so everywhere might be tougher than expected but their recession is not like Nigeria own ooo

If u like to go, go but now that there are a lot restrictions there due to the pandemic, it’s best u wait a little while... money nor be problem for u

Las las get the Australian passport.. it’ll give u advantage to travel places without stress of visa

By the way bro, are u into web or mobile development
Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by Japiloma: 7:37am On Nov 04, 2020
4everEdward:

Bro if you know what God has done for you! You won’t seek advice from anybody at all! The economy of Australia �� will always be good. And God that has given you this visa will secure a job for you and your wife. Japa now
How can i contact u. PayPal fund Available for sale
Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by JoshOxborn: 7:59am On Nov 04, 2020
Imagine this question. You already made your choice but you still came here to flaunt your salary and occupation.
Re: Move To Australia Or Stay In Naija, 550k Job In 2020 by MarathonDon: 8:09am On Nov 04, 2020
Japiloma:

How can i contact u. PayPal fund Available for sale

Come to me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Move To Canada With 500k to 700k? / A Nigerian Restaurant In Beijing China Where U Can Enjoy Nigerian Food. Pic / Living In Guyana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.